We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88
Results 2,176 to 2,198 of 2198

Need some cool people to help out and show me the ropes in Fellowship Quests

Hello everyone!

Just registered, but I've been playing LOTRO exclusively for the last few months and I friggin' LOVE IT.

Sadly I am quite the noob when it comes to group content. I want to learn the ins and outs, the do's and don'ts, and hopefully have some good times with some cool folks.

My server is Arkenstone, and I have a level 58 DPS Hunter. If anyone is down for some questing let me know. Specifically the quest "Set The Trap" in Moria is my current group quest I'd like to tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lah_Tlar View Post
    been away for many years, was a lifetime vip from beta. Now I can't remember my username/password. Any suggestiond
    Welcome back!

You will need to work with the support to verify it's your account. Any extra info that you can give them will help - email address you used to sign up, old emails from LOTRO, purchase confirmations etc.

Gather what you can and contact support here -> https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by xX_LaZeR0tH_Xx View Post
    Hello everyone!

Just registered, but I've been playing LOTRO exclusively for the last few months and I friggin' LOVE IT.

Sadly I am quite the noob when it comes to group content. I want to learn the ins and outs, the do's and don'ts, and hopefully have some good times with some cool folks.

My server is Arkenstone, and I have a level 58 DPS Hunter. If anyone is down for some questing let me know. Specifically the quest "Set The Trap" in Moria is my current group quest I'd like to tackle.
    Welcome! So glad you're enjoying it!

There are a few approaches you can take- if you're not familiar with it yet, try searching through the Instance Finder- you'll see open groups looking to run specific instances. If you're lucky, someone might be doing your quest. You can also start your own open fellowship through the Instance Finder for the quest you want to do, and wait for people to join.

If you want to run instances and raids often, consider looking for a Kinship that focuses on group content. A lot will be end-game raids, but there are kinships with people who love doing instances together- you might find a great fit.

You can also use the LFF channel in chat- but I've never used it so I don't know how effective that would be. In combination with the instance finder you can probably advertise what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    Welcome! So glad you're enjoying it!

There are a few approaches you can take- if you're not familiar with it yet, try searching through the Instance Finder- you'll see open groups looking to run specific instances. If you're lucky, someone might be doing your quest. You can also start your own open fellowship through the Instance Finder for the quest you want to do, and wait for people to join.

If you want to run instances and raids often, consider looking for a Kinship that focuses on group content. A lot will be end-game raids, but there are kinships with people who love doing instances together- you might find a great fit.

You can also use the LFF channel in chat- but I've never used it so I don't know how effective that would be. In combination with the instance finder you can probably advertise what you're looking for.
    Hey buddy, thanks for the tips there!

I will take a look and get familiar with the Instance Finder and look into joining a kinship.

Only way to learn it is to get out of my shell and start socializing. Hard for me to do since I'm a quiet person but I'm determined so it will happen lol.

How do you post a question?

Quote Originally Posted by ingo2 View Post
    Welcome to Lord of the Rings Online.

If you just created your forum account and cannot yet start a new thread in order to ask a question, you can ask it in this thread.
    I can't figure out how to ask a question in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodlink54 View Post
    I can't figure out how to ask a question in the forum.
    If you have full posting permission then you can go to the desired forum and click the "Post New Thread" button near the top left.

If you can't do that then you don't have full permission yet, so just ask your question here in this thread.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by xX_LaZeR0tH_Xx View Post
    Only way to learn it is to get out of my shell and start socializing. Hard for me to do since I'm a quiet person but I'm determined so it will happen lol.
    This matches a lot of us! I'm sure you'll find a kin that fits you.

Question Book 2 Chapter 10: Forgotten Lineage - Equipping Item

Noob here! Just in the midst of the Forgotten Lineage quest, and I s2g, I cannot figure out how to equip the item. I got the forge-master to id it, and then I closed that box, and went to try to find the item. I can't find it in my inventory. / I'm afraid I may have accidentally gotten rid of it in an inventory purge.

Help?

posting

So how long does it take before you are able to post on the forums ? it's not very new-player friendly...

Quote Originally Posted by Garraty View Post
    So how long does it take before you are able to post on the forums ? it's not very new-player friendly...
    We don't know exactly how long new/inactive accounts have to wait before being granted full posting privileges. Keep checking and if nothing changes after a week or so, PM Cordovan.

Here's the sticky note:
    "When new accounts are created, there are certain restrictions placed on their ability to post to prevent spam and other moderation-related concerns, including harassment and "troll account" creation. If you ever run into an issue where you believe you should be able to post and cannot, please get in touch with Cordovan through the forum Private Messaging system.
    Typically, new accounts should be able to post wherever they would like within a few days to a week."
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by legend4time View Post
    Noob here! Just in the midst of the Forgotten Lineage quest, and I s2g, I cannot figure out how to equip the item. I got the forge-master to id it, and then I closed that box, and went to try to find the item. I can't find it in my inventory. / I'm afraid I may have accidentally gotten rid of it in an inventory purge.

Help?
    You may have already equipped it. If you right click a legendary item that's been identified then it will auto-equip just like a normal item and it will also auto-slot itself on your legendary item panel. You won't see it in inventory any more because it's now equipped. Check your character panel and see if it's there.

Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Hello there!

sorry for the intrusion, I wanted to ask you if I am doing something wrong, as it seems that I cannot post an answer in any of the forum threads... I just activated the forum account although it has been created years ago.

Thanks in advance

Friendly
    Oldar

Edit: Never mind, I found this post here https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Only-Post-Here, so this answers my question.
    Last edited by Oldar; Jan 17 2021 at 03:29 PM.

Sorry again, as I cannot post anywhere else I wanted to ask a question:

I started again the game from scratch. As I want to test some of the available classes, I played a champion (I think?) and I deleted him to make a hunter. I gave him the same name with me champion. What I noticed the first time I went to use the swift travel with the hunter, the service was behind a paywall??? Has something to do with the same name I used OR because I used swift travel once I cannot use it again on this account?

Thanks in advance.

Friendly
    Oldar

Quote Originally Posted by Oldar View Post
    I started again the game from scratch. As I want to test some of the available classes, I played a champion (I think?) and I deleted him to make a hunter. I gave him the same name with me champion. What I noticed the first time I went to use the swift travel with the hunter, the service was behind a paywall??? Has something to do with the same name I used OR because I used swift travel once I cannot use it again on this account?
    Welcome back to LOTRO, Oldar!

Swift Travel, that is, use of a Stable Master to travel between one Stable Master and another without having to experience all the transit time between the two locations, is unlocked for any account and character in the starting areas. Outside of the starting areas, Swift Travel has to be unlocked by purchasing a Writ of Special Passage in the in-game LOTRO store (or obtaining one some other way), which provides temporary access to Swift Travel. However, any character that is logged in FOR EVEN A SECOND while the account is VIP gets Swift Travel in the post-starting zones unlocked forever, even if the account later drops from VIP to Premium status.

But there will still be Swift Travel routes that a character can't use until the destination has been visited at least one time (by briefly interacting with that Stable Master) and many also have additional requirements such as being a minimum level or completing a certain quest or deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    Welcome back to LOTRO, Oldar!

Swift Travel, that is, use of a Stable Master to travel between one Stable Master and another without having to experience all the transit time between the two locations, is unlocked for any account and character in the starting areas. Outside of the starting areas, Swift Travel has to be unlocked by purchasing a Writ of Special Passage in the in-game LOTRO store (or obtaining one some other way), which provides temporary access to Swift Travel. However, any character that is logged in FOR EVEN A SECOND while the account is VIP gets Swift Travel in the post-starting zones unlocked forever, even if the account later drops from VIP to Premium status.

But there will still be Swift Travel routes that a character can't use until the destination has been visited at least one time (by briefly interacting with that Stable Master) and many also have additional requirements such as being a minimum level or completing a certain quest or deed.
    Thank you for your reply! Please forgive my ignorance and allow me for one more question:

I create a character and I swift travel from Combe to Ered Luin and after I swift travel to Shire. I delete that character and I create another class with the same name. I want to follow the same quest path (they are the same race after all) I did, so that I have the "same" experience before I choose my main class. When I reach to Combe, the option to swift travel to Ered Luin is behind a paywall. When I walk there, I see all the in-between runs (e.g. Duillond to Celondim) are locked as well. I wonder if this has to do because of the same name I use for my newly created character...

I am asking that because I was thinking to play each class to 15-20 level so that I can pick up my favorite to main. If I have to walk to these locations every time... this is something that changes my plans for the game to be honest... I thought areas such as Combe, Bree, Shire and Ered Luin are considered as "starting areas" are they not? I cannot understand why the game does not allow me to swift travel between them...

Thanks a lot in advance!

Friendly
    Oldar

Thank you for your reply! Please forgive my ignorance and allow me for one more question:

I create a character and I swift travel from Combe to Ered Luin and after I swift travel to Shire. I delete that character and I create another class with the same name. I want to follow the same quest path (they are the same race after all) I did, so that I have the "same" experience before I choose my main class. When I reach to Combe, the option to swift travel to Ered Luin is behind a paywall. When I walk there, I see all the in-between runs (e.g. Duillond to Celondim) are locked as well. I wonder if this has to do because of the same name I use for my newly created character...

I am asking that because I was thinking to play each class to 15-20 level so that I can pick up my favorite to main. If I have to walk to these locations every time... this is something that changes my plans for the game to be honest... I thought areas such as Combe, Bree, Shire and Ered Luin are considered as "starting areas" are they not? I cannot understand why the game does not allow me to swift travel between them...

Thanks a lot in advance!

Friendly
    Oldar
    After the intro you get a box in the mail that gives you some store items as you level amongst other things. One of the items is a 1 hour swift travel unlock.

Is it possible you used it on your first character but not the second?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Friendly
    Oldar
    Swift Travel is free, for all characters, between West Bree, Celondim, Thorin's Gate, and Michel Delving, so if you can't use it from Combe for whatever reason, you only have to walk to West Bree (not very far at all) in order to use those Swift Travel routes. However, as already mentioned, each character will get a Writ of Special Passage that you can use to unlock Swift Travel from Combe anyway.

Bear in mind that for each character, you will only be able to travel to stables you've previously discovered on that character, with the exceptions of the four stables listed above. So it may well be that several intervening stables (like Duillond, Buckland, Stock, etc.) will be locked on a new character you create, even if you discovered them on a previous character that you've now deleted.

It's all so sad

Lost Character

I used to LOTRO a lot but stopped back in 2016. I have recently got the bug to come back but much has changed. I lost my account but managed to get it back via customer support, but all my characters are gone. Support have told me transfer is not available right now and will not tell me when it will be back...

Has this option been down long or is it an ongoing issue since Turbine no longer ran things?

Cheers for any feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Clarador View Post
    I used to LOTRO a lot but stopped back in 2016. I have recently got the bug to come back but much has changed. I lost my account but managed to get it back via customer support, but all my characters are gone. Support have told me transfer is not available right now and will not tell me when it will be back...

Has this option been down long or is it an ongoing issue since Turbine no longer ran things?

Cheers for any feedback!
    Welcome back to LOTRO!

Unfortunately, your characters were on a server that was closed. There is some sort of database incompatibility between characters on old closed servers and the new servers. SSG has said they are working on it but have not promised a delivery date. I hope for your sake that it's soon but in the meanwhile I hope you take the opportunity to create a new character or two on one of the current servers to explore all the changes!

Hi Everyone,

I used to play LOTRO a lot when I was younger (back in the days of SOA and Moria). Recently started up a new character again (lvl 30 burg) and it looks like an awful lot has been added later on and so far quite a lot seems to have changed (store, traits, quests, deeds, etc). Levelling up seems a lot easier now but I can't work out if its because I'm older and less impatient or if the game actually changed haha!

Out of interest (and I know I'm a long way off) but what's the state of endgame raiding and PvP these days? I quite enjoyed all that before.

Also, I'm more than happy to go VIP but other than that I don't really want to get dragged into spending money on P2W gear or stats. Any advice or must buy items in the store? Which expansions do I need if I'm VIP?

Cheers,
    Southers

Quote Originally Posted by ItaOperor View Post
    After the intro you get a box in the mail that gives you some store items as you level amongst other things. One of the items is a 1 hour swift travel unlock.

Is it possible you used it on your first character but not the second?
    Quote Originally Posted by Morellian View Post
    Swift Travel is free, for all characters, between West Bree, Celondim, Thorin's Gate, and Michel Delving, so if you can't use it from Combe for whatever reason, you only have to walk to West Bree (not very far at all) in order to use those Swift Travel routes. However, as already mentioned, each character will get a Writ of Special Passage that you can use to unlock Swift Travel from Combe anyway.

Bear in mind that for each character, you will only be able to travel to stables you've previously discovered on that character, with the exceptions of the four stables listed above. So it may well be that several intervening stables (like Duillond, Buckland, Stock, etc.) will be locked on a new character you create, even if you discovered them on a previous character that you've now deleted.
    Guys THANK YOU SO much!!!

That was what I was doing wrong... Never gave too much attention to read what that item was about... That solved my problem right there!

Quote Originally Posted by South3rs View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I used to play LOTRO a lot when I was younger (back in the days of SOA and Moria). Recently started up a new character again (lvl 30 burg) and it looks like an awful lot has been added later on and so far quite a lot seems to have changed (store, traits, quests, deeds, etc). Levelling up seems a lot easier now but I can't work out if its because I'm older and less impatient or if the game actually changed haha!

Out of interest (and I know I'm a long way off) but what's the state of endgame raiding and PvP these days? I quite enjoyed all that before.

Also, I'm more than happy to go VIP but other than that I don't really want to get dragged into spending money on P2W gear or stats. Any advice or must buy items in the store? Which expansions do I need if I'm VIP?

Cheers,
    Southers
    Welcome back!

Right now PvP is in an unsettled state while SSG attempts to get it into balance again. I've lost track of which side is currently ridiculously OP, but you can always ask /world and get a torrent of opinions.

The /lff chat on Arkenstone is constantly full of people filling groups for instances of all sizes. Can't speak for other servers as I don't play enough on them. There's quite a bit of work (aka grind) to get well equipped for raiding although one of the largest grinds is for improving your Legendary Items and that starts at 100, so you have 30 levels to work on it before you reach end game.

The number one store item to buy is the Premium Wallet, which is account wide. That enhances the wallet to hold ALL the bound barter currency and unclogs inventory. I find the account wide Journeyman Riding Skill to be invaluable but that's because I'm an altaholic. Most of the store items are convenience and/or grind avoidance. When you reach end game you may need to buy some Universal Solvents in order to make the best essences but only if you can't get them for in-game gold from another player. You may also want to buy some Mithril Coins for convenience usage. You can pay 1 MC for a fast travel ride to an undiscovered stable and save yourself the tedium of a long horse ride or pay one to immediately return to an NPC to turn in a quest instead of running all the way back. The latter is useful when you need to end the game session quickly and don't want to log out in hostile territory.

One last useful purchase would be the three xxx Traveller benefits and additional Milestone skills. Hurried Traveller reduces milestone cooldown by 30 min. Returning Traveller does the same for Return To xxx skills. Expedient Traveller reduces both by 25 min. Thus if you buy all 3 you drop all the cooldowns to 5 min max. Add 3-4 additional Milestone skills and you eliminate a lot of tedious travel time. Note also that there is now a Stablemaster in the center of every housing area so it's well worth it to buy even a small house so you can return there and use the stable.

All the expansions are additional purchases even if VIP. You'll definitely want Moria because it's the only content in the level 50-60 range. Without it you will have no source for XP other than mass killing of Moria mobs and task turn ins. Later on you'll need the Helm's Deep xpac for the 5 trait points awarded from completing its quests. Wait until SSG gets the new Market straightened out and check the new pricing for the expac bundle before you buy.

Hope that helps. Have fun!

Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88