We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Avoidance Penetration

Anórien Burglar signals have been significantly improved. They now grant more stats, and they give a new stat: Avoidance Penetration. This stat effectively bypasses part of the enemy's Block, Parry, and Evade ratings.
    How you understand "effectively bypasses part"? I wonder how it works at all. It cant just lower, from that we have finesse. If it's amount of dmg, number on one signal can be little to slow to change anything, 3th option that I can think of is rating of partial BPE that is bypassing, but what amount of dmg?

Discuss.

How I understand it:

Finesse reduces the % of the enemy avoidance chance and it does not affect the partial avoidance's. The new stat should reduce the b/p/e rating directly and this will reduce full b/p/e of the mob, partial b/p/e and also the amount of damage which is partially avoided.

Of course this still has to be tested.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtari - Rune Keeper / Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Merlotta - CHP 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    How I understand it:

Finesse reduces the % of the enemy avoidance chance and it does not affect the partial avoidance's. The new stat should reduce the b/p/e rating directly and this will reduce full b/p/e of the mob, partial b/p/e and also the amount of damage which is partially avoided.

Of course this still has to be tested.
    This should be the same as the hunter legacy -evade chance modifier i believe, but i could be wrong considering how Turbine sucks at coding.
    Moridin

Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

I did a cursory look at this with combat analysis on the Black Blade in a DoS T2 run last night, and while my (non-bleed) partial evades were 40% lower than a champion's that I ran with, the difference in real-world damage is probably on the order of 1%. It's a neat idea, but I don't think meaningful enough to make a real difference.

It works the same way as the T2 MOBs' reduction in our b/p/e and mitigations works, it lowers the rating, so they need more to get the same percentage. It's similar to Counter Defense lowering their rating.

You shouldn't see much of any effect on group runs since there's no block or parry when you are attacking with position, but it should help for solo play, return our crits a bit that were lost with the b/p/e full/partial changes.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

This is what I assume, that it directly subtracts from the mob's BPE rating.

"It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    It works the same way as the T2 MOBs' reduction in our b/p/e and mitigations works, it lowers the rating, so they need more to get the same percentage. It's similar to Counter Defense lowering their rating.

You shouldn't see much of any effect on group runs since there's no block or parry when you are attacking with position, but it should help for solo play, return our crits a bit that were lost with the b/p/e full/partial changes.
    So this is just weaker version of Finesse?

Quote Originally Posted by Cliford View Post
    So this is just weaker version of Finesse?
    No. If it reduces rating directly it also affects partials - which finesse doesn't.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    No. If it reduces rating directly it also affects partials - which finesse doesn't.
    Thanks for clarification, but next question appears. What is first? I mean first AP lowering rating and than finesse or opposite?

What is first?
    Since percentage comes from rating, presumably rating is adjusted first. (But since the b/p/e partial changes Finesse is now only really useful for tactical classes, or CC, what does it matter?)
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Thanks for clarification, but next question appears. What is first? I mean first AP lowering rating and than finesse or opposite?
    I don't see how it matters either way.

Finesse gets rid of a fixed amount of full avoidance calculated by the Finesse formula. Avoidance Penetration lowers avoidance ratings, which then directly decreases the full and partial avoidances (and partial magnitude?). So I guess intuitively, one would assume AP happens before Finesse.

As I understand it, if I had 12,885 Block Parry and Evade rating, I'd have 20% partial BPE and 13% full BPE. If an enemy had 12,885 Avoidance Penetration, I would have 0% full/partial BPE UNLESS I had traits/bonuses giving me raw avoidance BPE percentages (1% parry chance from 1H sword, 5% evade from class traits, etc.) In that case, even if an enemy had 100,000 AP, I would still have my 5% evade from class traits, assuming they had 0 Finesse.

So I guess Finesse is the only thing that can reliably penetrate avoidances provided from non-rating buffs, and Avoidance Penetration is the only thing that can reliably penetrate partial avoidances. As far as penetrating full BPE provided by rating is concerned though, they both do the same thing so I don't think order matters.