We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Welcome to LOTRO!

Plenty of people still playing, but a large percentage of them are at or near level cap (115) and are running around Mordor (after the Ring was destroyed). Of course the player population reached it'speak around 9-10 years ago (!). It's been steadier over the last several years with occasional drops as people get ticked off at changes in new content and occasional increases as oldtimers come back to see the new content. In other words, the pessimists think the game is half dead and the optimists find it half alive.

Of the three low level areas, The Shire and Ered Luin have noticably lower populations. If you take a stable ride from Michel Delving to Bree, you will find more players and a much greater range of levels as well. Bree is much more of a hub for players of all levels.

I'd suggest you keep playing the free content until level 25-30. You can pretty easily earn enough LOTRO Points (95) to buy that riding skill just from play. If you complete all the free content you will earn enough LP to purchase Evendim, which will take you up to level 40. (If you create another character you can earn all these LP again.)

Have fun!
    Thanks for the reply! It good to hear the game is still alive!! I'm for one, considering it Half-full.
    Also, thanks for the tip on the riding skill, that will definitely help in the future!

anyone know where i can get a horse? newish player here and someone told me bree but ive looked all around and cant find any mount vendors!

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhos View Post
    anyone know where i can get a horse? newish player here and someone told me bree but ive looked all around and cant find any mount vendors!
    First of all, you have to have Riding. If you are VIP, you can get Riding for free with a lvl 20 quest. If not, you will need to get it on the Lotro Store for 95 Lotro Points (though I think it might be on sale this week). Then look on your map of Breeland. North of Bree town, there is a small horse drawn on the map. That is basically where Hengstacer's Farm is located. You can get a basic horse there for 500 silver. Hope this helps! Oh, and WELCOME to Lotro

Quote Originally Posted by SharlaSedai View Post
    First of all, you have to have Riding. If you are VIP, you can get Riding for free with a lvl 20 quest. If not, you will need to get it on the Lotro Store for 95 Lotro Points (though I think it might be on sale this week). Then look on your map of Breeland. North of Bree town, there is a small horse drawn on the map. That is basically where Hengstacer's Farm is located. You can get a basic horse there for 500 silver. Hope this helps! Oh, and WELCOME to Lotro
    thanks! i am vip and found hengstacer farm

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhos View Post
    thanks! i am vip and found hengstacer farm
    Avoid the temptation to gallop everywhere, or you will find it a chore to complete the various slayer deeds in each area.

Unless you have to travel a long way, run, so you can target and kill mobs on your deed lists along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Avoid the temptation to gallop everywhere, or you will find it a chore to complete the various slayer deeds in each area.

Unless you have to travel a long way, run, so you can target and kill mobs on your deed lists along the way.
    duly noted only i must say there are far too many deeds for me to care about doing lol

i am just gonna work on the deeds i need for my specific virtues i think, a nice kinny taught me about virtues

Can't Post

Help! I can't post on the forum because it thinks I'm new but please see my account history and let me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Ananisapta View Post
    Help! I can't post on the forum because it thinks I'm new but please see my account history and let me in!
    This does seem to happen after a longish break...
    You may find that you automagically get regular access soon if you pop a personal message to Cordovan

Hi, I've had my account about 5-6 days, I was wondering when I could post outside of replying here? The forum account isn't new, I set it up the day of my account creation. Well, I mean, I guess I am new in regards of being a new player.
    Solaris, level 13 Rune-Keeper; Kinsman of Archangels, Explorer and player of Arkenstone.
    Adalir, level 31 Captain; Kinsman of Archangels, Armourer
    Shout-out to Sigewolf for taking me under wing and spreading awesome to the world.

An invalid threadid or forumid was specified.

Thanks for the privilege restoration!

Now I would like to unsubscribe from this thread but I can't find a way to do that. The e-mail link https://www.lotro.com/forums/subscri...afde78f7a790af gives the error "An invalid threadid or forumid was specified."

Oh neato, looks like I can post now.
    Solaris, level 13 Rune-Keeper; Kinsman of Archangels, Explorer and player of Arkenstone.
    Adalir, level 31 Captain; Kinsman of Archangels, Armourer
    Shout-out to Sigewolf for taking me under wing and spreading awesome to the world.

I started the game but lost control no idea what am I doing or where should I continue doing quests
    Im lvl 11 champion[human] currently in the hobbit buckerland or whatever there 15,16lvl animals here which hit me pretty hard I can still kill them one by one but takes too much time
    Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by AppropriateName View Post
    I started the game but lost control no idea what am I doing or where should I continue doing quests
    Im lvl 11 champion[human] currently in the hobbit buckerland or whatever there 15,16lvl animals here which hit me pretty hard I can still kill them one by one but takes too much time
    Any advice?
    Head back to Bree and then NE from Bree to Staddle or Combe. (You can also head west to Michel Delving in The Shire.) Might be fastest to just click your Milestone skill. If you haven't reset your milestone that might take you all the way back to Archet (level 6-7ish) or wherever you last set it, but you can check for gold rings to see quests you can take and look at the top of the quest dialog for the approximate level.

Basically, you want to get to an area with level 11 +/- 3 quests and critters.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Is there an RP "hub" of some sort on Landroval? Kinda like how Stormwind is the "center of RP" for Alliance Moonguard in WoW. I noticed Bree had one or two people, but was pretty much dead. Where's the best place to do walk-ups and RP with random people?

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Head back to Bree and then NE from Bree to Staddle or Combe. (You can also head west to Michel Delving in The Shire.) Might be fastest to just click your Milestone skill. If you haven't reset your milestone that might take you all the way back to Archet (level 6-7ish) or wherever you last set it, but you can check for gold rings to see quests you can take and look at the top of the quest dialog for the approximate level.

Basically, you want to get to an area with level 11 +/- 3 quests and critters.
    Thank you sir will try it .
    Btw Im way ahead in the campaign[saving the admir] so I will do some side/weak quests

Thank you in advance for answering my n00b question:

I will be purchasing the expansions/quests. I am playing with two other people.
    Will we be missing anything if I don't buy anything what-so-ever with real cash, before finishing the story/quests/levels?

Cheers!

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27