We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Update 18.2 Beta #3 Release Notes & Known Issues - PRELIMINARY AND NON-FINAL - BULLROARER ONLY

Please join us this weekend for a preview of Update 18.2. We welcome your feedback and would particularly appreciate feedback on the new 12-person Raid - Throne of the Dread Terror.

The following release notes are for the Bullroarer public test server only and may not reflect the final list of changes or updates included at release.

These notes are not final and should be viewed as a work in progress and subject to change.

The Eyes and Guard Tavern is open!
    Important Note: Please be aware that the build you are seeing here is a work in progress and is by no means the finished Update 18.2 product. There are items that are not yet complete. There may also be items missing from this initial list, this is not intentional and will be added as we progress.

Known Issues:
    1. Housing - Dwarf standard houses - Surface and colour decorations for walls and floors are not applying appearance changes.
    2. Class - Minstrel - Some Minstrels are not gaining the Rally! skill at login; if this occurs, speak to any class trainer to acquire the skill.
    3. Itemization - Minstrel - The Greater Trappings of the Vigilant Watcher 4 piece armour set bonus unlocks Perfect Ending at Snowball - Tier 5, but the skill becomes unavailable at Snowball – Tier 6 and 7.
    4. Instances - Throne of the Dread Terror - If you leave the raid and re-enter, you will sometimes have the challenge quests re-bestow even if you've just completed them.
    5. Instances - Raid Locks - If you enter Throne of the Dread Terror with a raid leader that has raid locks, you will inherit the leader's raid locks. This is true, even in the tier 1 version of the raid. Additionally, if you have acquired Throne of the Dread Terror raid locks (from the tier 2 version of the raid or inherited from a raid leader), you will be unable to enter a tier 1 version of Throne of the Dread Terror with a fellowship leader that does not have these raid locks. Raid locks can be viewed in the Social panel - Group Stage Info tab, or can be listed using the "/raid locks" command. Please note that defeating bosses in the tier 1 version of the raid does not give you raid locks and the raid leader’s raid locks will not prevent any bosses from appearing in the tier 1 version of the raid.

Release Notes:
    • Our construction team has been busily at work and the changes to housing hooks have been replicated to every house.
    • The Stable-master collection is not available in this build as we continue work on the feature.
    • If you are defeated in the instance Forges of Isengard, you will now teleport back to the beginning of the instance.

2. This is a lovely chat that I had with a fellow today while on my Burglar

'[World] Xxxxxxx: 'need tank or dps rc t2c''
    '[14:04] Kaleigh: I will go!'
    '[14:06] Kaleigh: Did you need another yet?'
    '[14:07] Xxxxxxx: i need a tank or dps and unfortunately your class doesnt fit any of those roles so i ignored you'
    '[14:07] Kaleigh: I have successfully done this instance many, many times in the DPS role.'
    '[14:07] Xxxxxxx: 'i want to get this done today'
    '[14:08] Kaleigh: 'Well, it is up to you.'
    '[14:08] Xxxxxxx: 'oh im aware'

This is the rule, not the exception. I am turned down for instances every single day that I play my Burglar, the 'only' character I have.

Seriously, I do not have any other characters that I have created just to be able to do content, characters whom I keep secret from others because I know that, once they knew I could bring them instead, they would insist that I do so.

Nope, not a one

It would be criminal for Turbine to allow a class to sink into a state such as this, one that would require this level of deviancy.

Turbine, please fix Burglars

Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable...

'Legendary' Items - Tips, Tricks, and a Guide to the 'Grind' - a Legendary Items guide! (And a new Imbuing guide! and Essence guide!)

The Life and Times of Kaleigh Starshine: Curing insomnia, one reader at a time, and a proud resident of The Cottage of Pen and Play

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrist View Post
    This is a lovely chat that I had with a fellow today while on my Burglar

'[14:07] Xxxxxxx: i need a tank or dps and unfortunately your class doesnt fit any of those roles so i ignored you'
    '[14:07] Kaleigh: I have successfully done this instance many, many times in the DPS role.'

This is the rule, not the exception. I am turned down for instances every single day that I play my Burglar, the 'only' character I have.

Seriously, I do not have any other characters that I have created just to be able to do content, characters whom I keep secret from others because I know that, once they knew I could bring them instead, they would insist that I do so.

Nope, not a one

It would be criminal for Turbine to allow a class to sink into a state such as this, one that would require this level of deviancy.

Burgs are very underrated IMHO and this is due to the fact that there are very few that actually know how to play the class well. Those that do are invaluable !!!

I do not think that Turbine is letting it slide, the player base is. If people would take the time to thoroughly learn a class (as you seem to have) then we would not be having this issue.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    Burgs are very underrated IMHO and this is due to the fact that there are very few that actually know how to play the class well. Those that do are invaluable !!!

I do not think that Turbine is letting it slide, the player base is. If people would take the time to thoroughly learn a class (as you seem to have) then we would not be having this issue.

I bet you will still take a runekeeper or champion or warden over a burglar though...regardless of the player skill.

Fix hunters and burglars please.

pvmp ?

so freeps getting stronger, just curious creeps getting buffs or we must complain first for 3-4 months ?
    champion,RK,warg,defiler,rvr.
    RIP lotro pvp.

Can we get a response on whether there will be a class balance tweak on 18.2 ?

Also why can't a player join t1 ( with leader that has no locks ) if he has completed t2 ?
    This is so so so bad.
    So a character can pug t1 repeatedly all he wants , but if someone has completed t2 then he's ''punished'' and not allowed to join most of the groups out there ?
    Is this a weakness to the code or there is some thinking behind this ?
    From what i've seen so far , t1 will still be the best way to farm ancient ithil coins , since there will be no locks , so this will be a problem to players able to finish t2 content.

Please tell us if there will be anything to help burgs and hunters in 18.2. There have been a ton of suggestions throughout the forums these past several builds. Thanks.

(Look forward to housing and raiding, but seriously, it's a concern).

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Can we have some notes on what you fixed/added for the patch? Then we can actually test it to help you guys out.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrist View Post
    This is a lovely chat that I had with a fellow today while on my Burglar

Nope, not a one

Burglars in position can do ~12k dps, which is enough for most, or really all things at the moment.

Here's the problem:

I logged into my warden for the first time in awhile and was invited to an SSt2c run to help finish the last boss fight.
    Using [practically] new imbued LI's and a mixture of level 95/100 non-socket ettenmoors gear and skirm raid jewellery, I was parsing 14k dps on mardil during the challenge.

The only burglars I know to do ~12k or higher have literally got everything capped, and I'm only doing a little less than them in the SS fight 0.o

Quote Originally Posted by Constrictions View Post
    Burglars in position can do ~12k dps, which is enough for most, or really all things at the moment.

Here's the problem:

I logged into my warden for the first time in awhile and was invited to an SSt2c run to help finish the last boss fight.
    Using [practically] new imbued LI's and a mixture of level 95/100 non-socket ettenmoors gear and skirm raid jewellery, I was parsing 14k dps on mardil during the challenge.

The only burglars I know to do ~12k or higher have literally got everything capped, and I'm only doing a little less than them in the SS fight 0.o
    It's warden, rk and champion dps what is out of control and why prople dislike other dps classes. All 3 classes needs big nerf to dps.

Quote Originally Posted by JiiPee View Post
    It's warden, rk and champion dps what is out of control and why prople dislike other dps classes. All 3 classes needs big nerf to dps.
    I wouldn't say Champs need much of a DPS nerf, really. A nerf to Rend debuff, yes, but not to DPS. The problem is when Classes like Wardens can do insane DPS and keep insane survivability and when classes like RKs can do insane DPS so easily.

#NORAIDJUSTCLASSBALANCE2016

Those classes dont need nerfed as such, The other class's need buffed and re worked. eg hunter has a remove poison skill, thats it doesnt effect wounds etc like 90% of other classes do

Buff and and fix the skills on the classes that need work anyway dont knock the other classes down to the weakest.

Quote Originally Posted by ardibilardi View Post
    I bet you will still take a runekeeper or champion or warden over a burglar though...regardless of the player skill.

Dadi will take anyone he knows is capable to do the content, but when filling extra spots, absolutely he loves the rks, thus showing the problem... rks so easily have game breaking dps. Not just the top 1% of them, but most of them.

Btw buddy, you should update your sig

And yes, rks can so easily be tuned down close to the other classes by just adjusting the scaling on two skills. I have no idea what wardens would involve, but there's probably some reasonable solution there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dstini View Post
    And yes, rks can so easily be tuned down close to the other classes by just adjusting the scaling on two skills. I have no idea what wardens would involve, but there's probably some reasonable solution there as well.
    DoT damage in general needs to be re-scaled.

Guardian bleed still not fixed.

Tested with 58886 PM, in any instance :

Normal bleed at T10 :

Bugged bleed at T10 :

Not said so far, but part of the problem:

Partial BPE, could also need a fix........................... ..............................
    (please directly with an Class-rebalance!)

Quote Originally Posted by dstini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Constrictions View Post
    DoT damage in general needs to be re-scaled.
    Warden light-dots have just been nerved with U18.0 by re-scaling them. The re-scaling did result in a raw-damage reduction between 14.5 to 17.1%.
    If we talk about class balancing, I admit there are various aspects regarding wardens that should be adressed, but imo none of those can be easily done by some small adjustments / fixes.

Cheers,
    Vala
    Valanduin [Champ] & Valanduir [Warden] & Valanur [RK]
    Gwaihir [EU-DE] | Die Reiter von Rohan

Quote Originally Posted by Anduil View Post
    Warden light-dots have just been nerved with U18.0 by re-scaling them. The re-scaling did result in a raw-damage reduction between 14.5 to 17.1%.
    If we talk about class balancing, I admit there are various aspects regarding wardens that should be adressed, but imo none of those can be easily done by some small adjustments / fixes.

Cheers,
    Vala
    Actually only if you have old mastery values from lvl 100. Now with 20-30k higher mastery on warden damage is about the same - even higher rofl. Not to mentioning OP juggernaut armor that increases DPS just by itself and having longer dot duration..

What I have been asking is another 20% nerf on all light dots. That would nerf warden somewhat but not so much that it wouldn't be viable DPS in groups.

Regarding ST dps, champs are far away from what rk/warden can do. Champs are actually much closer to hunter/burg dps than they are to rk/warden.

Champs have great aoe and op rend but ST they are surely not in need for a nerf. Rend is just getting more and more ridiculous, so yeah that could need adjustment

Comparing burglars to champions and wardens is silly. They both do ridiculous AOE. Burglars have never been an AOE class and I don't think they should be.
    If they are not being chosen for groups (and I feel the pain, no one wanted to take me on board any OD run this week--it was all champs, etc.) it's because I honestly think that a large portion of the population underestimates what a good burglar can do, mostly because they don't play the class (at least not past level 30).

Having said all that, I wouldn't mind a DPS buff since we are limited to single-target. Our DoTs and burst damage SHOULD be equal to that of an RK.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduil View Post

Cheers,
    Vala
    That wasn't a nerf. They rescaled them so they wouldn't go even more crazy post-100, as they were doing initially.

Why are there being changes to superficial things like housing when PvP, essence/LI grind, and class imbalance is in its largest state of upheaval in years?

People are blindly looking only at DPS output of a class and not the whole package. A burg is capable of debuffing mobs to the point where it ups the DPS of the rest of the group. They can CC or increase skill induction times of mobs.

So would I take a burg in a group; yes if I knew the person was good at their class.

I have run with burgs and successfully completed T2C; Sunken Labyrinth, Ruined City, Dome of the Stars, Black Serpent, and every raid in the game.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    People are blindly looking only at DPS output of a class and not the whole package. A burg is capable of debuffing mobs to the point where it ups the DPS of the rest of the group. They can CC or increase skill induction times of mobs.

So would I take a burg in a group; yes if I knew the person was good at their class.

I have run with burgs and successfully completed T2C; Sunken Labyrinth, Ruined City, Dome of the Stars, Black Serpent, and every raid in the game.
    Stop trying to justify the state of burgs and hunters. Turbine have failed miserably to balance the classes. RKs and wardens have insanely high dps and are much more viable members to a group than a burglar.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast