We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2329
    Gibdomir Guest

Absolute Beginner!

I've had a little resurgence in my interest in this game and decided to give it a whirl. Wish I'd started sooner! I've been playing it this week and have reached level 10, but I am really looking for other people to play with as that is, of course, one of the main points of the game. Any like-minded players out there or any advice on how and where to start up a little group to play with people around the same level?

Over all the best place to find fellow players at your level is on the servers. You can create a few characters on all servers and see which feels like home to you. Post in World Chat or LFF about what you want to do, but remember some players are dipsticks, and you should just ignore them

Welcome to LOTRO.
    Ujest - 130 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 105 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Quote Originally Posted by Gibdomir View Post
    I've had a little resurgence in my interest in this game and decided to give it a whirl. Wish I'd started sooner! I've been playing it this week and have reached level 10, but I am really looking for other people to play with as that is, of course, one of the main points of the game. Any like-minded players out there or any advice on how and where to start up a little group to play with people around the same level?
    Welcome!

If you open the Social panel (or type /who) you can sort players by level. It's only going to show you 100 people at a time, but you can adjust the levels at the top for those around your level. After that, just PM them in-game. If you see people playing in the same area around you, just invite them to your group.
    (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> LotRO Beta Tester & 2007 Founder's Club Veteran <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

Gibdomir Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    Over all the best place to find fellow players at your level is on the servers. You can create a few characters on all servers and see which feels like home to you. Post in World Chat or LFF about what you want to do, but remember some players are dipsticks, and you should just ignore them

Welcome to LOTRO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evodius View Post
    Welcome!

If you open the Social panel (or type /who) you can sort players by level. It's only going to show you 100 people at a time, but you can adjust the levels at the top for those around your level. After that, just PM them in-game. If you see people playing in the same area around you, just invite them to your group.
    Thanks for your advice! I'll give it a go and hopefully find some people to play with. The quests themselves can be a bit repetitive and going out into the wilds and seeing animals with bright red names makes me nervous!

Gylnne Guest

What has changed in in 4 years?

Hi folks,

Returning player here. It has been at least 4 years since I have played LOTRO on my steam account. What has changed in that time I should be aware of? Also when I hit play on steam to enter LOTRO it pops up with a box with a code to give the game concerning a quad pack I bought. How do I apply this code.

Appreciate your help, tis nice to be back.

Gylnne

Quote Originally Posted by Gylnne View Post
    Hi folks,

Returning player here. It has been at least 4 years since I have played LOTRO on my steam account. What has changed in that time I should be aware of? Also when I hit play on steam to enter LOTRO it pops up with a box with a code to give the game concerning a quad pack I bought. How do I apply this code.

Appreciate your help, tis nice to be back.

Gylnne
    Welcome back to LOTRO.

What has changed? Everything and nothing...

You should have received an email with the code copy the code and paste it into the box indicated.

Max Level is now 130. We have completed the Lore story line and LOTRO is now out in the wilds on its own. Mordor was a ###### then it was nerfed. The Dwarf story can be interesting. Many classes now have fewer skills, LOTRO is now more solo focused. PvP is still a side line, but they are working on it this year, find the latest Producers Letter for more info.
    Ujest - 130 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 105 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules

Gylnne Guest
    Welcome back to LOTRO.

What has changed? Everything and nothing...

You should have received an email with the code copy the code and paste it into the box indicated.

Max Level is now 130. We have completed the Lore story line and LOTRO is now out in the wilds on its own. Mordor was a ###### then it was nerfed. The Dwarf story can be interesting. Many classes now have fewer skills, LOTRO is now more solo focused. PvP is still a side line, but they are working on it this year, find the latest Producers Letter for more info.
    Thank you Gandolf for your reply.

I apologize as I was not very clear. This quad pack I bought years ago. I could not find my old login lotro info so I made a new account to play on steam.

If you were looking for that Quad pack to apply it to the current account, not gona happen. You may be able to convince Customer Service, but the easiest way is to purchase those expansions again.

You might also be able to recover your old account with some help from customer service.

Gylnne Guest
    If you were looking for that Quad pack to apply it to the current account, not gona happen. You may be able to convince Customer Service, but the easiest way is to purchase those expansions again.
    Ok thank you.

Gylnne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    You might also be able to recover your old account with some help from customer service.
    I will give that a try, thanks Tralfazz.

Helethon Guest

Question LOTRO plays surround sound, but...

Hi. I recently got my first surround sound hardware, a 7.1 headset from Logitech. Due to this I started wondering what things in my PC could be heard in surround, and after a long journey I realised (without expecting it) that LOTRO has surround sound.

BUT... during my journey I installed a software that can show what sound channels are being used and, even if LOTRO can play surround sound, there are two channels that play no sound at all: Front Center and Subwoofer (as seen in the following screenshot)

I know these are the channels playing no sound because, after tests with Windows 10 sound settings, the channels are, in order:
    1. Front Left
    2. Front Right
    3. Front Center
    4. Subwoofer
    5. Rear Left
    6. Rear Right
    7. Side Left
    8. Side Right

So, I was wondering if this was the way LOTRO plays surround sound, or if there was something my installation is missing.

Mintpress Guest
    Hello, I'm a relatively new player - got a mini to 48 last year, and it was my first time playing ever, even after 15 years of other mmos. After some to-ing and fro-ing am back here and looking to settle in for the long haul, but having decided to start a new character for now, I'm curious as to where to begin.

So having spent the last few hours watching videos etc. I'm quite keen on playing loremaster, given (from what i've read) that every team needs a yellow Lm for debuffs. Sounds good to me, but is the role over-subscribed in general? Is levelling as yellow going to be too slow?

Also I was keen on Captain for tanking - I quite like to play the classes/specs that are in demand for group content. They seem to be ruling the roost right now as far as tanking goes - how likely is this to change?

Realistically, does Hunter get boring to main given the lack of other roles it can play?

Lastly, could anyone give me a very quick must-buy list of expansions/quest packs etc.?

Thank you in advance,

Quote Originally Posted by Mintpress View Post
    I'm curious as to where to begin.
    The thing you should be aware of is that it is entirely possible to switch between trait trees for your class, one for leveling and one for group content. Every class is needed in some capacity and some classes don't even have to switch out their gear. Most of what you hear about in the forums or in videos generally reflect what the current meta is - as in what does the most damage or performs the best with the current endgame. You really shouldn't worry about such things until you get your permanent weapon at level 100. Classes are constantly in fluctuation and there is no telling what sort of dynamic the classes will be in once Gundabad comes out in a few months with the new brawler class and the level cap raised. There is also going to be a new legendary "Challenge" server coming out soon too. We don't have a clue how the classes will perform, because the "balancing act" the developers perform seems quite random at times.

Captains have already been majorly nerfed in Update 30 a couple days ago. Hunters are a double edge sword since they are super easy to progress through the content, but also makes the game boring if everything dies before touching you. We highly suggest trying each class up to around level 20 and play the one you find fun. As for what expansions and quest packs you must buy, there is no easy answer since there are so many of them. Every zone has something to contribute, and quite a bit of them will have some sort of benefit for you at endgame. The only offer right now is to buy the Expansion Trove filled with all the expansions up to level 115; I would not want to try to spend lotro points on each individual expansion.

Loenor Guest

Lost progress after starting?

I assumed the game progress was persistent like other mmo's. But I did the High Elf intro, up to the point where I meet Elrond and he wants me to go see if someone else is awake. I exited the game and came back later and I'm back at the very beginning of the intro story?

Quote Originally Posted by Loenor View Post
    I assumed the game progress was persistent like other mmo's. But I did the High Elf intro, up to the point where I meet Elrond and he wants me to go see if someone else is awake. I exited the game and came back later and I'm back at the very beginning of the intro story?
    I am unfamiliar with that introduction, but it sounds like the game is treating it like a private instance. Your objective progresses as you continue the instance. If you leave during the middle of it, your progress resets. You leave the instance when it completes. It is viewed completely different than what you would normally experience from the actual world.

Mintpress Guest
    Point taken with trying the classes out, I do wish dps mini was more viable as that was fun - perhaps later on!

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    The only offer right now is to buy the Expansion Trove filled with all the expansions up to level 115; I would not want to try to spend lotro points on each individual expansion.
    Purchased - thanks

JulianCMcM Guest
    Hi friends,

I purchased a house in the Shire and am a VIP subscriber. Ive been able to place decorations in my home but when I want to remove an item I placed the option to return to owner is grayed out.

The only items that can be removed are on the walls. Everything else either has to be replaced or cant change at all. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by JulianCMcM View Post
    Hi friends,

I purchased a house in the Shire and am a VIP subscriber. Ive been able to place decorations in my home but when I want to remove an item I placed the option to return to owner is grayed out.

The only items that can be removed are on the walls. Everything else either has to be replaced or cant change at all. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
    The Return to Owner option is only available for decorations that are bound. There are many decorations that have no specific owner so there's no one owner to return them to. Just right click when in deco mode and drag it out of the panel and into inventory.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

JulianCMcM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    The Return to Owner option is only available for decorations that are bound. There are many decorations that have no specific owner so there's no one owner to return them to. Just right click when in deco mode and drag it out of the panel and into inventory.
    I love you.

Mushythegoblin Guest

Why is there NO euro english store? I speak english, but am not from UK or US.

Not planning on speaking german or french, wanted to know how much expansions cost. what to buy to be able to progress trough the game. but i am bit stonewalled. either pounds or dollars. or german/french. What about the rest of europe? Don't we matter anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Mushythegoblin View Post
    Not planning on speaking german or french, wanted to know how much expansions cost. what to buy to be able to progress trough the game. but i am bit stonewalled. either pounds or dollars. or german/french. What about the rest of europe? Don't we matter anymore?
    Looks like they only give options for the four locales. The actual market site is owned and operated by Daybreak Games and they are now owned by a Swedish company. Go figure.

The only thing you can do is open the LOTRO_Market - New Expansions link above twice. Set one of them to English and the other to FR or DE. Read the descriptions on the English side and make the purchase on the Euro language side.

Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

RolandFlagg Guest

Issues getting started

Hi everyone! I just submitted a help request, but I thought I would ask here as well. I want to get started, but I'm having issues getting the game to launch. I downloaded everything, log in, select my world and then nothing happens. I tried to disable my anti virus and it didn't help. Any ideas?

denixius Guest

Question

Hi!

I would like to learn if there is a "remember me" option in the launcher. Because, personally, the login phase is really slow when we don't have this option. I appreciated if there is a chance to activate it from anywhere in the launcher.

Bests,

Quote Originally Posted by RolandFlagg View Post
    Hi everyone! I just submitted a help request, but I thought I would ask here as well. I want to get started, but I'm having issues getting the game to launch. I downloaded everything, log in, select my world and then nothing happens. I tried to disable my anti virus and it didn't help. Any ideas?
    Go over the steps in this post as you may need to perform one of them manually to get the game to launch.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Rule-Them-All

Hope that helps.

Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 LastLast