We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1029
  1. #1001
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwizarcoo View Post
    Returning player wondering what is the best server to play at to adventure in a group I'm not looking to solo very much and yes be able to raid in the future as well I'll be starting from Lev 1 currently I' have premium status and the mines of moria till I get settled in I have an active sub in everquest and most of the time I'm soloing is boring I do not want to go back to Wow Lotro is a game I have not played much so I'm giving it a go thanks.
    It depends either what part of the world you are from or what times you like to play. Worlds are basically split between US and EU. You can join any world but can only transfer between a US to US or EU to EU server. So if you are based EU but your preffered playtime isn't core hours for these worlds, then you could choose a US server to have more folks about when you play.

    Careful though as 3 of the EU worlds are not wholly English speaking... although most of the DE players have a greater grasp on the English language than natural speakers

    Here is a crude list.

    [US]Arkenstone(Unofficial Oceanic)
    [EU]Evernight
    [EU]Laurelin [Global-RP]
    [US]Brandywine
    [US]Crickhollow
    [US]Gladden
    [EU]Belegaer[DE-RP]
    [EU]Sirannon[FR]
    [US]Landroval[EN-RE]
    [EU]Gwaihir[DE]


    Beyond that it is play style. If English speaking and you want to role play your character... then Laurelin - you can play Laurelin without role play but there are certain rules to follow......and if not then Evernight.
    US role play server without the stricter rules is Landroval. Perhaps others will comment on the state of the busier US servers.
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

  2. #1002

    ahh thanks very much i need to explain myself better

    i'm in the usa central time i work nights so my hours vary i play in the afternoon sometimes on days off towards the evening im looking to play in a us server with a healthy population role play is great but im more interested in socializing i dont want to play a mmorpg solo there is no point on that.ill check the rules on the rp servers lot of people have recommended landroval but brandywine,tough choice ill look up on the rules tks very much.

  3. #1003
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    240
    I think lower levels are going to be fairly lonely regardless. I am on Crickhollow and I see a fair bit of activity on low/mid levels (folks in 30s calling out to do Garth Agarwen, those in 60s doing Moria). High level areas (Mordor, North kingdoms) are quite bustling. The other day I had some business in Bree and main square was packed with people hanging out with a band going and stuff. Also rode past festival grounds, was busy there too and a Hobnanigans game was in progress. Definitely lively.

  4. #1004
    The best thing for you to do is to find a good Kinship. There are several who keep lower lvl alts so they can play with lower members of the Kin. I know there are some good ones on Landy; don't know much about Crickhollow at all. Might want to go onto the server tabs here on the forums, most of them have a list of the Kinships on that server with a little bit of info about them. Welcome to Lotro!

  5. #1005
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    5,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwizarcoo View Post
    Returning player wondering what is the best server to play at to adventure in a group I'm not looking to solo very much and yes be able to raid in the future as well I'll be starting from Lev 1 currently I' have premium status and the mines of moria till I get settled in I have an active sub in everquest and most of the time I'm soloing is boring I do not want to go back to Wow Lotro is a game I have not played much so I'm giving it a go thanks.
    Any server, but you will likely need to put together your own group.


    Whichever server is currently recommended for new players will have the greatest chance of low level characters wanting to group up and check out the low level group content. You can get an idea by creating a character on one or two likely servers and watching the /LFF chat for grouping messages. (Nobody uses the instance finder for this.) Unfortunately it will take a while before you can use /lff because of the anti-gold-spammer restrictions that had to be implemented.

    I mainly play on Arkenstone, which has a large population of veteran players. Many of the low levels I see on Ark. are just alts solo levelling as fast as they can.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

  6. #1006
    Hello guys, I'm sure you answered this many times but I'll ask again VIP membership worth it?

    I just started to Lotro, have 21 Minstrel and subscribed to VIP but should I continue to pay it? What are the main benefits for a new player? I'm asking this because in my country USD prices doubled after political crisis with USA. So if VIP isn't really necessary, I want to invest my money to expansions and I'll farm deeds for Lotro points but firstly I want to experience whole game without grinding.

    Lastly, will be there any possible store sales in the near future? Should I wait bit more to buy quad pack and other expansions?

    Thank you and sorry for my English.

  7. #1007
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Zozik View Post
    Hello guys, I'm sure you answered this many times but I'll ask again VIP membership worth it?

    I just started to Lotro, have 21 Minstrel and subscribed to VIP but should I continue to pay it? What are the main benefits for a new player? I'm asking this because in my country USD prices doubled after political crisis with USA. So if VIP isn't really necessary, I want to invest my money to expansions and I'll farm deeds for Lotro points but firstly I want to experience whole game without grinding.

    Lastly, will be there any possible store sales in the near future? Should I wait bit more to buy quad pack and other expansions?

    Thank you and sorry for my English.
    As you finish the starter areas, and understand the game a little better, it is very cost effective to go VIP for ONE month; the goodies you get mostly stay unlocked after the VIP status has expired, and they are unlocked for every character you have on that account. This is when most of us start a raft of new alts, so as to get them the same VIP unlocked wallet, virtues, AH slots etc.

    Welcome to the game.

  8. #1008
    just checking if i can comment on the forums now, no real question but how is everyone?

  9. #1009

    Eye color options for Gondor

    Hello, I was hoping to find out why is it we cannot create a Gondor background character with brown eyes? I really wanted to customize my character with my own physical features and absolutely love Gondor. In the future would something like this be altered by a patch? Would developers bother with this sort of thing?
    Thank you

  10. #1010
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Marques0311 View Post
    Hello, I was hoping to find out why is it we cannot create a Gondor background character with brown eyes? I really wanted to customize my character with my own physical features and absolutely love Gondor. In the future would something like this be altered by a patch? Would developers bother with this sort of thing?
    Thank you
    It is because of the LotR lore. Gondorians are peoples who are descended from peoples that had green/grey/blue eyes, if I am remembering correctly.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  11. #1011

    Servers

    Good day,
    I did read about world transfers and understood it. I started playing in Gwaihir, German speaking world. I didn't understand DE is about that. I can't speak German, so it's pretty lousy for me to play there.
    I do not have enough LOTRO points to transfer to an EN speaking world.
    Any advice or possibility of assistance?

  12. #1012
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    5,810
    Quote Originally Posted by DabesNS View Post
    Good day,
    I did read about world transfers and understood it. I started playing in Gwaihir, German speaking world. I didn't understand DE is about that. I can't speak German, so it's pretty lousy for me to play there.
    I do not have enough LOTRO points to transfer to an EN speaking world.
    Any advice or possibility of assistance?
    Unfortunately the only options you have for your character are Transfer or Start Over.

    Note that you can transfer "stuff" from Gwaihir to another "EU" server (Evernight or Laurelin are the English speaking ones) for FREE. Thus you could create a new character on either of those servers and play to the point where you can get to a Vaultmaster. Then you can log into Gwaihir and fill up your shared vault with things you want to transfer and move them over to the new character.

    Items that are Bound to Account can be transferred. Items that are Bound to <character name> can't be used or sold after a transfer, so leave them out of the vault. You can purchase bags of coins from the Vaultmaster and put them into shared vault in order to transfer gold. If you have a wardrobe its contents will transfer. Same with shared wallet items like Mithril Coins.

    You still have the work of levelling again, but that will be easier with your old stuff. Also, you can still log into your old Gwaihir char. and pick up a silver hobbit present each day. If you get something useful it can be put in the vault and transferred.

    Good luck.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

  13. #1013

    Can't figure out how to make a new post

    Hi all,

    I'm a returning VIP player and have a few questions I would like to ask the community.

    Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to post a new thread.

    I've looked everywhere as to why this is and can't find anything. I was hoping someone could shed some light as to how I can get this ability.

    Thanks very much,

    Crownhelm

  14. #1014
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Crownhelm View Post
    Hi all,

    I'm a returning VIP player and have a few questions I would like to ask the community.

    Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to post a new thread.

    I've looked everywhere as to why this is and can't find anything. I was hoping someone could shed some light as to how I can get this ability.

    Thanks very much,

    Crownhelm
    Here you go: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?645326-Why-Can-I-Only-Post-Here. Due to a very persistent spammer, and other issues, accounts considered new start out on probation, as it were. Post your questions in this thread. Ask the community manager, in a private message, after some time has passed and you have not gotten broader permissions automatically, about the permissions and then check later.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  15. #1015
    Hi!

    Trying to select a class and have some odd questions.

    1. Are Lore-Masters capable of healing 3/6 man instances?
    2. What is the state of LM DPS compared to other classes? Can a LM do 70% of the single target DPS of a Hunter, for example?
    3. Same question for red Minstrels -- how far behind main DPS classes is a Minstrel fully geared/traited for DPS?
    4. How does Minstrel DPS compared to LM DPS?
    5. Weird specific question . . . how much does Beacon of Hope (LM) tick for in end-game gear and how much does the AoE portion of Bolster Courage hit for? Just to get a rough idea.

    Basically, I like playing healers that can DPS (not necessarily at the same time.) I want to be able to heal but also have the option to switch to DPS when I want to.

    Thanks!

  16. #1016
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggenah View Post
    Hi!

    Trying to select a class and have some odd questions.

    1. Are Lore-Masters capable of healing 3/6 man instances?
    2. What is the state of LM DPS compared to other classes? Can a LM do 70% of the single target DPS of a Hunter, for example?
    3. Same question for red Minstrels -- how far behind main DPS classes is a Minstrel fully geared/traited for DPS?
    4. How does Minstrel DPS compared to LM DPS?

    Basically, I like playing healers that can DPS (not necessarily at the same time.) I want to be able to heal but also have the option to switch to DPS when I want to.

    Thanks!
    1. For some 3 man instances, the answer is yes. For 6 man instances, I doubt it, other than being a secondary healer.
    2. I don't know nor care. My main job as a LM, particularly in the larger instances, is support via crowd control and/or debuffing.
    3. Minstrel DPS in War-speech is pretty good, but most groups will expect you to heal.
    4. Minstrel DPS > LM DPS, when comparing War-speech to Master of Nature's Fury, I think. LM dps is very much 'burst' damage, with rather longish cooldowns.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  17. #1017
    Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    Minstrel DPS > LM DPS, when comparing War-speech to Master of Nature's Fury
    Kind of surprised by this. I had thought of LM as the "mage" of LOTRO.

    What is the current state of Rune-keepers? I have low level Minstrel and RK (both around 40.) The Minstrel's Bolster Courage heals for ~1000 (plus the AE component) while the RK's HoT's tick for between 20-100. Am I doing something wrong or has RK not been balanced yet? I see Minstrel was buffed in 22.2 but I don't see any update to RK's since Mordor.

    Also, do Minstrels get tools to increase their power at later levels? I notice on a training dummy if I do a full DPS rotation in red spec I run out of power pretty fast.
    Last edited by Meshuggenah; Sep 14 2018 at 07:20 AM.

  18. #1018
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggenah View Post
    Kind of surprised by this. I had thought of LM as the "mage" of LOTRO.

    What is the current state of Rune-keepers? I have low level Minstrel and RK (both around 40.) The Minstrel's Bolster Courage heals for ~1000 (plus the AE component) while the RK's HoT's tick for between 20-100. Am I doing something wrong or has RK not been balanced yet? I see Minstrel was buffed in 22.2 but I don't see any update to RK's since Mordor.

    Also, do Minstrels get tools to increase their power at later levels? I notice on a training dummy if I do a full DPS rotation in red spec I run out of power pretty fast.
    Rune-keepers have not had their balance pass yet. Minstrels are the primary healing class. RKs can heal, indeed, and I built mine to be a healer; but they're not as strong as the minstrel. As I said, LMs are middle of the pack dps-wise, and their big hitters are burst damage with longish cooldowns. Top dps classes are hunters and champions. Red line guardians got a boost recently. Hmm, I've not noticed power problems on mine; but mine is at cap. All will classes get a larger power pool, compared to the others. The power pool will increase as you gain levels. It will also increase with increased will. Once you get legendary items, you can get power cost reduction legacies that help.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  19. #1019
    I see.

    One last thing, is there an up-to-date resource somewhere that tells you which quests are important to do on each class, which deeds to complete, etc? The volume of available quests in this game is a bit overwhelming and I don't want to spend all the time running around doing low level side-quests that aren't necessary.

    Will I miss out on anything if I grind or do whatever quests I run into along the epic story and then go back later and to do deeds? I don't want to disadvantage my character at end-game by missing important stuff.

    Thanks for the help again!

  20. #1020
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,247
    All quests are applicable to all players, except for those quests that are class specific and there are few of those; most are not even available to other classes. Now that being said most quests can be skipped, though mobs you may run into will have to be made up later (many apply to Slayer Deeds which apply to your virtues). Additionally, many quests lead to other quests and are counted in Quest completion deeds for a particular zone. This is by no means complete.

    The site LOTRO-Wiki.com is the best all around source, though much of the information has changed over the years.

    Another good source of help and information is your class forum on this site.

    For questions, information and different UIs and plugins see LoTROInterface.com

    When you have questions about Lua stop by these forums on this site or ask here or in the general discussion forum when you have posting rights.
    Ujest - 115 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 95 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

  21. #1021
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggenah View Post
    I see.

    One last thing, is there an up-to-date resource somewhere that tells you which quests are important to do on each class, which deeds to complete, etc? The volume of available quests in this game is a bit overwhelming and I don't want to spend all the time running around doing low level side-quests that aren't necessary.

    Will I miss out on anything if I grind or do whatever quests I run into along the epic story and then go back later and to do deeds? I don't want to disadvantage my character at end-game by missing important stuff.

    Thanks for the help again!
    Unless you want to go raiding at end game, it is OK to miss the odd quest/ quest chain; I have missed whole areas with several of my alts.

    The LOTRO Wiki has details on what the rewards are for all the quests and deeds; at least up until Mordor; but as you say, there are so many to wade through.

    Most quests/slayer deeds can be done when grey'ed out, although you dont earn any XP, and I dont think it works for skill deeds where you have to use a skill x number of times. I have a Hunter at L108 who still has plenty of those uncompleted; it is the reason you often see high cap players sat in places like Bree spamming a skill over and over for ages.

  22. #1022
    LM DPS output directly links to the pet you are currently using as well. For example, you will do less DPS when you have your bear out tanking than you do when you have your Lynx or Bog Guardian helping you with DPS.

  23. #1023
    Quote Originally Posted by SharlaSedai View Post
    LM DPS output directly links to the pet you are currently using as well. For example, you will do less DPS when you have your bear out tanking than you do when you have your Lynx or Bog Guardian helping you with DPS.
    That's intersting. What % (roughly) of a LM's total DPS is done by the highest DPS pet?

    I feel like RK would be a good fit for me but after reading a bit more it seems like both their red and blue lines are broken right now.

    Also saw that SSG is bringing out new content and increasing the level cap? I don't understand why a developer would keep adding content when fundamental stuff like bugs and class imbalance hasn't been fixed in over a year. Fix your foundations first before you keep building!

  24. #1024
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggenah View Post
    That's intersting. What % (roughly) of a LM's total DPS is done by the highest DPS pet?

    I feel like RK would be a good fit for me but after reading a bit more it seems like both their red and blue lines are broken right now.

    Also saw that SSG is bringing out new content and increasing the level cap? I don't understand why a developer would keep adding content when fundamental stuff like bugs and class imbalance hasn't been fixed in over a year. Fix your foundations first before you keep building!
    If you dont like dying, the LM is perfect; you can send your pet to grab agro, then leg it. if you havent gone far enough to stop them chasing you, just spawn another pet, send it to agro again, and continue the "tactical withdrawal".

  25. #1025
    Hello! Hoping for advice/feedback on a character concept I like things to be lore-friendly but also need to know if they are too over-the-top so to speak.

    I'm quite liking the idea of roleplaying a seer, seems a nice way of being a "not-wizard" character without making the canon collapse in on itself. I'm toying with the concept of having him claim descent from Malbeth the Seer but without knowing the sensibilities around here I worry that might be too close to an established character so to speak? Another possibility that I liked was to claim descent from Glirhuin, a singer and seer from the first age but I'm not sure if Men lineages are even traced back that far.

    I'm still working out wether to have him as a genuine seer or more of a light-hearted charlatan, maybe somewhere in-between?

 

 
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload