We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Survival: Barrows-downs "Strength in Diversity" deed bugged?

As you probably know "Strength in Diversity" deed for raid version of Survival: Barrows-downs skirm requires at least one from each class to be presented in the raid during 30 minutes. During U13 I've done this deed in a 12man raid where all 9 classes were presented and got the deed, but today we've got a problem with repeating it.

We've got 11 ppl where all 10 current classes were presented, but the deed didn't proceed for us (screenshot attached). The deed hasn't even appeared and the meta-deed "Strength of Diversity" wasn't affected by our run. We've submitted a ticket but GM declined to help us with this deed and told to report a bug blah-blah-blah (which is waste of time in my opinion).

Does anyone know exactly what Turbine has changed since U13 or is it absolutely broken now?

In the patch notes for U18.1 I found this:

Beornings can now contribute to the Strength in Diversity deeds.
    I have no idea how beornings can contribute now, as you can see we had a beorning but it didn't help. Also, I have a feeling that while adding beorning to "contribute" to this deed Turbine has changed something else.

Here some ideas I have for now:

1. Try it w/o beorning since Turbine could implement it in the wrong way so this class now prevents the deed.
    2. Try it with 10 ppl with no classes duplicates. Previously raid version of the deed allowed 12 men to be there and the only condition was to "at least one from each class" to be presented (and that's was the difference with 3 and 6 man where no class duplicates were allowed). Probably they changed this for raid?
    3. Try it with 12 man with all classes (probably full raid is now required for this deed?)

It's very hard to find all the classes for this deed and it's very time consuming to test it. So maybe someone know exactly what is required now to complete this deed? Thank you in advance for any clues!
    Last edited by Phindecano; Sep 26 2016 at 11:16 PM.

Here's the link to Lotro-Wiki that explains the fellowship. http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Stre..._--_Fellowship
    After I read Lotro-Wiki it does state "Survive in the Barrow-downs for xxx minutes with no duplicate classes"

You have 2 Rune Keepers in your group

good luck

If you look at his Deed log he is trying to do "Strength in Diversity -- Raid" not Fellowship. The wiki does not appear to have an entry for this.

Quote Originally Posted by farmhand99 View Post
    Here's the link to Lotro-Wiki that explains the fellowship. http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Stre..._--_Fellowship
    After I read Lotro-Wiki it does state "Survive in the Barrow-downs for xxx minutes with no duplicate classes"

You have 2 Rune Keepers in your group

good luck
    As Thorwynn noted it's a different deed. Raid deed never required "no duplicate classes" but "at least one from each class" to be presented instead. That's was my question

What is interesting, while doing "Strength in Diversity -- Fellowship" deed today we found that it's can't be done with <6man (we tried it 5man first). The deed description doesn't contain this condition but it exists. I mean, even if you have 5 different classes you need a sixth for this deed. I guess that our problem in the raid was the same: we just needed 12 palayers instead of 11. I'm not sure if it always worked this way or it was changed some updates ago. We'll check it again tomorrow and I'll post the results here.

So we tried today 2 scenarios:

First, we ran with 12 men where all the classes were presented (we had 2 hunters and 2 RKs). No success.
    Then we ran with 10 men - with no classes duplicates. No success again.

So, seems like this deed is bugged. The last idea I have is that beorning breaks this deed and prevents it from proceed. We'll try it tomorrow w/o beorning and I'll report the results. If it doesn't work, then it's completely broken.

P.S. Thank you Bear for joining us today!

Sorry, I didn't pay that close attention when I placed the info on here. Now having said that I'd suggest also sending in a "Bug Report" when your in game so there is also a log of the bug for the team to go back to and check out. I would also suggest to be as detailed as possible such as but not limited to as the day, time of day, what server you were on, your character you were on. I say this because than the team can go back and check there logs on the back end to search out the possible issue/problem and come up with a solution.

Than if someone reads this thread who helps maintain Lotro-Wiki they hopefully update the pages there as well.

You could also try running the 6 man with/without beornings and see how it behaves in that case. Whatever the result, thanks for looking into this! I'm slowly working through my Survival deeds and kinda dreading the raid ones. Knowing what works or doesn't ahead of time will be a big help.

We've finally done this deed. As it turned out it was beorning who prevented the deed from work. Here is the setup that worked for us today:

As you can see we had only 11 men with two RKs and two wardens in the raid and it worked like a charm. So the deed is absolutely bugged for beorning and wasn't fixed in U18.1 despite of such a mention in the patchnotes. Neither beorning nor other characters in the raid with beorning can complete "Strength in Diversity" deed. We haven't tried 3 and 6 men with beorning, so I don't know if it's bugged as well.

So here's our summary about the deed:

• "Strength in Diversity" deed in 6 men requires no duplicate classes. However, it requires 6 characters to be presented in the group. You can't complete this deed with 5 ppl or less.
    • "Strength in Diversity" deed in 12 men doesn't require 12 men. The only condition is that all the classes should be presented in the raid. Theoretically you can complete this deed with 9 men.
    • Non of setups allow beorning to participate in the raid. The deed simply doesn't appear, doesn't work and can't be completed with a beorning in the raid.
    • We didn't check if this deed work for beorning in 3 men and 6 men.

I've already sent a bug report from the game. I'll update lotro-wiki page tomorrow with the information about the "Strength in Diversity" raid deed.

P.S. The meta-deed "Surviving the Night" for the "Survivor of the Barrow-downs" title works well (except you are a beorning ). It has completed for us today as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Phindecano View Post
    P.S. The meta-deed "Surviving the Night" for the "Survivor of the Barrow-downs" title works well (except you are a beorning ). It has completed for us today as well.
    Good job investigating what exactly works or does not work! And congrats on the meta-deed. Only the slayer deeds left then, I guess? Those are all I still need to do, but soooo many mobs to kill!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathili View Post
    Only the slayer deeds left then, I guess? Those are all I still need to do, but soooo many mobs to kill!
    Yeah, those slayer deeds are really crazy, aren't compatible with slayer deed boosts and even don't provide a title. Not sure if I'm going to complete them

Sorry for the necro but this is still bugged.

The current skirmish event revitalised my interest to complete this deed. I assumed we had to get all 10 classes, so went looking hard for a beorning.... which turned out to be my downfall. Obviously didn't get the deed, searched for it and found this thread. Now I need to try and convince people once more this is worth their time