We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1275
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Probably going to have to prove it is really your account, and not someone trying to take over a disused account; multiple password reset fails often means the account has been locked.

Gather up evidence it is yours, Credit Card payments, account details etc, and be prepared for a long fight; especially with the chaos caused by the server move, and all the associated software bugs and hardware failures.
    Seeing as this is a few years ago, my only evidence is really emails with purchase verifications and such, I don't have any of those old credit cards so I wouldn't be able to provide the numbers. I only had Moria and maybe some 5-7k turbine points on the account, as well as a level 50-something champion and a 40-something Captain. So perhaps I'm better off simply starting over since I wouldn't be losing much? I'm looking to play on the Legacy server anyway since I don't want to buy all the expansions. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarit91 View Post
    Seeing as this is a few years ago, my only evidence is really emails with purchase verifications and such, I don't have any of those old credit cards so I wouldn't be able to provide the numbers. I only had Moria and maybe some 5-7k turbine points on the account, as well as a level 50-something champion and a 40-something Captain. So perhaps I'm better off simply starting over since I wouldn't be losing much? I'm looking to play on the Legacy server anyway since I don't want to buy all the expansions. What do you think?
    It's up to you really, I would at least give it a try, but if you are going onto the legendary servers, you WOULD be starting from scratch anyway, so not getting the account back wouldnt be a huge loss.

Email verifications is a start, and even if you dont have CC records to hand, your CC company may provide replacements.

It's up to you really, I would at least give it a try, but if you are going onto the legendary servers, you WOULD be starting from scratch anyway, so not getting the account back wouldnt be a huge loss.

Email verifications is a start, and even if you dont have CC records to hand, your CC company may provide replacements.
    Yeah, I'll start anew on the Legendary server on this account, and try to get my other account fixed so I can atleast play on the normal servers there. Thanks for your help bud!

its march 2019 should i play

so how popular is this game still? I played years and years ago and am not sure the game has many players anymore. how long are dungeon ques. how long are raid ques . like I want to know everything lol

Red face

Hello,

I'm Premium account, but I can't post elsewhere, so I post here.
    I'm looking for 2 places in Middle Earth, does somebody knows where I can find them ?

Place 1:

Place 2:

Thanks in advance :)

2nd one is in Great River, over in the brownlands.

1st one looks like one of the dailies from Moria, but the pictures appear to be early artists impressions, rather than actual screen shots for both sets, so I am not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgroz View Post
    Hello,

I'm Premium account, but I can't post elsewhere, so I post here.
    I'm looking for 2 places in Middle Earth, does somebody knows where I can find them ?
    The 1st one looks like it may be Minas Elendur, in Eregion - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Minas_Elend%C3%BAr - not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylion View Post
    so how popular is this game still? I played years and years ago and am not sure the game has many players anymore. how long are dungeon ques. how long are raid ques . like I want to know everything lol
    I'm new to the game, but it seems to me like there are plenty of people around. I don't know much about dungeon queues and such. I'm loving the scenery and enjoying the storyline and kinship I'm in, and the random musical performances we stumble across are fun too.

What's the difference?

I'm a returning player (played from 2012 to sometime in 2016). I've just returned and had lost all my characters (or just can't remember what server I had them on, which is totally possible), so I started a new one on Brandywine. But just out of curiosity, what's the difference between the regular servers and the legendary servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Eadalyn View Post
    I'm a returning player (played from 2012 to sometime in 2016). I've just returned and had lost all my characters (or just can't remember what server I had them on, which is totally possible), so I started a new one on Brandywine. But just out of curiosity, what's the difference between the regular servers and the legendary servers?
    Legendary are subscription only, and capped locked - they are just raising the cap to 60 and opening Moria today.

Other than that, I understand there is almost no difference - perhaps a raider would comment to any differences between the raids, but AFAIK, that is the only real difference.

Legendary are subscription only, and capped locked - they are just raising the cap to 60 and opening Moria today.

Other than that, I understand there is almost no difference - perhaps a raider would comment to any differences between the raids, but AFAIK, that is the only real difference.
    Gotcha. I never really raided much, occasionally did some larger PUGs, but I think I may have only done one or two raids in the whole time I originally played so I'm not overly worried about that. I'm really just a casual player, even more now that I've had my son, I play when he naps or whatever. :P

Thanks!!

Gotcha. I never really raided much, occasionally did some larger PUGs, but I think I may have only done one or two raids in the whole time I originally played so I'm not overly worried about that. I'm really just a casual player, even more now that I've had my son, I play when he naps or whatever. :P

Thanks!!
    if you enjoyed PUGs, or casual quests groups, you might find more people near your level on the legendary servers, and an avowed solo artist, I dont group often; and with small children it is something that is difficult to do, as you may get dragged away at any second.
    (ditto situations like now, when I have been playing during a quiet period at the family toy shop).

Thanks!!
    Welcome back!

Use the transfer wizard to locate your old characters without having to log into each world. If they are on a closed server, then you can transfer them for FREE to an open server in the same "area" (EU or NA) and not legendary.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cha...ransfer_Wizard
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    The 1st one looks like it may be Minas Elendur, in Eregion - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Minas_Elend%C3%BAr - not sure though.
    Thank you very much

Ent wives garden area, maybe?

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    Ent wives garden area, maybe?

Thats the one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Welcome back!

Use the transfer wizard to locate your old characters without having to log into each world. If they are on a closed server, then you can transfer them for FREE to an open server in the same "area" (EU or NA) and not legendary.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cha...ransfer_Wizard
    Thank you! I tried that. Sadly, there are no characters showing up on the transfer wizard, so I'm guessing I've lost them. Which stinks because I'd invested a lot of time in them and had several of them up over 100. :P

Thank you! I tried that. Sadly, there are no characters showing up on the transfer wizard, so I'm guessing I've lost them. Which stinks because I'd invested a lot of time in them and had several of them up over 100. :P
    Its weird because Turbine/SSG dont erase characters...

If you log in each ACTIVE world, character panel show you some character/s? Maybe your characters are in a non closed world...

Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

If you were not logged into the account those characters were on, the Transfer Button trick won't work. If you can not remember the old account information the characters are forever gone.
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 104 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Hello! Cannot post yet so I'll make use of this thread..
    I have an issue. The game was working fine until today, but when I logged, first when I opened launcher I had a Direct11X or something warning (iirc my machine was capable of running it...) I clicked "yes" and when I logged in, some of the settings (like key mapping) were reseted. After manually fixing them I found out that my plug-ins and skins were nowhere to be found... I installed them many times, repaired game data, nothing worked.
    I don't recall having this happening to me, and I must say... I am in no shape or form an expert in computer stuff so first of all sorry for the ignorance on the matter ???? but any help would be dearly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by HelenaNeiva View Post
    I have an issue. The game was working fine until today, but when I logged, first when I opened launcher I had a Direct11X or something warning (iirc my machine was capable of running it...) I clicked "yes" and when I logged in, some of the settings (like key mapping) were reseted. After manually fixing them I found out that my plug-ins and skins were nowhere to be found... I installed them many times, repaired game data, nothing worked.
    I don't recall having this happening to me, and I must say... I am in no shape or form an expert in computer stuff so first of all sorry for the ignorance on the matter ???? but any help would be dearly appreciated!
    Check the lotro install (C:\Program files (86)/Turbine) and lotro preference (C:\Users/your name), folders have write permission; on a semi regular basis someone finds these folders have decided they are write protected - especially under Windows 10

Alright then I'll check if those 2 files have permission later when I am able to. You have rekindled my hopes! Haha I will post an update, hopefully it will work.

Update: Unfortunetly it did not work. I belive that I did things right, or I hope so, but its still the same (with the plus that when I log in it says that my last loggin was 4/5 days ago, which is clearly not true).
    Last edited by HelenaNeiva; Mar 17 2019 at 09:50 AM.

Alright then I'll check if those 2 files have permission later when I am able to. You have rekindled my hopes! Haha I will post an update, hopefully it will work.
    Often, you will need to change permissions from "Administrator" to "Anyone" to get it to work, and select "Do this for all sub folders" or whatever the current wording may say.

This is one of the things that happens when your userpreferences.ini file gets damaged. So, make and keep a backup of it. If/when this happens again, open the backup with notepad or similar text editor program. Now open the damaged userpreferences.ini file. Select the text from your backup file, copy it over the text of the damaged one, then save the repaired one. Keymaps should not be affected when the userpreferences.ini file gets damaged, though. Keymaps are affected when you have it restore defaults. You can backup that keymap file, too. I make backup archives of the whole game from time to time; so I don't have to re-download all of that data. I just overwrite a damaged installation from the backup and go from there.

PS: No, you don't have to select the downloaded file date part. Just select everything else.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

the servers are broken in general?

i forgot my password and got it back about 42 min later which was odd. when i got it then i could log into the support website but not the games website. according to the website then my username didnt exist. created a new account with same username but my username already exists so i had to change my name.

changed into another name clicked accept and my connection to the servers crashed. i refreshed the page and i got back to same page where i had to give myself a username which people saw on forums. the one i wrote moments ago was apparently taken so i picked a new name and again the connection crashed but when i refreshed then my latest new name was saved and i could write on the forums.

boy we are off to a good start. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...roken_game.png cant download the game either
    Last edited by Biowulfaz; Mar 18 2019 at 05:11 PM.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51