We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88
Results 2,176 to 2,186 of 2186
  1. #2176

    Need some cool people to help out and show me the ropes in Fellowship Quests

    Hello everyone!

    Just registered, but I've been playing LOTRO exclusively for the last few months and I friggin' LOVE IT.

    Sadly I am quite the noob when it comes to group content. I want to learn the ins and outs, the do's and don'ts, and hopefully have some good times with some cool folks.

    My server is Arkenstone, and I have a level 58 DPS Hunter. If anyone is down for some questing let me know. Specifically the quest "Set The Trap" in Moria is my current group quest I'd like to tackle.

  2. #2177
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Krakow
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by Lah_Tlar View Post
    been away for many years, was a lifetime vip from beta. Now I can't remember my username/password. Any suggestiond
    Welcome back!

    You will need to work with the support to verify it's your account. Any extra info that you can give them will help - email address you used to sign up, old emails from LOTRO, purchase confirmations etc.

    Gather what you can and contact support here -> https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

  3. #2178
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by xX_LaZeR0tH_Xx View Post
    Hello everyone!

    Just registered, but I've been playing LOTRO exclusively for the last few months and I friggin' LOVE IT.

    Sadly I am quite the noob when it comes to group content. I want to learn the ins and outs, the do's and don'ts, and hopefully have some good times with some cool folks.

    My server is Arkenstone, and I have a level 58 DPS Hunter. If anyone is down for some questing let me know. Specifically the quest "Set The Trap" in Moria is my current group quest I'd like to tackle.
    Welcome! So glad you're enjoying it!

    There are a few approaches you can take- if you're not familiar with it yet, try searching through the Instance Finder- you'll see open groups looking to run specific instances. If you're lucky, someone might be doing your quest. You can also start your own open fellowship through the Instance Finder for the quest you want to do, and wait for people to join.

    If you want to run instances and raids often, consider looking for a Kinship that focuses on group content. A lot will be end-game raids, but there are kinships with people who love doing instances together- you might find a great fit.

    You can also use the LFF channel in chat- but I've never used it so I don't know how effective that would be. In combination with the instance finder you can probably advertise what you're looking for.

  4. #2179
    Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    Welcome! So glad you're enjoying it!

    There are a few approaches you can take- if you're not familiar with it yet, try searching through the Instance Finder- you'll see open groups looking to run specific instances. If you're lucky, someone might be doing your quest. You can also start your own open fellowship through the Instance Finder for the quest you want to do, and wait for people to join.

    If you want to run instances and raids often, consider looking for a Kinship that focuses on group content. A lot will be end-game raids, but there are kinships with people who love doing instances together- you might find a great fit.

    You can also use the LFF channel in chat- but I've never used it so I don't know how effective that would be. In combination with the instance finder you can probably advertise what you're looking for.
    Hey buddy, thanks for the tips there!

    I will take a look and get familiar with the Instance Finder and look into joining a kinship.

    Only way to learn it is to get out of my shell and start socializing. Hard for me to do since I'm a quiet person but I'm determined so it will happen lol.

  5. #2180

    How do you post a question?

    Quote Originally Posted by ingo2 View Post
    Welcome to Lord of the Rings Online.

    If you just created your forum account and cannot yet start a new thread in order to ask a question, you can ask it in this thread.
    I can't figure out how to ask a question in the forum.

  6. #2181
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    6,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodlink54 View Post
    I can't figure out how to ask a question in the forum.
    If you have full posting permission then you can go to the desired forum and click the "Post New Thread" button near the top left.

    If you can't do that then you don't have full permission yet, so just ask your question here in this thread.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

  7. #2182
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by xX_LaZeR0tH_Xx View Post
    Only way to learn it is to get out of my shell and start socializing. Hard for me to do since I'm a quiet person but I'm determined so it will happen lol.
    This matches a lot of us! I'm sure you'll find a kin that fits you.

  8. #2183

    Question Book 2 Chapter 10: Forgotten Lineage - Equipping Item

    Noob here! Just in the midst of the Forgotten Lineage quest, and I s2g, I cannot figure out how to equip the item. I got the forge-master to id it, and then I closed that box, and went to try to find the item. I can't find it in my inventory. / I'm afraid I may have accidentally gotten rid of it in an inventory purge.

    Help?

  9. #2184

    posting

    So how long does it take before you are able to post on the forums ? it's not very new-player friendly...

  10. #2185
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Krakow
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by Garraty View Post
    So how long does it take before you are able to post on the forums ? it's not very new-player friendly...
    We don't know exactly how long new/inactive accounts have to wait before being granted full posting privileges. Keep checking and if nothing changes after a week or so, PM Cordovan.

    Here's the sticky note:
    "When new accounts are created, there are certain restrictions placed on their ability to post to prevent spam and other moderation-related concerns, including harassment and "troll account" creation. If you ever run into an issue where you believe you should be able to post and cannot, please get in touch with Cordovan through the forum Private Messaging system.
    Typically, new accounts should be able to post wherever they would like within a few days to a week."
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

  11. #2186
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    6,324
    Quote Originally Posted by legend4time View Post
    Noob here! Just in the midst of the Forgotten Lineage quest, and I s2g, I cannot figure out how to equip the item. I got the forge-master to id it, and then I closed that box, and went to try to find the item. I can't find it in my inventory. / I'm afraid I may have accidentally gotten rid of it in an inventory purge.

    Help?
    You may have already equipped it. If you right click a legendary item that's been identified then it will auto-equip just like a normal item and it will also auto-slot itself on your legendary item panel. You won't see it in inventory any more because it's now equipped. Check your character panel and see if it's there.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

 

 
Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload