We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Any band multiboxing tips?

As I assume I have seen other people do, I have multiple accounts that I run in separate windows to make a band. It seems straightforward to get the characters ready to play with SongbookBB, doing play with sync, and starting them up. Forte and the Lonely Mountain Band have large catalogs of music to try.

The results have been mixed. I listen on an account logged in by itself on a separate computer (and silence the band computer to avoid confusion). I've heard lots of awesome concerts in game, but so far I'm not close. Start-up is sometimes out of sync (although they all do start, so I think the play with sync and playstart worked), and some parts will lag from time to time. I suppose this is just because the PC can't keep up.

Any suggestions for how to improve things? Are there any client options or other practices that would reduce the load while playing music? Do other musicians have fancy computers to do this? Does the particular music, instruments and other things make a big difference?

I'd appreciate any tips or recommendations.
    Michaleo / Nodread / Wrytune / Varmentor Toolmaker
    Landroval www.shadowbanekinship.com

I hope somebody answers you because I am having this problem as well.

I run 8 accounts on one pc for my alt bands and sometimes for my main band as well. Main thing to ease the burden on the pc is run lotro on dx9, tun graphics down to very low.
    Just for reference, I run an I5 cpu, GTX 750ti, sound blaster recon, and 16 gigs of ram with decent internet 50+ mbps. I also run in windowed mode so I can tab through the alt accounts faster.

It might also help to take a look at this. I got it from support a few years back to help lower cpu usage:

Open the userpreferences file found in your Documents > The Lord of the Rings Online folder and within that file under the section titled [Display] make the following edits:

Change AllowFakeFullScreen=True to False
    Change SyncToRefresh=False to True
    Verify that the number following Resolution= matches your current Windows desktop resolution
    Change Antialiasing= to Disabled if set to 2x/4x etc. (e.g. Antialiasing=Disabled )
    Change AllowDesktopCompositing=False to True

Under the section titled [Render] change the GraphicsCore option to D3D9
    (e.g. GraphicsCore=D3D9 )

Under the section titled [Troubleshooting] change the MaximumFrameRate option to 57
    (e.g. MaximumFrameRate=57 )

After making those edits close out of the file choosing yes when prompted to save changes. After making those edits outside of the game, log in as far as character select to make these additional adjustments from the options menu:

(Note that these added changes will require one more game restart so they can be applied, saved and enabled at start.)

Under ADV Graphics disable the Player Mesh Combining setting
    Lower the Player Crowd Quality Control slider to 0
    Under Audio make sure the selected sound playback setting is using "Generic Software on.."
    Also under Audio ensure that Use EAX is disabled.
    Under the Troubleshoot section lower the Engine Speed setting to Medium*
    (* For initial testing use Medium. Increase this later to test as well but try to leave it at Medium long enough to note any changes.)
    Fincin of Landroval
    Level 105 Minstrel
    *Les Beaux Chapeaux Bandleader * Transciber, Kin Leader
    Founder of the Hobbit Coalition for Giving us Bunny Cosmetic Pets
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Hugger of Bunnys

Talking Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you so much Fincin. I've tried to research this, but every thread seems to be about pvmp. I've seen you on Landroval many, many times. With this information I can finally start my own band....The Stinging Nettles. I'm in Scoch's daBugans, but wanted to have a band of my alts for different music. Thank you sooo much. Whoohoo! Off to give it a try. See you in the game

Most welcome! If you ever need any advice, please feel free to contact me in game via mail or tells. I don't play much anymore save for concert days but am happy to assist when and however I can.
    Fincin of Landroval
    Level 105 Minstrel
    *Les Beaux Chapeaux Bandleader * Transciber, Kin Leader
    Founder of the Hobbit Coalition for Giving us Bunny Cosmetic Pets
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Hugger of Bunnys

Quote Originally Posted by Emere View Post
    Lower the Player Crowd Quality Control slider to 0
    Very handy for weatherstock moosestock etc.
    Framerate 57 is an odd number, I usually set slider to 30 fps max with more than four game windows up. I don't really notice the difference whenever I forget to slide it back up. It seems to prevent peaks in gpu stress.