We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I play on Crickholow - we have a weekly RT raid there and do 20-25 Rts in a single run. I usualy get between 6 and 15 scrolls just from that run. I solo the Angmar 6 , the N downs 3, and W gondor 5, every day . I get anther 20 25 scrolls a week that way. I do 2 of the 3 MT dailies, builders and smiths. Another reliable 10 scrolls every 2 days. I average between 50 and 75 SoEs a week and never spend more than an hr and a half a day on this particular grind.

I can do angmar RTs in 20 mins solo.

ND is another 20-25 mins and W gondor is about 20 mins too.

A little over an hour on the RTs.

It takes me about 25 mins to do both dailies in MT.

Well under 2 hours a day. And you can break them up over the course of the day. Thats what I do.

SoEs are 10 brands.

FA LI is 50 brands.

Any thoughts on whether or not this is worth doing now that they are talking about changing LI?
    On Landroval as: Dedoric | Walaran | Rocso + all the alts · Beneath Your Feet Podcast · The Great Player-Run Inn & Tavern Directory·

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Any thoughts on whether or not this is worth doing now that they are talking about changing LI?
    YES.

When they changed the virtue system, those who had maxed their virtues under the old system were at a massive advantage compared to those who were partway through, or had not yet started. My captain was very much left in a state when the virtues changed - none of the virtues I actually needed were anywhere near maxed, yet I had a huge number of deeds already done and the virtue XP spread out across loads of others that weren’t much use. I still have not caught this up on my main, yet I now have several lower level alts whose virtues are in a much better place because they got to choose where the points went.

I am therefore currently on a mission to get mine maxed before the overhaul, as I can see a similar thing happening with LIs. Otherwise those who have already got theirs maxed will be in uproar that they put all that work in and it got wasted. Some people actually paid to max their LIs, remember ...

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    You certainly have earned your Grinders license!

...hmmm, 151...
    Was there any rum involved?
    'No..well yes- b'b'b'but that's not the point!' Hehe, No not really.

I now have all three of my ASoE farmers rep't up and can (and are) doing all the aforementioned dailies. I should have kept note from the get-go, but last Saturday I did, so I shall update this post to see how many I can get in a week for my Burg's Toolkit. I haven't

been doing as many Epic Battles though so that will impact the outcome.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/23221000000152736/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

One weeks Empowerment Scrolls farming....

Quote Originally Posted by Shirlzknight View Post
    'No..well yes- b'b'b'but that's not the point!' Hehe, No not really.

I now have all three of my ASoE farmers rep't up and can (and are) doing all the aforementioned dailies. I should have kept note from the get-go, but last Saturday I did, so I shall update this post to see how many I can get in a week for my Burg's Toolkit. I haven't

been doing as many Epic Battles though so that will impact the outcome.
    Okay as I said in my last post I'd let anyone know who is interested how many ASoE's I managed to get in 7 full days grinding.

This was achieved by three characters who are all kindred (or better) with Dol Amroth and Minas Tirith.

The 'Run'.

Okay 1st of all Training Exercise then a sweep of all the West Gondor Warbands* finishing up at Tarlings Crown, port back to D.A. to hand in before another port to M.T. (I have the Hurried traveller etc on all three of these characters so my travel skill milestones

only have a five minute cool-down.) In M.T. pick up all three daily quests there, start with the one in the cistern port back to the front gate and off to the North Gate then run through the Pelargir fields to kill Uruks finishing up at the South Gate nipping back to M.T.

to hand in.

*During the week I started to do the W.G. Roving Threats as well and managed to get a good few Gift Givers Brands as I also completed the deed for WG RT's for an extra ten GGB's on each character.

Unfortunately one day I didn't have time to do the MT dailies on one character.

I should have taken note of the individual amounts at the end of the week but I didn't so I only have a final total number of scrolls collected.

After bartering with the various vendors etc and sending all the scrolls to my burg I was very pleased to see id managed to amass 280 scrolls for the weeks work! I then had the pleasure of applying each and every one of them signally maxing out my Burg's Toolkit

and making a good start on my Beorning's L.I.s

Just to note I did do several Epic Battles to farm Stars of Merit for scrolls but I didn't exchange these, Ill wait til I have enough for a 100 or exchange them for Crystals. I did however exchange all the GGB's I got with the exception of 50 which I bartered for a heally

stone for my RK- Another LI comes into the mix ! (groan)

I hope this helps folks who are a little put off by the prospect of starting another LI grind that it really isn't as bad as it may first appear. So get cracking before the LI revamp as unfinished LI's will put you at a disadvantage if a similar system is used as they did

with the trait system revamp.

Happy farming
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/23221000000152736/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Shirlzknight View Post
    Okay as I said in my last post I'd let anyone know who is interested how many ASoE's I managed to get in 7 full days grinding.

This was achieved by three characters who are all kindred (or better) with Dol Amroth and Minas Tirith.

The 'Run'.

Okay 1st of all Training Exercise then a sweep of all the West Gondor Warbands* finishing up at Tarlings Crown, port back to D.A. to hand in before another port to M.T. (I have the Hurried traveller etc on all three of these characters so my travel skill milestones

only have a five minute cool-down.) In M.T. pick up all three daily quests there, start with the one in the cistern port back to the front gate and off to the North Gate then run through the Pelargir fields to kill Uruks finishing up at the South Gate nipping back to M.T.

to hand in.

*During the week I started to do the W.G. Roving Threats as well and managed to get a good few Gift Givers Brands as I also completed the deed for WG RT's for an extra ten GGB's on each character.

Unfortunately one day I didn't have time to do the MT dailies on one character.

I should have taken note of the individual amounts at the end of the week but I didn't so I only have a final total number of scrolls collected.

After bartering with the various vendors etc and sending all the scrolls to my burg I was very pleased to see id managed to amass 280 scrolls for the weeks work! I then had the pleasure of applying each and every one of them signally maxing out my Burg's Toolkit

and making a good start on my Beorning's L.I.s

Just to note I did do several Epic Battles to farm Stars of Merit for scrolls but I didn't exchange these, Ill wait til I have enough for a 100 or exchange them for Crystals. I did however exchange all the GGB's I got with the exception of 50 which I bartered for a heally

stone for my RK- Another LI comes into the mix ! (groan)

I hope this helps folks who are a little put off by the prospect of starting another LI grind that it really isn't as bad as it may first appear. So get cracking before the LI revamp as unfinished LI's will put you at a disadvantage if a similar system is used as they did

with the trait system revamp.

Happy farming
    I don't do warbands, RTs and Tarlangs Crown which I never could solo even at 120. Cisterns is a maze and I have done the Rammas to exhaustion. BBs … most of them fail for me and I have given up on them even for the epic. So what is left for a landscape player?
    While those who enjoy constantly running instances are probably flooded with them others will never go beyond free levels. So it is as bad for me as it first appeared and I have long given up on scrolls. I think I got 2 or 3 of them questing in the new area. That was a BIG help. Why mock players like me with so little? Still no scrolls in solo end game and the new method through motes isn't really helpful either considering how expensive they are.

I rather stop playing then log on to do content I don't enjoy. There is one solution for the ILI system for me:
    more free levels since it is apparently to hard to give them out like candy up to a certain level.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    I don't do warbands, RTs and Tarlangs Crown which I never could solo even at 120. Cisterns is a maze and I have done the Rammas to exhaustion. BBs … most of them fail for me and I have given up on them even for the epic. So what is left for a landscape player?
    While those who enjoy constantly running instances are probably flooded with them others will never go beyond free levels. So it is as bad for me as it first appeared and I have long given up on scrolls. I think I got 2 or 3 of them questing in the new area. That was a BIG help. Why mock players like me with so little? Still no scrolls in solo end game and the new method through motes isn't really helpful either considering how expensive they are.

I rather stop playing then log on to do content I don't enjoy. There is one solution for the ILI system for me:
    more free levels since it is apparently to hard to give them out like candy up to a certain level.
    I have seen your LI complaints posts over years and while I thought exactly the same as you, this reply feels like complaining just for the sake of it.

- RTs could be soloed even at 115, now that you might be 130 you can solo all of them, pretty sure of that, I have even soloed the Mirkwood troll and the Wastes troll as hunter. If you can't solo an RT as 130 with basic 130 gear... well, then I think you need more skill playing your character. Angmar RTs and Central Gondor RTs specially are ridicoulously easy. Since they made brands account wide, I checked how many brands I have and I have +2000 brands
    - Tarlangs crown is easier than RTs and you take 10m maximum going there and finishing. 1 quest for corsairs, 2 for oathbreaker, 1 food supply and 1 umbarrim quest.
    - MT... we all have done these countless times. While I agree cisterns can be confusing, if you do that so many times... well, I can't see how you could get lost there after doing it 10 times. It's not that bad. I find south gate quests more annoying because the damn tents, that's the only quest in whole MT dailies that I always spend a lot of time, always end with 9/10 tents and it takes long time for me to find the last...
    - Big battles, if you don't like it, that's fine, but you are excluding it just because that. I have over 13k merits myself, but then I love BBs

- You also have the Throne tokens that you don't even mention

- The motes adding is a very nice add and if you exclude that help then I agree that the best you can do is to destroy your LIs. You can get 200 motes per character per day by just doing 4 quests in Mordor (don't say me this isn't solo landscape please...), doing 4 quests in Mordor takes 15m maximum. If you just have 1 character this means 2 empos per day or almost 1 crystal per day. How can you see this as bad? Then you have Vales of Anduin, you can get 900 motes weekly but at same time an unlimited source because you can spend gulmarks in gear and then disenchant it. You can do the same process with tokens of service in Mordor, buy gear and disenchant it. If you don't take the advantage of empos/crystals for motes, it's because you don't want.

And endgame instances is not a good source for empowerments. I have been doing many T3s and Remmo the past weeks and I just have 3 stacks of empos from there.
    Last edited by Fegefeuer; May 10 2020 at 09:54 AM.
    Anamura, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Sunnarea, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)

Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh

Quote Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
    I have seen your LI complaints posts over years and while I thought exactly the same as you, this reply feels like complaining just for the sake of it.

- RTs could be soloed even at 115, now that you might be 130 you can solo all of them, pretty sure of that, I have even soloed the Mirkwood troll and the Wastes troll as hunter. If you can't solo an RT as 130 with basic 130 gear... well, then I think you need more skill playing your character. Angmar RTs and Central Gondor RTs specially are ridicoulously easy. Since they made brands account wide, I checked how many brands I have and I have +2000 brands
    - Tarlangs crown is easier than RTs and you take 10m maximum going there and finishing. 1 quest for corsairs, 2 for oathbreaker, 1 food supply and 1 umbarrim quest.
    - MT... we all have done these countless times. While I agree cisterns can be confusing, if you do that so many times... well, I can't see how you could get lost there after doing it 10 times. It's not that bad. I find south gate quests more annoying because the damn tents, that's the only quest in whole MT dailies that I always spend a lot of time, always end with 9/10 tents and it takes long time for me to find the last...
    - Big battles, if you don't like it, that's fine, but you are excluding it just because that. I have over 13k merits myself, but then I love BBs

- You also have the Throne tokens that you don't even mention

- The motes adding is a very nice add and if you exclude that help then I agree that the best you can do is to destroy your LIs. You can get 200 motes per character per day by just doing 4 quests in Mordor (don't say me this isn't solo landscape please...), doing 4 quests in Mordor takes 15m maximum. If you just have 1 character this means 2 empos per day or almost 1 crystal per day. How can you see this as bad? Then you have Vales of Anduin, you can get 900 motes weekly but at same time an unlimited source because you can spend gulmarks in gear and then disenchant it. You can do the same process with tokens of service in Mordor, buy gear and disenchant it. If you don't take the advantage of empos/crystals for motes, it's because you don't want.

And endgame instances is not a good source for empowerments. I have been doing many T3s and Remmo the past weeks and I just have 3 stacks of empos from there.
    I would love to not use ILIs but there are no other options for tactical classes. Other options also would need to be offered as of level 100.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    I would love to not use ILIs but there are no other options for tactical classes. Other options also would need to be offered as of level 100.
    hey Wip. I more than understand your aversion to running content you don't enjoy. With two hours of playtime per week these days, the last thing I want to do is dailies/scroll runs.
    That being said, I made a deal with myself in the midst of Talath Urui that I will never run out of SoEs and crystals. Not hoarding them - no time to get that much but always having enough to max out the two LIs on my main when the level cap increases. So every 3-6 months I set aside some time to grind those in MT/festivals(not BBs, hate those). I gave up on essence crafting and full ember gear, again no time. But those LIs keeps me going and enjoying new landscape content.

The current system is awfull, we all know that. The future update may be just as miserable. Plan your grind, go slowly, play the music you like or invite a friend to join. I don't think you're on Gladden or I would offer my help.
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by kudurru1 View Post
    hey Wip. I more than understand your aversion to running content you don't enjoy. With two hours of playtime per week these days, the last thing I want to do is dailies/scroll runs.
    That being said, I made a deal with myself in the midst of Talath Urui that I will never run out of SoEs and crystals. Not hoarding them - no time to get that much but always having enough to max out the two LIs on my main when the level cap increases. So every 3-6 months I set aside some time to grind those in MT/festivals(not BBs, hate those). I gave up on essence crafting and full ember gear, again no time. But those LIs keeps me going and enjoying new landscape content.

The current system is awfull, we all know that. The future update may be just as miserable. Plan your grind, go slowly, play the music you like or invite a friend to join. I don't think you're on Gladden or I would offer my help.
    I have a new 130 mini with just free levels, thankfully Anfalas crystals are easier to get and my dps weapon is close to max, my book probably never will. My other 4 characters over 115 have between 60-70 of these SoE ranks filled. There is no slow catch up. I have stopped thinking about this grind and the virtue grind unless it is brought up on the forums and then I just comment to point out the problem of ever growing systems. I will just stop buying new updates once they become unfun (Mordor was close to make me quit).

I feel the same as you about the future update on ILIs and have not much hope that we ever will have an option to opt out with ALL classes. The discrepancy will just grow and eventually it will become impossible for non-grinders to even play new content. My new mini at lvl 128 had more problems in Mordor Besieged them my 120 LM in Rath Duath which is lvl 123. So SoEs matter.

Really useful guide - thank you for posting. It is allowing me to level up my hunter alts LI very nicely.

One question though. I entered the cistern in Osgiliath (after the battle) today for the first time in ages and there was no camp on the wooden platform where you used to collect the quests. Has this been intentionally removed or is it a bug?

Not too worried though as MT dailies on two characters meant I got a nice stack of legacies to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Brali View Post
    Really useful guide - thank you for posting. It is allowing me to level up my hunter alts LI very nicely.

One question though. I entered the cistern in Osgiliath (after the battle) today for the first time in ages and there was no camp on the wooden platform where you used to collect the quests. Has this been intentionally removed or is it a bug?

Not too worried though as MT dailies on two characters meant I got a nice stack of legacies to add.
    I'm no expert but I think you have to enter Osgiliath cistern pre-battle to get those quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Brali View Post

Pretty sure the Osgiliath quests in the culverts are before the battle. You need to travel to pre-battle Minas Tirith or to Faramir’s Lookout in South Ithilien and ride there. I think there is also a handy milestone in the culvert so you don’t have to keep slogging it there.

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    Shorter Versions/Summary:

• Featured Instance = 3-6 scrolls per day for 20-40 minutes of playtime.
    • Minas Tirith Dailies = 6.5 scrolls per day for 45-60 minutes of playtime.
    • Dol Amroth Training Exercise = 1 scroll per day for 15-20 minutes of playtime.
    • Western Gondor Warbands = 1.5 scrolls per day for 20-30 minutes of playtime.
    • Osgiliath Culvert Daily Quests = 2 scrolls per day for 40 minutes of playtime.
    • Raid - Throne of the Dread Terror = 1 scroll for 3 Ancient Ithil-Coins
    • Big Battles = 1 Scroll for 90 Stars of Merit.
    • Marks and Medallions = 1 Scroll for 2,541 Marks + 293 Medallions.
    • Roving Threats = Need to confirm numbers.
    • Refining at Forge-master = Need to confirm numbers (but it's insane if memory serves).
    • Auction House!
    RTs = 1 scroll for 10 tokens (each zone rewards an average of 10 tokens per day, between quest rewards & lucky drops, not counting the tokens per deed)

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2