We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Sarnur

Sarnur

I have the quest "Retrieve Rune-Shards" in which I'm supposed to kill Glumir. Sounds straight forward. Except I cannot find him. In fact, I could only find 2 of the 6 bosses needed for the "Avenger of Sarnur" title. Where are these guys? I've spent a couple hours running up and down stairs and ramps but they are no where to be found. There aren't many folks here, but do they have incredibly long spawn times? The wiki says Glumir is around 6 hrs !?

Log out in Sarnur pryor to the next server restart. At that point all the spawns will be there,or get lucky. Almost no one gets them all in one session because of the respawn period.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian.S View Post
    Log out in Sarnur pryor to the next server restart. At that point all the spawns will be there,or get lucky. Almost no one gets them all in one session because of the respawn period.
    Excellent. Thanks. I'll give that a go.

I would really love to see the spawn rate for the bosses in Sarnur upped considerably! Six hours is crazy! I started working on the Avenger of Sarnur deed in DECEMBER, over 6 months ago, and still haven't been able to find all the bosses to complete it. If the challenge of killing the bosses were the obstacle, no problem, I could live with that, just practice and get better until I could do it, but not even being able to find them because someone else killed them 3 or 4 or 5 hours ago is completely unacceptable, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporozc09 View Post
    I would really love to see the spawn rate for the bosses in Sarnur upped considerably! Six hours is crazy! I started working on the Avenger of Sarnur deed in DECEMBER, over 6 months ago, and still haven't been able to find all the bosses to complete it. If the challenge of killing the bosses were the obstacle, no problem, I could live with that, just practice and get better until I could do it, but not even being able to find them because someone else killed them 3 or 4 or 5 hours ago is completely unacceptable, in my opinion.
    I absolutely agree and wonder what the purpose is for the long respawn. I would think (don't laugh) that the devs would have a reason for making it so unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthsuit View Post
    I absolutely agree and wonder what the purpose is for the long respawn. I would think (don't laugh) that the devs would have a reason for making it so unreasonable.
    Just to make the title boast worthy, I'd guess. I still have to find Glumir... for 2 years now

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    You are not alone guys, with 6 characters I have only been able to complete Sarnur twice as of yet. The respawn is a...&/%)... and there are many players after those so you need some luck. Try early Monday mornings?
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

I actually managed to complete this deed. As Christian.S suggested, I roamed the halls just after reset and found them all over the span of about 3 weeks. Northpaw took the longest (over a week) because I didn't realize at first that it would be in stealth mode. A couple days after that, I stopped running and began walking. Found him in 5 minutes. BTW, the wiki's recommendations on where to find each of them is fairly accurate.
    ~~ If it hurts, it means you're still alive so you can stop whining. Now. ~~

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    I have mostly found Northpaw in the scaffolding at the end of the first level, have killed him maybe a dozen times before realizing he was part of the deed...
    Once you now, you just walk around there tab'ing...

GJ Earthsuit.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

Guys it took me 2 years to slowly gather all bosses, but i loved the fact that its not only easy find, learn how to kill and done.

Its kinda cool that there is still some tasks left in lotro where your playing time or money you have in your pocket is deal breaker.

Cheers and good luck !

I've only completed this Deed on one character, but I didn't find it too difficult. I may have ignorantly taken advantage of the Server Reset advice previously mentioned - simply because I was awake and playing LotRO at the time.

I found the article on Lotro-Wiki.com to be accurate. I found most of the bosses tend to be in a secluded little niche area, located along the perimeter of the level. Generally there are a couple of nearby normal spawns that can be dragged into the fray if you're not careful. The only boss I found awkward to find was the Snowbeast one because it spawns in the middle of the (icy river) level in a wide-open area (normal spawns still close enough to aggro) and then starts wandering the immediate vicinity. In my case it seemed like the bosses were spawning about 15 minutes apart. Again the Snowbeast might be an exception, spawning 20-30 minutes after previous kill.

Of course, I was way over level (+20) when I went back to complete this so YMMV.

I actually managed to complete this deed. As Christian.S suggested, I roamed the halls just after reset and found them all over the span of about 3 weeks. Northpaw took the longest (over a week) because I didn't realize at first that it would be in stealth mode. A couple days after that, I stopped running and began walking. Found him in 5 minutes. BTW, the wiki's recommendations on where to find each of them is fairly accurate.
    I'll be giving this a try later, been trying to find the bugger again for weeks.

Again?? Yes, I found him a few months ago, when my level was too low to fight him off!! As a hunter, I find some of the Elite monsters impossible, even when I am 10 levels higher; that damned dragon up in the Misty mountains has killed me more than once, even when I had my soldier to help.

Others are so easy, I dont even need a potion to keep going.

Respawn period

Now that Mordor is in the works on Bullroarer, and the Lvl 115 cap is coming, it just seems even more illogical for the bosses' respawn times to be six hours. This is definetly something the devs could look into and preferably shorten the respawn time in a future 21._ update

I think it is because once upon a time Sarnur used to be something like end-game content. At those days, people were probably visiting Sarnur much more frequently and in larger numbers than today. To give something sensible - or 'sensible' - to try to reach, hunting down all bosses were made bit more difficult. That of course does not happen today. From that perspective, Sarnur boss respawn rates could be updated.

But on the other hand: Sarnur deed does not grant anything crucial to characters, except a title that you can wear proudly. Is there any good reasons to water that achievement down, or is it still, in the end, better to keep the boss respawn rates, if nothing else but as a memorial for ancient times?

- - -

I was one that was complaining about the Taradan spider slaying deed to be too laborous nowadays. At ancient times, people spent much more time in Barrow Downs because of dailies and such. But in comparison to Sarnur boss deed, it was because Taradan spiders grant you +1 Zeal, which is fully usable even to 105 characters.
    Laurelin freeps: Tamien (R8 Warden) - Tanie (R9 Champion) - Tamieth (Hunter) - Tamia (Minstrel) - Challenger of Gothmog
    Laurelin extras: Tamyah (Baby Captain) - Netta (Baby Lore-master) - Yasmint (Cook)
    Laurelin creeps: Tamratz (R9 Warg) - Tambash (R8 Blackarrow)

Quote Originally Posted by TamX View Post
    I think it is because once upon a time Sarnur used to be something like end-game content. At those days, people were probably visiting Sarnur much more frequently and in larger numbers than today. To give something sensible - or 'sensible' - to try to reach, hunting down all bosses were made bit more difficult. That of course does not happen today. From that perspective, Sarnur boss respawn rates could be updated.

But on the other hand: Sarnur deed does not grant anything crucial to characters, except a title that you can wear proudly. Is there any good reasons to water that achievement down, or is it still, in the end, better to keep the boss respawn rates, if nothing else but as a memorial for ancient times?

- - -

I was one that was complaining about the Taradan spider slaying deed to be too laborous nowadays. At ancient times, people spent much more time in Barrow Downs because of dailies and such. But in comparison to Sarnur boss deed, it was because Taradan spiders grant you +1 Zeal, which is fully usable even to 105 characters.
    Hi TamX - that is exactly what happened. We were kept at level 50 for quite some time before the next content came out, so we had a LONG time to camp these things for the coveted Baryl Shards. It sucked then, it is worse now that there is much more to do!

For 2.5 years, I can't find only one boss in Sarnur - Latub. Have 5/6 of them on 3 characters now.

I did it in about a week by doing it when I wasn't playing the game for anything else. Just logged out and in at Sarnur and ran around trying to find them for a bit. Last one did indeed take a lot longer than the others or else I'd have been done in 3 days. If there is anyone else in Sarnur looking for them, fellow up so you can both get any that either of you locate.