We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1526
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    The week of Nov 24-30 has typically been the best for discounts in the LOTRO Market (link above). This is the so-called Black Friday sale that kicks off the US holiday shopping season. Christmas, New Years, and LOTRO Anniversary (April 30) are also times when they've had decent discounts.

You can also check the LOTRO Beacon online newsletter in the Developer Diaries and Official Discussion forum near the top of the forums. The Beacon is published each Thursday and lists events etc. as well as sales in the in-game store and LOTRO Market. It will also have a code for a free item from the store each week.

Have fun!
    Beacon changed to Friday when person managing it left and Cord took it back over.

I want to delete some characters on my servers, but I'm hesitant. I want to know, after you delete a character can you make a new one with the same name? Is there a time limit on names, or is it lost forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Vexzor View Post
    I want to delete some characters on my servers, but I'm hesitant. I want to know, after you delete a character can you make a new one with the same name? Is there a time limit on names, or is it lost forever?
    Yes, the name should become available again pretty much straight away.

What server should I play on?

I like to just play really, and do some of everything (craft, pve, pvmp, rp, etc.), what's the most populous server for a newbie like me?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf_Miner View Post
    I like to just play really, and do some of everything (craft, pve, pvmp, rp, etc.), what's the most populous server for a newbie like me?
    Arkenstone probably has the higherst pop during NA prime times. Evernight for EU prime times. Note that all servers are in New Jersey but Evernight and Laurelin were originally in EU for English speaking EU players so they retain higher EU pop.

You'll probably find more/better RP opportunities on Landroval (NA) or Laurelin (EU), but population is not as high as the above.

You can create characters on multiple servers and play for a while to check out the local population. The character limit is per server, not per account.

Have fun!
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf_Miner View Post
    Welcome to LOTRO.
    Ujest - 122 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 105 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

ahoy!

writing here just to be able to fully use the forum, cause some anti-spammer measure.

if i got it right.

ok, here am i.

am i doing this right?

Choppy Graphics Solution

I am new to this game (since Nov 01 - level 19 now) and have had a graphics issue since day 1. I can run everything in max resolution getting 80-100fps (Ryzen 2600X, GTX 1060 3GB, Win 10, ReShade), but, randomly it seems, the game goes out of sync and graphics become really choppy, dropping to 40-60fps and becoming unplayable. Logging out and back in didn't solve anything, and I tried a bunch of the solutions on the forum for stuttering, with no effect. So I started playing around with some of the Advanced Graphics settings after everything became choppy today, and found the solution! Right at the bottom of Advanced Graphics I checked "Sync to Refresh Rate" and the problem was instantly fixed.

Hope this helps some folks out there with the same problem.

Expansion Question

Hi all,

Sorry to disturb you all but I have been scouring online and even e-mailed SSG to find an answer to the question but have found nothing yet (I just emailed so I know they need time to respond).

My question is:

Do I need to purchase every expansion that has been released to get all the content or will purchasing the latest expansion (Minas Morgul) automatically unlock all previous expansions including level advancement, etc? I have not found anything that gives me "everything" so I am wondering if the expansion does it. I am a new player really looking forward into exploring Middle Earth with everyone.

Thank you for your time and again I am sorry to ask a (probably) juvenile question that has been probably been answered elsewhere (I just cant find it. )

Sev

Quote Originally Posted by Sevvy View Post
    Hi all,

Sorry to disturb you all but I have been scouring online and even e-mailed SSG to find an answer to the question but have found nothing yet (I just emailed so I know they need time to respond).

My question is:

Do I need to purchase every expansion that has been released to get all the content or will purchasing the latest expansion (Minas Morgul) automatically unlock all previous expansions including level advancement, etc? I have not found anything that gives me "everything" so I am wondering if the expansion does it. I am a new player really looking forward into exploring Middle Earth with everyone.

Thank you for your time and again I am sorry to ask a (probably) juvenile question that has been probably been answered elsewhere (I just cant find it. )

Sev
    You will need to purchase every expansion. They are not cumulative.

There is likely to be a sale around "Black Friday" (Nov 29 this year). Not guaranteed, but it's happened many past Novembers. Expansions have been discounted as much as 75% at these sales. LOTRO Anniversary at the end of April is another likely time for sales. Check pricing in the LOTRO Market (link above) at these times.

Have fun!

Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Hello,

Need i get new expansion for epic quest ?

Quote Originally Posted by jokor View Post
    Hello,

Need i get new expansion for epic quest ?
    If you mean the Black Book quests you either need to have bought the new Minas Morgul expansion or the Mordor expansion. Buying either one will give you access to all the Black Book quests.

If you mean the "normal" Epic quests that run from the start of the game up to Mordor then they are free to everyone except for the ones that are part of the Helm's Deep expansion, you have to buy Helm's Deep to do those.

Hello everyone.
    I am playing for few years now but I have discovered that forum just now.

I would like to seek help about relics and runes on legendary weapons beyond level 100 for my 120 Champion (Waffenmeistee) but I can't post in the german part of the forum. It shall be a new topic. Since I do not want to have it get lost I would like you to put it into a german forum. Is that okay?

In addition I would like to say that writing in english using terms of english lotro is a kinda a problem for me. So if there is someone who speaks german, please help me^^
    By the way: why can't I post something as a newbie?

Best regards
    Folko

Yes, you need to buy them all. At least four first xpacs have been combined into a 'quad pack'.
    The others, Helms Deep, Mordor, Minas Morgul, are separate buys, but you might want to wait till they are on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    You will need to purchase every expansion. They are not cumulative.

There is likely to be a sale around "Black Friday" (Nov 29 this year). Not guaranteed, but it's happened many past Novembers. Expansions have been discounted as much as 75% at these sales. LOTRO Anniversary at the end of April is another likely time for sales. Check pricing in the LOTRO Market (link above) at these times.

Have fun!
    Thank you so much Nosdracir!

Quote Originally Posted by Folko_B View Post
    Hello everyone.

I would like to seek help about relics and runes on legendary weapons beyond level 100 for my 120 Champion (Waffenmeistee) but I can't post in the german part of the forum. It shall be a new topic. Since I do not want to have it get lost I would like you to put it into a german forum. Is that okay?

In addition I would like to say that writing in english using terms of english lotro is a kinda a problem for me. So if there is someone who speaks german, please help me^^

Best regards
    Folko
    Through the power of Google translate.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...20#post7972020

Hello everyone.

Best regards
    Folko
    Keep posting here, if by Friday 15 November you have not received posting privileges send Cordovan a PM requesting posting privileges. The reason new posters can not post is that a few years ago there was a large problem with spammers, and every so often they come back.

Google translate to German: Posten Sie hier weiter, wenn Sie bis Freitag, 15. November, keine Posting-Privilegien erhalten haben. Senden Sie Cordovan eine PM, um Posting-Privilegien anzufordern. Der Grund, warum neue Poster nicht veröffentlicht werden können, ist, dass es vor einigen Jahren ein großes Problem mit Spammern gab und sie immer wieder zurückkommen.

Welcome to the Forums (Willkommen in den Foren)
    Ujest - 122 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 105 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Hello everyone.

Best regards
    Folko
    Viele sinnvolle (fürn waffi) bekommst du bei den tälern des anduin bei den fraktionshändlern. für die waffenmeisterrune rune würde ich die mit +2,5% angriffsgeschwindigkeit vom reliktmeister empfehlen oder alternativ + 7,5% zerstörerischer schaden. die wahl liegt da bei dir.

Can't start a new thread

Hello, I can't start a new thread but I just got the expansion and made a stout-axe character. I had the bare-chested dwarf cosmetic already and funny enough, it doesn't work on stout-axe DWARVES. When equipped the only thing that shows is the the default shirt that comes up when you have no chest piece. Is there any way it could be patched for stout-axes?

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    If you mean the Black Book quests you either need to have bought the new Minas Morgul expansion or the Mordor expansion. Buying either one will give you access to all the Black Book quests.
    This.

Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wodaz View Post
    Hello, I can't start a new thread but I just got the expansion and made a stout-axe character. I had the bare-chested dwarf cosmetic already and funny enough, it doesn't work on stout-axe DWARVES. When equipped the only thing that shows is the the default shirt that comes up when you have no chest piece. Is there any way it could be patched for stout-axes?
    You should report this as a bug either in-game or via the Submit a Bug link above.

It might not be fixable due to the existence of female Stout-Axes. Can't have bare chested female-looking Stout-Axes running around in a teen rated game.

I'm a new player and can't make a new post, why? when will I be able to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by vecnysamotar View Post
    All new/inactive accounts have posting restrictions placed upon them in order to prevent spamming. You should be able to post anywhere in the forums in a couple of days.
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by vecnysamotar View Post
    You have to prove you’re a real player and not some spammer. Finding this thread is like a rite of passage. Congratulations, you’re not a robot!

You should find that you are able to post elsewhere within a day or two of this post.

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Yeah I am waiting for my forum name to get changed right now since it has been years since I used the account. I am also awaiting support to reply on a ticket on old characters I used to have to transfer since I don't seem to have the transfer button on the launcher. I haven't played actively in several years and I am afraid all the progress I made on my characters is now gone.

Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast