We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xeontranq View Post
    Been on a long break, but Mordor brought me back. First time posting here.
    Wanted to get back into the game, and complete missing bits, like getting Helm's Deep. That's when I noticed this:
    http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...oryID.58516200

I can add that to cart, and pay for it.
    Yet according to that, I should get the Steed of the Hammerhand. I want to ensure that's indeed the case, because if it isn't, that kind of looks like false advertising.
    That's the preorder version. Long gone. Not sure how you got to that page. This is the current Base Edition priced in GBP, no steed:

https://store.standingstonegames.com...oryID.58516200
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Thanks for responding, and clarifying. Well, that page needs to be removed, or at the very least prevented from going on to the order form, as it gives the impression of availability. And I found the page as I googled 'Hammerhand', 'Helm's Deep' and 'LOTRO' to see what the pack contains.

I actually went through all the purchase steps right up to Paypal login just to check - no issues. Wonder what would I get if I paid for this item.
    High time turbine related pages should be changed/taken down as they provide outdated info.

Well, if that mount still works, I wouldn't say no to that

I submitted a bug for this. We'll see what happens.

Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Cosmetic Staff??

Can't post yet, new player.

Anyone have this staff??
    http://i50.tinypic.com/345ctah.png

Its named

Gleaming staff of fate,
    dwarf made staff
    swift staff of extermination
    + many others.

I've tried grinding this while deeding and still no luck.

Anyone willing to share information on how to get them aside from AH?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Ashenvale; Feb 21 2018 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenvale View Post

Anyone have this staff??

Its named

Gleaming staff of fate,
    dwarf made staff
    + many others.

Thank you.
    here is a link to the Lotro wiki page. it lists just about every available staff and many links have pictures so you can get an idea what they look like and how to go about getting them.
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Category:Staff_Items

Anyone have this staff??

Its named

Gleaming staff of fate,
    dwarf made staff
    + many others.

Thank you
    What server are you on? I have the Swift Staff of Extermination on my main on Gladden, but I can transfer it to most of the US servers via shared storage. I would be willing to let you borrow it to put in your Wardrobe for cosmetic reasons, but I would want it back.

Quote Originally Posted by SharlaSedai View Post
    What server are you on? I have the Swift Staff of Extermination on my main on Gladden, but I can transfer it to most of the US servers via shared storage. I would be willing to let you borrow it to put in your Wardrobe for cosmetic reasons, but I would want it back.
    Ditto but on Landroval - same skin anyway

I'm in Landroval. How will this commence?

I'm in Landroval. How will this commence?
    Let me know your character's name. I will send it to you; you put in your wardrobe (I'm sure you know this, but don't equip it, please), and send it back to the toon who sent it to you. Glad I can help. Cheers!

Let me know your character's name. I will send it to you; you put in your wardrobe (I'm sure you know this, but don't equip it, please), and send it back to the toon who sent it to you. Glad I can help. Cheers!
    Character's name is Maiave, let me know when its up, so I can return it right away.

Thanks so much. </3
    Last edited by Ashenvale; Feb 23 2018 at 04:09 AM.

Character's name is Maiave, let me know when its up, so I can return it right away.

Thanks so much. </3
    Sent it to you today; my character's name is Cremella. It was no problem at all.

Sent it to you today; my character's name is Cremella. It was no problem at all.
    Thank you! I'll send it back as soon as I get it and put in wardrobe.

When are you able to create threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Aharx View Post
    When are you able to create threads?
    When the mods decide you are a genuine player and not someone about to spam the forums with Magic love potion adverts (it happens far too often).

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    When the mods decide you are a genuine player and not someone about to spam the forums with Magic love potion adverts (it happens far too often).
    That seems fair. This is my original account so I just re-opened it... I assumed I was a legit person and not a robot or anything. But I digress. I'll let things go along the normal channels and see how it goes!

Thank you, Yarbro.

PS: I just realized I replied to your response with my second account I just re-opened. Ha ha.
    "In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit."
    Elrendoes - 106 Warden // Elrendos - 76 Hunter // Elrendose - 69 Minstrel
    <- Goblin's For Hire ->
    Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Elrendos View Post
    That seems fair. This is my original account so I just re-opened it... I assumed I was a legit person and not a robot or anything. But I digress. I'll let things go along the normal channels and see how it goes!

Thank you, Yarbro.

PS: I just realized I replied to your response with my second account I just re-opened. Ha ha.
    Any account that has been inactive for a long time gets reset as "New" in case someone has managed to hack it. There was a big hack a few years back, and absent players wouldnt have known to reset their passwords etc.

One shotted while standing in Grams

Dear readers and players,

Today I got one shotted, while I was taking the quest from the Slug-guy, in front of Grams. (for Monster Players)
    Never been killed that way, on that spot.
    Anyways, below is a copy+paste from my combat log and I would say to fix the range, so that Hunters or Ranged Classes can't get to that spot, it would mean they can fight with the One-Shotters (The Krahjarn Felarrows).
    I know in the past there was a bug or whatever to get access to the Monster Players Camp inside Grams, by the Free Peoples.
    It was considered an exploit and could get you banned.
    I don't' know why some people play on the brink of the edge of what's okay. Why would you risk it, to just kill a low-ranked Monster Player? I really don't get it and it shouldn't be any person's gameplay to play an MMO like that.
    We all like to have fun and play this wonderfull game, but this is just silly.

"Headshotman scored a critical hit with Improved Merciful Shot on (insert Monster Player's name) for 112,805 Beleriand damage to Morale."

Hopefully you'll follow up on the advice and take care!

Good luck and have fun in-game!

Byee
    Last edited by WinPlayer; Mar 10 2018 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WinPlayer View Post
    Dear readers and players,

Today I got one shotted, while I was taking the quest from the Slug-guy, in front of Grams. (for Monster Players)
    Never been killed that way, on that spot.
    Anyways, below is a copy+paste from my combat log and I would say to fix the range, so that Hunters or Ranged Classes can't get to that spot, it would mean they can fight with the One-Shotters (The Krahjarn Felarrows).
    I know in the past there was a bug or whatever to get access to the Monster Players Camp inside Grams, by the Free Peoples.
    It was considered an exploit and could get you banned.
    I don't' know why some people play on the brink of the edge of what's okay. Why would you risk it, to just kill a low-ranked Monster Player? I really don't get it and it shouldn't be any person's gameplay to play an MMO like that.
    We all like to have fun and play this wonderfull game, but this is just silly.

"Headshotman scored a critical hit with Improved Merciful Shot on (insert Monster Player's name) for 112,805 Beleriand damage to Morale."

Hopefully you'll follow up on the advice and take care!

Good luck and have fun in-game!

Byee
    Hardly a one shot if it was merciful shot; had to be at least two.

As for behaviour, that is where all the children hang out; none of them can get a girl, so they have to make up for the lack somehow. Its the reason I dont do PvP; most of the ones who post on the forums come across as twelve year olds with an attitude problem.

How can I change the colors of my currently equipped armor items? I've noticed the "Try on" option in equipment shops, but that doesn't seem to make the color changes permanent. Is there some way I can actually change my clothing color so that it actually stays with my character?

Quote Originally Posted by RustyCuyler24 View Post
    How can I change the colors of my currently equipped armor items? I've noticed the "Try on" option in equipment shops, but that doesn't seem to make the color changes permanent. Is there some way I can actually change my clothing color so that it actually stays with my character?
    Dyes.

Most armor, cloaks, and cosmetic clothing can be dyed to different colors. Scholars can make most of the dyes, but some can only be purchased in the in-game store. Others are only available for barter at festivals. Check the Auction House to see if any scholars have posted dyes for sale. Use the "Try On" option to check dye color appearance before you buy the dyes.

Also check out your character panel and the Cosmetic Outfit tab at the top. You can setup a cosmetic look for your character by dragging equipment of the desired color into position for one of your cosmetic outfits. This is a useful way to save a "look" that you like after you've outlevelled the items.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Dyes.

Most armor, cloaks, and cosmetic clothing can be dyed to different colors. Scholars can make most of the dyes, but some can only be purchased in the in-game store. Others are only available for barter at festivals. Check the Auction House to see if any scholars have posted dyes for sale. Use the "Try On" option to check dye color appearance before you buy the dyes.

Also check out your character panel and the Cosmetic Outfit tab at the top. You can setup a cosmetic look for your character by dragging equipment of the desired color into position for one of your cosmetic outfits. This is a useful way to save a "look" that you like after you've outlevelled the items.
    Ah, thanks a bunch for that! One more question, is there some reason my Copper coins count goes down once I reach 100? Like it resets to 0 then starts counting up from 0 once I go over 100. Is this a bug?

EDIT: Please ignore this question, I wasn't paying attention to my Silver coins, I understand how it works now. Sorry for the fail post!
    Last edited by RustyCuyler24; Mar 14 2018 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyCuyler24 View Post
    Ah, thanks a bunch for that! One more question, is there some reason my Copper coins count goes down once I reach 100? Like it resets to 0 then starts counting up from 0 once I go over 100. Is this a bug?

EDIT: Please ignore this question, I wasn't paying attention to my Silver coins, I understand how it works now. Sorry for the fail post!
    1. You're welcome.

2. Heh.

Coin is recorded internally as a 9 digit number where the rightmost 2 digits are copper, the next 3 silver, and the leftmost are gold - ggggssscc - then broken out by type for display. Thus the absolute maximum coin you can possess is 9999 gold, 999 silver, and 99 copper.

Bonus tip: At some point, usually during a frantic combat, your camera view will suddenly go all wonky. You have accidentally press the x key and toggled from fixed camera mode to follow-the-target mode. Press x again to make it stop.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by xeontranq View Post
    Thanks for responding, and clarifying. Well, that page needs to be removed, or at the very least prevented from going on to the order form, as it gives the impression of availability. And I found the page as I googled 'Hammerhand', 'Helm's Deep' and 'LOTRO' to see what the pack contains.
    I bought HD during the November '17 sale. I did not get a steed with it; it came with 1000 LP, a title, and a cosmetic. Nothing I saw gave me the impression that it would include a steed, but there may well be some pages that are out of date. I also bought Riders of Rohan at the same time, which I can confirm does include a steed (which matches the HD cosmetic.)

Xeontranq probably already has the answer, but perhaps someone else will benefit from my response.

(Bonus hint: If you can't afford all the content you want, try watching streams on Twitch. Occasionally a streamer will have drawings for gamecodes, even xpac and LP codes.)
    “I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge.” -JRR Tolkien

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast