We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94
Results 2,326 to 2,329 of 2329
    Quote Originally Posted by denixius View Post
    Hi!

I would like to learn if there is a "remember me" option in the launcher. Because, personally, the login phase is really slow when we don't have this option. I appreciated if there is a chance to activate it from anywhere in the launcher.

Bests,

Unfortunately there is currently no option like that. The most you can get from the Options panel (click down triangle button at top of launcher and select options from menu) is:

Keep Launcher Open - One you start launcher it stays open until you close it yourself. Only saves the first few seconds of startup.

Load Launcher at Computer Startup - Opens launcher when you boot.

Pre-Cache Game Logic - Touches all the logic files for faster access when you do log in. Shaves off some more launch time.

64bit Client - ("NEW" means several years old) uses the 64 bit version for better memory utilization (and far far fewer crashes).

You can also pass options to the launcher from the shortcut by changing the Target to:

"C:\Games\The Lord of the Rings Online - Copy\LotroLauncher.exe" -skiprawdownload -nosplash -username uuuuuu -password pppppp

The -skiprawdownload option prevents it from trying to update the splash screens that display at various transitions. They're just marketing stuff and can take anywhere from 1 second to 1 minute to find and redownload.

There had recently been a "stay logged in for 8 hours" option on the main panel but this was causing severe problems for some people so has been removed until they can fix them. It helped a little more, but it can still take a while to get data loaded and logged in to a character.

Good luck!
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Ottor Guest
    Q: If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

(11 year player starting a new account - just waiting here on the doorstep)

Sorgesh1 Guest
    Hello,

So I recently came back to LOTRO and I'm starting again on a fresh account. I have a few questions.

1. So basically I am thinking about what professions should I choose on my character.

- Farming - is it profitable? Do people buy mats at low and high level? I would only sell materials as I don't want to be a cook.
    - Fishing - basically the same question, do people buy mats from this Hobby at low and high levels or is it a waste of time?
    - Forester - also the same question as above

2. At what level can I solo my first instances / raids to get some cool cosmetic items? And what instance that would be?

3. Is there a way to buy expansions seperately? The expansion trove is a bit expensive.

Thank you all for answers!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgesh1 View Post
    Hello,

So I recently came back to LOTRO and I'm starting again on a fresh account. I have a few questions.

1. So basically I am thinking about what professions should I choose on my character.

- Farming - is it profitable? Do people buy mats at low and high level? I would only sell materials as I don't want to be a cook.
    - Fishing - basically the same question, do people buy mats from this Hobby at low and high levels or is it a waste of time?
    - Forester - also the same question as above

2. At what level can I solo my first instances / raids to get some cool cosmetic items? And what instance that would be?

3. Is there a way to buy expansions seperately? The expansion trove is a bit expensive.

Thank you all for answers!
    Welcome back!

1. Making money - nope for all three. Anyone making cooked food generally does their own farming. Occasionally you'll see farmers giving away crops for free on the /trade channel. Farm products do sell on the AH but all I've ever seen were what appeared to be excess crops sold for just enough to recoup farming and AH fees. THe most lucrative farm product would be Ithilharn Shards which are a rare harvest from the top tier of farming. Also a slight market for some of the uncommon dye components (e.g. juicy strawberries). The few fish recipes are leftovers from Forochel and useless. Forester can sell wood to Woodworkers who want to level up without gathering but you'll make more money for the same amount of time by doing slayer deeds and selling all the trash.

2. Which cosmetics are cool to you? You can solo skirmishes starting at level 20 when you can start running them. You'll earn Marks which can buy all sorts of equipment and cosmetics in Skirmish camps. If you've been away for a very long time you may not know that there's now a wardrobe to store cosmetics and you can take ANY piece of equipment and put it in the wardrobe to create a cosmetic. Thus you can wear cosmetic heavy armor on a Loremaster. Weapons and shields can go in as well and most of these can be dyed in the wardrobe. So everything is potentially a cool cosmetic. Lots of festival cosmetics now, too. Also you will earn Figments of Splendor from various sources, especially festivals, and barter for more cosmetics from special vendors.

3. I believe you can still buy expansions individually via the in-game store but you must first purchase (or earn) LOTRO points since they are not a direct cash purchase. Note that many come in two forms - full expansion and expansion quest pack. The latter is cheaper but does NOT include the instances.

Hope that helps. Have fun!
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94