We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

problems getting a war steed

i am level 79. i have the full rohan expansion so i should be able to get a war steed. i have started the quests but i only did a few. i am in langhold. i talked to cillan then i talked to thane utred. i recieved the food. now the quests have dissapeared and there are no more. i am confident that there are more quests but there seems to be a bug. this is very annoying. please can someone help me with this.

Quote Originally Posted by louis-cennydd View Post
    i am level 79. i have the full rohan expansion so i should be able to get a war steed. i have started the quests but i only did a few. i am in langhold. i talked to cillan then i talked to thane utred. i recieved the food. now the quests have dissapeared and there are no more. i am confident that there are more quests but there seems to be a bug. this is very annoying. please can someone help me with this.
    Have you checked in your quest log to see if there's one hiding in there? The guards at both gates give you quests as does one of the kids and you also get sent off to check out some watch posts.

List of quests here - http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Langhold

Had a similar problem. Turns out I had missed triggering a landscape quest just northwest of Langhold near a small pond area. Had to ride directly north to south over this pond to trigger the quest.

Yes, there is a landscape quest you have to complete, go into the outlaw camp from the south and it should trigger. I think the idea was that people would trigger it while going for the outlaw leader in the cave, but I also missed it by going around and approaching from the North.

It is a pity the forum tools are so basic, as this solution appears in another, much older thread I stumbled upon; yet now I cant find it.

I missed the outlaw camp also. It's a shame that after almost a year, they haven't come up with a better way for folks to find this quest in game. Would it be so difficult to have an NPC ask you to check out the Brigand Camp up north (or where ever it is)? I actually had to put in a ticket and wait over 8 hours for a dev to show up and port me to the area. As far as I could tell I had done all the Langhold quests and thought my quest log was messed up after transferring servers because my old one shut down.

I recently got my warsteed on a different character. This time an NPC did direct me to the area where the outlaw camp is. I don't understand why it was different on this character?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinara View Post
    I recently got my warsteed on a different character. This time an NPC did direct me to the area where the outlaw camp is. I don't understand why it was different on this character?
    Do you mean the farmer? I believe you get directed to him by the NPC at the closest gate and then he directs you to the outlaw camp.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

warstted issues

a couple of questions come to mind.
    Did you get the quest that comes in your mail at about lvl 75...Rohan awaits? (sends you to the guy by the bridge leading into Rohan b4 Langhold)
    And have you gone out to talk to the Guards he sends you out to see after the meal? Once you talk to them there are other quests that come into play. They will each have you do something for them.