We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Legion of the Silent River

The Legion of the Silent River
    We Art Legion

And we art Recruiting! Come join one of the older kinships around. Founded around 2010, and then re-started three years ago, the Legion of the Silent River has established itself as a force to be reckoned with! We raid, we skirm, we party, and we have a great deal of fun!

At over 120 members, we’re not small, but our open and familial atmosphere sure makes us seem so! Members constantly strive to help each other out, and experienced Officers are nearly always on hand to answer tough questions, help with quests or instances, or simply chat!

Our membership is not only friendly, it’s multilingual! From both coasts of the US to Europe, Middle East, and beyond, we have a little mix of everything and everyone, at almost all hours! So, if English is not your first language or you have an obscure time zone, don’t worry! It’s likely you’ll have a friend!

As its leader, I’m proud of each and every member, and truly humbled that so many people share my dream. We’ve survived the server consolidation, moving from Imladris to Crickhollow, and we’ve done nothing but grow from Day 1. It truly moves me each time I consider it.

And above all, we are always ready to welcome new members into our family.

You can gain entrance, or learn more, by shouting on world for an Officer, sending a letter to Findurian, or simply responding to this thread. We look forward to having you!

Check out our Facebook page too! www.facebook.com/weartlegion

Findurian
    Leader of the Legion of the Silent River
    "All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Tolkien [Player since 2010, forums since 2013]

Red face Evendim RT Hunt! Saturday, Sept 24

Hello Everyone!

Here’s the details on this Saturday’s Evendim Roving Threat Rideout Details!

We’ll be meeting up at 1200 EST (1700 London) at the kinhouse! From there, we’ll port to Evendim at 1210. At Evendim, we’ll obtain and share the Roving threat quests.

Now, there are a total of three roving threats out there. There are a total of ten possible spawn locations, which we’ll hit in a circuit until we’ve killed them all. The map is on the Facebook page for your perusal.

We’re going to need at least four level 90+ characters to take these things down. Please feel free to join the hunt no matter what level you are! It offers us an opportunity to work as a team, and it’s a great way to gain experience hunting RTs.

Remember, RT coins can unlock awesome gifts and First Age weapons at vendors, and the quests offer xp! Should we be fortunate to knock out all three Evendim ones in short order, we will go out to Central Gondor and hunt some of those out there!

See you there!
    Fin
    Findurian
    "All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Tolkien [Player since 2010, forums since 2013]

Post Kinship Bulletin 08 OCT 2016

Hello Everyone!

I hope our South-East Coasters are safe and dry from Matthew’s fury! Our thoughts are with those there!

And now, the news!

Dragon sightings continue to be reported, but at a tempo much less than originally, thanks to the efforts of a RT hunt through Western Gondor today! All five RTs were successfully taken down, and thanks to those who came out! See you at the next one!

The kinchest is stocked with goodies waiting for you to take! Go give it a look!

OFFICER INTEREST MEETING coming! There will be an Officer Interest Meeting at the kinhouse on the 29th of October, at 1200 Eastern! That’s a Saturday! If you want to learn about becoming an officer, or want to become one, please be punctual!

Officer Training 5 will be held on the 22nd of October, meet at the kinchest at 1400 Eastern/1900 London. We will cover The Debrief! We’ll repeat Training 3 immediately following!

Plenty of stuff coming up, so I hope to see you there!
    Regards, Findurian
    Findurian

Post Kinship Bulletin 16 OCT 2016

Hello Legionaries!

Again, my apologies for the delayed bulletin. Here’s the news!

Update 19 arrives tomorrow! Prepare for more epic content without a level cap increase! The Black Gate lies ahead, so let’s work together to enter Mordor!

A word on Premium housing: Premium housing is here! You’re able to buy an epic, massive house for Mithril while keeping your more traditional house as well! Maintenance can be paid in gold. HOWEVER, the kinhouse is either/or, not to mention super-expensive! So we’ll be keeping out Shire hobbit-hole.

***Date/Time Moved*** Officer Training 5 will be held on the 21st of October, meet at the kinhouse at 1600 Eastern/2100 London. We will cover The Debrief! We’ll repeat Training 3 right after for those who missed it!

OFFICER INTEREST MEETING ahead! The Officer Interest Meeting will be at the kinhouse on the 29th of October, at 1200 Eastern! That’s a Saturday! If you want to learn about becoming an officer, or want to become one, please be punctual!

At Your Service,
    Fin
    Findurian

Thumbs up Kinship Bulletin Nov 6!

Hello Everyone!

I hope you're enjoying that extra hour, and most importantly, I hope your clocks are working because you're gonna need them for the upcoming fun!

~Next Tuesday, the 15th of November, the Legion will be hosting a Sarnur Raid! It will begin at 1600 Eastern US (2100 London) and will be fun for all levels! More details will emerge this week! It is open to all players, regardless of kin! Plus, Key and Lootbox giveaways! Don't miss!

~From what feedback I received, the Legion is not interested in crowdfunding a giant Kinship Island in Belfalas at this time.

~Do you creep? One of our new members, Throlia, has mentioned she runs a creepside group! If you creep, be sure to ask for details!

~Are you active and looking for something new? Try an Officership! Let Fin know by mail if you are interested in being a Legion Officer! We want more to meet a growing need!

Kinchest: Could do to lose a few items!

Till next time!
    Fin
    Findurian

Smile Kinship Bulletin 27 Nov!

Greetings All!

I had tons of fun with those who came out to the Tanks-giving raids! Everyone seemed to get something, and we got a ton of rep and items that will work their way to the kinchest in time!

Plenty of stuff coming up!

On Dec. 3, Second Breakfast is hosting a Derby! Large gold prizes for winners! Visit the forums, under Player Events, to find out more! Registration required.

Ready for Yule fest? We are too! The Legion will be hosting a number of events throughout Yule, to include a snowball fight, hide and go seek, and even a race! Stay tuned for more details!

Prepare yourselves for the New Year! On January 14th, the Legion will host a raid on DRAIGOCH'S LAIR. This event will be all-hands-on-deck, and you DON'T want to miss out! See the fb page or forums for complete details. Registration through Fin required.

The kinchest, as always, holds plenty of goodies! Go check it out!

Till next time!
    Fin
    Findurian

Post Legion Bulletin: 14 January!

Hello Everyone!

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!
    The Legion’s Draigoch Raid was a wild success! A big thank-you to the 17 players who came out to do it, without them, we could not defeat the dragon after only a few defeats! Now, for sale: one dragon, slightly dead.
    That was a lot of fun, and we learned a ton as well! Unfortunately, we did not get a Draigoch fireplace, This means there will be more Saturday Draigoch Raids! Stay tuned!

Upcoming Rideout! There will be a POI rideout for the region Eregion coming up in two weeks! We’ll be gathering at the kinhouse at 1200 Eastern/1700 London to port to Echad Dunann. While there, we’ll be riding around killing anything and everything while visiting each point of interest! Save the date: Sat, Jan 28!

The kinchest has some room! Consider mailing items you wish to share to Fincarion for cycling through the chest if it is full!

Officer meeting in February coming up!

That's all for now! See you around!
    Findurian
    Findurian

Post Legion Bulletin: 24 Feb - 03 Mar

Greetings Legion and friends!

Here are some of the fun things coming!

There will be a rideout coming on March 10! I'll be celebrating my 22nd birthday with a long, winding ride through one of my favorite regions: Enedwaith! It will take place at 1600 Eastern/2100 London. Meet at the kinhouse!

You'll undoubtedly notice that the kinhouse furniture has moved around a bit! I took advantage of the new housing update to make the place a bit more coherent: let me know what you think!

I do want to mention that I will be returning to inactivity boot dates for members and alts. Again, if your alt is clearly marked and you have been active within the guidelines set forth in the Kin Guide, then don't worry! I won't boot them.

That's all for now!

Yours,
    Findurian
    Findurian

Post Kin Bulletin 12 Mar - 18 Mar!

Hello Kin!

Thank you all those who came out to my little birthday rideout! I'm very touched by all the kind messages and well-wishes. You guys truly are the best!

You'll notice there is a new item in the front yard! Yes, it's an Ingredient Crate! Every character may use it once a day to grab 3 Universal Ingredient Packs! I hope you all find it useful!

Upcoming Events: We'll take them as they come! I'm looking to run a few things every weekend, like Tower of Orthanc and a Draigoch run or two! And in-between, anything and everything! Just hop on Saturdays at 1400 EST/1900 London and we'll see what happens!

A big welcome and hello to our new players! If you haven't met them, be sure to do!

The weekly code is IMBLUE for a vial of Evendim Blue dye!

That is all for now!

Yours,
    Fin
    Findurian

New player looking for a kinship

hello future friends [i hope :P]

I am brand new to the game and want to play on crickethollow? with you guys [if you'll have me]

what are the joining requirements ?

i am male, over 18yrs old and plan on playing frequently please msg me with contact details etc and i will update with my char name etc ... once the game is finished downloading and i can get in
    thanks for your time,
    echo

PM sent!

Hello Echo! I've sent you reply in a PM via the forums!

Regards,
    Fin
    Findurian

Post Legion Bulletin: 11 April- 16 April!

Salutations Legion!

Another week has passed, and more news has arrived!

A letter long awaited came by post to me today! We are to receive a wonderful honor! I won't spoil the surprise, BUT be sure to read the next edition of the LOTRO Beacon!!!

Officers, be sure to read world consistently! People are looking to join us!

LOTRO has made it 10 years as a game and community! For an mmorpg, this is an incredible milestone. I'm quite glad I can celebrate this with you! Our own milestone is near: we are coming up on 4 years! Ahead come some great opportunities:

On April 20th, the Anniversary Event Begins! Get thee to the Party Tree!
    A Scavenger hunt! Quests and rewards galore!
    ...and much more to be announced!

I'll be on this weekend, and I'm looking to help as many as I can! If you are on and need help, or want to run something, just let me know and I will gladly help!

A big welcome to our new friends and members! We're glad to have you, do let us know if you need anything!

Until then,
    Your Servant,
    Fin

PS: I'll be getting back to forum posting again, I've been a bit negligent. My sincerest apologies!
    Findurian

Looking forward to joining you all, just cant seem to get past this silly 201 error. Once I beat that I would very much like to be part of your Kin

Congratulations on making it into the LOTRO Beacon! I'm glad to see a great Crickhollow kinship get mentioned.
    Rosalie from Crickhollow's Second Breakfast
    Community events reporter at lotroplayers.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SHIREFEST--coming to Crickhollow's Methel-stage June 16th-18th
    Visit secondbreakfast.guildlaunch.co m & crickhollowmusic.guildlaunch.c om
    Our weekly events--Fridays 9pm: Bread & Jam at the Prancing Pony
    Saturdays 1pm: Breakfast Club plays at Bree-town's South Gate
    Saturdays 4:30pm: Dulcet Tones play at the fountain in front of the Pony
    Sundays at 11am and Mondays at 11pm: Elevenses at the Bird & Baby
    Wednesdays at 11am & 10:30pm: Midweek Tunes & Ales around Eriador
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Find out about the kinships of Crickhollow at crickhollowkins.tumblr.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, I have gotten my PC issues taken care of, and if you are still recruiting I would very much like to be apart of your Kinship. I have my first character a human hunter named Aerothorne. I hope to see you in game

Quote Originally Posted by yossalu View Post
    Congratulations on making it into the LOTRO Beacon! I'm glad to see a great Crickhollow kinship get mentioned.
    Thanks so much for your kind words! I'm truly grateful to all the players that make our kin what it is, and I'm always glad to see we've been noticed! See you in-game!
    Regards,
    Fin
    Findurian

Quote Originally Posted by lukus1999 View Post
    Hello, I have gotten my PC issues taken care of, and if you are still recruiting I would very much like to be apart of your Kinship. I have my first character a human hunter named Aerothorne. I hope to see you in game
    Hey there Aerothorne! I hope your computer issues have been fixed for good! I've sent you some in-game mail a couple days ago, but unfortunately I haven't been on (college finals are here) to check. I did provide you with some Officer names, so I hope you're in by now! If not, shoot me a PM here or on Facebook and I'll rectify the situation immediately!

Regards,
    Fin
    Findurian