We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55
Results 1,351 to 1,368 of 1368
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanshine View Post
    It is not limited to Fangorn, it just noticed it happening before i reached it , and has persisted since. I am questing in Snowbourn now and it is still the same , lvl 100 restricted items. And the area is Eaves of Fangorn , part of Entwash Vale, i have no idea if there is another Fangorn for higher levels.

In any case i know this is not a bug reporting thread(i cant create my own thread for some reason , i guess i just registered in the forums and it needs some time), so i don't want to spam it here. Hopefully SSG will check it out due to the bug report i created.

Are there in-game GMs btw? I can try to reach one .

And i just saw this post, which is exactly my experience , just mine is on lower levels :
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...72#post7939472

I guess its a bug . This is not something max level characters will have problems with , but it is creating a really bad experience when leveling.
    Ok, someone else is reporting a similar issue, so it looks like a game issue rather than a character issue. hopefully the other person has reported it; however if there are 2 of you, there will me more popping up!!!

out of interest, 64 bit client or 32 bit?

64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanshine View Post
    64 bit
    Hopefully this is a 64 bit glitch that will be fixed soon, as I never had any issues questing in those areas with the old 32 bit client

Ok just wanted to report that your suggestion worked. I activated autoloot and all the loot is fine now . Tested it by turning the loot bag on and off , and with the loot bag the problem returned , with autoloot everything is fine, the items are of the appropriate level. Thanks a lot !!!!!!

Talking Hide helm option...

Hi!

So new player here- or new ish been many years since last time.
    So I subscribed to be able to play on the legendary server, then I brought the high elf race- cause *love*.. he he!
    I started out with the 64- bit client (huuuge mistake) since it crashed in the intro 6 times in a row...
    Switched to the 32- bit- and yey worked!

So when I was done with the intro quests... I figured I wanted the option to “hide helm” on my character- nope... bugged.. I can click on that small “eye” 100 times and my helm is still there...
    Some of the items I can hide, and some I can’t...

Is it supposed to be like this? Or it it bugged?
    Any help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj View Post
    Hi!

So new player here- or new ish been many years since last time.
    So I subscribed to be able to play on the legendary server, then I brought the high elf race- cause *love*.. he he!
    I started out with the 64- bit client (huuuge mistake) since it crashed in the intro 6 times in a row...
    Switched to the 32- bit- and yey worked!

So when I was done with the intro quests... I figured I wanted the option to “hide helm” on my character- nope... bugged.. I can click on that small “eye” 100 times and my helm is still there...
    Some of the items I can hide, and some I can’t...

Is it supposed to be like this? Or it it bugged?
    Any help would be appreciated
    It must be a bug, normally it works and makes the item invisible.

Usually this bug goes the other way, it makes items invisible when you want to see them; the fix for that - which might work for you, it to remove the item and them re-fit it, it usually works correctly after that.

Ré all the crashes; if you have done so already, it might be worth searching out Hurins "One Guide" for new installs, and reinstalling everything on his list in case bits are damaged or missing.

PatchClientDDL

Anyone know how to fix this? I'm new to the game but I can't start playing it cause it always said that it failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    It must be a bug, normally it works and makes the item invisible.

Usually this bug goes the other way, it makes items invisible when you want to see them; the fix for that - which might work for you, it to remove the item and them re-fit it, it usually works correctly after that.

Ré all the crashes; if you have done so already, it might be worth searching out Hurins "One Guide" for new installs, and reinstalling everything on his list in case bits are damaged or missing.

Thank you! I will try this out... was a bit sad about the 64-bit client, obviously it looked quite better but seems hopeless with constant crashes - I will try out your tip though- thanks

Character exp points VS Legendary item exp points

Can someone tell me if having a VIP account activated makes any difference with receiving exp points by my character while having Legendary item active? What I mean is when I have a Legendary item exp active, my character receives approx. 30% exp less from finishing quests compared to situation where Legendary items exp is turned off. I'm asking, because I was told in-game that I should receive 100% despite having LI turned on or off.

Thanks a lot for any advice/response.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobPL View Post
    Can someone tell me if having a VIP account activated makes any difference with receiving exp points by my character while having Legendary item active? What I mean is when I have a Legendary item exp active, my character receives approx. 30% exp less from finishing quests compared to situation where Legendary items exp is turned off. I'm asking, because I was told in-game that I should receive 100% despite having LI turned on or off.

Thanks a lot for any advice/response.
    Your character XP should stay the same regardless of what your LIs are doing and VIP makes no difference either.

What changes is the amount of item XP you receive depending on how many LIs are actively receiving it. The more LIs you have slotted and actively gaining XP, the more item XP you receive. This is then spread evenly across your items. If you have more items slotted, each one receives less XP per kill etc. but the overall amount received is higher. The wiki page explains it:

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Leg...egendary_Items

Check the log next time and make sure you are reading correctly - “you received x amount of XP” and “you received x amount of item XP” are two different readings. Also test it on the same thing to be sure e.g. two identical on-level mobs.
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Keep in mind ZERO percent of quest xp is applied to the LI, You only get LI xp from quests if there is a very specific listing under rewards of LI xp.
    Footman Ryvick DonHuntstead 120 Guardian

Officer of Baruk Khazad

Arkenstone Server

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvick View Post
    Keep in mind ZERO percent of quest xp is applied to the LI, You only get LI xp from quests if there is a very specific listing under rewards of LI xp.
    Also not forgetting that weekends often have a XP/IXP boost in place - usually Friday evening till Monday 3am reset.

cosmetic issue... high elf

Hi,

Posted earlier here as well, about hiding/showing eqipment...

So I tried removing equipment from my character and into my bags, but the equipment still shows.

So I figured I`d try to create a new character, and every High Elf I make has the same issue

I cannot hide my helm or anything else, even if I get new equipment from quests etc, it wont show on my character- it still displays the same ones given by Elrond at the intro scenario to the high elfs..

Anyone else got this problem?

Is there any solution? should I try re installing?

It`s going to be a problem for me later on, to have the same appearance on my characters all the time... So I might as well figure out if it is a bug they will fix, or what to do with it..

Hi,

So I tried removing equipment from my character and into my bags, but the equipment still shows.

So I figured I`d try to create a new character, and every High Elf I make has the same issue

I cannot hide my helm or anything else, even if I get new equipment from quests etc, it wont show on my character- it still displays the same ones given by Elrond at the intro scenario to the high elfs..

It`s going to be a problem for me later on, to have the same appearance on my characters all the time... So I might as well figure out if it is a bug they will fix, or what to do with it..
    I would create a bug report and see what happens; is it just happening on High Elf? Do other races also have the same error?? If so, it might be worth creating a 2nd F2P account and see if the bug occurs there as well.

Hi,

You try the "cosmetic" tabs in the character panel? You open cosmetic tab one, put some cosmetics in the slots, use the small eye in each piece for to show up or hide each item individually and use the buttom below for to dress up this cosmetic set.

Check: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Out...g#Outfit_Panel

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    I would create a bug report and see what happens; is it just happening on High Elf? Do other races also have the same error?? If so, it might be worth creating a 2nd F2P account and see if the bug occurs there as well.
    It’s only the high elf race, none of the others..
    it’s happening on both 32 and 64 bit client..
    a GM asked me to write a bug report and I did.. but he also added that “they can’t promise it will be fixed”...
    kind of a bummer, especially money wise
    I have a member account though.. VIP, but I guess I can try a 2 account to check it..
    thanks for replying

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    You try the "cosmetic" tabs in the character panel? You open cosmetic tab one, put some cosmetics in the slots, use the small eye in each piece for to show up or hide each item individually and use the buttom below for to dress up this cosmetic set.

Check: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Out...g#Outfit_Panel

Sergio :-)
    Yeah I tried that multiple times I can click that small “eye” all I want, but the helm for instance is still on.. or other items..
    I tried removing all the items equipped even, and still the character has full armor on visually, but not actually equipped :/..

Yeah I tried that multiple times I can click that small “eye” all I want, but the helm for instance is still on.. or other items..
    I tried removing all the items equipped even, and still the character has full armor on visually, but not actually equipped :/..
    This is really bizarre.

I can't reproduce this with my high elf captain. When I have the window positioned beside my character and I click to close the eye on the helm, for example, then the helm immediately disappears on my character. I open the eye and it reappears. Now this is when I'm opening and closing the eyes for the specific equipment or cosmetic tab that I'm currently wearing. If my character is wearing Cosmetic 1 and I change eyes on the tab for Equipment or Cosmetic 2 or 3 then nothing happens to my character. I have to use the button at the bottom of the screen to "wear" the current tab before eye changes will take visual effect.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55