We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Can't post yet? Ask your question here.

Welcome to Lord of the Rings Online.

If you just created your forum account and cannot yet start a new thread in order to ask a question, you can ask it in this thread.

What stats influence the amount of damage Guardian Bleeds (red line) do? Is there a formula anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Morthion View Post
    What stats influence the amount of damage Guardian Bleeds (red line) do? Is there a formula anywhere?
    If any stat affects GRD DoTs it would be Might indirectly via Physical Mastery, but I don't know for sure. The Wiki page on formulas doesn't seem to mention DoTs.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Rat...entage_formula
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Account page....

I havent played this game in a long time but already have an account. However last time i was online on the community site it had a list of the characters i had on it. has that changed or been removed?

Quote Originally Posted by frekathemighty View Post
    I havent played this game in a long time but already have an account. However last time i was online on the community site it had a list of the characters i had on it. has that changed or been removed?
    It got removed a few years ago.

The character info, leaderboard, etc. all got their info directly from the game databases via periodic refreshes. They were inaccurate and apparently also caused problems with the game, possibly database load problems. When Turbine revamped the forums they eliminated a lot of this.

More recently, due to the server closings and player initiated transfers, a small amount of this info is available in the launcher, basically name and last played date on each server. Here's how to see it:

- Start launcher and log in.
    - When you get to server selection dialog, click on the Transfer button.
    - You'll get a new dialog listing all the servers where you have characters and the number of chars.
    - Hover over a server name and you'll get a popup listing the characters and last play date.

Note that if you have characters on a server which has been closed, all you can do is transfer them to one of the remaining servers, but you can only transfer EU to EU and NA to NA. This transfer from a closed server is FREE!

Have fun!

Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by ingo2 View Post

If you just created your forum account and cannot yet start a new thread in order to ask a question, you can ask it in this thread.
    If coming back to play casually are there any classes to avoid because they cannot solo?

Are there any mechanics built into the game to help you level alongside friends who are not close to your level?

What is the natural progression for zones? IE starting zones then to X, then to Y, then to Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythariel View Post
    If coming back to play casually are there any classes to avoid because they cannot solo?
    Not really. Every class can solo to level cap. Some are easier or faster than others.

Are there any mechanics built into the game to help you level alongside friends who are not close to your level?
    Not much.

You can buy a pocket item called The Stone of the Tortoise in the store for 100 TP. It turns off experience gain from quests and kills when equipped. People use it to slow down their levelling so that they can do all the content in each area without levelling beyond it. There are also groups that level together and use the stone individually when not playing with the group so as not to get ahead of their friends.

There are also Epic Battles (also called Big Battles or BB): https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Epic_Battles

Everyone gets scaled to the same level for a BB, but a scaled up level 20 is not nearly as powerful as a scaled up level 95 character. BBs do play differently than normal questing. You take on roles, like Engineer, which are independent of your actual class. A level 20 can do perfectly well in a group if they stick to the Engineer and Officer roles. The Vanguard role works best when the player is at or near level cap.

What is the natural progression for zones? IE starting zones then to X, then to Y, then to Z.
    Here's the list of regions and recommended levels:

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cate...egional_Quests

The first three plus The Lone Lands are the free content. Those can get you to 30. After that you have to be VIP or purchase some quest packs to get to near level 50 and start Moria. Conventional wisdom is to buy and do the following:

- Evendim (30-40)
    - Some combo of 1-2 of Angmar, Forochel, and Misty Mountains
    - Buy the Quad Pack to get the four expansions: Moria, Mirkwood, Rise of Isengard, and Riders of Rohan. That's enough content to take you from 45-47 all the way to 86 and likely a bit more.
    - Helm's Deep expansion covers 86-95, but really can take you almost to 100.

NOTE: There is likely to be a big sale on expansions next week. Previous years they've sold the Quad Pack and Helm's Deep for $10 each.

There is kind of an awkward gap from level 40 to 50. The regions were broken out when the game went free to play so there isn't a clean progression and there's a lot of overlap. After Mirkwood things settle into a pattern of Quest Pack, expansion, QP, expac, etc. until you complete Helm's Deep. Then it's QP only up to the present.

Hope that helps. Have fun!

Book 1 Chapter 10

Hi, so i'm a level 14 elf hunter and I am working on volume one book 1. I just completed the mission "Into the Barrow Downs" and went to talk with Tom Bombadil but after I talked with him, the whole quest just went away and its not in my tracker or anything. Please help!

Bleesing Of The Valar

I get the Bleesing of the Valar for 2 day ago , and when i use the item to gain level 95 , is kick me out of game , and i cant log in into my toom . it show This Charater cannot be selected right now, pls try again later , what is that problem ? im pay for this and now i cant log in to my Character , how many day u can fit it ?

Quote Originally Posted by keeve View Post
    I get the Bleesing of the Valar for 2 day ago , and when i use the item to gain level 95 , is kick me out of game , and i cant log in into my toom . it show This Charater cannot be selected right now, pls try again later , what is that problem ? im pay for this and now i cant log in to my Character , how many day u can fit it ?
    I can only suggest trying again, and if that does not work then file a support ticket at: http://support.turbine.com

Since nobody else has responded, it looks like no other player has a solution for this problem.

I think I get it

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewe0616 View Post
    Hi, so i'm a level 14 elf hunter and I am working on volume one book 1. I just completed the mission "Into the Barrow Downs" and went to talk with Tom Bombadil but after I talked with him, the whole quest just went away and its not in my tracker or anything. Please help!
    Ok so I realized I was too low of a level to do the quest. First of all, what level do I need to be to do the next quest and how do I start it since it was canceled when it should have been started

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewe0616 View Post
    Ok so I realized I was too low of a level to do the quest. First of all, what level do I need to be to do the next quest and how do I start it since it was canceled when it should have been started
    The next quest is Othrongroth, which is a level 21 quest, so you need to be 21 - 5 = level 16. Tom Bombadil will give it to you when you reach that level.

With a few rare exceptions, you must be within 5 levels of the quest's level rating in order to get the quest.

The Wiki has details on most quests. (New content can take a week or two for players to update it.)

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Quests

Othrongroth is part of the Epic quest line:

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Epic_Quests

The details on this quest, including where it starts and who starts it (box in upper right):

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ques...1:_Othrongroth

There's a bunch other quests you can do in the northern section of the Barrow Downs to help you level up to 16.

Have fun!

So I STILL can't post, not even to here.... argh!!

Anyway, I was wondering why people recommend setting up a 2nd account to your main one, and having a character follow you around while you are grinding loot. Does this increase the amount of loot you get?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDoshbot View Post

Anyway, I was wondering why people recommend setting up a 2nd account to your main one, and having a character follow you around while you are grinding loot. Does this increase the amount of loot you get?

Thanks
    Each character in a fellowship gets an individual award of non-coin loot as if they had killed the mob solo. Coin is a single award divided amongst the group. This helps with grinding task items, recipes from humanoid mobs, legendary items in Moria and later, etc. The secondary character will also gain XP and level up from it.

If your main is not a Hunter, then make the secondary a Hunter so you can take advantage of the OOC speed buff and porting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Each character in a fellowship gets an individual award of non-coin loot as if they had killed the mob solo. Coin is a single award divided amongst the group. This helps with grinding task items, recipes from humanoid mobs, legendary items in Moria and later, etc. The secondary character will also gain XP and level up from it.

If your main is not a Hunter, then make the secondary a Hunter so you can take advantage of the OOC speed buff and porting skills.
    Oh wow, thanks!

Now to figure out how to run an additional 5 LOTRO clients simultaneously.....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDoshbot View Post

Thanks
    Man ... happened the same to me ... but be patient if u can (i have big problems with this, lol), and the day will come.

To help you (and me too), ive just created a separated thread to "us" about it, right? cya there!

how do I post in fourm

now how do I get post permmisions

how do I post new post new ideals of my own, not replying to , someone else

Quote Originally Posted by pops505 View Post
    how do I post new post new ideals of my own, not replying to , someone else
    I'm afraid you will have to wait an unknown amount of time before your account is unlocked for general posting. This is in place to combat a major spam problem that infested this forum.

As a NEW player to this game and a full VIP/quarterly subscriber, when should I expect to have access to post normally on these forums? Only thing I have not purchased yet is the Mordor expansion. Is that a hidden requirement or something?

And another thing... if the delay in getting the servers upgraded and lag resolved is all based on funding and developers, how about we put together a Go Fund Me account to generate additional income to help these guys get this stuff done? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Shadeflayer View Post
    As a NEW player to this game and a full VIP/quarterly subscriber, when should I expect to have access to post normally on these forums? Only thing I have not purchased yet is the Mordor expansion. Is that a hidden requirement or something?

And another thing... if the delay in getting the servers upgraded and lag resolved is all based on funding and developers, how about we put together a Go Fund Me account to generate additional income to help these guys get this stuff done? LOL
    There is no hidden requirement for purchasing the Mordor expansion. The same guidelines go for every new account created. See the stickied thread at the top of this sub-forum:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?645326-Why-Can-I-Only-Post-Here

I cannot answer the latter of your questions. It's above any casual player or forum user. If that were an option I'm sure SSG would be more then happy to toss the idea out there. I do know they are looking at bringing in a new software engineer which apparently is going to look at some stuff "under the hood". Hopefully that helps some of the issues.
    "In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit."
    Elrendoes - 106 Warden // Elrendos - 76 Hunter // Elrendose - 69 Minstrel
    <- Goblin's For Hire ->
    Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Elrendos View Post
    There is no hidden requirement for purchasing the Mordor expansion. The same guidelines go for every new account created. See the stickied thread at the top of this sub-forum:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?645326-Why-Can-I-Only-Post-Here

I cannot answer the latter of your questions. It's above any casual player or forum user. If that were an option I'm sure SSG would be more then happy to toss the idea out there. I do know they are looking at bringing in a new software engineer which apparently is going to look at some stuff "under the hood". Hopefully that helps some of the issues.
    The game coding is so ancient, they can only get someone with experience of it to work one night per year; Ms Lovelace rises from the dead at sun-down on All Hallows Eve, and returns to her crypt at dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    The game coding is so ancient, they can only get someone with experience of it to work one night per year; Ms Lovelace rises from the dead at sun-down on All Hallows Eve, and returns to her crypt at dawn.
    I see things really have moved on since I played 7 years ago...back then it was the hamster falling asleep on his/her (no-one really knew the gender) wheel. I guess it finally had enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Eiderhild View Post
    I see things really have moved on since I played 7 years ago...back then it was the hamster falling asleep on his/her (no-one really knew the gender) wheel. I guess it finally had enough?
    You mean the gingery orange one?? I think he changed careers. I seem to remember he is nearly as old as Ms Lovelace, but not in such good physical condition (too many cheetos).

The one before that died on the job (or in the wheel as it were), and now works as a Merkin.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast