We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

B/P/E on my minstrel

Ok, call me crazy guys but since I feel I got more than enough morale and still got room to upgrade essences/gear, I was thinking, why shouldn't I slot in some block, parry or evade?
    Only the newer stuff in t2 need high morale levels and that morale is easy reached tbh. In raids there are captains too so morale goes even higher.
    With our huge hps, we agro pretty much so I was thinking on b/p/e. Drop 3 morales or so to slot it (making a swap necklace or so). It's only a minor loss of morale.

Stupid idea? Or worth the try?

Mind me, I got all other stats on appropriate levels, it's just basicly upgrading/stacking morale from there on. So why not a bit more defence?

I made math for this during u18 beta. I can't remember it anymore but by sacrificing small amount of morale you could lower incoming damage quite significantly. In my opinion experiencing with 3-4 evade essences isn't bad idea on trash heavy fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Drawbar View Post
    ...I was thinking, why shouldn't I slot in some block, parry or evade? ... Stupid idea? Or worth the try?
    I think it is not worth to try. There are several reasons to make me think so:

1. Might and Agi classes get some base avoidances for free, Will classes do not.
    2. To be effective, you will need pretty large amounts of BPE for T2 content (over 10k each). Small amounts make no difference.
    3. Many high damage attacks showing highest risk to your life are unavoidable.
    4. Minstrels are not that often target for avoidable attacks.

If you slot three avoidance essences, raising your BPE rates around 4-5k, it will not make any kind of difference to your survivability.
    Laurelin freeps: Tamien (R8 Warden) - Tanie (R9 Champion) - Tamieth (Hunter) - Tamia (Minstrel) - Challenger of Gothmog
    Laurelin extras: Tamyah (Baby Captain) - Netta (Baby Lore-master) - Yasmint (Cook)
    Laurelin creeps: Tamratz (R9 Warg) - Tambash (R8 Blackarrow)

I have wondered about this myself. Minis do carry shields and so get a block stat. Is there value in adding a block essence to reduce damage when one of those quays trolls decides to come over and pound on me?

Well, the unavoidable attacks aren't killing me tbh.. But trash mobs and huge amount of adds are sometimes a problem. I still survive tho. But yeah, I do think trading in, lets say, 3k morale for evades, is not a bad idea.
    Damage not taken, is morale not needed to heal imho.

@Siipperi; What % do you get with, let's say, 3 evades? And is evade the most usefull? (I suppose so I think)

Well, the unavoidable attacks aren't killing me tbh.. But trash mobs and huge amount of adds are sometimes a problem. I still survive tho. But yeah, I do think trading in, lets say, 3k morale for evades, is not a bad idea.

@Siipperi; What % do you get with, let's say, 3 evades? And is evade the most usefull? (I suppose so I think)
    1 evade essences gives about 3k rating. so you get at 9k. t2cap for full evade is about 12.5k, after that, you only get partial evasion up. so i'd take four.
    remember, that enemies in t2 ignore parts of your bpe rating. so using small amounts has no effect at all. about oneandahalf essence are negated by t2-buffs.
    evade is the most useful as it gets used on all physical attacks. block goes only to the front and parry only to front+melee attacks.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

I had test builds where I used all 3 avoidance types but it's quite easily to be seen that parry is just waste of stat for minstrel and block is meh, because lets be honest, if you get targeted you most likely try to kite, thus imo using only evade is the real option here. If you slot 6-8 evades you should be around 18-23k rating and you should have about +/-30% avoidance % (partials + full). Damage lowers quite a bit by this and in theory you can still have over 55k morale in group with 8 evades slotted. I haven't used avoidance more than just few experiments and scrapped it but I don't see real reason why it couldn't be useful at times.

So by quick math, you lose 7800 morale but gain about 30% avoidance (of course because of much of that is partials damage is still quite high) but for 50k minstrel it means 16% morale loss but in theory about 20%+ less damage. But usefulness of this is very situational at the best as said - just like for any tank class.

Thanks for the numbers guys, I'm certainly going to try that live.. I'll start out with 3 or 4 evades on a swap piece.
    I'm not a number crusher, but the overall "feel" in playing will at least give me a clue if it's usefull to slot more, none or keep it like that.
    And ofc, situational use only

Heck, maybe I'll slot the partial relic too Let's go crazy, haha!

So what LI rune is best for healing mini in T2C raids?
    My dps LIs have Westemnet Rune of Wisdom (-2.5% Attack Duration; 35 Will & 727 Evade)
    Is it worth slotting True Rune of the First Battle (606 Parry & Evade; 2% partial Parry mit; 4 Partial Evade mit)?
    Anything better?

I've logged in to play in CA,TX,GA,DC,IL,MN,ID,OR,NV
    As a minstrel, a +40 Might tome adds +120 Block & +80 Parry. I believe Agility is to Evade as Might is to Block.

With a +16 Agility tome, I have +1,611 Evade.
    With a +14 Might tome, I have +1,485 Block and +990 Parry.

All in all, with my shield, I have 2,335 (4.3%) Block, 2,912 (6.3%) Evade, and 3,186 (5.7%) Parry. That's a 16.3% chance for an attack to completely miss (when attacked in a frontal cone -- when attacked from the rear you won't block/parry any of it).

I have not slotted any BEP essences.
    2017: 6 levels and an instance! As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.