We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Tybur is offline Quality Assurance - Standing Stone Games

Update 18.2 Beta #1 Release Notes & Known Issues - PRELIMINARY AND NON-FINAL - BULLROARER ONLY

Please join us this week for an early preview of Update 18.2. We welcome your feedback and would particularly appreciate feedback on the new 12-person Raid - Throne of the Dread Terror.

The following release notes are for the Bullroarer public test server only and may not reflect the final list of changes or updates included at release.

These notes are not final and should be viewed as a work in progress and subject to change.

1. The Eyes and Guard Tavern is open!
    2. The Bullroarer character database has been wiped. You can re-copy your live characters using the transfer wizard on your live launcher.
    3. The final boss in the Raid has not been fully implemented. Trash mobs in the raid also are not complete.
    4. German and French localization has not been completed for U18.2 content and features.

Important Note: Please be aware that the build you are seeing here is a work in progress and is by no means the finished Update 18.2 product. There are items that are not yet complete. There may also be items missing from this initial list, this is not intentional and will be added as we progress.

The Enemy's grip tightens on the defenders of Gondor as Gothmog seizes control of the armies of Mordor. Marching from the gates of Osgiliath, foes pour into the Pelennor Fields with a renewed vigour. In the wake of the Witch-king's defeat, vile sorcery looms over the field as the most powerful allies of the Dread Terror are summoned forth. If Gothmog spoke true of the fate he shares with Golodir, can victory yet be found?
    Level 105 characters can use the Instance Finder Specific tab to access our new 12-person Raid: Throne of the Dread Terror. This raid is only available to capped characters and can be run at tier 1 or tier 2 difficulty. On tier 1, this raid has no raid locks. On tier 2, raid locks will be applied to your group with every boss defeat.

Our LOTRO architects have been experimenting with ways to add housing hooks to our existing housing system. Note - as of this morning (6/15/2016), Kinships can temporarily purchase a house at rank 1 on Bullroarer. You can find one test house of each type to check out the results:
    Elf
    5 Haven Way - Standard
    7 Haven Way - Deluxe
    8 Haven Way - Kinship
    Dwarf
    1 Stonemirk Street - Standard
    4 Stonemirk Street - Deluxe
    5 Roaring Road - Kinship
    Hobbit
    3 Myrtle Court - Standard
    6 Myrtle Court - Deluxe
    4 Myrtle Court - Kinship
    Man
    3 Long Street - Standard
    6 Long Street - Deluxe
    5 Long Street - Kinship

There is a new Stable-Masters Collection which displays all Stable-Masters on a map of Middle-earth. This feature is not yet complete and polished, but you can check it out in the Collections Panel. There are several known issues: collection icon is placeholder, many destination names are truncated; Nan Tornaeth, High Crag, and North Trollshaws stablemaster points are not filtering out correctly, Amon Raith takes you to Othrikar and vice versa.

Imbued legacy tiers have been extended by 15 levels (10 for the main legacy (dps/healing)). Legacies will have 5 new tiers unlocked by default, and 10 that can be unlocked with scrolls of empowerment. Main legacy will have 5 new tiers unlocked by default, and 5 tiers that can be unlocked with star-lit crystals.

Classes:
    • Guardian Radiate bleeds should do the correct amount of damage.
    • All Minstrels gain Rally! at level 45 with a cooldown of 12.5 minutes. - If your copied Minstrel lacks the Rally! skill, talk to any Minstrel trainer to acquire the skill.
    • The Blue-line trait brings that cooldown back down to its original 7min 30s.
    • Minstrels will have all their class trait points reset at login.
    • The Burglar deed Resistance is Futile now advances when you hit with Riddle or Trick Removal skills, rather than when those skills are resisted.
    • Characters of level 95 and above can no longer gain Inspired Greatness.

Instances:
    • The three balance effects that increase the power of all Tier 2 instance mobs are now visible. These effects have always existed, but they have been invisible until now.
    • The Silent Street - Redeemer of the Cursed Line - You will no longer fail the Silent Street challenge (or complete it without getting the chest) if your party wipes before the Gloom summons Earnil and Mardil. However, once you engage them for the first time, the challenge will fail if you do not complete it on that attempt.
    • Featured Instances - Ost Elendil has been replaced by Dungeons of Dol Guldur, Inn of the Forsaken has been replaced by Stoneheight, and Ost Dunhoth Wound & Fear has been replaced by Helegrod Drake Wing. Featured Instance armour and jewellery have been removed from Featured Instance challenge chests.
    • You can now barter Long-lost Coins for Featured Instance Jewellery.

Quests and Landscape:
    • Norcrofts - Quest Wild Horses is fixed
    • Relic / forge masters have finally reported for duty in the Hobbit housing neighbourhood.
    • Fixed some pathing for NPCs on the Field of Onslaught.
    • Removed the leftover invisible Reflecting Pool in Minas Tirith Besieged, since it wasn't supposed to be there.
    • The stablemaster will once again allow you to travel from Bar Hurin.
    • Eriador has newly added frills. You can turn frills on and off in your advanced graphics options panel. This includes all kinds of ground-cover (grasses, reeds, wildflowers, etc).
    • Summer Festival - Players can now travel easily to the party tree from a summer festival waypoint placed at each of the race's starting areas; Players can now travel easily between the Eating Contest, Keg Races, Party Tree, and Thorin's Hall.

Other:
    • VIPs can now access 20 more Wardrobe slots than non-VIPs (meaning they can get to a higher maximum - NOTE - this is not yet enabled on Bullroarer as it requires a Preview Store update).
    • Eyes & Guard Tavern: Players can now skip Epic Volume IV Books 5 and 6, as well as the 'Wrath and Ruin' quest chain.
    Last edited by Tybur; Jun 15 2016 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    Classes:
    Well that's good and long overdue. Hopefully it's not the only fix planned with as broken as guard dps is right now :/

• All Minstrels gain Rally! at level 45 with a cooldown of 12.5 minutes.
    HALLELUJAH! If this is what I think it is, then yellow line minstrels will finally have an in-combat rez after many years of asking! Woot!!

• ... Featured Instance armour and jewellery have been removed from Featured Instance challenge chests.
    Bad news immediately followed by good news I like the change: less RNG is better!

• Eriador has newly added frills. You can turn frills on and off in your advanced graphics options panel. This includes all kinds of ground-cover (grasses, reeds, wildflowers, etc).
    Hmm.. curious! Can't wait to see what it looks like! Wonder if it'll be like the Barrow-downs revamp - to be entirely honest, I liked the old, stark hills. But flowing grass over the Shire = yes please!

• VIPs can now access 20 more Wardrobe slots than non-VIPs.
    Does this mean non-VIPs have access to Wardrobe slots? I thought VIP gave you 20 slots already...
    lvl 105 Guardian | 105 Mini | 64 Hunter | 48 Warden | Lukiluk - r10 Warg | r6 Defiler | r6 WL

Twitch.tv/Arathaert | Youtube.com/ArathaertTV | Guardian Guide

The Silent Street - Redeemer of the Cursed Line - You will no longer fail the Silent Street challenge (or complete it without getting the chest) if your party wipes before the Gloom summons Earnil and Mardil. However, once you engage them for the first time, the challenge will fail if you do not complete it on that attempt.
    It really should reset if we wipe... period. The difficulty lies in there. We can't train properly if each time, we have to do the instance all over again.

Something I didn't see... what about quays of harlond with 50k + hits with boulder on light classes ? And double/triple hits because trolls does not share their CD and haven't internal CD (boss doing 3 incantations back to back). No to forget being stunned continously if we are melee classes.... I hope the raid will be melee friendly and bother a little more range classes (Fire RKs come to my mind there).

[*]The Silent Street - Redeemer of the Cursed Line - You will no longer fail the Silent Street challenge (or complete it without getting the chest) if your party wipes before the Gloom summons Earnil and Mardil. However, once you engage them for the first time, the challenge will fail if you do not complete it on that attempt.
    This is bull####, sorry to say. As already stated, the challenge should reset if you wipe at any point. Otherwise it only encourages people to exploit it (which 90% of the community already does anyways) and prevents people who are not familiar with it and not too good at t2c content to be invited because the group is more worried about getting loot than giving people a chance to get it done.

Minstrel rezzing is long overdue. Thank you.

Irritants that remain: Unavoidable damage and stuns in Harlond t2 first boss fight (as stated above), class balance (burg/hunter in particular), disarm and stun spam from Haradrim, Uruks and half-trolls, excessive trash which is more powerful than bosses (I'm looking at YOU, Sunken Labyrinth), apparent drop in Osgiliath armour and jewellery drop rate even on t2c, RNG in Pelennor instances (give us boxes like Osgiliath, please), uselessness of Vitality as a stat, proliferation of useless essences (block/parry/evade), no t8 incoming healing essence, no crafting.

Consider allowing us to buy Osgiliath jewellery and armour with Morgul Crests.

Allow older currencies (e.g. Enedwaith tokens) to be exchanged for marks and meds. Keep the rep requirements for cosmetics, emotes etc but make them tradeable for marks and medallions.

Our LOTRO architects have been experimenting with ways to add housing hooks to our existing housing system. You can find one test house of each type to check out the results:
    Elf
    5 Haven Way - Standard
    7 Haven Way - Deluxe
    8 Haven Way - Kinship
    Dwarf
    5 Roaring Road - Kinship
    Hobbit
    6 Myrtle Court - Deluxe
    4 Myrtle Court - Kinship
    Man
    3 Long Street - Standard
    6 Long Street - Deluxe
    5 Long Street - Kinship

There is a new Stable-Masters Collection which displays all Stable-Masters on a map of Middle-earth. This feature is not yet complete and polished, but you can check it out in the Collections Panel. There are several known issues: collection icon is placeholder, many destination names are truncated; Nan Tornaeth, High Crag, and North Trollshaws stablemaster points are not filtering out correctly, Amon Raith takes you to Othrikar and vice versa.

Other:
    I'm still checking out the new hooks but on first glimpse it looks great - giving a lot more placing options. I noticed though that no hooks have been added in the yard. Are there plans to do so in further builds?
    The moved fixed furnaces in some houses (at least Breeland deluxe) and hooks are something to get used to.
    Please consider giving small house a second ceiling hook.

Is there a possibility to check out kinship houses on Bullroarer?

The travel collection looks nice. Since nothing happens while clicking the travel button: is it only for mithril even if you know the route already?

I already have 20 slots wardrobe as VIP on live even if I never bought wardrobe. Does 20 slots of wardrobe more for VIP mean that VIP can buy 20 more slots or that they get free access to 20 more slots? I checked live and BR but the one VIP Account was at 240 wardrobe slot on both servers. I bought the rest of available slots on BR (up to XXVII). Is that more than before or what a non-VIP would get?
    Last edited by Derquin; Jun 15 2016 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    Minstrel rezzing is long overdue. Thank you.
    Ok ok, now minstrels got proper in combat rezz even in dps traits, or yellow traits, now I want to know when will rks get a proper in combat rezz for just healing line, because having an autorezz on someone (or 2 people if timing perfect) for a dps class is completely OP, but having no way to rezz someone as a rk healer makes you need a captain in group for rezzes. make last tier of Rallying Verse trait affect do not fall and make do not fall usable in a short span of time after someone dies (15-20s) with an internal 5 mins cooldown if you consider 2 min 20s cooldown is too few (though it is like minstrel one). I've been a main healer on rk since moria/mirkwood and it's annoying that now captains-beorning-mini dps got in combat rezz and I have no way to rezz someone after it's dead. It's absurd having the same autorezz skill in dps line as in healing line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith
    Irritants that remain: Unavoidable damage and stuns in Harlond t2 first boss fight (as stated above), class balance (burg/hunter in particular), disarm and stun spam from Haradrim, Uruks and half-trolls, excessive trash which is more powerful than bosses (I'm looking at YOU, Sunken Labyrinth), apparent drop in Osgiliath armour and jewellery drop rate even on t2c, RNG in Pelennor instances (give us boxes like Osgiliath, please), uselessness of Vitality as a stat, proliferation of useless essences (block/parry/evade), no t8 incoming healing essence, no crafting.

Consider allowing us to buy Osgiliath jewellery and armour with Morgul Crests.

Allow older currencies (e.g. Enedwaith tokens) to be exchanged for marks and meds. Keep the rep requirements for cosmetics, emotes etc but make them tradeable for marks and medallions.
    Yeah it's painful to rely on RNG yet on some instances to get armour, at least we got the armour traders to exchange pieces of armour for 6 crests. And actually you should do something for quays of harlond fight, put an internal cooldown shared between all trolls of around 30s on stuns and make it impossible that 3 trolls can go at the same time for the healer/Dps. Also would be nice to balance out the damage of the rock throw from Khûrat. I would also like to get increased damage on last boss of quays t2c...because I actually can go in there with my warden full dps gear/traits, 2 more dpsers and do the fight in 1 minute without even losing morale, using the red line self heals sometimes. (max hit I get with capped mits and corruptions on boss was something around 10k, that's just not right.)

Instances:
    • The Silent Street - Redeemer of the Cursed Line - You will no longer fail the Silent Street challenge (or complete it without getting the chest) if your party wipes before the Gloom summons Earnil and Mardil. However, once you engage them for the first time, the challenge will fail if you do not complete it on that attempt.

Seriously? The challenge should reset when the fight resets. The fight completely resets on a wipe at any point why doesn't the challenge?

Also can you please get rid of the stupid double-RNG on hilt drops. Is it going to drop? -> Is it going to drop my stat? Please create a pick-a-hilt box so everyone can roll on it and no hilts are wasted. Please consider bumping up the drop rate to at least 33%, I haven't even seen a might one drop yet and not seen a hilt in the chest for the past two weeks. A lot of people I know are getting fed up with trying to get the hilt.

Burglars still sucks. Many thanks Turbine, you prepared all classes to new raid(no)

Eriador has newly added frills. You can turn frills on and off in your advanced graphics options panel. This includes all kinds of ground-cover (grasses, reeds, wildflowers, etc).

All of Eriador? if so that was a great undertaking and I am glad to see the art team still having in their minds the old areas. But let us hope that this new graphics will 'match' with the areas and not feel out of place (like the new Michel Delving park which is beautiful in its own but it does not fit in seamlessly with the rest of the place) Also, I wonder whether this updated ground-cover is a new asset or the same that we see from the later half of the game and after. Even if it be the same it is as we know more detailed and up to date, but I hope it will feel 'right' and not take away from the atmosphere of the places.

Edit: For those interested to see both the older and newer versions of the areas for a direct comparison: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?633980-U18-2B1-Eriador-frills-increase&p=7616707#post7616707

Here is some (many more in that thread linked above):
    Lone-lands

Older version

Newer

Older

Newer

Last edited by Erennor; Jun 17 2016 at 06:37 PM.

Since you're paying some attention to housing, can you do something about the neighborhood spawn generation algorithm? It clearly isn't working, I've been waiting weeks for a new neighborhood to spawn, but all I see is 1 available Deluxe house in like half a dozen neighborhoods. It doesn't even ensure 1 of each housing plot is available.

"It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrhic View Post
    Burglars still sucks. Many thanks Turbine, you prepared all classes to new raid(no)
    Burglars don't suck.
    They just have not real ranged attacks and no real aoe. Besides that, they are fine. DPS and debuffs are okay. Not great like RK/Warden, but okay.
    With my burglar, which has the worst equipment of all my chars, i can kill enemies that other chars cannot like solo bosses in HoN for example, where my hunter fails at (bad tact-mits (but more than my burg)).

imo, a challenge quest should finally fail, once it really fails. like in silent street, if you fight the boss and you are too slow and time runs out. At this point, it should fail and not reset anymore. If you wipe before the time ran out, i think it should be resetting.
    Still, I don't really see big problems with it not resetting at all. If you fail the challenge, you know you have to do more dps in the next run. You just failed the challenge. Its not that hard... you've just not been good enough, try harder next time. You can't reset the challenge in Sunken Labyrinth or School of tham mirdain other timerun instances either.
    Last edited by Oelle; Jun 15 2016 at 05:35 AM.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    Burglars don't suck.
    They just have not real ranged attacks and no real aoe. Besides that, they are fine. DPS and debuffs are okay. Not great like RK/Warden, but okay.
    With my burglar, which has the worst equipment of all my chars, i can kill enemies that other chars cannot like solo bosses in HoN for example, where my hunter fails at (bad tact-mits (but more than my burg)).

imo, a challenge quest should finally fail, once it really fails. like in silent street, if you fight the boss and you are too slow and time runs out. At this point, it should fail and not reset anymore. If you wipe before the time ran out, i think it should be resetting.
    Still, I don't really see big problems with it not resetting at all. If you fail the challenge, you know you have to do more dps in the next run. You just failed the challenge. Its not that hard... you've just not been good enough, try harder next time. You can't reset the challenge in Sunken Labyrinth or School of tham mirdain other timerun instances either.
    I could write a wall of text, but the conclusion will be the same: you're an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    The problem is, for those groups that haven't yet figured out how to complete the challenge (tactics, as well as dps), it means that each time they want to try to complete the challenge, they need to run the entire instance first, and for a slightly less capable group, that takes time.

If you've reached the boss after an hour or so (factoring in maybe a wipe or two), and then, on the first attempt at the last boss, you just about get to the Mardil/Voronwe stage, but wipe because extra mobs lead to aggro issues, or an increase in damage that a less competent healer can't deal with, or whatever, then you've lost all chance at succeeding at the challenge that night. The good thing about challenges in the past is that, if you failed them, you would happily expend lots of energy to find a set up or a tactic that night to beat it, and if you didn't manage it, at least you'd made some progress. However, having only one shot at this challenge, likely with slightly different groups each time (even for a kin run), means that seriously limited progress can be made.

Therefore, please make the challenge reset on any failed attempt at the last boss fight, regardless of whether the group fails during the challenge phase or not. We're not asking you to make the fight easier, just to give us more chances to get it right.

Instances:
    • Featured Instances - Ost Elendil has been replaced by Dungeons of Dol Guldur, Inn of the Forsaken has been replaced by Stoneheight, and Ost Dunhoth Wound & Fear has been replaced by Helegrod Drake Wing. Featured Instance armour and jewellery have been removed from Featured Instance challenge chests.

Why?

I can't even. If people can do the challenge in the featured instance, why should they not get a little higher chance of loot?

Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    Why?

I can't even. If people can do the challenge in the featured instance, why should they not get a little higher chance of loot?
    probably has something to do with oe being farmed to death for jewellery

Imbued legacy tiers have been extended by 15 levels (10 for the main legacy (dps/healing)). Legacies will have 5 new tiers unlocked by default, and 10 that can be unlocked with scrolls of empowerment. Main legacy will have 5 new tiers unlocked by default, and 5 tiers that can be unlocked with star-lit crystals.
    Well, fire Rune-Keepers were not strong enough right now so that's probably the right thing to do to balance things out...
    :help:

Quote Originally Posted by icefriend View Post
    probably has something to do with oe being farmed to death for jewellery
    Maybe I missed something, but what will be the purpose of doing the challenge then ?

15 new legacy tiers?! More than a 33% increase right there... Ouch. Don't you think this is a bit much?
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

the skill rally is gone on my skillbar cant find in skills list???

For burglar, mobs in instance should have more HP but be less in overall numbers.

Or having knives out working like rains of arrow is working for hunters when trait properly.

Please join us this week for an early preview of Update 18.2. We welcome your feedback and would particularly appreciate feedback on the new 12-person Raid - Throne of the Dread Terror.

The following release notes are for the Bullroarer public test server only and may not reflect the final list of changes or updates included at release.

These notes are not final and should be viewed as a work in progress and subject to change.

1. The Eyes and Guard Tavern is open!
    2. The Bullroarer character database has been wiped. You can re-copy your live characters using the transfer wizard on your live launcher.
    3. The final boss in the Raid has not been fully implemented. Trash mobs in the raid also are not complete.
    4. German and French localization has not been completed for U18.2 content and features.

Important Note: Please be aware that the build you are seeing here is a work in progress and is by no means the finished Update 18.2 product. There are items that are not yet complete. There may also be items missing from this initial list, this is not intentional and will be added as we progress.

The Enemy's grip tightens on the defenders of Gondor as Gothmog seizes control of the armies of Mordor. Marching from the gates of Osgiliath, foes pour into the Pelennor Fields with a renewed vigour. In the wake of the Witch-king's defeat, vile sorcery looms over the field as the most powerful allies of the Dread Terror are summoned forth. If Gothmog spoke true of the fate he shares with Golodir, can victory yet be found?
    Level 105 characters can use the Instance Finder Specific tab to access our new 12-person Raid: Throne of the Dread Terror. This raid is only available to capped characters and can be run at tier 1 or tier 2 difficulty. On tier 1, this raid has no raid locks. On tier 2, raid locks will be applied to your group with every boss defeat.

Our LOTRO architects have been experimenting with ways to add housing hooks to our existing housing system. You can find one test house of each type to check out the results:
    Elf
    5 Haven Way - Standard
    7 Haven Way - Deluxe
    8 Haven Way - Kinship
    Dwarf
    5 Roaring Road - Kinship
    Hobbit
    6 Myrtle Court - Deluxe
    4 Myrtle Court - Kinship
    Man
    3 Long Street - Standard
    6 Long Street - Deluxe
    5 Long Street - Kinship

Classes:
    • All Minstrels gain Rally! at level 45 with a cooldown of 12.5 minutes.
    • Minstrels will have all their class trait points reset at login.
    • The Burglar deed Resistance is Futile now advances when you hit with Riddle or Trick Removal skills, rather than when those skills are resisted.
    • Characters of level 95 and above can no longer gain Inspired Greatness.

Instances:
    • The three balance effects that increase the power of all Tier 2 instance mobs are now visible. These effects have always existed, but they have been invisible until now.

Quests and Landscape:
    • Norcrofts - Quest Wild Horses is fixed
    • Relic / forge masters have finally reported for duty in the Hobbit housing neighbourhood.
    • Fixed some pathing for NPCs on the Field of Onslaught.
    • Removed the leftover invisible Reflecting Pool in Minas Tirith Besieged, since it wasn't supposed to be there.
    • The stablemaster will once again allow you to travel from Bar Hurin.
    • Summer Festival - Players can now travel easily to the party tree from a summer festival waypoint placed at each of the race's starting areas; Players can now travel easily between the Eating Contest, Keg Races, Party Tree, and Thorin's Hall.

Other:
    • Eyes & Guard Tavern: Players can now skip Epic Volume IV Books 5 and 6, as well as the 'Wrath and Ruin' quest chain.
    Were are the Hunter / Burg buffs and the rk nerfs?

Loft my friend where are the changes???????????

Characters of level 95 and above can no longer gain Inspired Greatness.
    Thank you for finally fixing this.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    15 new legacy tiers?! More than a 33% increase right there... Ouch. Don't you think this is a bit much?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo

Quote Originally Posted by BuuFuu View Post
    Were are the Hunter / Burg buffs and the rk nerfs?

Loft my friend where are the changes???????????
    Why exactly do the rks need a nerd buddy? I don't play one but front what I have seen they don't seem over powered. Also when will the beorning yellow line in combat rez be fixed? The bug with it is very annoying. Can't wait to get on later today and try it out =)
    Last edited by MKJP_2014; Jun 15 2016 at 07:30 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast