We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    The game coding is so ancient, they can only get someone with experience of it to work one night per year; Ms Lovelace rises from the dead at sun-down on All Hallows Eve, and returns to her crypt at dawn.
    I see things really have moved on since I played 7 years ago...back then it was the hamster falling asleep on his/her (no-one really knew the gender) wheel. I guess it finally had enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Eiderhild View Post
    I see things really have moved on since I played 7 years ago...back then it was the hamster falling asleep on his/her (no-one really knew the gender) wheel. I guess it finally had enough?
    You mean the gingery orange one?? I think he changed careers. I seem to remember he is nearly as old as Ms Lovelace, but not in such good physical condition (too many cheetos).

The one before that died on the job (or in the wheel as it were), and now works as a Merkin.

You mean the gingery orange one?? I think he changed careers. I seem to remember he is nearly as old as Ms Lovelace, but not in such good physical condition (too many cheetos).

The one before that died on the job (or in the wheel as it were), and now works as a Merkin.
    I had to google Merkin, and i'm so glad I did! There really is a hamster heaven!

Spontaneously combusted in the middle of an update...
    Luventhariel and Appletart of Second Breakfast, Crickhollow

Graphics bug

Sorry for my English. It's not my native.
    I have this graphics bug when playing with new character. I created a new Human character, but when i enter, graphics is not display. UI and sound, everything else work fine. Then i delete that Human character and create a new Dwarf, graphics display normaly at first when I talking with Gandafl, but when i enter the mine, it gray out again. I tried both Dx9, dx10 and dx11. Graphics setting set to very low. Anyone have solution?

Here's the link to screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/CkO7H
    Graphics display normaly with my old character at Bree

Trouble in Rivendell

I just finished Volume 1 Book 3 but I didn't receive my next quest from Aragorn. (Foreward: Troubles in Rivendell.) I looked on the lotro wiki and it said that if Aragorn doesn't carry the quest to go to Elrond for chapter 1 and if that didn't work to go to Elladan for chapter 2. I've tried both of those along with Heithur Ironfist and no one will give me the next quest. Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliyah View Post
    I just finished Volume 1 Book 3 but I didn't receive my next quest from Aragorn. (Foreward: Troubles in Rivendell.) I looked on the lotro wiki and it said that if Aragorn doesn't carry the quest to go to Elrond for chapter 1 and if that didn't work to go to Elladan for chapter 2. I've tried both of those along with Heithur Ironfist and no one will give me the next quest. Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this?
    Check the details to see what character level is the minimum to start the quests.

Are you seeing a Silver ring around the NPC??

Silver indicates a quest that is too high for your current level, a dull grey ring is a quest far below your level.

If the ring is silver, you need to go off and do something else to raise your character to the minimum level.

The game has become a lot easier over the years, so most people could do these quests 5-10 levels below the current minimum, but when they were created, the minimum level would have been a real challenge.

Check the details to see what character level is the minimum to start the quests.

Are you seeing a Silver ring around the NPC??

Silver indicates a quest that is too high for your current level, a dull grey ring is a quest far below your level.

If the ring is silver, you need to go off and do something else to raise your character to the minimum level.

The game has become a lot easier over the years, so most people could do these quests 5-10 levels below the current minimum, but when they were created, the minimum level would have been a real challenge.
    I'm not seeing any rings at all.
    The quest is a level 37 though, and I'm only a level 30 so I'll wait until I get there and try again.
    Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliyah View Post
    I'm not seeing any rings at all.
    The quest is a level 37 though, and I'm only a level 30 so I'll wait until I get there and try again.
    Thank you for your help.
    Most quests can be obtained when you reach quest level minus five, thus 32 for a level 37 quest. At level minus six you will see a silver ring, which acts as an alert that you're close to being able to get a quest from that NPC.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftier View Post
    Sorry for my English. It's not my native.
    I have this graphics bug when playing with new character. I created a new Human character, but when i enter, graphics is not display. UI and sound, everything else work fine. Then i delete that Human character and create a new Dwarf, graphics display normaly at first when I talking with Gandafl, but when i enter the mine, it gray out again. I tried both Dx9, dx10 and dx11. Graphics setting set to very low. Anyone have solution?

Here's the link to screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/CkO7H
    Graphics display normaly with my old character at Bree
    I've never seen this before, so I can only make a wild guess. Possibly the ambient light is too low for the darkness of the building for the human and of the mine for the Dwarf. Open the options panel (Ctrl-o) and look for ambient light slider in the basic graphics section. Move it right and see if stuff appears.

Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

New to the game

Hello, is it still worth joining the game now? Or will it be too hard to keep up if I'm only playing a couple of hours a week or so? Recently quit my farming intensive MMO and hunting for a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jad333 View Post
    Hello, is it still worth joining the game now? Or will it be too hard to keep up if I'm only playing a couple of hours a week or so? Recently quit my farming intensive MMO and hunting for a new one.
    Hello, Jad333! I am totally biased of course, but I feel if you like LotR at all, you would enjoy Lotro. Lotro excels in Story and World immersion, and most of the quests are easy enough that you would have no problem doing them on your own. Lotro also is very relaxed, so you never feel rushed to lvl up. Not sure where you are, but if you are in the US, may I recommend Gladden to you as a very friendly and helpful server? Hope to see you in game! Cheers!

Hello, I was downloading the new update today and when I came back, the lotro launcher was closed.

Now I can’t even open up the lotro launcher, so no way to access the game.

Is this something anyone can help me with?

Thanks!

Update: i tried to reinstall the game from lotro.com and the installer fixed the problem. At the end I checked “launch lotro” and clicked finish and the download of the update is now finishing its job.
    Last edited by ConanHC; Apr 14 2018 at 06:09 PM.

Hello! I have a question:
    If I were to buy a second-hand disc version of the now-retired Mithril Edition (with an unused code), would it still work in the game as it is now? Would the code even work at all? And if yes, would the Turbine Points that originally came with it be converted into LOTRO Points?
    In short, is it worth getting the Mithril Edition second-hand?
    Many Thanks!

This is a pretty ancient edition, people were asking if it would still work 2-3 years ago.

Now?? Probably not; but if it is really cheap, (<$5), it might be worth giving it a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Certainly dont go buying it from Amazon!!! (£38!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ursid View Post
    Hello! I have a question:
    If I were to buy a second-hand disc version of the now-retired Mithril Edition (with an unused code), would it still work in the game as it is now? Would the code even work at all? And if yes, would the Turbine Points that originally came with it be converted into LOTRO Points?
    In short, is it worth getting the Mithril Edition second-hand?
    Many Thanks!

The two important things are, is the code really un-used and if the disc set is a Code Masters edition. If it is a Code Masters edition DO NOT buy it, it WILL NOT work. If it is a US edition and the code is truly un-used give it a try. If it does work, be aware you will still need to download about 20 GBs of new and updated game files, plus the subscription fee if going VIP.

Hope it works for you and welcome to LOTRO.
    Ujest - 118 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 95 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Thank-you both, that's really useful to know! Sounds like it'd be quite a palaver even if it did work, so I think I'll leave it unless a really REALLY cheap one comes up.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    The two important things are, is the code really un-used and if the disc set is a Code Masters edition. If it is a Code Masters edition DO NOT buy it, it WILL NOT work. If it is a US edition and the code is truly un-used give it a try. If it does work, be aware you will still need to download about 20 GBs of new and updated game files, plus the subscription fee if going VIP.

Hope it works for you and welcome to LOTRO.
    Probably more efficient to just download, install, and update LOTRO rather than install from old CDs and then update pretty much the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Probably more efficient to just download, install, and update LOTRO rather than install from old CDs and then update pretty much the entire game.
    I think the Op was more interested in the points and extra goodies that the disk might contain.

The point about Codemasters is worth mentioning again though, Amazon are STILL selling them, despite repeated warnings that they are coasters.

I think the Op was more interested in the points and extra goodies that the disk might contain.

The point about Codemasters is worth mentioning again though, Amazon are STILL selling them, despite repeated warnings that they are coasters.
    That is correct Thanks everyone, really appreciate your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    What would be most efficient is a question that was not asked.
    Ujest - 118 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 95 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Returning player from way back in the EU days

Been having the itch a for some time now and was thinking of start playing again. Haven't played for many many years now and not at all after the joining of EU and NA servers. I have not transferred any characters... Is it still possible to make an transfer or is starting from scratch the only option?

Quote Originally Posted by torava View Post
    Been having the itch a for some time now and was thinking of start playing again. Haven't played for many many years now and not at all after the joining of EU and NA servers. I have not transferred any characters... Is it still possible to make an transfer or is starting from scratch the only option?
    You can still transfer for free if you have a character on one of the closed servers.

Quote Originally Posted by torava View Post
    To be clear, EU and NA servers have not joined. There was a consolidation of the servers in their respective regions, but the regions remain separate.
    What shows is what there is.

Ty for a quick response

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast