We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    967

    New To Raiding? Want To Try? Raiding With Rare Breed Is For You.

    Hello All,

    We recognize that there are many players out there that have not had the opportunity to raid. Perhaps this is because they are shy, intimidated, can't find groups, etc. We feel this is a shame !

    Rare Breed will be hosting a weekly event called "Raiding With Rare Breed" where anyone on Arkenstone of any skill level / experience can join Rare Breed on a raid. The aim for this is to get more people in to raiding. We feel this will be beneficial to the community as a whole.

    Some Key Points:



    • No experience with raiding is required
    • No minimum gear requirements
    • All raids will be Tier 1 - if the group feels confident we will move to T2
    • All times are always posted as server time (Eastern Standard Time)
    • No judgement to be made of others; however, if you would like input on gear/skills/etc. feel free to ask
    • No sign ups required. The event will be advertised in World Chat and spaces filled accordingly.
    • No strings attached; no need to join Rare Breed. This is open to the public.
    • Team Speak would be a bonus (d/l for free)


    Each week the raid and time will be posted on the Rare Breed Calendar and the LOTRO Community Calendar.

    Hope to see you out ... Happy Raiding !!!
    Last edited by Proudcdn; Oct 12 2016 at 06:06 PM.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    967
    This week's raid: T1 Barad Guldur (level 105) - Oct.13th at 7pm
    Last edited by Proudcdn; Oct 11 2016 at 07:48 PM.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Mithlond, Eriador, Middle-Earth, Arda, Eä
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    This week's raid: T1 Barad Guldur (level 105) - Oct.13th at 7pm
    est? pst? central? Lots of time zones out there.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonA. View Post
    est? pst? central? Lots of time zones out there.
    Perhaps you should read a little closer before asking this.....

    "All times are always posted as server time (Eastern Standard Time)"

    Glad I could clear that up for you!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    967
    In light of U19 launching this Monday we will move Raiding With Rare Breed up to Sunday October 16th this week.

    Sun Oct 16th 9pm EST

    T1 Ost Dunhoth - Wound & Fear (level 105)

    You must discover the instance in the Lich Bluffs of Enedwaith at [75.1S, 19.7W].

    Hope to see you there !!!
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    967
    Wed. Nov. 2nd at 8pm EST - T1 Battle for Erebor.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

  7. #7
    Sounds like fun! I'll have to make sure to keep an eye on world chat for an invite tonight
    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    230
    This is a great idea. However since I work nights and don't arrive home till after 10:30 pm Central USA time and my schedule does not have much as to a regular day off. I find it difficult to be able to participate.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by farmhand99 View Post
    This is a great idea. However since I work nights and don't arrive home till after 10:30 pm Central USA time and my schedule does not have much as to a regular day off. I find it difficult to be able to participate.
    Pretty much in the same boat, but it looks like they have stopped anyway. Or not? Not sure when Arken is active the most, seems brandy is still the better place for raiders. For the size, amount of players ... arkenstone feels more like Landroval without the RP and a lot more toxic to me. World chat is the worst, since 2007. Are you still doing these?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by Amykouqab View Post
    Pretty much in the same boat, but it looks like they have stopped anyway. Or not? Not sure when Arken is active the most, seems brandy is still the better place for raiders. For the size, amount of players ... arkenstone feels more like Landroval without the RP and a lot more toxic to me. World chat is the worst, since 2007. Are you still doing these?
    It certainly has not stopped. We did Battle For Erebor last week. This week I am undecided ... but it will be posted soon.

    Arkenstone is a solid server for raiders. There are several T2 Thrones going on each night.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hithlad
    Posts
    313
    Raiding on Arkenstone is the most active on any other server if you are kinless. At the moment I am kinless on Arkenstone and am finding lots of Pug Throne T2 Raids all throughout the day (Australian) who are more than happy to invite, I have even made a few friends in doing so who now invite me to their groups without me even asking.

    A big tip is to put yourself out there, talk with people, be friendly, joining group in voice chat banter and most importantly make some friends by having fun! Unfortunately doing any raid but Throne of the Dread terror is hard but just ask around because once you find a nice friendly group of players I am sure once Throne dies out that people will be running the classics

    As an Australian I think the "No one is doing raids in my Time zone" while on Arkenstone is complete nonsense as I can log on at 6AM in the morning and see a raid going on, log on at 12PM and see a raid going on and Log on at 6PM and see a raid going on you just need to talk to some people in World chat and try joining chat channels like glff.

  12. #12
    I had a lot of fun in the BfE raid last week. It went very smoothly, and it was a fun group to roll with!
    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    967
    This week's Raiding With Rare Breed:

    Wed Nov 9th at 8pm EST Deeping Wall (Epic Battle)

    Absolutely no experience required. Look for Dadi in game around 7:30pm that day.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    967
    This week's Raiding With Rare Breed:

    Wed Nov 15th at 8pm EST Tower of Orthanc (T1) - Level 75+

    Absolutely no experience required. Look for Dadi in game around 7:30pm that day.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    This week's Raiding With Rare Breed:

    Wed Nov 15th at 8pm EST Tower of Orthanc (T1) - Level 75+

    Absolutely no experience required. Look for Dadi in game around 7:30pm that day.


    Had a great time! I definitely would recommend going to anyway who is looking to understand how raids work in the game.

    Just curious if you guys have an idea of where and when the next raid will be?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    967
    This week's Raiding With Rare Breed:

    Wed Nov 23rd at 8pm EST Fires of Smaug (T1) - Level 105

    Absolutely no experience required. Look for Dadi in game around 7:30pm that day.
    Last edited by Proudcdn; Nov 22 2016 at 07:11 AM.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by CornWollis View Post
    Raiding on Arkenstone is the most active on any other server if you are kinless. At the moment I am kinless on Arkenstone and am finding lots of Pug Throne T2 Raids all throughout the day (Australian) who are more than happy to invite, I have even made a few friends in doing so who now invite me to their groups without me even asking.

    A big tip is to put yourself out there, talk with people, be friendly, joining group in voice chat banter and most importantly make some friends by having fun! Unfortunately doing any raid but Throne of the Dread terror is hard but just ask around because once you find a nice friendly group of players I am sure once Throne dies out that people will be running the classics

    As an Australian I think the "No one is doing raids in my Time zone" while on Arkenstone is complete nonsense as I can log on at 6AM in the morning and see a raid going on, log on at 12PM and see a raid going on and Log on at 6PM and see a raid going on you just need to talk to some people in World chat and try joining chat channels like glff.
    Rakothas t2c farm is real

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    This week's Raiding With Rare Breed:

    Wed Nov 22nd at 8pm EST Fires of Smaug (T1) - Level 105

    Absolutely no experience required. Look for Dadi in game around 7:30pm that day.
    I must point out that this date is incorrect just as the last one was. November 22 is Tuesday not Wednesday. Wednesday is November 23rd.
    This is a little confusing and if I wanted to attend I would not be sure of the exact day.

    Which day is it Tuesday or Wednesday?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by farmhand99 View Post
    I must point out that this date is incorrect just as the last one was. November 22 is Tuesday not Wednesday. Wednesday is November 23rd.
    This is a little confusing and if I wanted to attend I would not be sure of the exact day.

    Which day is it Tuesday or Wednesday?
    On the Rare Breed calendar it is listed as Wednesday the 23rd.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    967
    It is Wed the 23rd.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    It is Wed the 23rd.
    I had a lot of fun last time. I'll look in world chat around 7:00 tomorrow to see if there's a spot open still.
    Last edited by Nouri; Nov 22 2016 at 09:11 AM.
    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    230
    Thank you for the clarification...however this week this week for me is bad because of the holiday. I look forward to some other week.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by farmhand99 View Post
    Thank you for the clarification...however this week this week for me is bad because of the holiday. I look forward to some other week.
    I am sorry I could not schedule this to suit your needs. These raids are planned according to my schedule, my time zone, and what works for me (since I am leading it). With that in mind, there will be some that will not be able to attend.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    230
    I understand and respect the time you need to schedule these runs. I do have from time to time the nights free to try and attend. What I was pointing out was that the day and date did not match.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    967
    It has been a crazy six weeks ... Moved houses, Christmas, power outages, and guests !!! I am back in the saddle and ready to resume Raiding With Rare Breed.

    This week's Raiding With Rare Breed:

    Wed Feb 1st at 8pm EST - Deeping Wall (Epic Battle)

    Absolutely no experience required. Look for Dadi in game around 7:30pm that day.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload