We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49
Results 1,201 to 1,213 of 1213
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestar45 View Post
    How can you play without paying i can't log in because it keeps on saying i have to be a VIP to play and i thought this game was free to play? :/
    There are two servers called Legendary Servers (Anor and Ithil) that require you to be VIP to play on them. Try logging into one of the other servers to play as they are free to play.

Sashawen
    Level 105 Loremaster

When will I be able to make new posts? I tried to PM Cordovan, but site came back saying link broke.

Just curious, cause I would like to participate on my server page, and hopefully find a nice place to call home.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Firestar45 View Post
    How can you play without paying i can't log in because it keeps on saying i have to be a VIP to play and i thought this game was free to play? :/
    The two "legendary" servers, Anor and Ithil, are VIP only.

All the remaining servers can be played free or paid.

I suspect Anor is at the top of the list that anyone new sees at first login. Once you've logged in to one of the regular servers it will appear at the top of the list the next time you log in.

Note that the only thing really different about the legendary servers is that they have a level 50 cap and content is limited to the regions that were playable before the first expansion. The regular servers have the exact same content plus a whole lot more.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fhyn View Post
    When will I be able to make new posts? I tried to PM Cordovan, but site came back saying link broke.

Just curious, cause I would like to participate on my server page, and hopefully find a nice place to call home.

Thanks
    PMs wont work until you are allowed out of the playpen, as otherwise spammers would just use them to spam everyone.

Post a few times about the game, and in threads that are unlocked to you, and the forum GM will let you out in a day or 3, however they dont work weekends, so dont expect much before Tuesday.

Dont go posting 3rd party links, or adding them to your sig, a fast way to get your account locked.

Why is it like this?? We have had ongoing issues with a particular spammer getting into the forums and posting hundreds of adverts in every single forum thread; His name is Baba Ji and he is VERY persistent.

Even with a x posts per minute restriction, he will set up an automated spam tool to post x + 1 second and get hundreds of spam posts up before he can be blocked.

Thanks, and perfectly understand the reason behind the delay, and agree with it.

Thanks again

New Player Guide link not working

So I got the new account email and the link to the New Player Guide is broken. Any idea where the guide might be online? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wrkidd View Post
    So I got the new account email and the link to the New Player Guide is broken. Any idea where the guide might be online? Thanks

There is a basic manual hidden in the LOTRO install folder - for English look in the "EN" folder. However it is so old and out of date, the copyright is in Latin.

Or do you mean this ?? https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?507561-GUIDE-New-to-LOTRO-hints-and-tips

Hi, I just left another MMO that had a dying population. How is the player population on Brandywine? Is there a more populated server? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dilkin View Post
    Hi, I just left another MMO that had a dying population. How is the player population on Brandywine? Is there a more populated server? Thanks
    Which server? It depends:

What continent are you on?
    Do you want PvE, Role Playing or PvP?
    What are your playing hours?
    Are you VIP or F2P?

All of LOTRO's servers are located in Newark NJ and are in two groups of 5 servers each: one for US , Canada, and Oceanic players and Servers for Europe. Each group has servers where role playing is encouraged and all servers have a PvP population. NOTE: PvP in LOTRO is not the games focus and is more an after-thought. Thus LOTRO's PvP population is small. The European servers are further broken down into English, French and German language servers. There are also two Legendary servers, for those ViPs that want a taste of the old LOTRO.

The best thing to do is to create a character on each server in your preferred region, and ask around in Global Chat. You can also read the Server Forums further down on the main page. LOTRO is a mature game and most players are at level cap, currently level 120, though there a few players (new and alts) at lower levels. You may find that your chosen server has few players at lower levels. Do not worry, LOTRO is a very solo friendly game. All classes can solo to max level, it is just that some will have an easier time of it.

As to which class to play, try them all. Level a class to lvl 20 or 30 or so and if you like it continue on with it. If you do not like the class delete it and go again. You can read the Class Forums

Since you mentioned Brandywine, I will take it as you are in the US region. In this region Arkenstone is probably the most populated.

A few links you should bookmark:

LOTRO-Wiki
    LoTROInterface
    Lord of the Rings Online - Dynamic Map

There are many more, but you won't need them for awhile yet.

Welcome to LOTRO.
    Last edited by Gandolf_TheOld; Jan 21 2019 at 12:34 PM.
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 100 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

I need help, please!! I can't even get the game to run or open because it will not stop trying to do some update, which keeps failing over and over, and the process keeps repeating
    This is my first time trying to play. (Where it says Updating Files, this is what will keep erroring and then trying again).

This is a screenshot. I downloaded the game through Steam. Please help
    Last edited by DrowElfMorwen; Yesterday at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrowElfMorwen View Post
    I need help, please!! I can't even get the game to run or open because it will not stop trying to do some update, which keeps failing over and over, and the process keeps repeating
    This is my first time trying to play. (Where it says Updating Files, this is what will keep erroring and then trying again).

This is a screenshot. I downloaded the game through Steam. Please help
    Win10?? Read Hurins "One Guide" (google "LOTRO One Guide"), and read about what the installers need, but do not contain, especially the steam installer. There are a number of system files and programs the game needs that are not installed by default, even on older Win7 & 8 systems, so if they havent been installed by other games, the LOTRO install will either fail, or the game will fail to launch.

Also, the game files regularly get picked up by AV and firewall programs as suspicious, even by some ISP level filtering.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Win10?? Read Hurins "One Guide" (google "LOTRO One Guide"), and read about what the installers need, but do not contain, especially the steam installer.
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Rule-Them-All

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    Yeah, but people need to learn how to do searches.

Plus, isnt it about time the Mods & Devs overcame the fact Hurin isnt one of them and sticky this thread? It is far more useful than 99% of the rest of the forum.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49