We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Character Copy

Character Copy

Is this down at the moment.

I have been repeatedly trying to copy my Burglar from Laurelin to Bullroarer all day without success.

It just keeps saying - "An error was encountered" and "Character did not copy"

Same here.

I have written a bug report.

link to character copy

can someone please post a link for character copy?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorondil View Post
    can someone please post a link for character copy?
    1) Launch your Turbine Client
    2) type in name and password, click log in
    3) click TRANSFER and follow directions.

Note: The BR database has not been wiped since the last time it was active, so if you have/had a character already on BR (even if you deleted it) the character copy will fail. This is NOT a bug.
    Signatures are overrated.

I already had an RK on Bullroarer but I wanted to copy a different character i.e. my burglar (to test the new changes) and that is what failed.

Should this have worked or are you saying that if you have 1 old character there you can't copy any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Digaloo View Post
    I already had an RK on Bullroarer but I wanted to copy a different character i.e. my burglar (to test the new changes) and that is what failed.

Should this have worked or are you saying that if you have 1 old character there you can't copy any more?
    Try to transfer everything you have (chars + shared storage) on Bullroarer to Palantir, and then try to copy your live character.
    D&Co du Milieu (English - French): Housing Magazine & database.
    LesBalladesDeYao: A big unexplored world.

Just tried that. Worked fine thanks

Just tried that. Worked fine thanks
    My pleasure

Ryb
    D&Co du Milieu (English - French): Housing Magazine & database.
    LesBalladesDeYao: A big unexplored world.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenRybnick View Post
    Try to transfer everything you have (chars + shared storage) on Bullroarer to Palantir, and then try to copy your live character.
    That also works fine to remove a leftover character from last beta and copy the actual version of it. No need to wait for a character wipe this beta. Thanks!
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

When you had originally copied your character, had you copied all shared items as well? This could easily cause a situation where trying to copy another character would fail, especially if you again tried to copy shared items. For example, if you copied your shared storage with your first character, then if the second character had taken anything out of the shared storage before you tried to copy, it would fail.

I am glad to hear there was a workaround you could use. Hopefully they wipe the BR database before the next released update so this is not again an issue as I have a feeling the workaround you used cannot be used again unless the place you moved your BR characters to is wiped.
    Signatures are overrated.