We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New hobby, Mountain Climbing!

Quote Originally Posted by DaystarWarrior View Post
    New hobby, Mountain Climbing!
    I would love that, but it seems Scenario does not approve that lol

Well, right now my LM can summon her Lynx and one other, cosmetic pet (usually Willem's Cub). I have some other cosmetic cats too, and would be happy to be able to be followed around by an entire clowder. (Yes, that is the official term for a group of cats.) But how much code-wrangling it would take to put this in, only SSG knows.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Well, right now my LM can summon her Lynx and one other, cosmetic pet (usually Willem's Cub). I have some other cosmetic cats too, and would be happy to be able to be followed around by an entire clowder. (Yes, that is the official term for a group of cats.) But how much code-wrangling it would take to put this in, only SSG knows.
    There is a blue line skill that lets you summon a bunch of pets temporarily. I also remember some quest in the beacon hills that involved a bunch of lost sheeps following you. I guess it's not that problematic, but depending on the area you are, a filter should be needed for those players who can't handle loading other people's pets. haha

Quote Originally Posted by DiogoVP View Post
    There is a blue line skill that lets you summon a bunch of pets temporarily.
    Really? What is it called? I've trained essentially everything in blue line.

I also remember some quest in the beacon hills that involved a bunch of lost sheeps following you. I guess it's not that problematic, but depending on the area you are, a filter should be needed for those players who can't handle loading other people's pets. haha
    /e experiments

It appears I can summon one LM pet (my Onyx Lynx or the "little cat-friend" governed by Cat-speech), and one of the cosmetic cats (Rat-catcher cat, Very fancy cat, Willem's cub), but not more than one of each of the two kinds. Mpf.

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Really? What is it called? I've trained essentially everything in blue line.

/e experiments

It appears I can summon one LM pet (my Onyx Lynx or the "little cat-friend" governed by Cat-speech), and one of the cosmetic cats (Rat-catcher cat, Very fancy cat, Willem's cub), but not more than one of each of the two kinds. Mpf.
    Its "Sic 'em!"

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Sic_'em!

Sergio :-)

Note: Its correct, at the same time a Lore-master only can to summon a combat pet and a cosmetic pet, not more (except the short time for Sic 'em! skill).
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    Its "Sic 'em!"
    Yes, but they only hang around for

/e checks tooltip

twenty seconds.

Note: Its correct, at the same time a Lore-master only can to summon a combat pet and a cosmetic pet, not more (except the short time for Sic 'em! skill).
    So I'm limited to a clowder of two. Oh well.

It's pretty cool that this idea was at least partially implemented in game, although it seems a lot less exciting the way it is. I haven't bought the new quest pack though, so I can't say much about it.
    I hope they turn this into a hobby in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by DiogoVP View Post
    It's pretty cool that this idea was at least partially implemented in game, although it seems a lot less exciting the way it is. I haven't bought the new quest pack though, so I can't say much about it.
    I hope they turn this into a hobby in the future!
    You're hobby idea was great. Unfortunately, I think SSG missed the thread, because what we have now, is extremely tedious "end game", that should have been a hobby.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Extremely tedious, it's like they heard we like Anniversary fest scavenger hunts and so decided to make a mindless cross-country expedition with no real pay off. That you then have to repeat 5 more times.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    You're hobby idea was great. Unfortunately, I think SSG missed the thread, because what we have now, is extremely tedious "end game", that should have been a hobby.
    Thank you! I guess they missed it too...
    Yeah I heard those types of commentaries about it from friends too... it's really sad, because it could have been a lot more interesting if it worked more similarly to the way that was suggested in this thread!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2