We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Honestly, I do not mind the armour from the landscape. Not sure if it is superior from the one from the raid, but I think not. No set bonuses, etc.

Raid armour gets scaled with some landscape tokens, which still means you need to do the raid. It's not a landscape armour, just a (pretty insignificant) upgrade. I wouldn't mind some item like the broken clasp from a 6-man, though, since these flower picking quests are for some hobbit RPs and flower shop owners. It sounds very annoying for any self respecting raider who has put in an effort to get the gear done. And then imagine more sets on one toon and then even more toons. It will be hell.

Jewelry will probably go a little bit down, same as it happened with hilt/raid pocket.

And I still hope they make a dps cloak with main stat over vitality and crit rating. Stop shoveling out tanking cloaks, we have one in the raid. dps one didn't come out since the gold cloak.

P.S.
    Most of us made it through the raid without the items they are offering now. So it is possible to do. Some of these will just make the raiding life easier and maybe give more people the oportunity to do the same. As long as the raid is still the main source of some of the best gear, I do not mind.

As far as housing goes... It is impressive when you first get there, but then when you consider how large the area is, it goes away pretty fast. You need a WS to get to certain destinations and that is not appealing. Some people who will be getting the premium houses will want people to see them too eventually. I imagine the far end of the housing area will constantly be empty. Ships to kin houses are also pretty far. I like some of the house designs though, very nice and very interesting having some sort of a garden inside your home, 2nd floor, etc.

I would like a clarification for one thing.

• Throne of the Dread Terror - 4-piece Greater Armor Set Bonuses no longer stack with identical bonuses on other armor sets.

Does this mean that specifically the 4th set bonus can not stack? For example +3 warden bleeds from the set. Or that all the sets up to 4 can not stack, meaning 2, 3 and 4 also.
    Last edited by Gandalphor; Sep 26 2016 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    There is no link. Charactercopy is part of the normal client. after entering name and password, just click on transfer instead of enter world.

Thank you!!! Figured that out by now, but still much appreciated that you posted an answer

Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    Actually I am really surprised it's that cheap. I thought for sure it be much more.

For years I kept seeing people say they would pay quite a bit for housing upgrades.(tps) Well now you are getting it.
    That's just the upkeep and is PER WEEK. The houses are somewhere between 150 - 400 MC. And if ur premium and u don't pay ur upkeep u loose the house and you don't get the MC u spent on buying the house, so not cool. We need the house upkeep in silver coins or else not worth.
    To the world you may be a person,
    But to one person you may be the World.

I have long thought that Mithril is the worst thing that has happened to this game - it's overly expensive and inconvenient.

I am the person who was stupid enough to purchase war-steed dyes and kinship storage via Mithril. I will not be taken yet again, so count me out on premium housing, despite the fact that I'm VIP.

If you want my money, there should be a better (non-hook) housing system and better pricing.
    Jewahe

Crafting

Will there be new guild lvl 105 recipes?

Quote Originally Posted by cat301 View Post
    Will there be new guild lvl 105 recipes?
    A long time ago in a galaxy far fgar away they said there would be 105 crafted stuff. Considering how long it took to get 100 stuff ya know at the update we went to 105 we got 100 stuff) I am barely holding my breath. Carting is a carrot Turbine has on a string. They mention it here and there to keep us around but I doubt they care about it, until they can figure out a way to INTRODUCE NEW PREMIUM CRAFTING
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    We're looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback!
    i'm player over 9 years with Deluxe box and lifemember, i played for 9 year with burglar but I want to inform you ..., you are unable to understand what are the problems of the classes currently especially with Burg class, the improved aim change is ridiculous and does not solve the problem.

the RED LINE need burst damage base.

- subtle stab, Double-edged Strike, cunning attack initial damage and flashing blades should be increased (not increase 2-5%, the burglar need more dps +15%-20%!!!)
    - reduce animation of surprice strike
    - reduce Charging time of CdG
    -with AIM reduce charging time, you can play with Hello Kitty online!

Blue LINE

-need have at least 2 or 3 gambit for target, not overwriting their

you have not understood, HUNTER and BURGLAR, they have to do more DPS (plus 20/30%) on single target to compensate AoE damage class. My 3 year old son understood it before you

sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by markustrcck; Sep 27 2016 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    A long time ago in a galaxy far fgar away they said there would be 105 crafted stuff. Considering how long it took to get 100 stuff ya know at the update we went to 105 we got 100 stuff) I am barely holding my breath. Carting is a carrot Turbine has on a string. They mention it here and there to keep us around but I doubt they care about it, until they can figure out a way to INTRODUCE NEW PREMIUM CRAFTING
    Guild, yes. I have high hopes for cap 110!

Quote Originally Posted by markustrcck View Post
    i'm player over 9 years with Deluxe box and lifemember, i played for 9 year with burglar but I want to inform you ..., you are unable to understand what are the problems of the classes currently especially with Burg class, the improved aim change is ridiculous and does not solve the problem.

the RED LINE need burst damage base.

- subtle stab, Double-edged Strike, cunning attack initial damage and flashing blades should be increased (not increase 2-5%, the burglar need more dps +15%-20%!!!)
    - reduce animation of surprice strike
    - reduce Charging time of CdG
    -with AIM reduce charging time, you can play with Hello Kitty online!

Blue LINE

-need have at least 2 or 3 gambit for target, not overwriting their

you have not understood, HUNTER and BURGLAR, they have to do more DPS (plus 20/30%) on single target to compensate AoE damage class. My 3 year old son understood it before you

sorry for my bad english
    and in build1 burglar got +25% dps, and hunter got ~+20%, exactly what you ask for. whats your point?
    sure, those +20% for hunter is not enough to be viable, but what you are writing has been done... at least partially. you are ranting about things that get done? that does not make sense.
    still, most burglars will disagree that burgs need even more burst. otherwise, they oneshot everything in ettens. like they nearly do already.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by markustrcck View Post

sorry for my bad english
    When will people realize that AoE vs Single target classes do better in different scenarios, and that Burglar is not a pure DPS class like a Hunter or Champion.?
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 13 Warg, Arkenstone~

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    When will people realize that AoE vs Single target classes do better in different scenarios, and that Burglar is not a pure DPS class like a Hunter or Champion.?
    Which begs the question what a blue burg is supposed to be being limited to only 1 active gamble on 1 target at all times?
    Or a yellow burg beeing a cc-spec?
    That's what I call buffing a class: only tweaking a few numbers while leaving the laughable core mechanics intact. Oh and mainly tweaking them for a red burg.

Burglars as a class have 2 DPS lines and 1 support line, to say they don't deserve comparative DPS is to say that mini's shouldn't be able to heal as good as an RK or a Guard should not be able to tank as good as a Warden. At the same time, to assume that every burg has all the outdated gear and bugged skill know-how to perform on any level considered reasonable would be just the same. Everyone complains about guards BPE/Restore rate, its what they do. Same for Mini's with healing, Caps with buffs, RKs with DPS the list goes on for every class, and its by their design. Unfortunately, Burgs by design, if given a comparable DPS, would mean breaking them in the moors especially with how many outdated/issues remain unfixed. Just the same for how Wargs are by design due to their need for low CD skills. And if you were to take this aspect away from any of them, they become worthless.

Turbine has chosen to lean on its DPS as a result, coming from that is what majority of Burgs do with the class, but ignored all its issues that prevent it from being useful in group scenarios. None of this is new or surprising, and none of it will change how the class is currently viewed or its use in the landscape of the game. Getting all riled up over Burgs getting a DPS that still wouldn't have them out DPS'ing an RK or Champ of equal skill just goes to show the fear of a long ignored class getting the same treatment every other class has gotten over the years. Ironically enough, the only place people are worried about Burgs is the moors, so take that to heart when analyzing the class.

Does that mean people should be happy with what is being done to these "red-headed step children" of lotro? No, not really. However, if you are gonna start here you might as well have beef with the strength of every class in game and how Turbine has made them.
    "There are things that go bump in the night. We're the ones who bump back." -BPRD

13. Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    When will people realize that AoE vs Single target classes do better in different scenarios....
    The issue here is that every AoE class also has a viable, and likely even superior (for that scenario), single target line or ability for use in single-target scenarios. Now matter how much ingenuity or brilliance a Burglar brings to an AoE scenario, they will be outmatched every time by the AoE classes choosing attacks nearly at random. But I would not propose giving Burglars the ability to AoE after all of these years, either. Ideally, the unique and thematic elements of the class should remain.

I do believe that, given the Burglar's fragility steming from their being the only melee class that can only wear medium armor, that does not gain 5 points of Morale with every point of Vitality (obviously the essences have reduced the importance of this), and that does not have tanking traits and a dedicated trait line for survivability, Burglars should do the highest single-target DPS in the game. This is for PvE only, of course. It is going to take some creativity to balance Burglars for both PvE and PvP. Much of the survivability ability that makes Burglars so powerful in PvP barely warrants a footnote in PvE.

...and that Burglar is not a pure DPS class like a Hunter or Champion.?
    This would be fair if other classes did not have comparable debuffing abilities to Burglars, which is supposed to be the Burglar's thing. I am all for preserving the proper roles of the classes, but I think that ship has sailed, sadly. The best we can hope for is a semblance of balance with respect to the overall potency of each class as a whole.

Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable...

'Legendary' Items - Tips, Tricks, and a Guide to the 'Grind' - a Legendary Items guide! (And a new Imbuing guide! and Essence guide!)

The Life and Times of Kaleigh Starshine: Curing insomnia, one reader at a time, and a proud resident of The Cottage of Pen and Play

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrist View Post
    Burglars should do the highest single-target DPS in the game. This is for PvE only, of course. It is going to take some creativity to balance Burglars for both PvE and PvP. Much of the survivability ability that makes Burglars so powerful in PvP barely warrants a footnote in PvE.
    That's just bad idea considering how burglar damage buffs stack with each others. Burglar damage seems to be quite good overall now, terribly constructed but DPS wise it seems about right.

15. Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    That's just bad idea considering how burglar damage buffs stack with each others. Burglar damage seems to be quite good overall now, terribly constructed but DPS wise it seems about right.
    Oh, that is completely fair! I was speaking in generalities and regarding how things were before the proposed changes. I have not tried things on beta, but I have faith in those who do and what they think of the current damage. If there is even a chance that people might consider having more than one Burglar along for something, rather than 6 Runekeepers for example, so that it actually matters that our debuffs are stackable, we are moving in the right direction

Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable...

'Legendary' Items - Tips, Tricks, and a Guide to the 'Grind' - a Legendary Items guide! (And a new Imbuing guide! and Essence guide!)

The Life and Times of Kaleigh Starshine: Curing insomnia, one reader at a time, and a proud resident of The Cottage of Pen and Play

my burglar would trade stackability of debuffs versus RK-like dps with runekeepers :P

so if runekeepers debuffs were allowed to stack and burglars debuffs not (just like most other classes debuffs), but burglars got 60k dps and runekeepers 35k, my burglar would be fine with that :P
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Zanishi View Post
    Burglars as a class have 2 DPS lines and 1 support line, to say they don't deserve comparative DPS is to say that mini's shouldn't be able to heal as good as an RK or a Guard should not be able to tank as good as a Warden.
    Not really, no. Minstrels are a primary healing line, so their damage is sub-par. Loremasters are a primary CC/Debuff Class, so their damage is sub-par. Guardians are a primary tanking class, so their damage is sub-par. Burglars are a little bit of everything- debuffs, CC, and damage, and their DPS is only subpar because 1) They lack a mitigation/armor debuff for T2 mobs and 2) They don't have an AoE option. The 1st should be addressed to some degree, in my opinion. The 2nd I'm in the middle of the road on. Burglar DPS is superb in T1 environment, and competent in T2 environment when supplied with an armor debuff from a champ or LM.

At the same time, to assume that every burg has all the outdated gear and bugged skill know-how to perform on any level considered reasonable would be just the same. Everyone complains about guards BPE/Restore rate, its what they do. Same for Mini's with healing, Caps with buffs, RKs with DPS the list goes on for every class, and its by their design. Unfortunately, Burgs by design, if given a comparable DPS, would mean breaking them in the moors especially with how many outdated/issues remain unfixed. Just the same for how Wargs are by design due to their need for low CD skills. And if you were to take this aspect away from any of them, they become worthless.
    I'm not sure I quite I understand you. Are you saying Burglars rely off of Provoke Mez/CDG/Dev Aim Cunning attack to remain competent in PvE, and their annoying effect on PvP is an unfortunate side effect? Keep in mind if we are talking about "comparable DPS" the measuring stick is the Fire RK, a class that benefits from the most broken DPS this game has ever provided (from what I can remember of the past 4 years). It's not just that Burglars are "weak," it's that RKs are broken. Also, on an unrelated note, Warg are not worthless without low CD escape skill, at least in their current form.

Turbine has chosen to lean on its DPS as a result, coming from that is what majority of Burgs do with the class, but ignored all its issues that prevent it from being useful in group scenarios. None of this is new or surprising, and none of it will change how the class is currently viewed or its use in the landscape of the game. Getting all riled up over Burgs getting a DPS that still wouldn't have them out DPS'ing an RK or Champ of equal skill just goes to show the fear of a long ignored class getting the same treatment every other class has gotten over the years. Ironically enough, the only place people are worried about Burgs is the moors, so take that to heart when analyzing the class.
    I do agree to an extent. It's a shame that Turbine decides to address flat DPS, rather than the numerous bugs and broken things with Burglars. Offhand crits? Nah. Bugged debuffs? Nah. FMs? Nah. Let's just buff something already broken. That being said, I'm not just annoyed about these changes from a PvMP stance, but also from someone who legitimately enjoys burglar in PvE. The class already heavily relies off of a single Bleed to do damage. Now we're going to massively increase that bleed? The class now needs even less thought to play competently.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrist View Post
    The issue here is that every AoE class also has a viable, and likely even superior (for that scenario), single target line or ability for use in single-target scenarios. Now matter how much ingenuity or brilliance a Burglar brings to an AoE scenario, they will be outmatched every time by the AoE classes choosing attacks nearly at random. But I would not propose giving Burglars the ability to AoE after all of these years, either. Ideally, the unique and thematic elements of the class should remain.
    I think this partly stems from the AoE heavy instances we've been given, and also the previously mentioned broken DPS capabilities of the Fire RK. Burglar and Champ DPS (with positional) is pretty close, with Champions (in my experience) getting a slight edge. But that's ok, considering we bring Reveal Weakness to the table.

I do believe that, given the Burglar's fragility steming from their being the only melee class that can only wear medium armor, that does not gain 5 points of Morale with every point of Vitality (obviously the essences have reduced the importance of this), and that does not have tanking traits and a dedicated trait line for survivability, Burglars should do the highest single-target DPS in the game. This is for PvE only, of course. It is going to take some creativity to balance Burglars for both PvE and PvP. Much of the survivability ability that makes Burglars so powerful in PvP barely warrants a footnote in PvE.
    I'm not sure why Burglars should do the highest single target DPS in game. I respect your opinion on the Burglar class as a whole, but where does that opinion stem from? We have two pure DPS classes (Hunter and Champion) that, in my opinion, should be the highest DPS-ers in game, yet Burglar should be the highest? Burglars are a Debuffing Stealth Class with respectable CC and high burst damage. Do we now give them highest sustained output as well? I simply cannot agree with that, no matter how buggy or situational that CC and Debuffing may be.

This would be fair if other classes did not have comparable debuffing abilities to Burglars, which is supposed to be the Burglar's thing. I am all for preserving the proper roles of the classes, but I think that ship has sailed, sadly. The best we can hope for is a semblance of balance with respect to the overall potency of each class as a whole.
    And I have to disagree here. With Throne T2, Disable, Enrage, Reveal Weakness, and Disabling gamble have all become crucial parts of fights. Granted Yellow/Blue line are buggy, but then let's call for a few bug fixes. I feel the Burglar community here has had a chance to call for Bug Fixes and to re-align the class with what it originally was, but instead we've had a mass movement of "give us DPS." I place partial blame on Turbine for not taking the time to actually play the game, and I blame the community as well.

Looking forward to what Build 2 for Bullroarer brings, but I'm afraid it'll only be a slightly tiered down Cunning Attack, and nothing more.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 13 Warg, Arkenstone~

Not really, no.
    I think you misunderstood what I said, but despite that Burg has 2 DPS lines, and I just don't see how that somehow doesn't make them a DPS class.

Minstrels are a primary healing line, so their damage is sub-par. Loremasters are a primary CC/Debuff Class, so their damage is sub-par. Guardians are a primary tanking class, so their damage is sub-par. Burglars are a little bit of everything
    I see where you were going if this was the 60-75 cap but in the modern lotro I really don't get this logic. If Burgs are a "little bit of everything" but can't AOE, range, or heal, why is this the excuse they get to make them not excel or even compare to anything over what other classes can actually do but better?

Turbine has Burgs listed as a Support Class just like you said. So lets address that their 1 line of "Support" is completely out classed by the other support classes which can dps, heal, buff, and debuff. So you may be right on how Turbine should address this, however if Turbine wants to stick with the support end of Burg then it needs a lot more help to be useful enough to compare to Captains and Loremasters. A lot more than a simple and cheap DPS bump which seems all that can be afforded right now.

I'm not sure I quite I understand you. Are you saying Burglars rely off of Provoke Mez/CDG/Dev Aim Cunning attack to remain competent in PvE, and their annoying effect on PvP is an unfortunate side effect?
    Taking aside that DPS part and keeping in mind burgs are a support class? Yes, definitely. Unfortunately there is a bit more to it than that because those 3 things are very small on the scale of things competitive burgs need to know about in order to be on a competitive level though it is a start. Things that have been bugged, outdated, and broken for years such as Feint Attack, Bleed stacking (if T fixed this I would be all for CA being what it is now), Movement Speed, Debuffs, Power control, and even BPE. Every class in game leans on the things they do best and sadly as it is in live, those 3 listed are minimal and the best burg has.

Keep in mind if we are talking about "comparable DPS" the measuring stick is the Fire RK, a class that benefits from the most broken DPS this game has ever provided (from what I can remember of the past 4 years). It's not just that Burglars are "weak," it's that RKs are broken. Also, on an unrelated note, Warg are not worthless without low CD escape skill, at least in their current form.
    So if we go back to burgs as a DPS class, I have to stop to point this out.

Fire RK is powerful, but so powerful its broken as a measuring stick for all DPS? The only part of that I can support out of that is how Fire RK can AOE and Single Target at the same time, giving them that edge over most DPS classes who have to choose one or the other (interesting thought on RK balance though). However, is their AOE better than a yellow Champs? no. How about their single target better than a Red champ? no. Fire RK does set the bar high but not so high that other classes can't compare, especially to classes who are given a choice. Burgs and Hunters in their hay day could not be beat in the single target department. Now? Kind of a joke since they both piddle out after 5 seconds of burst damage.

(my comments on wargs has nothing to do with escape skills but rather all their low CD attack skills making them capable of doing somewhat unintended things but *its by design*)

I do agree to an extent. It's a shame that Turbine decides to address flat DPS, rather than the numerous bugs and broken things with Burglars. Offhand crits? Nah. Bugged debuffs? Nah. FMs? Nah. Let's just buff something already broken. That being said, I'm not just annoyed about these changes from a PvMP stance, but also from someone who legitimately enjoys burglar in PvE. The class already heavily relies off of a single Bleed to do damage. Now we're going to massively increase that bleed? The class now needs even less thought to play competently.
    I tried to think how Turbine could address DPS for burgs and it is purely a by design flaw. Every burg skill would have to hit for 10k+ and have the potential to crit for 30k+. Because sadly thats what all other DPS classes can do, and if Turbine did that to burg it would devalue the big hitters (much like what happened to Epic Conclusion) and restructure the class. Which I guess I am not entirely opposed to, I am just an old dog who doesn't like change and I will put a reminder here that I think them upping the DPS like they did is ridiculous and does nothing to help the class where it needs help for group content.

I'm not sure why Burglars should do the highest single target DPS in game. I respect your opinion on the Burglar class as a whole, but where does that opinion stem from? We have two pure DPS classes (Hunter and Champion) that, in my opinion, should be the highest DPS-ers in game, yet Burglar should be the highest? Burglars are a Debuffing Stealth Class with respectable CC and high burst damage. Do we now give them highest sustained output as well? I simply cannot agree with that, no matter how buggy or situational that CC and Debuffing may be.
    Well again, if Burgs are to be accepted as a DPS class, having no variation or option on AOE, that should make their Single Target stand out above most and it should be comparative to the rest. Aside that Hunters should reserve more rights to a better DPS option, as far as a global comparative, all Single Target DPS should top out to be fairly similar (same for AOE as well). I do not really see how there can be a group desirability balance if otherwise.

But this is, funny enough, exactly what Turbine said they would do "Up DPS and survivability" nothing about fixing yellow line, nothing about fixing anything really. This is just optimistic minds hoping for long ignored classes get some real work rather than the creepy once over DPS/morale Buff.
    "There are things that go bump in the night. We're the ones who bump back." -BPRD

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    End Game Crafting with Guild gear should always be superior (or equal) to anything else. So give us the Guild recipes and the 110 Crafting Tier so we can do stuff worth something that is better (or maybe equal) to the end game T2C kindergartens we do not care about.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian | Calchiar CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite GRD, Armourer | Tarostel HNT, Armsman | Angredeth HNT, Tinker

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    End Game Crafting with Guild gear should always be superior (or equal) to anything else. So give us the Guild recipes and the 110 Crafting Tier so we can do stuff worth something that is better (or maybe equal) to the end game T2C kindergartens we do not care about.
    i disagree. guildcrafting should not be the best available stuff. it should just be good enough to play everything successfully.
    so actually, a full guild crafted set should overcap mits, have morale for dps around 30k, morale for tanks about 60-70k, mastery for dps around 80-90k and mastery for tanks 30k or something like that. plus crit+finesse for dps specs and critdef+avoidance for tankspecs. it should be a basis, but not the one-plus-ultra. and imo, it should be non-essence-stuff and essence-stuff should then be used for finetuning. but imo, essences are overused anyway. they should be limited to one or two per item, not make up most of our stats.

YES!!!
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (106)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (115)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    i disagree. guildcrafting should not be the best available stuff. it should just be good enough to play everything successfully.
    so actually, a full guild crafted set should overcap mits, have morale for dps around 30k, morale for tanks about 60-70k, mastery for dps around 80-90k and mastery for tanks 30k or something like that. plus crit+finesse for dps specs and critdef+avoidance for tankspecs. it should be a basis, but not the one-plus-ultra. and imo, it should be non-essence-stuff and essence-stuff should then be used for finetuning. but imo, essences are overused anyway. they should be limited to one or two per item, not make up most of our stats.
    I disagree with your disagreement.

Basically, there are two different groups of players -- those who belive that they deserve the best of everything because they love Raids; and those who belive that Raiding is the pits.

Favoring one over the other will always cause complaining, and sadly, making the two groups equal also generates massive complaining, especially from the Raiders who believe that they deserve the best.

While that attitude may be true for WoW and other MMOs, it is not true for LOTRO.
    However sadly, it is an attitude that generates revenue.

LOTRO has always been about the story -- and originally, it was about the fellowship play style. Both of those attitudes have been given up on favor of mamon.
    I suspect that right now, LOTRO's continued existence hinges upon the ability to generate income.
    The new Premium Housing points towards a resurgence of the belief in the subscription model as a way to keep the game alive.
    Expect more perks for VIP players.

Maybe we will discover that VIP players will get crafting capablites for lvl 110 gear, but F2P and (especially) Premium players will have to grind for the same gear.
    Biased, who me? Just because I have two Lifetime accounts?

And yes, I look forward to a new expansion, and have begun saving my pennies towards it.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (106)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (115)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Nope, nope, nope. Considering guid crafting literally takes no effort (since you get recipes on vendor..) making it the best armor is silly. However if recipes are rare drop and you need some recipe materials from hardest bosses in the game, it's entirely different thing. However in the end best armors will always be ones with good set bonuses and crafting armors won't have those.

Ideally guild crafting should be a bit better than daily armors and t1 armors but worse than T2 instance armor and way worse than raid armor. Rare drop T2CM recipe armors should be only worse to the raid armor imo. However there always can be one or two items that can be from stat standpoint better than anything else to keep it interesting.

But guild crafting is not part of U19. We would have seen it on first bullroarer build otherwise. There's a ton of upgraded armors and jewellery so itemization looks to be done at this point. It might be part of u19.2, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    I disagree with your disagreement.

Basically, there are two different groups of players -- those who belive that they deserve the best of everything because they love Raids; and those who belive that Raiding is the pits.

Favoring one over the other will always cause complaining, and sadly, making the two groups equal also generates massive complaining, especially from the Raiders who believe that they deserve the best.

While that attitude may be true for WoW and other MMOs, it is not true for LOTRO.
    However sadly, it is an attitude that generates revenue.

LOTRO has always been about the story -- and originally, it was about the fellowship play style. Both of those attitudes have been given up on favor of mamon.
    I suspect that right now, LOTRO's continued existence hinges upon the ability to generate income.
    The new Premium Housing points towards a resurgence of the belief in the subscription model as a way to keep the game alive.
    Expect more perks for VIP players.

Maybe we will discover that VIP players will get crafting capablites for lvl 110 gear, but F2P and (especially) Premium players will have to grind for the same gear.
    Biased, who me? Just because I have two Lifetime accounts?

And yes, I look forward to a new expansion, and have begun saving my pennies towards it.
    Well is the player base who likes gear to be behind gameplay wrong? Why game should award the absolutely best items for past time that takes no time or effort and doesn't encourage people to log back in after 20 minute of spend crafting time (amount of time it took me to gather materials and craft myself anorien jewellery for example). This is total suicide from MMO developer's standpoint. There are no gearing reason to log back in if getting gear is just matter of doing few recipes. If crafting items would be good, those should be locked behind hard content so gameplay is required to obtain them.

If it's about story to you what you care about gear anyway? Experiencing story is totally manageable without any fuss of gear. So in the end you are just as greedy of wanting the gear as other end of player base. There are no difference.

Also suggesting of P2W gearing is absolutely --- stop with those suggestions straight away. Everyone should be exactly on the same line no matter if you are lifetimer, VIP or premium.
    Last edited by siipperi; Sep 28 2016 at 02:35 PM.

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    No effort? You still have to get the damn symbols and shards plus some one-shot recipe if Eru is laughing at you...
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian | Calchiar CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite GRD, Armourer | Tarostel HNT, Armsman | Angredeth HNT, Tinker

No effort? You still have to get the damn symbols and shards plus some one-shot recipe if Eru is laughing at you...
    There will be no new LI crafting, shards costs like 10G on AH (or basically for free on skirmish camp), there are no one shot recipes on guild crafting.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast