We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment - Your Guide to Hoarding

With the recent "price" decrease for Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment (due to some well-intentioned though quite negative feedback in the wake of imbuement), I decided to try maxing out my LIs to see if the grind is indeed manageable for a main and perhaps one or two alts.

That aside, and without any further editorializing, here is the complete (I hope) list of ways to get Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment. They are sorted according to efficiency in time and effort. But your mileage and subjective calculation of such things may vary.

REPEATABLES
    (sorted by most efficent time-wise)

Minas Tirith (15-20 minutes for each "quest batch")
    There are three repeatable "quest batches" that can become available just inside the main gate of Minas Tirith upon reaching the proper reputation level.

4 Smith's Tokens = 1 Scroll

• South Rammas (need friend rep w/ Minas Tirith): Assisting the Smiths' Fellowship --> Dredging a Path for Aragorn - 10 Smith's Tokens --> 2.5 Scrolls (w / Pelennor bounties for Orcs and Trolls, can get two more Smith's Tokens and get total of 3 Scrolls).
    • North Rammas (need friend rep w/ Minas Tirith): Assisting the Builders' Fellowship --> Retaking the North Rammas - 10 Builders' Tokens --> 6 Burgsmen's Tokens --> 6 Smith's Tokens = 1.5 Scrolls
    • Within City (need kindred rep w/ Minas Tirith): Assisting the Burgsmen's Fellowship --> Finding a Breach in the Darkness - 10 Burgsmen's Tokens --> 10 Smith's Tokens = 2.5 Scrolls

Total: 6.5 scrolls per day (guaranteed)

Daily Featured Instance (10-20 minutes each run)
    If you are at level cap, you can run the instance at level 105 and again at level 101-104 and receive two rewards. . .

Level 100-104 run = 1-3 Scrolls
    Level 105 run = 1-3 Scrolls

Total: 2-6 scrolls per day

Dol Amroth
    Warbands (20-30 minutes)
    All Warbands in Western Gondor.
    20-35 Amroth Silver Pieces (ASP) --> 1-2 scrolls per day (sometimes might get as many as 40 ASP).

Training Exercise (15-20 minutes)
    Do the Armoury quest within the Training Exercise daily.
    7 Gold Tokens of Dol Amroth and ~20 Silver Tokens of Dol Amroth = 1 Scroll per day.

Osgiliath Culvert Quests (40 minutes)
    6 repeatable quests in Culverts (5 East Gondor Silver Pieces per Quest = 30). (30 EGSP/15 per Scroll = 2 Scrolls)

RAID - Throne of the Dread Terror
    3 Ancient Ithil-Coins

Big Battles
    90 Stars of Merit

Marks and Medallions
    2,541 marks + 293 medallions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AS YOU LEVEL. . . (SAVE THESE CURRENCIES)

Western Gondor - Save Amroth Silver Pieces (20 per scroll)
    130 in Belfalas (6)
    120 in Blackroot Vale (6)
    113 in Lamedon (5)

Eastern Gondor - Save East Gondor Silver Pieces (15 per scroll)
    87 in Upper Lebenin (5)
    100 in South Ithilien (6)
    26 in Osgiliath (1)
    Last edited by Hurin; Aug 17 2016 at 07:39 PM.
    Installing LotRO -- One Guide to Rule Them All!
    Purchasing LotRO -- Guide to Building Your Own "Lifetime" Account.
    DirectX / Direct3D Error Messages? -- Solution.

Thanks Hurin.
    Your list matches mine. It's good to know I'm not missing one.
    ...................... missed a putt...............At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

Thanks for the list!!

You can also add the Roving Threats to the list of getting the scrolls. I think it's 20 gift-givers brands per scroll.
    and they can also be melded at a relic-master for shards.

I would put the roving threats near the bottom of the list but it is another method of getting the scrolls.

Plenty of ways to get them without having to resort to the store.

And...the Auction hall always has some available if you feel like getting rid of some of the pesky in-game gold.
    ...................... missed a putt...............At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face.

Shorter Versions/Summary:

• Featured Instance = 3-6 scrolls per day for 20-40 minutes of playtime.
    • Minas Tirith Dailies = 6.5 scrolls per day for 45-60 minutes of playtime.
    • Dol Amroth Training Exercise = 1 scroll per day for 15-20 minutes of playtime.
    • Western Gondor Warbands = 1.5 scrolls per day for 20-30 minutes of playtime.
    • Osgiliath Culvert Daily Quests = 2 scrolls per day for 40 minutes of playtime.
    • Raid - Throne of the Dread Terror = 1 scroll for 3 Ancient Ithil-Coins
    • Big Battles = 1 Scroll for 90 Stars of Merit.
    • Marks and Medallions = 1 Scroll for 2,541 Marks + 293 Medallions.
    • Roving Threats = Need to confirm numbers.
    • Refining at Forge-master = Need to confirm numbers (but it's insane if memory serves).
    • Auction House!

I'll check in game next time i log in but to add to your list the wiki lists this:

Roving Threats 10 gift-givers brands for 1 scroll.
    Relic-Master 42,660 shards for 1 scroll.

edit--Western Gondor-Tarlang's Crown dailies (5) for 25 silver pieces. that's another scroll
    Last edited by KM3161; Jul 14 2016 at 03:31 AM.

You can barter 3 Morgul Crests for a scroll too. And while it's not practical, 7,500 Commendations per scroll in Ettenmoors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt86 View Post
    And while it's not practical, 7,500 Commendations per scroll in Ettenmoors.
    Incorrect. 1,000 commendations per scroll now.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 (active) Mini

Thanks for the updates and feedback. I will eventually merge them into the main thread. Just want to do a formatting pass on it at the same time.

I was most disappointed to find that Minas Tirith Silver pieces cannot be bartered for Scrolls of Empowerment.

In fact, I think Minas Tirith Silver pieces are pretty useless.

You cant get starlits, scrolls, armour or steeds, just loads of housing items, that wont fit in the limited number of hooks we have outside our houses....
    Hunter & alts on Snowborne since 2007, now on Evernight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kheld_GB View Post

The Heritage Runes are sort of handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    Shorter Versions/Summary:
    • Minas Tirith Dailies = 6.5 scrolls per day for 45-60 minutes of playtime.
    • Dol Amroth Training Exercise = 1 scroll per day for 15-20 minutes of playtime.

This is brilliant. Thank you. I have - er, had - a huge pile of marks + medallions and have been burning through them (each scroll is worth... how many minutes of playtime?) and wondered how else to get scrolls of empowerment. Minas Tirith clearly is most efficient method especially for someone who now plays solo only.
    Ngaemond 115 Cpt | Ngeowyn 115 Wrd | Ngali 115 Ch | Ngorbadoc 115 Hnt | Ngollwydha 115 Brg | Ngoin 115 Min | | Ngori 115 Rk | Ngalwen 110 Cpt | Ngurin 108 Grd | Ngamarie 108 Cpt Arkenstone | Pro tip = How someone behaves in game reflects how s/he behaves in real life.

Fastest way of all:

Buy them.

Earn the gold doing much more lucrative things and buy them at 10g a pop. I'm pretty bad at making money in lotro (too lazy) and I still buy them. I'm fairly sure just spending 40-60 minutes killing Moors NPCs @160-400s a kill is more efficient, sadly. Takes probably 25 seconds for a champ to clear the entire ground floor of TR/Lug which is I'd guess 30 NPCs, at 160 silver a kill that's nearly 5 gold. Vendor the trash and sell the moors quest items for megabucks on the AH.
    #15skills

Other option includes doing the wastes RT's for crests, you can get those done in 30 minutes (20 minutes for everyone to get to the NW corner of the map because it's like herding wet cats) and another 10 -15 to actually rifle through the RT's. Let the crests pile up in your wallet until you actually need the scrolls, no wasted vault space.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 (active) Mini

I won't argue with the player who advocates "buy them". Just as I bought them with skirmish marks until I saw the colossal number become less colossal. Empowerment scrolls are not cheap. I have plenty of gold to buy them from Auction Hall. I tried the method the OP describes, my warden (2nd toon, can solo almost anything) spent time questing in Minas Tirith (bit of a grind), then doing the Friend quests, and in about 4 days have enough tokens for 20+ empowerment scrolls. It's repetitive, but sometimes I'm tired and just want to run around bashing things for an hour or so. Not the only method for hoarding them but so far it's working pretty well.
    Last edited by DarthKeryx; Jun 05 2017 at 10:11 AM.
    Ngaemond 115 Cpt | Ngeowyn 115 Wrd | Ngali 115 Ch | Ngorbadoc 115 Hnt | Ngollwydha 115 Brg | Ngoin 115 Min | | Ngori 115 Rk | Ngalwen 110 Cpt | Ngurin 108 Grd | Ngamarie 108 Cpt Arkenstone | Pro tip = How someone behaves in game reflects how s/he behaves in real life.

Edit:

Also, I think for PvMP'ers, the Moors is a pretty quick way to acquire them, a bit sad that they're character bound though. I tend to buy 10 scrolls and re-stock all my potions every other day.
    #15skills

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    The Heritage Runes are sort of handy.
    And Essence Reclamation Scrolls (@150) -- at least a few, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Passerby View Post
    And Essence Reclamation Scrolls (@150) -- at least a few, anyway.
    Wow, awesome necro reply! Just got me 10 Essence Reclamation scrolls, using tokens I thought were useless. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kheld_GB View Post
    I was most disappointed to find that Minas Tirith Silver pieces cannot be bartered for Scrolls of Empowerment.

You cant get starlits, scrolls, armour or steeds, just loads of housing items, that wont fit in the limited number of hooks we have outside our houses....
    I think the same but what is even more disappointing is that they didn't put them in any solo content after that. I have so many Host and Mordor tokens and nothing worthwhile to buy.

Gotta give a thanks to Hurin for collecting all that information. What's annoying, frustrating and unacceptable is that two years later from this post and with the opening of North Mirkwood, Erebor, Dale etc that none of those npcs sell Empowerment scrolls. Nor can you get them in Mordor still. Talk about terrible design and a real PITA if you like to play alts. <sigh> Really tone deaf of SSG not to make these available via the various current currencies that gained from dailies etc.

This whole system has always been one of the systems that end up driving me into taking long breaks. Interesting concept, badly implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragonfound View Post
    Nor can you get them in Mordor still.
    I loathe the LI grind as much (a lot more tbh) as the next guy, but you can get like 5-10 a day in Court of Seregost per character just running it at level 105. Takes 10mins per run.

I do what most people do and buy them with gold. They're 15g each on Arkenstone and have remained that price steady for a long time.

The problem currently (still) is that you just need so many, and I hear it's about to go up even further, too. So for new characters and alts, as you say, it's just insane.

Also we're over half way through 2018 and still cannot apply more than 1 Empowerment scroll at the same time. We have this for IXP, why not Emp scrolls too??
    #15skills

Quote Originally Posted by Paragonfound View Post
    Gotta give a thanks to Hurin for collecting all that information. What's annoying, frustrating and unacceptable is that two years later from this post and with the opening of North Mirkwood, Erebor, Dale etc that none of those npcs sell Empowerment scrolls. Nor can you get them in Mordor still. Talk about terrible design and a real PITA if you like to play alts. <sigh> Really tone deaf of SSG not to make these available via the various current currencies that gained from dailies etc.

This whole system has always been one of the systems that end up driving me into taking long breaks. Interesting concept, badly implemented.
    Thanks for the thanks!

I feel compelled to point out though that SSG might not consider it "terrible design" if the intent of the design is to get you to purchase (via Mithril Coins w/in the LI UI or via the Store) legacy tier upgrades for cash.

This business model sets the interests of the players against the interests of the developers/publishers. The list of features/fixes/enhancements/tweaks/changes we likely will never see because it would undermine their revenue stream (which is at least partially based on perpetuating/increasing/creating onerous content) is endless.

--H