We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92
Results 2,276 to 2,294 of 2294
    Quote Originally Posted by DjShiggles View Post
    Hello, thanks for your suggestions. I am not running any antivirus or firewall except for whatever Windows 10 has built in. As for monitoring while lotro is running, how do I do that? Do i need third party software? and when the freeze happens, what exactly am I looking for?

Thanks
    Windows Task Manager - Performance Tab. Enlarge the panel if necessary so you can see all of the component areas (Disk, CPU, network, GPU) on left. Then when the freeze occurs see if any of them have spiked up to max, especially GPU (graphics).

If none, then the problem might be ISP or, and I hope not, just typical LOTRO creaky ancient architecture performance problem.

Oh, by any chance are you playing on Evernight? That's the busiest and most problematic server.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Windows Task Manager - Performance Tab. Enlarge the panel if necessary so you can see all of the component areas (Disk, CPU, network, GPU) on left. Then when the freeze occurs see if any of them have spiked up to max, especially GPU (graphics).

If none, then the problem might be ISP or, and I hope not, just typical LOTRO creaky ancient architecture performance problem.

Oh, by any chance are you playing on Evernight? That's the busiest and most problematic server.
    Well, I tried what you said and nothing is seemingly spiking up to max when the freeze occurs. I am not playing on Evernight...

I'm getting so frustrated and defeated.

The game peeps finally responded to my ticket and said I should try the repair utility in the launcher. I did that and it didn't even seem to do anything at all, but clearly didnt fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DjShiggles View Post
    Well, I tried what you said and nothing is seemingly spiking up to max when the freeze occurs. I am not playing on Evernight...
    Nosdracir suggested it might be your Internet connection. Try a full reset of your local network. Shut everything down starting with your computer and work your way upstream until everything is off or unplugged. Wait 2 full minutes with everything off. Then turn on the most upstream device (for most people, that's their cable modem) and wait for it to fully boot. You can tell when it's done by the lights on its panel, or just wait 2 full minutes. Then turn on the next device downstream (for most people, that's their wifi/router) and wait for it to full boot. As before, you can tell when it's done by the lights on its panel, or just wait 2 full minutes. Then turn on the next device downstream (for most people, that's their computer). This procedure will reset your DNS tables and give you a fresh connection to your ISP. Try LOTRO, hopefully this resolves your issue.

Since you tried the "repair" function of the LOTRO launcher application, and if the network reset doesn't work, you might want to delete your installation of LOTRO from your computer and reinstall it from scratch. Doing that doesn't take much longer than the "repair" but since it replaces EVERYTHING it is more likely to result in success if some component of the game is corrupted. If you choose to do this, be sure to leave your The Lord of the Rings Online folder in place; you don't need to trash your preferences and so forth stored there, only the game's application and support files in your programs folder.
    Last edited by Tralfazz; Mar 23 2021 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    Nosdracir suggested it might be your Internet connection. Try a full reset of your local network. Shut everything down starting with your computer and work your way upstream until everything is off or unplugged. Wait 2 full minutes with everything off. Then turn on the most upstream device (for most people, that's their cable modem) and wait for it to fully boot. You can tell when it's done by the lights on its panel, or just wait 2 full minutes. Then turn on the next device downstream (for most people, that's their wifi/router) and wait for it to full boot. As before, you can tell when it's done by the lights on its panel, or just wait 2 full minutes. Then turn on the next device downstream (for most people, that's their computer). This procedure will reset your DNS tables and give you a fresh connection to your ISP. Try LOTRO, hopefully this resolves your issue.
    Ya know, I feel silly for not already trying all this. I just figured since I had such a solid connect that wasn’t the issue. I’m gonna try this next time and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

Question Is there way to play the game minimally, e.g. just to enjoy travelling around while lvl up by solo quests?

Hi, for those who don't know me, I play for the 3dtime after 2008 and 2010 when I stopped at lvl 30 as Hunter Elf before Trolshaws due to difficulty leveling up.

I now played till level 7.

I find the game after my 10 years pause very much faster on leveling, but also very much more evolved/complicated for a newcomer to learn it.

I feel stupid :P I'm not sure where to start from, in which direction, and if I have the time to learn all stuff to enjoy all aspects of the game : ) )

Is there way to play the game minimally, e.g. just to enjoy travelling around while leveling up from casual quests?

So sort of a virtual walking.

It is ok if I have to pay VIP and LOTRO Points for this, as Tolkien is my teen's year favourite, I'm happy it exists 10 years, so I like to support the game at least financially if I have no time to fully participate.

Quote Originally Posted by esgol View Post
    Hi, for those who don't know me, I play for the 3dtime after 2008 and 2010 when I stopped at lvl 30 as Hunter Elf before Trolshaws due to difficulty leveling up.

I now played till level 7.

I find the game after my 10 years pause very much faster on leveling, but also very much more evolved/complicated for a newcomer to learn it.

I feel stupid :P I'm not sure where to start from, in which direction, and if I have the time to learn all stuff to enjoy all aspects of the game : ) )

Is there way to play the game minimally, e.g. just to enjoy travelling around while leveling up from casual quests?

So sort of a virtual walking - especially now in pandemic lockdown period : )
    There's a large amount of content from level 1-15 because there are multiple starting regions - Ered Luin for dwarf and elf, Shire for hobbits, and Bree area for Man. You are not limited to your own racial area, however, so you can start in Celondim as an Elf, pop up to Thorin's Halls and do some quests in the dwarf area, ride over to Michel Delving and do hobbit quests, then to Bree, etc. Any one of these areas can take you to level 15+, but if you move around at whim you'll eventually outlevel the quests and they'll become trivial. You can complete them on super-easy mode or come back to them on a whim whenever you want to finish up some more questing for the Virtue Point awards.

At level 15ish you can move into the Bree-land Barrow Downs area (outside Bree west gate and a bit south) for 15-20 content. At 20 you can go out the other gate and east a ways to the Forsaken Inn for Lone Lands questing from level 20-30.

There's also North Downs questing that covers level 22ish to 35 and/or Evendim for 30-40. These are the start of purchased content. Trollshaws would start around 32-35.

All of this older content has a lot of back and forth quest vectors that send you from one end to the other and back left over from the original game. Making people move long distances was one of the built-in mechanisms to slow down people's levelling and play in the early days. It got revamped and streamlined a bit a few years back, but there's still a lot of back and forth until you finally hit Moria around level 50.

You will need to pay some attention to how you allocate Virtue XP and which Virtue is flagged as "earning" since you can't refund and reallocate these. Basically you want to raise Tactical Mastery for a caster class (Loremaster, Runekeeper, Minstrel) and Physical Mastery for the rest. The next virtue should be for your main stat (Heavy Armour = Might, Medium = Determination, Light = Will), then Wit and Confidence for any class. Fifth choice varies a lot more by class. Once you get four raised so you can slot them then you can just flag the first one as "earning" and excess will roll down to the next ones in order.

For class traits, in general, you can pick the red line for your class as that's generally a decent one for solo play except for dual wield Champion who should go yellow. You can refund and reallocate these so mistakes woon't hamper you.

If quests seem to tough you can always go to another area with lower level quests and work on them for a while to level up. At level 20 you will get an in-game email about the skirmish system. This is basically a set of repeatable quests that you can initiate from anywhere at any time. You pick one of the quests, set the difficulty, set the level, and go. You get rewarded with silver, skirmish marks, and skirmish medallions. The latter two can be used to barter for decent equipment at the skirmish camps located all over the place.

Don't hesitate to cancel a quest if you find it difficult. You can always go back and pick up up again later. If you cancel one by accident there's usually a 5 minute delay before you can take it again.

I hope that helps a bit. Have fun!

Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Thank you so much for such a long reply for me !!! : D

I use always ELF HUNTER BOWMASTER, but I feel dwarf with hammer seems 3 times stronger than me in fighting.

At what are good ELF HUNTER BOWMASTER? Are they good for playing mostly solo?

Quote Originally Posted by esgol View Post
    Thank you so much for such a long reply for me !!! : D

I use always ELF HUNTER BOWMASTER, but I feel dwarf with hammer seems 3 times stronger than me in fighting.

At what are good ELF HUNTER BOWMASTER? Are they good for playing mostly solo?
    Hunters of any race are great for playing solo. You just need to use the correct skills in order so that you kill the enemy mob before it can attack you. Basically you use skills that build up your focus and then use skills that expend focus and do more damage to finish the kill. When using the Bowmaster (red) trait line you should also toggle on the Strength Stance so that Quick Shot slows your enemy and also adds +5% damage to each of your attacks. The sequence for attacking one mob would look like this:

1. Left click on target and move to within range (the little symbol in the upper left corner of the Quick Shot icon disappears).
    2. Quick Shot 2 times - hits mob and starts them running to you but they are slower and adds 1 focus
    3. Blindside - more damage to mob and adds 3 focus
    4. Penetrating shot - expends 3 focus and usually finishes the job.

When you reach level 8 (maybe already have) you gain the Focus skill and can add 9 focus before you start combat. Then you can change your rotation of skills to:

1. Focus
    2. Quick Shot
    3. Penetrating Shot 2 times

If you are faced with two enemies close together such that attacking one will bring the other then you use your Set Trap skill first:

1. Move to within range then take a couple more steps forward.
    2. Focus
    3. Set Trap, then take 2 steps back
    4. Quick shot then 2 Penetrating Shot to kill one enemy. The other will run up to you and get caught in the trap.
    5. Blindside, Pen Shot, Pen Shot on the one in the trap. It will smack you a bit because it got close, but you should be able to kill it first.

When doing the above for 2 enemies where one has a ranged weapon, like a goblin with a spear, then kill the spear thrower first because he will not run up to the trap.

You also have Pinning Shot which will root a mob in place at a distance although it costs 3 focus. It's very useful for the tougher "boss" mobs. The pin will break when you shoot them more, but it temporarily halts them. You might do something like:

1. Focus
    2. Penetrating Shot
    3. Pinning Shot
    4. Quick Shot x 2
    5. Pen Shot
    6. Blindside
    7. Pen Shot

At level 10 you get Swift Bow, which adds 2 Focus and makes 2 shots. Then you can get a faster rotation working like:

1. Quick Shot
    2. Swift Bow
    3. Pen Shot
    4. Blindside
    5. Pen Shot

So you don't have to always stop and use Focus first but instead build it up with QS and SB.

Most of the time you will only need to face one or two enemies at the same time and rarely encounter two ranged enemies at once. You'll also get some more skills like Low Cut at 18 and Blood Arrow (damage plus heals you!) at 20 which will really help.

Lightbulb Jugadores que hablen español!

Buenas! Busco hacer amigos aquí que hablen español. Mi nivel es 16, empecé hace unos días a jugar. Mi discord es juanmromer#4201 y juego por ahora en Laurelin.

So far, I am only able to do quests. Are there other adventure paths I can take ? I am currently ftp.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSam View Post
    So far, I am only able to do quests. Are there other adventure paths I can take ? I am currently ftp.

Thanks.
    What sort of "other adventure paths" do you have in mind?

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Just about anything except being in a sequence of quests, that I cannot seem to break out of. I can see a bit of training to get starting gear. After that, I should be able to go wherever my character can survive. Taking on the occasional quest, but not being in lockstep with nothing but a sequence of rigid quests.

Just about anything except being in a sequence of quests, that I cannot seem to break out of. I can see a bit of training to get starting gear. After that, I should be able to go wherever my character can survive. Taking on the occasional quest, but not being in lockstep with nothing but a sequence of rigid quests.
    That's how this game is structured as it follows a story (in the main). It's not like, for example, ESO where everything is scaled to your character level. It's more linear in that respect. There are alternative areas you can choose between at certain levels but in the main progression in this game is follow the Epic Quests and do side quests to fill in levelling.

You don't have to do every quest in every area and can move on whenever you feel able. The only restriction being you can't do quests that are more than a set level (5, I believe) above your character level.

If you are still in hte level 1-6 range then you are in one of the racial starting areas (Thorin's Halls for elf/dwarf or Archet for man/hobbit). These are the training areas and you do have to follow the line of quests to complete them and travel the world. Once you complete them you will be ported to your race's home region, for example man stays in Archet but it's a different Archet with access to the entire world. That's the point where you can travel anywhere you can handle and a few places you can't.

So say you are race of man and end up in "burning" Archet. You can do quests there, or figure out how to get to Bree and then to The Shire and do hobbit land quests, or to the eld or dwarf end of Ered Luin and do elf or dwarf quests, and back and forth wherever you want. There are some limitations:

1. As noted, you can only take new quests that are rated at five levels high than you or less.
    2. You only get XP for killing mobs up to 7 levels higher than you and none for mobs that have gray names.
    3. If you enter a region that is 15+ levels higher than you then you will become a magnet for everything that wants to kill you.

Other than those things you are free to roam wherever you can reach.

You might be interested in finding the farm near Michel Delving in The Shire where you can take quests where you play as a chicken.

Have fun!

Sounds like I discovered. I had gamed here around 10 or so years ago. No idea what the account name is, nor what email address, long gone, was connected to it.

I'll try it for bit more, but it doesn't sound like a game I would want to do. I started back in pencil and paper dats about 1980.

Thanks for the info.

returning player

hi guys, im a new/returning player and have some questions.

first: Should i play in legendary server or the Live server? how active are the legendary server?
    And when i go to the Live server, what is the best server to join? [EU or US].

Live-server i thinking on Evernight or Arkenstone?
    Or give it a a better server?

Second:
    Give it a Dungeon finder or something? to find people for dungeons?
    wanna make some dungeons, but no idea if someone still make the Low dungeons.

Three:
    The expendtions:

Should i buy it form the store or form the Lotro points?
    the LOTRO Expansion Trove! has everthing inside except Minas Morgul and war of three Peaks? or must i buy gondor too?

Otherwise the lotro points are farmable?

What is the max Inventar space to buy? how many bags can i have?

Four:

How are the performance doinig?

i remember to start the legendary server give it some lags and ping problems??

Quote Originally Posted by Faleshar View Post
    hi guys, im a new/returning player and have some questions.
    #1 The legendary server is only available if you are VIP. This means you must continue to be VIP or be locked out of that server. You also earn 40% less experience. The activity of the legendary server usually drops after awhile when the next region is released. It is being raised to level 105 April 19th, so there should be a splurge of people going at it this month. Choosing to join a live server is up to you on when you play. Choosing which server depends on how you play. Arkenstone usually has a higher population of endgame players while servers like Landroval supports role-playing. It might be better to pop into each server and ask around for a kinship that might fit your profile. Of course, you are also welcome to wait for their "Challenge" Server they have talked about here within the last year.

#2 Finding people to run with in lower-level dungeons is pretty difficult. Not only is it easier for people to level-up, but quite a few players in those areas are only focused on getting to level cap as quickly as possible. You can use the built-in dungeon-finder, but we suggest you find a comfortable kinship that will help you out or use the LFF channel.

#3 There are two ways to go about buying expansions - paying lotro points for each expansion in the game or buying all of them in one giant package with cash. The Expansion Trove includes the expansions from Moria to Helm's Deep (50 to 95) and Mordor (106 to 115). Gondor zones (96 to 105) are NOT expansions. So unless you are VIP, you will need to purchase each quest pack. Minas Morgul (121 to 130) and War of Three Peaks (130; 80 missions for any level) are the expansions not included in the trove either. It is totally possible to "farm" lotro points, but you have to be a determined person and accomplish a large amount of deeds to buy everything you need in the game. To give you a perspective, each area allows you to make a return on roughly 25% of the cost of the content per character. So, many people make tons of low level alts and run through the free areas in order to earn enough for later zones. I suggest going VIP for at least one month to unlock a bunch of stuff on your characters. Though, you are welcome to try and unlock them with just lotro points. The only thing you cannot purchase with lotro points is Swift Travel. Considering bag space - you get 45 if you are Free-To-Play, 75 if you log into that character while you are VIP (even if it expires), and you pay 325 lotro points for every 5 slots after that up to 135 bag slots. This, of course, is separate from house and vault space.

#4 I think all servers have their fair share of performance issues. Not only does this depend on your computer setup, but also when you login. Peak times tend to show more pockets of lag than 3 in the morning. Your results will vary.
    Last edited by WeirdJedi; Yesterday at 07:41 PM. Reason: Added Max Inventory Space

Not a big issue with the game, but how is the economy in LoTRO?
    I'm a bit of an auction house player in WoW, and I just wondered how it is in this?

I know there is no addon support for it, which is a shame (theres always Excel I suppose!) but is there a market for the likes of consumables or crafted items?

Quote Originally Posted by Voozle View Post
    Not a big issue with the game, but how is the economy in LoTRO?
    I'm a bit of an auction house player in WoW, and I just wondered how it is in this?

I know there is no addon support for it, which is a shame (theres always Excel I suppose!) but is there a market for the likes of consumables or crafted items?
    Since the game has been out for a long time, people have accumulated tons of characters and with them a ton of wealth. This creates a gap where you have new players who have never went over 100g and people who have reached their 9999gold cap on their main character long ago. Any sort of resources, new festival items, or rare items are going to sell well (10-100g). Anything that is gear-related for endgame is going to sell for even more (100-400g). So those consumables you put up for level 40s is probably not going to be touched since level 130s will be wanting the better product. People will craft gear for free if the public provides the material, so don't expect to sell gear for more than 20g each.

You also have to be concerned about the availability of the item. Skirmish Camp provides you with all the necessary items for crafting, gear, or quest items. These things are generally cheap. Even if an item costs 200 marks, a person can easily earn 2000 marks on a single boss in Remmorchant. This means that your target audience is very limited... and they probably have a limited amount of gold to buy whatever product you are selling.

Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92