We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kappachinoman View Post
    But the books are much better in comparison with the films I guess right?
    Definitely. Of course that's almost always true of books and films.

There are a lot of characters, events, and lore in the books which did not make it into the movies. All of them are in the game and I really enjoyed running into NPCs that I knew from the books and often finding them more fleshed out in the game.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kappachinoman View Post
    But the books are much better in comparison with the films I guess right?
    This is true of nearly all films made from books, the books contain so much material that the films can only skim the highlights.

Even with books that are written FROM the film, the majority add details that never made it onto the screen; the only such book I can think of that is WORSE than the film is "Morons From Outer Space"

Newest Noob!

Greetings!
    I am currently still downloading the game (at 74%!) and havent had the easiest time finding information on how to play. i played Everquest on and off for over 10 years, i did eq2, dabbled ever so shortly in WoW, and a lil more than that in Guildwars. i tend to be a solo player so prefer classes that can do that well. what are some suggestions i should take to heart? from the information i have been able to glean thus far i am thinking a elf rune keeper. thoughts for the newb? Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by maciahelijah View Post
    Greetings!
    I am currently still downloading the game (at 74%!) and havent had the easiest time finding information on how to play. i played Everquest on and off for over 10 years, i did eq2, dabbled ever so shortly in WoW, and a lil more than that in Guildwars. i tend to be a solo player so prefer classes that can do that well. what are some suggestions i should take to heart? from the information i have been able to glean thus far i am thinking a elf rune keeper. thoughts for the newb? Thank you in advance
    RK is a fun class to play, however keep in mind it's a Premium Class meaning it requires a purchase to unlock. You can purchase it from the store for LOTRO points, or you can get it by purchasing the Mines of Moria expansion (which will also unlock the Warden class and all of the Moria content). It's a great choice if you generally enjoy light armour caster-type classes, but tends to be a little squishy until you get your hands on a Legendary Weapon that reduces the cooldown of your Self-motivation skill (a powerful self healing ability). Lore-master is also a light armour caster class, but rather than pure damage output its focus lies more on crowd control and debuffing, which makes it slightly slower to quest with. As a LM you do get a pet though, which is neat and helps you survive more difficult pulls!

If you are looking for a class that is completely free and extremely solo friendly, go for the Hunter. They get a kit of travel skills with no cooldown that allow them to teleport themselves and their allies to pretty much every major location in Middle-earth, get a passive out of combat runspeed boost and they deal high damage from range, killing enemies quickly. Their blue line combines that with the ability to move freely while shooting and two powerful %-based self healing abilities that can also be used on the move, giving them high survivability and high damage in landscape situations. Champion also works for soloing, but is melee rather than ranged so a little slower to quest with (though it has strong AoE abilities to allow beating up many enemies at once!). It doesn't have the travel skills or run speed buff either. You could also consider Minstrel which is very powerful at the lower levels, especially when it comes to damage, but that evens out later on in the game, and level cap Minstrel damage is underwhelming to say the least. Then again Minstrel is primarily a healing class which isn't something you'll be doing a lot of if your focus is solo play.

Possibly the strongest class you can choose for soloing is the Warden, which combines strong damage output with powerful self healing and defensive buffs, but is the most complicated class in LOTRO to learn. It uses a system of Gambits where you chain three different builders (spear, shield and fist) in different orders to create different skills. It's a high effort, high reward-type of class. Takes some getting used to

The weaker classes for soloing are Captain and Beorning due to their lower damage output (though both are pretty survivable due to self healing potential); Burglar is powerful but its damage is focused on a single target only. It can use CC on additional targets when necessary, but will be slower to take them all down than other classes. Finally, Guardian recently got a major buff so its damage output is decent now, but it remains a more tanky and heads-on playstyle. Great if you enjoy running into the fray with a battlecry and beating up everything in your path!

Hope that helped!
    Earbold (Laurelin [EN-RP])
    Member of the Bandits raid alliance
    Original Challenger of Gothmog and the Abyss

Thank you!

This hunter class intrigues me, reading its description didnt seem like it was much, but your description makes it sound similar to the druid in everquest. never played that so this may be a good time for it. i am still leaning Elf, but does race play a large factor in the game?

Thank you!

This hunter class intrigues me, reading its description didnt seem like it was much, but your description makes it sound similar to the druid in everquest. never played that so this may be a good time for it. i am still leaning Elf, but does race play a large factor in the game?
    Not really, but there are some racial bonuses to various weapons. Elves get a bonus to both bow and sword, Humans get a bonus to swords, Hobbits to clubs, and Dwarves, of course, to axes. Other than that, just mouse over the racial buffs and debuffs shown to the side in Character Creation and read how they might affect your class. Humans get a buff to Might and a debuff to Will, so they are going to be better melee fighters (Guardians/Champs) and not as good of Loremasters; but you can honestly play any class on any race without too much difficulty. Welcome to Lotro; always good to see new players coming in!

Thank you!

The racial differences are trivial, as SharlaSedai indicated.

One of the best things about Hunter is all the movement benefits. Hunters acquire a lot of insta-ports to important locations in the world. This is a huge convenience in getting around the world. The ranged damage is excellent, and you can choose/swap between longer range & higher damage Red line or shorter range with shoot-on-the-move blue line. You get two configurations and can swap wheneveer not in combat (30 or 60 sec cooldown between swaps). Lots of flexibility that way.

Have fun!

Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

New Account

How long Does it take until you can begin creating threads in the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by OldToby75 View Post
    How long Does it take until you can begin creating threads in the forums?
    See the sticky at top of this forum:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Only-Post-Here

I signed at Forum after 1 year of playing lotro, and I can't post.

Problem with Fellowship's chat

I have a problem with Fellowship's chat.
    I read myself two times when I write on that chat. Both "you say" and "my name's says" are displayed. I don't know why but this thing is annoying.
    How can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by PatasdoLeao View Post
    I signed at Forum after 1 year of playing lotro, and I can't post.

As mentioned above, see this post. It should take a few days maybe a week. Why? read the suggested post.
    Last edited by Gandolf_TheOld; Jul 13 2018 at 12:14 PM.
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 95 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Quote Originally Posted by dew0 View Post
    I read myself two times when I write on that chat. Both "you say" and "my name's says" are displayed. I don't know why but this thing is annoying.
    How can I do?
    Really do not know how to fix this. Are you typing /tell YourCharcterName "the message"? If you are, then yes what you have seen would happen.
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 95 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    Really do not know how to fix this. Are you typing /tell YourCharcterName "the message"? If you are, then yes what you have seen would happen.
    No, we write on the fellowship's chat, but the "double messages" appears only to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dew0 View Post
    How can I do?
    Np. It's because the miss of details on that post, make me understand wrong. But I read and I will wait then.
    Tk

The problem solved itself. Thanks anyway

Hello everyone,
    i have played lotro the last time it was released and just stepped back in. It seems to have gone a fairly long way since then. But as i am not having any experience in the actual endgame, i would like some help, regarding the class choice:
    I currently broke it down to Warden or Ministrel, which i seem to enjoy quite much, for as far as i have played them. I'd like to either tank or heal and dont want to have any problems later in finding a group for dungeons etc. I further want to be as self sufficient as possible while leveling up, that means i'd love to do some "harder" quests alone without searching for ppl all the time. As for armor or looks i dont have any preferences, nor am i roleplaying. Any suggestions for me?

Thank you guys!

Earning gold lvl 52 - how?

Hi,

I am now at level 52 and have been playing a couple of months, but am still struggling to make much gold. Best thing I sold was a sturdy steel key for 40G but they are very rare drops. Anybody got any tips at all? I’m not about to buy a level boost or anything and I have run a bunch of dungeons with groups and solo, but the loot you get sells for peanuts to vendors and nobody buys it on AH. Legendary weapons are so common now that the AH is flooded with them and they are dirt cheap.

I am on Laurelin.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    Hi,

I am now at level 52 and have been playing a couple of months, but am still struggling to make much gold. Best thing I sold was a sturdy steel key for 40G but they are very rare drops. Anybody got any tips at all? I’m not about to buy a level boost or anything and I have run a bunch of dungeons with groups and solo, but the loot you get sells for peanuts to vendors and nobody buys it on AH. Legendary weapons are so common now that the AH is flooded with them and they are dirt cheap.

I am on Laurelin.

Thanks
    Dont throw away items that can be handed in for Rep, even if you dont need them, someone else will probably buy them at the AH; I made 30G off of Ripped Cloaks last week, ditto mats; there is nearly always someone who will pay for raw mats, rather than go collect them in person; I made 100's off of 500 Riddermark Ore a couple of weeks ago, and even more off of 500 Eorlingas Ore.

Armour and jewellery drops, unless they are Teal, are a waste, everyone seems to make their own, or will wait to buy Teal at the AH.

Of course, to collect these items, you actually have to travel between quests, and not port/use horse/goat. It has the added bonus that finishing the Kill Deeds for each area is much easier

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Dont throw away items that can be handed in for Rep, even if you dont need them, someone else will probably buy them at the AH; I made 30G off of Ripped Cloaks last week, ditto mats; there is nearly always someone who will pay for raw mats, rather than go collect them in person; I made 100's off of 500 Riddermark Ore a couple of weeks ago, and even more off of 500 Eorlingas Ore.

Armour and jewellery drops, unless they are Teal, are a waste, everyone seems to make their own, or will wait to buy Teal at the AH.

Of course, to collect these items, you actually have to travel between quests, and not port/use horse/goat. It has the added bonus that finishing the Kill Deeds for each area is much easier
    Thanks for the reply!

I am in Goblin Town ATM and it is a great place to farm Mathoms and Rivendell rep items, so I might start there.

Any other suggestions would be most welcome!

Any hints on my question?

Quote Originally Posted by Gratiskatze View Post
    Hello everyone,
    i have played lotro the last time it was released and just stepped back in. It seems to have gone a fairly long way since then. But as i am not having any experience in the actual endgame, i would like some help, regarding the class choice:
    I currently broke it down to Warden or Ministrel, which i seem to enjoy quite much, for as far as i have played them. I'd like to either tank or heal and dont want to have any problems later in finding a group for dungeons etc. I further want to be as self sufficient as possible while leveling up, that means i'd love to do some "harder" quests alone without searching for ppl all the time. As for armor or looks i dont have any preferences, nor am i roleplaying. Any suggestions for me?

Thank you guys!
    Hi,

I have a hobbit minstrel and he is loads of fun - there is just something really cool about watching enemies collapse to your guitar (sorry lute) riffs and screams. Feels really OP for soloing at lower levels as you can one or two shot most standard bad guys but I have heard it gets tougher later in the game when soloing with a minstrel.

As for the warden, I am not sure as I haven’t played the class, but the guardian is your typical “tank” class and has no problem soloing content, especially with the right gear. I like the dwarf for this class as wearing the heaviest armour and carrying the biggest shield just seems to fit, but any race can do this job fine.

LOTRO shop error?

Hey peepz, glad i found this topic, cuz i was kinda worried about not being able to post.
    So, i recently started playing lotro and i have really enjoyed it so far. I play on Crickhollow and Evernight, and i a while ago i purchased the ride skill on Crickhollow. After saving some more LOTROpoints,
    i was able to buy it on Evernight as well. When i finally earned the last few points by killing something, i immediately went to the lotroshop and bought the skill. The purchase was succesful, but i received a
    'You cannot do that in combat' message in the chat. When i checked my skills later the skill wasnt there, but the LOTRO points are gone. I checked everything but i somehow didn't get it. Is this a known bug, and can it be fixed?
    Or is there any way in which i can still get the skill back? In case it is needed, i received a confirmation email about the purchase to prove that i did buy it.

World: Evernight
    Player: Frolinn (lvl 19 guardian dwarf)
    Date of purchase: 14.07.2018 13:22 (GMT -05:00)

I hope i can get some feedback on this, because it would suck if i had to get all the points again :/
    Last edited by Hargorinn; Jul 14 2018 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hargorinn View Post
    Hey peepz, glad i found this topic, cuz i was kinda worried about not being able to post.
    So, i recently started playing lotro and i have really enjoyed it so far. I play on Crickhollow and Evernight, and i a while ago i purchased the ride skill on Crickhollow. After saving some more LOTROpoints,
    i was able to buy it on Evernight as well. When i finally earned the last few points by killing something, i immediately went to the lotroshop and bought the skill. The purchase was succesful, but i received a
    'You cannot do that in combat' message in the chat. When i checked my skills later the skill wasnt there, but the LOTRO points are gone. I checked everything but i somehow didn't get it. Is this a known bug, and can it be fixed?
    Or is there any way in which i can still get the skill back? In case it is needed, i received a confirmation email about the purchase to prove that i did buy it.

I hope i can get some feedback on this, because it would suck if i had to get all the points again :/
    First thing, dont give your account name in forum.

Second thing, ride skill is a by character purchase, Frolinn is your only character in Evernight? Maybe you was playing another character at the time of purchase?

Sergio :-)

BTW, welcome to Middle-Earth!
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Hargorinn View Post

Okay, so i am an idiot, and i just found the item in my inventory which gave me the skill. Cant find a way to remove the question, so i hope this will do.

Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast