We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

DDO is getting a new expansion (possibly), but not a peep about what is ahead for LOTRO?

Title says it all, here is the article to go with it:

http://massivelyop.com/2016/07/20/du...ird-expansion/

Key word here is "possible", but at least DDO is getting an update from their Executive Producer. Unlike LOTRO...

Yet all we get is worries for one of the more histoical mmo's that should be kept alive at all costs.

I wish we could get an expansion to tie everything up, polish and maybe figure out how to go forward or something. I say a expansion so they can put some real work behind it and give this game a true ending.

I really shouldn't be posting yet but...

We really want the content leading up to the Black Gate to live up to the player's expectations. That's what we are working on now. But the crescendo of what happens to the Ring needs to be fantastic. Once the players have to enter Mordor itself... we feel that we need something "big" to do that justice.

Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post

We really want the content leading up to the Black Gate to live up to the player's expectations. That's what we are working on now. But the crescendo of what happens to the Ring needs to be fantastic. Once the players have to enter Mordor itself... we feel that we need something "big" to do that justice.

Sev~
    Post away, we won't hurt you!

Thanks for popping in and posting this little tidbit, you got me all excited, but please keep up the communication - this is equally important and vital going forwards.

Welcome to your new post and Good Luck!

Cheers

Also, please add yourself to the "Dev Tracker" so we won't miss any of your posts.

Sev~
    Welcome Severlin and thanks for the very 'unexpected' post
    Amorey - Bard of the Shire

Welcome, Severlin! And thank you for stopping by! I've been here a little more than 2 1/2 years and been through 3 EPs already. Not knowing who the new one was or if we even had one was very disconcerting.

Well, I'm excited! That Severlin let this out, that is. We've got some serious work of us and we're pretty darn psyched about it.

Good luck and keep us teased.

Sev~

That almost sounds like the something "big" could be a full on paid for expansion? Given the thread title. What concerns me a little is that needing something big to do it justice, could be management speak for "one last cash grab as everyone will want to see the Ring story climax". I'm playing Devil's Advocate and don't expect answers I know they probably can't be answered. I'd admit I would admire and respect Turbine a lot if they intend to renew the license and carry on the game for many years to come

This whole crescendo and "end" of the main story and it's timing with the license just has me and I guess others wondering if it's all just coincidence.

Good luck though, I hope future info makes things clearer, difficult job you got given track record - not yours, just how things have been, general mood of certain groups of players, yada yada lol
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Sev~
    Welcome aboard! And ... wonderful news

I'm happy to pay for a Mordor expansion.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 130 - Brandywine | Help sick kids. Support Extra Life 2021: https://www.extra-life.org/participant/belnavar [$726 raised of $750 goal]

Im happy things are going on with new content but i would love to see some class balancing and bug fixes before anything new released.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Also, please add yourself to the "Dev Tracker" so we won't miss any of your posts.
    Now corrected.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Find LOTRO on: Facebook Twitter Twitch Google+
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Google+ Instagram
    My PM inbox is broken. Click here to send me a private message.
    cool cool

Does "big" refer to a big battle? Don't want to put words in anyone's mouth but in my opinion, the Pelennor Field battle was much more satisfying than any of the "big battles" that made use of the Epic/Big Battle system prior.

But, that aside, thanks for dropping by Severlin. Glad you're here and posting! I hope the current trends (multiplayer-focus and multiple/reasonable means of achieving end-game grinds) continue. Thanks to the work and direction of your predecessor, I'm truly enjoying endgame in LotRO for the first time in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    Does "big" refer to a big battle?
    Let's nip this one in the bud:

NOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post

NOPE!

AWESOME. Thank you! Immensely!

NOPE!

Splendid News *cheers*
    Amorey - Bard of the Shire

Sev~
    Thanks for popping in and giving us a bit of information.
    Much appreciated given recent events.
    Cheers.

Can we see Henneth Annûn? Please. Can we? Pretty please?

One does not simply rush headlong into Mordor.

Sev~
    Whoa! I was honestly expecting Minas Morgul to be the next path forward for the story since the recent raid story basically originated there and it's adjacent to existing zones.

Look forward to seeing what this will be!
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone / Landroval / Anor

Sev~
    Welcome to the fold. Sorry for having to out you the way I did but the issue was becoming a disturbance on the forums. Once again welcome and can't wait for your official announcement and first producers letter.

We've got some serious work ahead of us and we're pretty darn psyched about it.
    Yes and yes!
    Designer, Content

"A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it." - J. R. R. Tolkien, The Children of Húrin

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    Does "big" refer to a big battle? Don't want to put words in anyone's mouth but in my opinion, the Pelennor Field battle was much more satisfying than any of the "big battles" that made use of the Epic/Big Battle system prior.

But, that aside, thanks for dropping by Severlin. Glad you're here and posting! I hope the current trends (multiplayer-focus and multiple/reasonable means of achieving end-game grinds) continue. Thanks to the work and direction of your predecessor, I'm truly enjoying endgame in LotRO for the first time in years.
    Well, for me, the Pelennor instances have not been that much fun. Still, I doubt they'll be used. I'd like a story-mode EB for the Pelennor (no, running these instances at 75 does not satisfy this for me) and the climax.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

NOPE!

Oh well , Luke, there is always hope.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinion View Post
    Allow me to say how great it is to hear from you all. Happy times!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast