We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1840

status

Are servers still closed for everyone. The sites with the LOTRO server status all say theyre open but I cant access Arkenstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kietta View Post
    Are servers still closed for everyone. The sites with the LOTRO server status all say theyre open but I cant access Arkenstone.
    Ark is still closed as of 12:17 server time.

You might be checking a defunuct server status site or perhaps the static XML page those sites check did not get updated before shutdown. Best way to check on shutdown status is the Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/lotro

No need to install or login to twitter, just check the above link in your browser to see the latest. SSG updates twitter pretty quickly since they can do so just from their phones.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Ark is still closed as of 12:17 server time.

You might be checking a defunuct server status site or perhaps the static XML page those sites check did not get updated before shutdown. Best way to check on shutdown status is the Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/lotro

No need to install or login to twitter, just check the above link in your browser to see the latest. SSG updates twitter pretty quickly since they can do so just from their phones.

Thanks

Thank you both very much for the tips. That clears up a lot and at least now I can clear out my vault and loot bags of that stuff. All good

Treasure Chest -- Iant Angos -- Help!

I know where the treasure chest is in Iant Angos (61.0, 10.6), but I can't figure out how to get down there. Instant death in about every location.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakkart View Post
    I know where the treasure chest is in Iant Angos (61.0, 10.6), but I can't figure out how to get down there. Instant death in about every location.

Any suggestions?
    There was a thread about this just the other day and I answered thusly - "I started around 63S, 10.3E - level with the waterfall. Few broken legs on the way down but not too bad."

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    1. No. Lots of grinding is your only option. There's a guide here - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Acq...nts_from_Deeds

2. You should be able to get better armour, jewellery and weapons from quest rewards (you need Light armour for a LM, they can't use Medium or Heavy). If you pick tailor as a craft option, you can make your own armour. Or your own staff (you can only use a staff) if you pick woodworker. You also get to use a sword in your off-hand once you reach level 40. Scholars make your class item, a book.
    Thank you for the info and help!

I must be stupid. "Free to play without a monthly subscription" sounds like the game is free to play without paying actual $$$$ yet when I tr to create my character, I'm told I can't because I don't have VIP access. I've poked around this forum without finding an answer or figuring out where else to look. I've already spent too much time. Thanks for wasting my time and bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by FunYAK View Post
    I must be stupid. "Free to play without a monthly subscription" sounds like the game is free to play without paying actual $$$$ yet when I tr to create my character, I'm told I can't because I don't have VIP access. I've poked around this forum without finding an answer or figuring out where else to look. I've already spent too much time. Thanks for wasting my time and bandwidth.
    Are you trying to create your toon on Ithil or Anor? Those two are Legendary/VIP only servers. All the other worlds are open to anyone interested.
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

I'm a newb. Just finished Book 1, Ch 9, got Tom Bombadil his lilies for his River-daughter, and he told me where the crebains and their master are and went a-dancin', but it didn't trip my quest log. I found the crebain and their master and they were unresponsive. Game is stuck on me, can I fix it? Is there a level requirement or something I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by StompAss66 View Post
    I'm a newb. Just finished Book 1, Ch 9, got Tom Bombadil his lilies for his River-daughter, and he told me where the crebains and their master are and went a-dancin', but it didn't trip my quest log. I found the crebain and their master and they were unresponsive. Game is stuck on me, can I fix it? Is there a level requirement or something I missed?
    Here's the details on that quest:

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Que...e_Barrow-downs

It's been a loooooong time since I did it so I don't remember any details or peculiarities. It is a level 19 quest so you'd have to be at least level 14 to receive the quest. Hmm. Getting the lilies is only level 18. Maybe you need to do some of the Barrow Downs or Adso's Camp quests to gain a level?
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Thanks!! This is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Here's the details on that quest:

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Que...e_Barrow-downs

It's been a loooooong time since I did it so I don't remember any details or peculiarities. It is a level 19 quest so you'd have to be at least level 14 to receive the quest. Hmm. Getting the lilies is only level 18. Maybe you need to do some of the Barrow Downs or Adso's Camp quests to gain a level?
    I think that may be the problem! I'm only level 13 or so. I'll level up and try again. Thanks!!

"Consume Bleed" - what does this mean exactly?

Morning!

I keep getting trait and legendary upgrade options for 'Onslaught' and 'Wall of steel' relating to 'consuming bleeds'... neither of those skills *cause* a bleed so I'm guessing it means that if a bleed has already been caused via another skill, onslaught & wall of steel could 'absorb' that bleed and add it to the warden's health... but I'm not at all sure about that; what does 'consume' a bleed mean?

Also - are all DoT skills bleed-causing? I.e. 'Devastation' causes 'Light' damage over time; I assume that is NOT a bleed - it's simply light damage caused every x seconds for however long...

Thank you very much you guys are always *so* helpful!

Geldion.

Character Tranfser

I am a day one player, played a ton the 1st few years. Then server populations became an issue, and life got busy. Watched the Hobbit movies with my daughter last week and I was bitten by the LOTRO bug. Spent all day downloading and patching, and I found that I only had a few lvl 10 toons on a server rarely played. My server was Silverload and it's gone. When I asked if my toons were gone, I was told they can't do transfers now. I see forum posts from November that this has been a problem. When was the last time something official was said about this?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Forcemonkey View Post
    I am a day one player, played a ton the 1st few years. Then server populations became an issue, and life got busy. Watched the Hobbit movies with my daughter last week and I was bitten by the LOTRO bug. Spent all day downloading and patching, and I found that I only had a few lvl 10 toons on a server rarely played. My server was Silverload and it's gone. When I asked if my toons were gone, I was told they can't do transfers now. I see forum posts from November that this has been a problem. When was the last time something official was said about this?

Thanks!
    Around one or two months ago, one of the QA people made a post about a test held on Bullroarer. Until the reliability of the process is much better Transfers won't be coming back.
    Ujest - 130 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 105 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    Around one or two months ago, one of the QA people made a post about a test held on Bullroarer. Until the reliability of the process is much better Transfers won't be coming back.
    Kehleyr_SSG reported on Febuary 24 that things were going well. (link)

Reconfigured their business to have people working from home probably slowed things down from there.
    Sophie the Enchantress - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder

Instances

So i've been playing the game for a couple weeks now and generally enjoying it. However i've joined multiple instances and nothing really comes of them. A couple times there were 4-6 players cued but nothing kicked off. So how do instances work? Getting tired of joining them and nothing happening. Thanks

I uninstalled and then reinstalled and still getting this error...

Game Error [201]
    Can't open the data files.
    Check that they exist and that you have permission to write to them.
    The program will now exit. [201]

I don't know anything about computers but I have been playing this game on my laptop for damn near 8 years. I am so confused.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveyEpicP View Post
    Morning!

I keep getting trait and legendary upgrade options for 'Onslaught' and 'Wall of steel' relating to 'consuming bleeds'... neither of those skills *cause* a bleed so I'm guessing it means that if a bleed has already been caused via another skill, onslaught & wall of steel could 'absorb' that bleed and add it to the warden's health... but I'm not at all sure about that; what does 'consume' a bleed mean?
    Just had a quick look at the tooltip on Spear Sweep and it says that, if you trait it, they consume the bleed from Power Attack and Mighty Blow respectively and deal AOE damage, so not a health thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Talonquill View Post
    So i've been playing the game for a couple weeks now and generally enjoying it. However i've joined multiple instances and nothing really comes of them. A couple times there were 4-6 players cued but nothing kicked off. So how do instances work? Getting tired of joining them and nothing happening. Thanks
    Using the Instance Finder? Yeah, no one really uses that. Best way is to keep an eye on the LFF chat channel (or World) for people forming groups or ask in LFF for people to join you in a group to do a specific instance. Best option is to find a Kinship that runs stuff around your level.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Just had a quick look at the tooltip on Spear Sweep and it says that, if you trait it, they consume the bleed from Power Attack and Mighty Blow respectively and deal AOE damage, so not a health thing.
    Hi Altair6 - thanks for your response

I suppose I just don't know what 'consume' means in this context - how can a 'bleed' be 'consumed'?

Thanks again.

Do things get easier after Moria?

Greetings all,

A friend of mine is at level 60 and says that he has been really struggling with how difficult the game is getting after Moria. He's about to head off to Mirkwood I think (following the epic quest line) - he's 72 years old, so it's pretty amazing that he's playing this game at all... one of the things I have *loved* about LOTRo so far is how friendly it is to gamers to play at whatever level of skill they are comfortable with.

I relish the challenge so far but am concerned that the difficulty level will be too high for my friend

It would be a shame if things got too challenging after Moria - any advice?

Thank you!

Greetings all,

A friend of mine is at level 60 and says that he has been really struggling with how difficult the game is getting after Moria. He's about to head off to Mirkwood I think (following the epic quest line) - he's 72 years old, so it's pretty amazing that he's playing this game at all... one of the things I have *loved* about LOTRo so far is how friendly it is to gamers to play at whatever level of skill they are comfortable with.

I relish the challenge so far but am concerned that the difficulty level will be too high for my friend

It would be a shame if things got too challenging after Moria - any advice?

Thank you!
    Hmm, I'd say in some ways things get easier, but maybe not at first. Mirkwood is more difficult than Moria/Lorien, but not suddenly or extremely so. The big advantage that comes after Lorien is that there are multiple regions with the same levels:

Mirkwood is level 60-65, Enedwaith is also 60-65.
    Dunland is 65-75, Great River is 70-75.

With two regions per level-increment, it's easier to do a lot of questing and get your character and gear leveled up enough that it feels easier.

Things may get harder in Rohan, though, because of mounted enemies and the introduction of mounted combat. Mounted combat is something a lot of players dislike, and some people never even use mounted combat but just fight on foot. However mounted enemies are significantly more difficult, especially in Western Gondor and beyond.

My advice to help your friend continue to enjoy the game is to make sure to progress through everything in Mirkwood/Enedwaith, then Dunland/Great-River, doing every quest possible. Also do as many festivals as possible- this gives you the greatest boost in leveling up to make sure your characters are above the level of the regions you're currently running. Being over-leveled is a great way to keep things stress-free when a player is having difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    Hmm, I'd say in some ways things get easier, but maybe not at first. Mirkwood is more difficult than Moria/Lorien, but not suddenly or extremely so. The big advantage that comes after Lorien is that there are multiple regions with the same levels:

Mirkwood is level 60-65, Enedwaith is also 60-65.
    Dunland is 65-75, Great River is 70-75.

With two regions per level-increment, it's easier to do a lot of questing and get your character and gear leveled up enough that it feels easier.

Things may get harder in Rohan, though, because of mounted enemies and the introduction of mounted combat. Mounted combat is something a lot of players dislike, and some people never even use mounted combat but just fight on foot. However mounted enemies are significantly more difficult, especially in Western Gondor and beyond.

My advice to help your friend continue to enjoy the game is to make sure to progress through everything in Mirkwood/Enedwaith, then Dunland/Great-River, doing every quest possible. Also do as many festivals as possible- this gives you the greatest boost in leveling up to make sure your characters are above the level of the regions you're currently running. Being over-leveled is a great way to keep things stress-free when a player is having difficulty
    Thank you SO much for your advice here Halphast!

I'll pass it on - I personally can't wait for mounted combat!

Thank you SO much for your advice here Halphast!

I'll pass it on - I personally can't wait for mounted combat!
    Mounted Combat can be fun- if you want to try it, come at it with patience and an understanding that you're learning something completely new. It's not the same as using your current skills while on horseback.

The biggest bonus is that warsteeds are super fast. It's really fun to zoom around on them Lag can be a problem so expect to run into things and fall off cliffs... XD Just try to keep good humor about it.

Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast