We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1308
    Quote Originally Posted by Schildkroeti View Post
    Is the horse in the "middle earth essential pack" permanent or just for some hours? Which rank I need to buy this pack?
    Hi,

The horse will be permanent and it won't matter what level you are.
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

What precisely are you missing out on if you purchase the Legacy Bundle? If I understood correctly you don't get the races and classes from expansion. Is there anything else? Also, is there really no option to expand your inventory/bags or shared storage without resorting to store points? 300+ points for five slots seems like a lot if you only play one character. Thank you for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalaweston View Post
    What precisely are you missing out on if you purchase the Legacy Bundle? If I understood correctly you don't get the races and classes from expansion. Is there anything else? Also, is there really no option to expand your inventory/bags or shared storage without resorting to store points? 300+ points for five slots seems like a lot if you only play one character. Thank you for reading.
    You understood correctly, the Legacy Bundle will not include:

• Class: Rune-keeper
      Normally included with Mines of Moria expansion purchase, available separately in the LOTRO store for 795 LP.
    • Class: Warden
      Normally included with Mines of Moria expansion purchase, available separately in the LOTRO store for 795 LP.
    • Class: Beorning
      Separate purchase for everyone, not included in any expansions. Costs 1,000 LP to unlock, or 1,295 LP in combination with a Character Slot.
    • Race: High Elf
      Included in the Collector's Edition and Ultimate Fan Bundle for the Mordor expansion, or available for 1,000 LP in the LOTRO store.

Additionally, if you would purchase the expansions separately from the LOTRO Market, they would each apply a number of unlocks to your account as well:

• Mines of Moria
      • 2 Character Slots.
        Additional slots can be purchased in the LOTRO store for 595 LP each. Premium players (players who have spent any amount of money on the game) get 5 slots by default, active VIP subscribers get 7.
      • Skirmish Soldier Trait Cap raised to 15.*

• Siege of Mirkwood
      • Skirmish Soldier Trait Cap raised from 15 to 25.*

• Rise of Isengard
      • An account-wide mount (granted to every character you create).
      • An account-wide title (<name>, Guard of the Isen).

• Riders of Rohan
      • An account-wide mount.
      • An account-wide title (<name>, Friend of the Mark).

• Helms Deep
      • An account-wide cosmetic chestplate.
      • An account-wide title (<name>, Enforcer of Helm).
      • 1,000 LOTRO points, included in the Market version of the expansion. These are not included if you purchase the Expansion through the ingame LOTRO store.

• Mordor
      • Aria of the Valar x1 -- ONLY included if you purchase any of the 3 Market versions of the expansion. The ingame store version is significantly cheaper, but does not include this item.
        The Aria of the Valar is a level boost, instantly granting one character level 105 as well as a bunch of extra bonus goodies. Don't expect this to get you into t2 raiding shape, but if you simply want to start questing in the later areas of the game this item has got you covered.

*Skirmishes and Skirmish Soldiers are mostly irrelevant now, only listing these for the sake of being complete.

The bundle will give you complete access to every Quest, Deed, Instance and Raid currently available in the game. It also includes an important unlock - the Premium Wallet - that will apply to your whole account. There are however still a bunch of things you might want to unlock that are not included -- such as the Inventory space you mention. VIP players get additional Inventory space unlocked by default (and the Legacy bundle includes 12 months of VIP time), but if you want to have the maximum amount of space you will need to purchase it in the LOTRO store.

You should keep in mind that any character you log into once while your account has VIP status will permanently gain a bunch of unlocks such as extra inventory space, Trait slots unlocked and access to Swift Travel on Stable Masters in the higher level areas of the game.

Does the bundle provide a good value for new players? Only if you plan on playing for longer than a year. What doesn't make a lot of sense is that the bundle includes both the VIP time AND the Quest Packs separately. Essentially you're buying the same thing twice, which means you only get full value for your money if you keep playing after the 12 months of VIP time expire. It's really more of a "I only want to make one purchase and get full access to all the content in the game"-thing. Full price for the Classes/Races not included in the bundle add up to 3,590 LOTRO points (RK + Warden + Beorning + High Elf).

---

If you DON'T plan on playing for longer than a year, well... for $99,97 you can get access to all the Expansions (Moria, Mirkwood, Isengard, Rohan, Helms Deep and Mordor) including most of the bonus items and the RK/Warden Classes (only missing out on the High Elf race and the Aria of the Valar from Mordor) by purchasing the following:

• Expansion Quad Pack in the LOTRO Market ($39.99) will grant you all Moria, Mirkwood, Isengard and Rohan expansion content + bonus items.
    • Helms Deep Base Edition in the LOTRO Market ($39.99) will grant you all of the Helms Deep content and unlocks + 1,000 LP for use in the ingame store.
    • If you purchase $19.99 worth of LOTRO points on top of that (=1,600LP) you have enough to purchase Mordor in the ingame store (1,000 from Helms Deep pack + 1,600 = 2,600 -- Mordor in the ingame store costs 2,495).

Add the price of however long you wish to subscribe onto that and you'll probably end up with a better deal than the Legacy Bundle while technically unlocking more stuff (unless you REALLY care about the Housing fluff included in the Legacy Bundle). The main difference here being, once your sub time expires, all the Quest Packs (= non-Expansion content) will be locked again to you, while the Legacy Bundle permanently unlocks these for you.
    Last edited by B749; Dec 13 2018 at 06:15 AM.
    Earbold (Laurelin [EN-RP])
    Member of the Bandits raid alliance
    Original Challenger of Gothmog and the Abyss

Quote Originally Posted by B749 View Post
    *snip B749's excellent reply imho*
    This answer is more than I could have hoped for. Thank you very much.

The last part was great information. So basically I could just go VIP for now and have some fun learning the game/my class properly at low levels and then if some expansion pack goes on sale while I level up I'll grab that.
    Last edited by Thalaweston; Dec 13 2018 at 07:36 AM.

this document is a nice comparison
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=788696768

i have bought most of the content via lotro points and black friday deals before, so i have unlocked all content up to mordor on my account.
    Legacy bundle - 200$, if you are on 1 year subscription you pay 100$ for it. since 1 year VIP is included in the bundle lets say you get rest of the content for 100$.
    From rest of the content i would be intrested in getting: mithril coins, housing wrists, crafting housing items, that makes it worth 10965 LP and 11k LP bundle is for 100$ so is around same as if i got these sepratly.
    i would still be intrested in getting the 2 new regions i havent bought yet (so i had them, in case i would drop VIP) and sleeping cat pet.
    So this makes the legacy bundle worth for me, and would get bunch of items dont really need on top of it.

I think you need to decide what you want and what not, and decide yourself. The bundle is pretty big and if you count everything inside, its definitely worth it.

I have a few follow up question on crafting.

I'm wondering the following:

1. If I don't really want to focus on crafting low level alternative characters; Would it be better to go Armourer over Armsman or vice versa if I play a heavy armour class?
    2. If you haven't found or joined a Kinship yet; What would be the best way to go about asking for someone to craft an item for you?
    3. How do you tip a someone that has crafted an item for you? Or is there a system for this? Or is it better to buy from the auctioneer?
    4. Is it worth creating a level 6 crafting alt-character like many do?

Quote Originally Posted by 4andreas View Post
    this document is a nice comparison
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=788696768

i have bought most of the content via lotro points and black friday deals before, so i have unlocked all content up to mordor on my account.
    Legacy bundle - 200$, if you are on 1 year subscription you pay 100$ for it. since 1 year VIP is included in the bundle lets say you get rest of the content for 100$.
    From rest of the content i would be intrested in getting: mithril coins, housing wrists, crafting housing items, that makes it worth 10965 LP and 11k LP bundle is for 100$ so is around same as if i got these sepratly.
    i would still be intrested in getting the 2 new regions i havent bought yet (so i had them, in case i would drop VIP) and sleeping cat pet.
    So this makes the legacy bundle worth for me, and would get bunch of items dont really need on top of it.

I think you need to decide what you want and what not, and decide yourself. The bundle is pretty big and if you count everything inside, its definitely worth it.
    Thank you for the spreadsheet!

I can't find how this spreadsheet takes into account if you purchase the expansions on a sale and if you buy the points when there is a double points promo?

I have a few follow up question on crafting.

I'm wondering the following:

1. If I don't really want to focus on crafting low level alternative characters; Would it be better to go Armourer over Armsman or vice versa if I play a heavy armour class?
    2. If you haven't found or joined a Kinship yet; What would be the best way to go about asking for someone to craft an item for you?
    3. How do you tip a someone that has crafted an item for you? Or is there a system for this? Or is it better to buy from the auctioneer?
    4. Is it worth creating a level 6 crafting alt-character like many do?
    If you like the game, the Legacy Bundle is good deal for all that content, and you get 6000 LP over that year as VIP to get some other things.
    If you like the game and want to spend the time crafting, then create alts with two leveling characters for gathering materials: explorer and a historian.

type on the trade channel:
    /trade Need level 45ish 2-handed sword. will pay.

Just offer what you can afford. Also, know what stats are important for your class to tell the crafter.

You can always check the AH for stuff and buy stuff if good.

On my server (which I am leaving because population is so low), random people hardly ever get a response when asking for crafting help. Maybe after them typing on the /trade channel several times someone helps them. Imagine doing that every time. Different servers may be different. That is no indictment of my server either. That's just the way it is. Crafting takes the players time and materials.

I'm not in a kin, but stuff isn't "free" there either. i'm not saying you're asking for free stuff.

I wonder myself if there are people who never craft a thing in this game???

Edit: to answer your first question, I would say Armourer maybe. not sure though.
    Last edited by WarmBeaches; Dec 13 2018 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmBeaches View Post
    If you like the game, the Legacy Bundle is good deal for all that content, and you get 6000 LP over that year as VIP to get some other things.
    If you like the game and want to spend the time crafting, then create alts with two leveling characters for gathering materials: explorer and a historian.

type on the trade channel:
    /trade Need level 45ish 2-handed sword. will pay.

Just offer what you can afford. Also, know what stats are important for your class to tell the crafter.

You can always check the AH for stuff and buy stuff if good.

On my server (which I am leaving because population is so low), random people hardly ever get a response when asking for crafting help. Maybe after them typing on the /trade channel several times someone helps them. Imagine doing that every time. Different servers may be different. That is no indictment of my server either. That's just the way it is. Crafting takes the players time and materials.

I'm not in a kin, but stuff isn't "free" there either. i'm not saying you're asking for free stuff.

I wonder myself if there are people who never craft a thing in this game???

Edit: to answer your first question, I would say Armourer maybe. not sure though.

Thanks for the help!

Can't launch game

Hello,
    I recently downloaded and installed the LOTRO app on my Macbook Pro.

After the huge file download, etc. I tried to launch the game. And it began downloading 17,000+ files. Is this right? Its literally taken about 4 hours so far and I'm only 3000 in...

I think they are Dat files?

Hello ! Just returned to this game, I am very excited and leveling up like hell.
    Maybe someone would give me some advice : I joined the Evernight server, was that a good choice for a freshly starting EU player ?
    What about instance finder ? Any tips or info about it ? Also, maybe someone could post some up to date guides ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pros3lyte View Post
    Hello,
    I recently downloaded and installed the LOTRO app on my Macbook Pro.

After the huge file download, etc. I tried to launch the game. And it began downloading 17,000+ files. Is this right? Its literally taken about 4 hours so far and I'm only 3000 in...

I think they are Dat files?
    Yes that is correct, I had something similar like 18000 files... took ages, and this is after an already huge download.

Yes that is correct, I had something similar like 18000 files... took ages, and this is after an already huge download.
    Thanks for the clarification! I'll just wait it out.

Cannot post in lottery forum

How do I make it to where I can reply to the LOTRO Beacon threads so that I can enter into the 500 points lottery?

Quote Originally Posted by riddler666 View Post
    How do I make it to where I can reply to the LOTRO Beacon threads so that I can enter into the 500 points lottery?
    There's always a post in the developer diaries section with the Beacon issue number in the title:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...eacon-Issue-90

Good luck!
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Returning Player looking for a Home.

I'm a old player returning and I'm excited ! I started back on Brandywine but I'm curious how's the Population ? I want to be on a good server with lots of people. Thanks !

Jot and tittle

So I've been playing since beta on and off, really enjoy the game. I think this is the first time I ever posted to the forum in any meaningful way. I think it would be cool if two things were given a look at.
    1. I loved FMs in SoA, it would be nice to see this great feature brought back to life. Example: an instance, to get boss to appear your fellowship has to complete a random maneuver. If they fail, add are thrown in, and that repeats until compounded until they accomplish it. Most should get it on first try. Anyway, just an example of how it could be used.
    2. I always loved hearing about pvmp mobs that got into landscape, thought that was cool. I know this has been suggested in the past, but having creeps ha e there own little sections of some of the maps that are not really integral, say Weathering Hills north east of bree, most people have never even noticed this place. Basically a mini motors on map with shields so they couldn't get out, like what you see at GV. At the same time creeps have the ability to go in or out. This is all in an effort to make pvmp a smooth transition, and more accessible. Just some thoughts...

This game has so much potential. I kinda wish I could world build with you guys.

Hello

Hello All. I am coming back to LOTRO after a long time off. I started at launch so that was awhile ago but haven't been on since they started the store and points and stuff. I remember loving MORIA. In any case just quick questions about how the game is. What is a good world? How is the community? Are the forums good to "mess" around in or is just kind of arguing. I guess all forums will have a little bit of that but I would love to be able to get into the came again and look forward to surfing the forums. Mae Govannen

Returning New player looking for tips...

i left the game years ago at around lvl 60 or so in Lothlorien. Now im back really enjoying the game and have upgraded to Vip.
    my question is if all expansions7addons are included in the vip package or if i have to buy expansions separately to keep leveling and questing in new areas?
    And if so, what are the important ones to invest in to progress towards lvl 120 without any restrictions

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Zilverback View Post
    i left the game years ago at around lvl 60 or so in Lothlorien. Now im back really enjoying the game and have upgraded to Vip.
    my question is if all expansions7addons are included in the vip package or if i have to buy expansions separately to keep leveling and questing in new areas?
    And if so, what are the important ones to invest in to progress towards lvl 120 without any restrictions

Thank you
    Everybody must buy the expansions. Check the LOTRO Market regularly, they often have specials and with the Anniversary coming up there should be one that you can make use of.

Welcome back
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 104 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Quote Originally Posted by SanctusBellator2 View Post
    Hello All. I am coming back to LOTRO after a long time off. I started at launch so that was awhile ago but haven't been on since they started the store and points and stuff. I remember loving MORIA. In any case just quick questions about how the game is. What is a good world? How is the community? Are the forums good to "mess" around in or is just kind of arguing. I guess all forums will have a little bit of that but I would love to be able to get into the came again and look forward to surfing the forums. Mae Govannen
    There are now just 5 servers per region, USA and Europe, See this link for more information. The Pacific Region has been rolled up into the US servers. As to the best server, depends on what you want to do?

Though you are currently restricted to this forum for posting you can go and read the others to answer you forums question.

Welcome back.
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 104 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules

Question How to Find a Player?

Hi,
    I'm trying to find a player who I chatted with, but forgot to add. They added me to a Fellowship (which I mistook for a Kinship - I'm new lol) but I had to relog and I lost them. I know their race and beginning of their name, so I tried looking in the 'Social/Who' panel (I think this shows who's online in the server?) with no success.

Help appreciated!

Only way to maybe find the player is to ask in Global Chat or in the specific server forum (When access is granted) on these forums. There are no other ways.

I really only made this to see how old my account was and I can't comment anywhere else. Haha

How can you play without paying i can't log in because it keeps on saying i have to be a VIP to play and i thought this game was free to play? :/

Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast