We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 153
  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Munzel View Post
    Don`t forget your Players in England, France, Germany and others in Europe...They are 6 Hours behind your Festivals Times ...
    Ahead*

  2. #52
    Ok thx, Ahead to the Us Times*

  3. #53
    Thanks

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan_ View Post
    Event: Start Time: End Time:
    25% Skirmirsh Mark 11/23/16@10am 11/29/16@3am
    VIP Event boost 11/23/16@10am 11/29/16@3am
    Cordovan, someone asked me to explain what a "VIP Event Boost" is. My guess is that those "two" events are actually one and that the Skirmish Mark bonus is for VIPs only. Am I correct or is the 25% Smirmish Mark bonus for everyone and the "VIP Event Boost" is something else entirely? If the latter, please clarify for some of us addled brain hobbitses
    Fatefoot Overdown BRG - Dhinli GRD - Balanir CPT - Garafryn HNT - Palbo MNS - Gilgilieth CHN

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatefoot View Post
    Cordovan, someone asked me to explain what a "VIP Event Boost" is. My guess is that those "two" events are actually one and that the Skirmish Mark bonus is for VIPs only. Am I correct or is the 25% Smirmish Mark bonus for everyone and the "VIP Event Boost" is something else entirely? If the latter, please clarify for some of us addled brain hobbitses
    Skirmish mark is almost always for everyone.

    VIP Event Boost is generally either 100% XP boost for VIPs or some sort of Crafting Boost.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,607
    Cordovan, remember to update the schedule in your first post with the new info about Yule.

    Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

  7. #57
    Just want to leave a comment.

    For years and years we "The community" have been told over and over that "the game does not need to update to launch a festival we can simply flip a switch and turn it on" Why now after 9 years has this suddenly changed. Is it because items from the update for crafting the new essences appear in the festival? Why could they not have been added after the festival started. Just wondering why the change? I doubt I will get an "honest" answer

    Me: Please Add Draigoch Scales to the Skrimish Camp or Rep Barter Vendors in Dunland We are 30 Levels Past that Content
    Other forum members: You want it... do the content
    Me: Yeah I see your point
    Other forum members: Please add trait points to the store and more valor options so we dont have to run content
    Me: O.o ... Seriously?

    The Lag is So Bad, I just Saw Sara Oakheart Outrun Someone

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,804
    Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    Just want to leave a comment.

    For years and years we "The community" have been told over and over that "the game does not need to update to launch a festival we can simply flip a switch and turn it on" Why now after 9 years has this suddenly changed. Is it because items from the update for crafting the new essences appear in the festival? Why could they not have been added after the festival started. Just wondering why the change? I doubt I will get an "honest" answer
    If you had actually read Cordovan's announcement of the delay you would have known the answer: There are new items for this festival, and to add them requires an update. (It has always been the case that adding new stuff requires an update.)
    They could indeed have added them in an update after the festival had already started, but they chose not to do so.

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    If you had actually read Cordovan's announcement of the delay you would have known the answer: There are new items for this festival, and to add them requires an update. (It has always been the case that adding new stuff requires an update.)
    They could indeed have added them in an update after the festival had already started, but they chose not to do so.
    To add to this, yes I believe there is a chance of getting the new craft items related to essences. This is a rare case where the festival can drop an item directly related to an update. That's explains the connection. Seems clear the right thing to do was move it back a week. Given that they've extended things by a week, I'm not why there's even an issue here. It''s nice that people seem excited for it, but this handled fine in my opinion.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    Just want to leave a comment.

    For years and years we "The community" have been told over and over that "the game does not need to update to launch a festival we can simply flip a switch and turn it on" Why now after 9 years has this suddenly changed. Is it because items from the update for crafting the new essences appear in the festival? Why could they not have been added after the festival started. Just wondering why the change? I doubt I will get an "honest" answer
    We don't need a game update to turn a festival on or off, but do need an update when we add new game data in the form of items.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We don't need a game update to turn a festival on or off, but do need an update when we add new game data in the form of items.
    .
    Ok sorry I may have mis-read the announcement but thank you for the reply. I do appreciate it

    Maybe Turbine can use one of these suggestions
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...24#post7675724

    Me: Please Add Draigoch Scales to the Skrimish Camp or Rep Barter Vendors in Dunland We are 30 Levels Past that Content
    Other forum members: You want it... do the content
    Me: Yeah I see your point
    Other forum members: Please add trait points to the store and more valor options so we dont have to run content
    Me: O.o ... Seriously?

    The Lag is So Bad, I just Saw Sara Oakheart Outrun Someone

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We don't need a game update to turn a festival on or off, but do need an update when we add new game data in the form of items.
    Players still would have had the ability to begin collecting festival tokens in advance of the new rewards. My friend was really looking forward to starting it today with some rare free time they had.
    BREGLOR · BRIFFO · ELIZA · APEY · RIFFO
    THE TEAM · GLADDEN

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    244

    Angry

    great update!!!
    client keep failing...........
    great update thanks!!!
    10 years lotro enthousiast, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    244
    You might want to wait till servers are back online dude

    ...just saying...
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
    Officer in the Elders kinship - http://www.theelders.org.uk/
    We have left the wandering spark (Gilrain) to find the Song of Gold (Laurelin)...

  15. #65
    While I know we're all still in Holiday mode, just wanted to note that we've almost run out of Events for the calendar (the Yule Festival & Buried Treasure events are still active). Could we please have an update?

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    105

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by AccessDenied View Post
    While I know we're all still in Holiday mode, just wanted to note that we've almost run out of Events for the calendar (the Yule Festival & Buried Treasure events are still active). Could we please have an update?
    I was even looking for the next day when wed have buried again and found out that yule itself is not updated. Once im new, let me ask: can we trust the calendar?

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno_Lotro View Post
    I was even looking for the next day when wed have buried again and found out that yule itself is not updated. Once im new, let me ask: can we trust the calendar?
    Why you say Yule is not updatedt? Its marked 12/19 to 01/16, i think its the correct dates...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan_ View Post
    Here is the current events schedule. Please note that events and their start and stop times can change.

    ALL TIMES EASTERN. Click here for a time zone conversion tool from Timeanddate.com


    Event: Start Time: End Time:
    Yule Festival 12/19/16@10am 1/16/17@3am
    25% XP Boost 12/22/16@10am 12/27/16@3am
    Buried Treasure Event 12/29/16@10am 1/3/17@3am
    Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    105

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    Why you say Yule is not updatedt? Its marked 12/19 to 01/16, i think its the correct dates...



    Sergio :-)
    My friend, when youre logged, check this link :

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/calendar.php

    Please tell me the 'range' of Yule...

    and tell me whats the 'end date' for it ...

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    244
    Happy New Year to you Cordovan and the rest of the SSG team

    I somehow missed it, but was it mentioned the Yuletide festival has been extended, if only for a day? The launcher and main website say 15th January whereas it has always been 16th Jan here. But I have seen chat claiming it had been discussed by SSG that an extension would occur due to some server down time. At lot of people ask in world chat and we don't have the definite answer for them, would be nice to let them know.

    Looking forward to the new events list and what 2017 brings.
    And it's the big one, 10th Anniversary for LOTRO, I've started the first nudge on Laurelin to see if we can get a player party/festival going

    -- Ranatuor (aka Tim)
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
    Officer in the Elders kinship - http://www.theelders.org.uk/
    We have left the wandering spark (Gilrain) to find the Song of Gold (Laurelin)...

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno_Lotro View Post
    My friend, when youre logged, check this link :

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/calendar.php

    Please tell me the 'range' of Yule...

    and tell me whats the 'end date' for it ...
    My apologies, you was speaking about the "Calendar" option in the menu ( https://www.lotro.com/forums/calendar.php )... i never to check it, i only check the first post in the thread. OP is normally accurate, "Calendar", no idea, lol.

    Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    105

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    My apologies, you was speaking about the "Calendar" option in the menu ( https://www.lotro.com/forums/calendar.php )... i never to check it, i only check the first post in the thread. OP is normally accurate, "Calendar", no idea, lol.

    Sergio :-)
    I believe ill follow your idea ; )

    Thanks

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by AccessDenied View Post
    While I know we're all still in Holiday mode, just wanted to note that we've almost run out of Events for the calendar (the Yule Festival & Buried Treasure events are still active). Could we please have an update?
    Yes, this is on my list of Things to Do.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

  23. #73
    It is nice to have so many activities and events, really thankful, don't get me wrong please, but would like to point out that is now indeed too much for some of us. New Herbalist quests, Yule festival, Treasure Hunt, all at the same time. I got kin members setting up alarm clocks to be able to manage most of it while having days off during holidays. Can't we have it a bit more stretched and moderate so to say? Us with many alts, job and family would appreciate

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    749
    I'll be working to update the schedule next week once everything's finalized, but Hobnanigans is active through Sunday.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

  25. #75
    *gives a gentle nudge*

    It looks we will get the presses rolling again with the Landy Lately this week, so if there's any chance of the OP being updated by Tuesday, I can get it into this week's paper. Otherwise, it'll just go in the next week's edition.
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 25 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.
    If you would like to sponsor an event for our 8th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy, please PM me!

 

 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload