We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret

Online essence-gear calculator

Hello,

There are two very good tool for calculating and planing character stats.
    Fist: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-plan-upgrades which contains everything you can and would like to plan.
    The second one is just one thread down here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...nce-Calculator which is for essence gear only.
    Both of them has a lot of benefits, but also some drawbacks, so you need libre office or excel and it is a bit difficult to share your plan with other.

Thats brought me to the idea of an online essence gear calculator. And now here ist is:
    For the english speaking players:

http://falkennest.org/armory/index-en.html

The biggest benefit is, it is online, you can generate and save a link with your data and of course you can share your link to show others your gear.

Enjoy!

EDIT: removed the PS from OP.

===========================
    Update 2017-05-31
    - Adjusted stat contribution of Vitality as per Game-Update U 20.1.2

Update 2017-04-26
    - Added french translation (credit @Nadrowen from Sirannon) for Update 20 Essence-Gear and Jewellery

Update 2017-04-01
    - Added Update 20 Essence-Gear and Jewellery

Update 2017-01-21
    - Added French translation (credit @ Nadrowen from Sirannon) for Update 19.2 Essences and Gear

Update 2016-12-21
    - Added Update 19.2 Essences and Gear

Update 2016-11-15
    - Added U19 Epic Book Cloaks
    - Added U19 french translation (credit @ Nadrowen from Sirannon)

Update 2016-11-13
    - Added Update 19 essence gear
    - Added Captain 10% max morale buff to Captains total morale calculation

Update 2016-06-08
    - Added french language (thank to Nadrowen from Sirannon for collecting all the item names and do the translation of the pages)

Update 2016-06-03
    - Added a self hosted link-shortener to the create link function.

Update 2016-06-02
    -Added the Etten-Moor Essence Armours
    Last edited by CaerArianrhod; May 31 2017 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    PS: one word on the essence rings from retaking pelargir:
    Afer the level cap was up to 105, you could get on-level those rings (if you was with a char lvl 104 you could get a lvl 104 ring) i got myself some of them on lvl 105. But i could not find all of them (not in the wiki etc.). And i could not verify in the last days if they are still dropping or it was just a "mistake" by turbine to scale them up.
    If you have any and/or you know they are still dropping on lvl 105, you could post a screenshor here plese, so i can put them into the calculator.
    You can check in LID, I generated all 105 gear/jewels (I just forgot 1 gear that I will update in U18.2)
    (criteria : "Minimum Level >= 105" + others like "Slot = Finger" for the rings)

Hello,

There are tow very good tool for calculating and planing character stats.
    Fist: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-plan-upgrades which contains everything you can and would like to plan.
    The second one is just one thread down here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...nce-Calculator which is for essence gear only.
    Both of them has a lot of benefits, but also some drawbacks, so you need libre office or excel and it is a bit difficult to share your plan with other.

Thats brought me to the idea of an online essence gear calculator. And now here ist is:

The biggest benefit is, it is online, you can generate and save a link with your data and of course you can share your link to show others your gear.

Enjoy!

Afer the level cap was up to 105, you could get on-level those rings (if you was with a char lvl 104 you could get a lvl 104 ring) i got myself some of them on lvl 105. But i could not find all of them (not in the wiki etc.). And i could not verify in the last days if they are still dropping or it was just a "mistake" by turbine to scale them up.
    If you have any and/or you know they are still dropping on lvl 105, you could post a screenshor here plese, so i can put them into the calculator.

there is no finesse essences...........you need to add it!

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    there is no finesse essences...........you need to add it!
    Oh thx! Fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    You can check in LID, I generated all 105 gear/jewels (I just forgot 1 gear that I will update in U18.2)
    (criteria : "Minimum Level >= 105" + others like "Slot = Finger" for the rings)
    Thx! i updated the calculator with the rings.

Oh thx! Fixed!

you have done a very good job!
    tks a lot!!!

Hello,

There are tow very good tool for calculating and planing character stats.

Enjoy!

Looks very nice!

I found a small bug with the new Legendary Minstrel Lute. Once the +3.5% outgoing healing tooltip is generated, it never goes away, apart from selecting an other class.
    Maybe scrap it all together, because the percentage is not shown in Lotro stat window. I don't know at this moment how the stat is applied (I didn't research it).

Quote Originally Posted by Giseldah View Post
    Looks very nice!

I found a small bug with the new Legendary Minstrel Lute. Once the +3.5% outgoing healing tooltip is generated, it never goes away, apart from selecting an other class.
    Thx! It was a display bug only, but now it is fixed.

Maybe scrap it all together, because the percentage is not shown in Lotro stat window. I don't know at this moment how the stat is applied (I didn't research it).
    You right, i just looked at how the current minstrel class item is working, which also says +3.5% healing. It counts only for healing skills, not for outgoing healing. There is no reason the new item will behave different. So i removed the property from the item.

But i got mor headache from the new captain standard with it's +physical mastery and +% melee dmg.
    Since it will work on the same way as the 2nd bonus from the pelennor armour set (with it's +10% melee/ranged/tactical dmg) it will just add the 5% to physical mastery melee part. But that is someting i can not diffenciate.
    i.e. for the moment for the pelennor set i just add the 10% to the mastery, because i think it is better to add it, since ppl are more interested to now the "main" damage then the secondary. (a hunter rather would like to know his ranged damage then his melee or tactival damage)

But with the new standard ... well in my case the item has allready the property for physical mastery and it can not have another property with the same name. So for the moment i have to ignore the 5%.
    Ok, this is the only item yet and the 5% is really doesn't mean the world. But it is about to be as accurate as possible

Regads
    CA

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    Excellent work.... care to elaborate a bit on any tools used to create this? I have been searching a bit for Brain but the hits are overwhelming..

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    Excellent work.... care to elaborate a bit on any tools used to create this?
    Nothing special:
    this time i didn't want use any serverside technology (last time i did ... tubine changed so many items (armour sets), that i gave up to maintain the project)
    therefore this time only things that are very easy to maintain. and that means all the magic happens in your browser.
    i used boostrap + a draker theme to have a solid html+css base and to be free to concentrate on the things i wanted to do. jquery for having a basic javascript framwork. i'm using json files for holding the real data. the rest was mainly javascript programming.

Regards
    CA

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    json eh... flat storage. Ah well I better get used to it eventually, its mostly faster than databases... Thanks

Wooh you did an amazing work CaerArianrhod !!! I started a few days ago to make a calculation sheet in Libreoffice for those who don't have excel and also in french for players who don't speak english or german.
    But I think your tool is even better from what I expected to do, so maybe you could offer us a french translation? Do someone already offered you his help for that? If no, I would like to help you for that.

Would it be possible

Would it be possible to add in the osgilaith armour even though is not essence gear - alot of peeps like to get the 105 2 set bonus (10% dmg) as part of their essence build.

Good job with the online too though!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjii_31 View Post
    Wooh you did an amazing work CaerArianrhod !!! I started a few days ago to make a calculation sheet in Libreoffice for those who don't have excel and also in french for players who don't speak english or german.
    But I think your tool is even better from what I expected to do, so maybe you could offer us a french translation? Do someone already offered you his help for that? If no, I would like to help you for that.
    Thank you for the laud!

I would be pleased to offer the french version if there is some one who is willing to do the translation.
    If you are interested: it is not that much to translate. The most text is in the info and start page.
    If you have some knowledge about HTML you can take the Minstrel page and translate the text inside.
    For the name of items, essences and virtues etc i could create an excerpt of all names for you.
    You will need to check bullroarer for the new raid items names (onyl jewelry and class items, since there is no difference between the stats of the different sets, the reason why i was able to summarise them to "lesser" and "greater" raid set.)

Let me know if you need someting!

Regards
    CA
    Last edited by CaerArianrhod; Jun 28 2016 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harkenheim View Post
    Would it be possible to add in the osgilaith armour even though is not essence gear - alot of peeps like to get the 105 2 set bonus (10% dmg) as part of their essence build.

Good job with the online too though!
    I was really thinking about (i even started the development with that set), but at the end i decided not to do it. the main reason is: if i would begin with non essence gear, it will never end to put none essence items into the calculator.
    The "easy" solution is: just let this items on your character and enter your numbers in that way into the calculator. don't use then the list from the calculator for that items.
    Yes i know: that way you can not see which part of the set you need, but it is not so hard to get all part of the set (well maybe the Lab is a bit harder to do) ... (we all hate the RNG!)

I will think about it ... and if more ppl ask for that, maybe. but for the moment: no.

Regards
    CA

I have posted your work here: http://dadislotroguides.com/online-e...the-confusion/ to help spread the love. It is also all over Social Media. Since this morning there has been over 2,000 hits; clearly the community needed a tool like yours

Some comments people have made are to please add racial bonuses, set bonuses for Osgiliath gear, etc. Is this possible?

Thanks !
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    I have posted your work here: http://dadislotroguides.com/online-e...the-confusion/ to help spread the love. It is also all over Social Media. Since this morning there has been over 2,000 hits; clearly the community needed a tool like yours

Some comments people have made are to please add racial bonuses, set bonuses for Osgiliath gear, etc. Is this possible?

Thanks !
    The (my) main problem with the social media is, it is just not under one's control and i don't have the time to check where ppl do have questions or reporting bugs.
    As i pointed out: adding other stuff like racial traits or non essence gear is a difficult decision (not technically, but from the view of simplicity of a tool). If i beginn with it, where is the end? Everyone has a good reason for himself to ask for item X or set Y. But if i add items "on demand" at some point it is not a simple calculator anymore. Buff-food? Sate-Tomes? Buffs? Skills? Level under 105? ... for all that there is allready the excellent spreadsheet from Giseldah: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-plan-upgrades which cover nearyl everting from the game.

But regardless of that: Thank you for "advertising" ;-)

Regards
    CA

Here is a link to a spreadsheet with Essence stat values with 3 decimal precision in case you don't want to calculate them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mg0mohuvdr...ences.xls?dl=0

Totaling amounts will be much more accurate with these (can still be +-1 off).

Edit: Essence armour https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqkvj234w7...rmour.xls?dl=0
    Last edited by Giseldah; Jun 30 2016 at 04:59 AM.

Here is a link to a spreadsheet with Essence stat values with 3 decimal precision in case you don't want to calculate them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mg0mohuvdr...ences.xls?dl=0

Totaling amounts will be much more accurate with these (can still be +-1 off).

Edit: Essence armour https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqkvj234w7...rmour.xls?dl=0
    EDIT: I was ready to live with that inaccurancy, but now i will adjust the values. thank you for helping!

I decided not do to this kind of calculation: If the morale numbers in the calculator are wrong, they are wrong because of turbine and not because i calculating them wrong.
    Last edited by CaerArianrhod; Jul 08 2016 at 10:34 AM.

The Essence-Calculator is now also available in french.
    Credit for french translation to Nadrowen from Sirannon

I wanted to get some experience with your tool first, so here I go with my revue ..... Your calculator is simply amazing!! *_*
    I used to compare all stats with excel, but this one is way faster and looks cooler. There are just some changes I would like to broach.

Small things:

1. Symbol x_2 for tier 2 caps is - in contrast to the rest of the page - not that intuitive...

2. You should mention in your FAQ that % values can overcap and that there are plenty sources of them, so people can take this into account and add them later on. (You did not mention the reason for this "Preparing your character ingame" section.)

3. The separation of "Takt. Mastery" and "Outg. Healing" is really useful, but maybe you rename them in "Tact. Mastery: Damage" and "Tact. Mast. Outg. Healing" or something like that? (Tooltips of "Phys. Mastery", "Takt. Mastery", and "Outg. Healing" do not work, in case you mentioned there that tactical damage and healing bothscale with tactical mastery.)

4. Why no separation of "Crit. Rate" and "Devast. Rate" resulting in less tooltips and more clarity, especially concerning +/- to Dev. Cap?

5. I would love to see a tooltip for "Crit. Def." because infinite is not that useful to know... It would be nice to mention in a tooltip that at 50%, critical hits deal normal damage (no more reduction) and devastating hits deal critical magnitude only.

6. Captains have passive +10% morale, so this bonus is part of the "Without gear" column automatically. But your additions of equipment, essences, and virtues miss it completely, and some players may overlook this huge bonus! You should consider it in the factor of "With gear" morale cell and "With gear" vitality cell when adding them up with the "Without gear" morale cell. (Yellow captains get another +25%, but as you stated in your FAQ it makes no sense to include all bonuses. I just mentioned this one because it is passive for all traits, and 10% are a huge deal that could lead to other essence allocations.)

Major problems:

Number one
    You made this fantastic tool, but there is nearly no chance to find it without knowing about it already! E.g. it seems like "Essenz Rechner" is no keyword at all, which is the most used german search word.

Number two
    While it is easy to use this calculator when you already have the whole non-slot equipment and attribute tomes, it becomes really hard if there's still something missing. E.g. you want to use an osgiliath armour piece but you do not own it yet, so you cannot put it on for the "With gear" column. Now you would have to add the influence of might, agility, vitality, will, and fate on all other stats........
    Someone asked to add all non-slot items which would be extremely time-consuming and ineffective for future maintenance, I understand that.
    An easier solution (still attended with effort ofc) would be to add another column in between "Without gear" and "With gear" which is only visible when a new button "Add missing stats", "Future plans" or alike (somewhere next to x_2 button) is activated. In this column, said attribute values can be taken into account in the "Total" column. It would be ultimate when these textboxes allow addition and substraction, if you for example have to add several weapon relicts + attribute tome + raid item.

I really hope you will keep up your work and think about my suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider3x3 View Post
    I wanted to get some experience with your tool first, so here I go with my revue ..... Your calculator is simply amazing!! *_*
    I used to compare all stats with excel, but this one is way faster and looks cooler. There are just some changes I would like to broach.
    Fist of all: thank you for the feedback!

I will update the tool later this month (Octobre) as i will have the time to do it for the new essence gear and also to look at your suggestions.
    But for short:
    Captain +10% ... i was already informed about it. it is on the "must have" list.
    Non essence gear & fee stats field(s): in the short/middle future i will definitly not ad non essence gear, but the free stats fields could be possible (may be).

Regards
    CA

Fist of all: thank you for the feedback!

I will update the tool later this month (Octobre) as i will have the time to do it for the new essence gear and also to look at your suggestions.
    But for short:
    Captain +10% ... i was already informed about it. it is on the "must have" list.
    Non essence gear & fee stats field(s): in the short/middle future i will definitly not ad non essence gear, but the free stats fields could be possible (may be).

Regards
    CA
    Let me know if you need some additional translations in french

Quote Originally Posted by Nadrowen View Post
    Let me know if you need some additional translations in french
    I need your help again!
    Only for the new flower essence gear (armour and jewellry), the new raid, featured instance and the essences are fine.
    If you need, i can send the names again in a pm.

I did an update today with the Update 19 essence gear.
    Added the updated version of raid armour, the new featured instance jewellry, the gear that one can barter for flowers and the Ithilein essences

There are just some changes I would like to broach.
    1. Symbol x_2 for tier 2 caps is - in contrast to the rest of the page - not that intuitive...
    I did some change to that, i hope it is more clear now.

6. Captains have passive +10% morale
    I add the 10% to total morale calculation for captains. albeit there is no further notice of it in the calculator yet.

You made this fantastic tool, but there is nearly no chance to find it without knowing about it already! E.g. it seems like "Essenz Rechner" is no keyword at all, which is the most used german search word.
    I did some little tweeks on that too.

Things that will have to wait until i have more time to tweek the tool:

3. The separation of "Takt. Mastery" and "Outg. Healing" is really useful, but maybe you rename them in "Tact. Mastery: Damage" and "Tact. Mast. Outg. Healing" or something like that? (Tooltips of "Phys. Mastery", "Takt. Mastery", and "Outg. Healing" do not work, in case you mentioned there that tactical damage and healing bothscale with tactical mastery.)
    Captains/Beornings outgoing healing (that is to say: tactical mastery) is mainly from might, wardens from aglility. So "Tact. Mast. Outg. Healing" may cause some falsely essence use. And also ... there is no other kind of oputgoing healing as from tactical mastery. do we really need to mention that?

Tooltips: none of the tooltips is working on a blank file like an empty http://falkennest.org/armory/files/captain.html
    The tooltips are filled by need. they only sow something if there is something to show. For example: if you have a set bonus of 10% tactical mastery, the tooltip will show that otherwise it will be still empty.
    The tooltiop of outgoing healing is a bit a forgotten thing. acually i could remove it.
    I know a better solution would be to show the tooltip bubble only if there is a reson for that ... well. that would be a better solution

4. Why no separation of "Crit. Rate" and "Devast. Rate" resulting in less tooltips and more clarity, especially concerning +/- to Dev. Cap?
    Crit. rate is interesting, the others are just nice to have/know. we have them ingame and they can be calculated, but thats all. I don't think it is worth to separate Devast rate out.

5. I would love to see a tooltip for "Crit. Def." because infinite is not that useful to know... It would be nice to mention in a tooltip that at 50%, critical hits deal normal damage (no more reduction) and devastating hits deal critical magnitude only.
    Not easy, such values are calculated "automatically" and indeed there is no cap on crit def. if i would cap it at 50% that wouldn't be correct. a tooltip is maybe a soultion for that.

6. Captains have passive +10% morale, so this bonus is part of the "Without gear" column automatically.
    I'm thinking about the "middle earth" buff (that +144 to all main stats), that is also something that are automatically "on" all the time with captains. I did't realise this until yet. so this is still not included in the calculator.

2. You should mention in your FAQ that % values can overcap and that there are plenty sources of them, so people can take this into account and add them later on. (You did not mention the reason for this "Preparing your character ingame" section.)
    Do someone really read the FAQ??? ;-)

While it is easy to use this calculator when you already have the whole non-slot equipment and attribute tomes, it becomes really hard if there's still something missing. E.g. you want to use an osgiliath armour piece but you do not own it yet, so you cannot put it on for the "With gear" column. Now you would have to add the influence of might, agility, vitality, will, and fate on all other stats........
    Someone asked to add all non-slot items which would be extremely time-consuming and ineffective for future maintenance, I understand that.
    An easier solution (still attended with effort ofc) would be to add another column in between "Without gear" and "With gear" which is only visible when a new button "Add missing stats", "Future plans" or alike (somewhere next to x_2 button) is activated. In this column, said attribute values can be taken into account in the "Total" column. It would be ultimate when these textboxes allow addition and substraction, if you for example have to add several weapon relicts + attribute tome + raid item.
    This is the most difficult part. i was thinking about different solutions. but non of them can go without a bigger rework of the core calculation scipt. and that is somthing at the moment, what have to wait for less busy time on my side.

I hope you are not very disapponted that i could not implement all your suggestions for the current update.

Regads
    CA
    Last edited by CaerArianrhod; Nov 12 2016 at 10:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast