We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27
Results 651 to 669 of 669
  1. #651
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Fence in Bree
    Posts
    1,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazbuckle View Post
    Let's be real here, Crickhollow is or at least looks like a dead server for raiding participation among US servers. Just look at the progression list after how many months now..somebody got what, the 2nd boss? Doubtful anyone was going to get the full thing anyway. On the bright side surely the new company in charge enjoys the cash spent moving entire kin server to server...
    It still costs less than premium housing, many had tokens left over that expire on the 31st.
    Mihiraa-Fallarden ~ Situational Awareness ~ Arkenstone
    Bunnytail ~ Terminus Venatus Triumphus

    Original Challenger of Gothmog x2

  2. #652
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    106
    I formed a kinship in November after getting the majority of my gear from leading PUGs. I found that I began to run with the same people each week so we formed a kin. We practiced it, we got the title. Those Crick people failed to do it, after months of having it free. At the end of the day, the whole idea around Original Challenger is it's a race and a competition (hence only one kin/group can get it). Crick is no exception to this rule and so it should hold no special status, where only those on the server currently can get the title.

    I think the only people in the wrong are those who hurled insults because they were hurt and upset they lost their shot at the title:

    [World] *****: 'you are pathetic on ark and you are pathetic here guys. you were also pathetic on gladden
    [OOC] *****: 'YOu're just bad exploiters who couldn't do it on Ark'
    [OOC] *****: 'Good riddance, Congrats on stealing the title since you wern't good enough to get it on Ark'
    [OOC] *****: 'Congrats Enz, You're a real pillar of the LOTRO community.'

    [1:12 AM] Enz: [World] ***** 'You do realize everyone is disgusted by you now right?'
    [1:12 AM] Enz: [To World] 'And why should I care?'
    [1:12 AM] Enz: [World] *****: 'You shouldn't. but you are disgusting none the less '
    Enz
    Original Challenger of Gothmog [x2]
    Leader of Situational Awareness
    Arkenstone

  3. #653
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexcris View Post
    You should take a look into the portal videos. They are all fully geared aswell. Some of our people weren't max geared either because they just recently joined the kin.
    By that I mean that when they started going at the raid, they had 0 people with T2 gear. Not exactly the same as a group that had most people geared before becoming a kin. Basically a comparison between apples and oranges. Still very impressive effort by a group of good players. Takes a lot of time and effort to both finish T2c on all bosses and do it all at once. Congratulations again.
    Last edited by dselden; Dec 23 2016 at 01:19 AM.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

  4. #654
    Comparing the number of days it took kins to complete a raid to measure their performance is of course absurd if the kins didn't complete the raid shortly after release. So much has changed in the meantime: bosses got nerfed, new gear was made available, all mechanics are publicly known and it's very easy nowadays to get a spot in an already experienced group to get familiar with the strategies before you're doing it with your own people.

  5. #655
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazbuckle View Post
    Let's be real here, Crickhollow is or at least looks like a dead server for raiding participation among US servers. Just look at the progression list after how many months now..somebody got what, the 2nd boss? Doubtful anyone was going to get the full thing anyway. On the bright side surely the new company in charge enjoys the cash spent moving entire kin server to server...
    That's where you would be wrong. There are a few groups on Crick, who while are behind the curve it has nothing to do with skill levels...More to do with lack of players and lack of time to raid.
    High Treason

    |Cuath R11 Captain|
    |Original Challenger of Gothmog|

  6. #656
    This is shameful.

    People on Crick have been working on this for a very long time. Enz...just because it wasn't the amount of time that you think should have been taken to do the raid gave you absolutely no right to come into our community and steal the title from the natives who deserved to have the right to win it.

    There are active raiding kins here. There are fewer end game players true....but the two groups that were closest to finishing the raid were only a week or two away at best.

    I'm not whining. I don't care about the title nor was I expecting to get it. But this is sad behavior and honestly pathetic. A sad hollow meaningless victory.

    You know nothing about this community...you should stay out. One thing we do like about it here is that there is less of the kind of behavior you displayed today.

  7. #657
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Turepos View Post
    Situational Awareness - Original Challengers of Gothmog - Crickhollow
    23/12/2016
    You've done this while carrying the Funari on your back?? Now thats something...

    Congratz to Situational Awareness on the title run!
    Narthor - r11 Warden | Glawoneth - r9 RK | Trengo - r8 Burglar | Torvareth - r8 Champion | Morgand - r8 Hunter | Garina - r6 Minstrel
    Radguz - r12 Reaver | Narrowz - r9 BA | Woodyy - r9 Stalker(EN) | Narthorao - r8 WL
    YouTube Channel | Original Challenger of Gothmog - Laurelin | TheBandits Raid Alliance

  8. #658
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post

    In fact I'd argue that Situational Awareness outperformed both Portal and MI6 seeing as how it took 24 and 25 days respectively (plus beta practice time) for them to down it but it only took Situational Awareness 23 days to down it having started the kin on November 30th. As a result it is clear that Situational Awareness should be top of the list.
    Isn't that Utube a leading officer and the main Minstrel of Ascension Kin in there?! And Rayleigh is Syzki right, he was in Ascension then Raging Raiders for a while before deciding to save locks for a PUG run. Lekstorm was in one of our early runs. Tirindirko was in Ascension. Fallarden previously from Shock and Awe? The vast majority of these guys have been running the Throne raid with other major kins or PUG groups since the day it was released. There are former members of Faded, Raid Ready, Ascension, Shock and Awe, We-Got-This, RIP My Raiding Life and Raging Raiders in the Challenger run.

    Congrats to Enz for putting together these guys and switching server for the day to take Crickhollow's title, but to claim the group is recently geared, or in any way new to the raid is ridiculous.
    Pavlosh - Pavamir - Pavlol - Pavagast | Raging Raiders | Arkenstone
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  9. #659
    You wonna say that you werent in a kin before Raging Raiders? Yes i was in your kin did one Nazgul with you and then you guys decided to ask me to leave becouse i was "Irrelevance"? And how does the guy that was selling loot to the entire server suddenly this ethical? Please spare us.
    Last edited by Leksa; Dec 23 2016 at 06:34 AM.

  10. #660
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by Turepos View Post
    Situational Awareness - Original Challengers of Gothmog - Crickhollow
    23/12/2016
    Grats on the title!
    Finally all original titles gone

  11. #661
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlosh View Post
    to claim the group is recently geared, or in any way new to the raid is ridiculous.
    As opposed to the gear that the other OCs got before their OC run? Or the experience that they got from countless hours practising on beta?

  12. #662
    Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    You wonna say that you werent in a kin before Raging Raiders? Yes i was in your kin did one Nazgul with you and then you guys decided to ask me to leave becouse i was "Irrelevance"? And how does the guy that was selling loot to the entire server suddenly this ethical? Please spare us.
    Where did I complain about what you did, I would have done the same if we failed to win the race on Arkenstone.
    Pavlosh - Pavamir - Pavlol - Pavagast | Raging Raiders | Arkenstone
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  13. #663
    I didnt fail anything personaly, i came back 2 months ago after you got the tittle. And most of the kin wasnt playing or was on this server at that time.

  14. #664
    noice! you guys deserve Original Challenger Of Sauron x2

  15. #665
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    As opposed to the gear that the other OCs got before their OC run? Or the experience that they got from countless hours practising on beta?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    In fact I'd argue that Situational Awareness outperformed both Portal and MI6 seeing as how it took 24 and 25 days respectively (plus beta practice time) for them to down it but it only took Situational Awareness 23 days to down it having started the kin on November 30th. As a result it is clear that Situational Awareness should be top of the list.
    Most of these toons took months of Throne Raids to get the Original Challenger Title, not the 23 days you claim in this bizarre statement... In fact one already had the Challenger of Gothmog Title months ago and a couple of others were involved in Ascension's Full Clear when the Challenger title was not yet active.

    Good job to all involved though, and especially Enz for driving this foward.
    Pavlosh - Pavamir - Pavlol - Pavagast | Raging Raiders | Arkenstone
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  16. #666
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    In fact I'd argue that Situational Awareness outperformed both Portal and MI6 seeing as how it took 24 and 25 days respectively (plus beta practice time) for them to down it but it only took Situational Awareness 23 days to down it having started the kin on November 30th.

    Quote Originally Posted by Turepos View Post
    I formed a kinship in November after getting the majority of my gear from leading PUGs. I found that I began to run with the same people each week so we formed a kin.
    I'll let someone else do the maths.

    Maybe you should get your facts straight before making ridiculous claims. Not to mention all strats available. Having other kin leaders into your raid to hold your hands through some of the fights since one of your members wasn't capable of doing it.

  17. #667
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlosh View Post
    Where did I complain about what you did, I would have done the same if we failed to win the race on Arkenstone.
    Failed is stretching it considering a lot of the people involved weren't actually around on Ark when the OC got taken. Heck, one of the players in the OC run was only on his second time doing bosses other than Rakothas ever. Needless to say, we look forward to winning the next race to OC on Ark. Good luck to all that challenge us for it (but err, not that much luck).

    GoodGuySmaug, can you throw a notice about all OC titles being claimed now? I think that kinda wraps up the progression thread. And thanks for keeping it updated so far.
    ~ The devs don't want to balance classes, what chance did I have ~

  18. #668
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Narthor View Post
    You've done this while carrying the Funari on your back?? Now thats something...

    Congratz to Situational Awareness on the title run!
    The same Funari who was did the whole run having not slept for 24 + hours.
    Enz
    Original Challenger of Gothmog [x2]
    Leader of Situational Awareness
    Arkenstone

  19. #669
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlosh View Post
    Most of these toons took months of Throne Raids to get the Original Challenger Title, not the 23 days you claim in this bizarre statement... In fact one already had the Challenger of Gothmog Title months ago and a couple of others were involved in Ascension's Full Clear when the Challenger title was not yet active.
    Really? So you can show me evidence that 7/12 of the toons in that ss were in "months" of Throne raids prior to this completion? Can you also show me evidence of them doing those "months" of runs together? Because if you can I will admit that I was wrong, but if you can't, I think it only fair that you do the admitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by sp33dccm View Post
    I'll let someone else do the maths.

    Maybe you should get your facts straight before making ridiculous claims. Not to mention all strats available. Having other kin leaders into your raid to hold your hands through some of the fights since one of your members wasn't capable of doing it.
    Because you're incapable?

    Let's see if I've got this right, your entire point is that Enz said that he ran pugs with some of the people he made a kin with prior to the kin being formed therefore the "23 day OC" isn't valid?

    If I were to replace 1/2 of your kin members with randoms next time you tried to full clear Throne t2c, how would your raid go? Do you think it would be smooth or do you think that it would a little rocky seeing as how 1/2 your raid is different? Do you see what I'm getting at? It's like having an arm transplant and then trying to play the piano. As for strats, anyone with half a brain knew the strats day one of the raid being on beta, I know that your kin does not fall into that category seeing as how you actually planned to exploit the first boss in an attempt to get world first, which funnily enough failed.

    What's with this "your raid", "your hands", "your members", it's almost as if you think I'm a part of Situational Awareness.

    I hope for your sake that I have got it wrong because that is one of the weakest counter-arguments I have ever witnessed.

 

 
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload