We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Imbued LI Passives - Change Token/Scroll or Mithril Coin Service

Being able to change the passives on your imbued weapon would be a welcome addition to the lotro store / game and no doubt a popular purchase:

This could be either:

• Through the use of mithril coins as an extension to the existing imbued LI system (which currently enables us to change legacies post imbuement)
    • A lotro store token/scroll that can be applied to an imbued LI

Regards,

Knight

p.s. once again thank you so much for taking on board player feedback and bringing paid server transfers back online in a timely fashion

I wonder if current 105s would be ok with building brand new Imbue'd LIs from scratch if the ability to swap passives on them required new LI crafting, and wasn't backwards compatible.

Sorry, but this is a bad idea. Corrently crafters can make money a bunch of diferent ways, but their major paycheck arrives when they get lucky and craft a perfect LI. It's one of the very few things that is still valuable in-game.

We are drifting away from being able to make money in-game and towards a system where the only way to make money is buying and selling store-bought items (solvent, BoV). This was a conscious decision by Turbine when they made FA symbols, scrolls of empowerment, cystals, essences etc, easily accessible and cheap.
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

as i dont like rng, i support this idea.
    i could not care less about crafters losing their 2000 gold on 2% of crafted items. i sell my cooldowns for 10g each anyway.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Why do we need another grind on top of what we already have? Or as the idea suggests, another p2w.
    Trait point grind not enough?
    Empower grind not enough?
    Essence grind not enough?
    Solvent p2w not enough?

Quote Originally Posted by NeebPlayer View Post
    Why do we need another grind on top of what we already have? Or as the idea suggests, another p2w.
    Trait point grind not enough?
    Empower grind not enough?
    Essence grind not enough?
    Solvent p2w not enough?
    sure, its better if passives can be changed just like that without having to buy something from the store.
    and fair, as passives affect only half of classes.
    hunter, burglar, championinyellow, warden, blue guardian, minstrel are not affected at all.
    rk, cappy, red/bluechamp, red/yellowguard, beorn are affected as they use 2handweapons.
    loremaster is double-affected as his book has a powerful passive bonus, too.

why should some classes be 'forced' to buy something from the shop, while others can just use their very first crafted items and be done with it forever.
    why should some classes 'need to' craft in average 50 items, when others only need one?
    thats not fair.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Xvaliant View Post
    Being able to change the passives on your imbued weapon would be a welcome addition to the lotro store / game and no doubt a popular purchase:

This could be either:

• Through the use of mithril coins as an extension to the existing imbued LI system (which currently enables us to change legacies post imbuement)
    • A lotro store token/scroll that can be applied to an imbued LI
    Just gonna go ahead and add my name to the list of people wanting this option. It took me a dozen attempts to get the passives on my lore-master staff, especially as now that the weapons are with us for good I wanted the best stats I could get. On top of that I had 9 attempts at getting my lore-master book. I would have happily paid whatever amount in TP (and I do mean whatever amount!) if it meant I could get the passives I want without having to go through all of that.

Well..., I don't care. Let them do this for those who want it. Having the best passives plays such a small part in how well you play a toon, anyway.

We need this, but not for MC. Not for real-world money.

The situation is already a game imbalance -- some classes are substantially disadvantaged, some classes are completely unaffected. The solution to such a design problem can't be to make the affected players pay money.

Any update / thoughts from Turbine on this please?
    This is one of those things you hear people mention regular in game or on TeamSpeak that would be great to have on the lotro store, followed by a whole bunch of people saying "I'd pay for that"
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Raging Raiders

passive change would really be appreciated. with my luck i crafted more than 10 first age runestones every single one with power and/or power regen.
    i dont see how could one even make money of crafting those. make 50 LI, and sell 1 good one you get that would not even cover the cost of used symbols

We need this in game, either as a MC option, a store option or as a guilded crafting recipe with a weekly cooldown

Given the permanent nature of Imbued Legendary Items, I personally agree that this would be a good addition to the game.

However, for something as major as directly changing the actual stats of an item like this, it would likely be best if the process of doing so is very long, complicated, and difficult to accomplish (balanced by not having to get rid of the item with each level cap increase) -- and even then, only being able to change one passive stat each time. While multiple paths could exist toward the same end, for both soloing and groups, I suspect that (using a frequent T2 raider as a baseline here) two months of constant, solid work as a bare minimum to change one passive stat would be reasonably balanced, and even longer for less difficult content or soloing.

This could also double as a method to slightly increase the amount of a passive stat on a class item like a Champion's Rune (-X% power cost to skills of a certain type) each time, up to their normal maximum.

With the number of Scrolls of Empowerment and Star-lit Crystals needed these days, being able to gradually reshape the passive stats on an Imbued Legendary Item would provide a long-term goal -- or, perhaps you just might get lucky and craft one with the perfect stats on it, or see one being sold by another player. If changing or improving a passive stat only once is going to take so long (months, realistically), then acquiring a Legendary Item with the desired passive stats on it already would be a huge boon, thereby not hampering the market price of said "perfect" Legendary Items too much.

EDIT: Also, this would be something I personally do not see fitting well in the LOTRO Store -- or even purchasable with Mithril Coins -- if it's a very long-term process by normal means. I see this as something which needs to be earned through effort.
    Last edited by RingOfFire; Dec 25 2016 at 04:46 PM.
    [B][I]One less Orc in the world is a good thing, and one less leader among the Orcs is a great thing.[/I][/B]

Agree scroll or whatever to change the passives from an LI is must.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

Wondering if any action is planned on this suggestion.

While a way to level the playing field between classes that use 2h weapons and/or class items with grind first ages worthy bonuses and classes with 1h weapon/straightforward class items without spend lp would be nice, spending lp for a scroll that enables changing passives is something I would do in preference to re-re-re-re-re-rolling 1st ages (x 20 and more for some) or that + redoing crystals and soes on an already imbued LI. The later is my circumstance as I didn't have the resources to roll more than 5 1st ages when lvl 100 and face the dilemma of continuing to dump crystals and soes into a maxed 105 but just ok LI, or rerolling + re-grinding soes and crystals to re-level the new LI.

A store scroll would resolve this dilemma, something like 500lp per passive or 1250 for all 3 and you have a customer - and likely a great number besides me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonde View Post
    A store scroll would resolve this dilemma, something like 500lp per passive or 1250 for all 3 and you have a customer - and likely a great number besides me too.
    You want us to have to pay 10-15 bucks to fix an inequality with other classes?
    Last edited by Inkling; Sep 13 2017 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkling View Post
    You want us to have to pay 10-15 bucks to fix an inequality with other classes?
    No, but the gross inequity between classes has been raised since the introduction of LIs - for 8 years. It is reasonable to conclude it is not regarded as a priority to address and that with fewer development resources now than previously it won't be.

The (unsatisfactory) workaround was to put up with semi decent for 10 levels since would be rerolling. This is no longer possible with imbuement for lvl 100 LI and forces 2H users into massively costly grind of 1st ages or investing 250+ scrolls of empowerment and 20 starlits into an unsatisfying LI.

The cost whether $5 (500 lp is closer to $5 than $10) or time grinding lp is far far less than the soe and starlit grind which makes paying attractive to players, while sales gives SSG incentive to be the ones to address this longstanding issue.