We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 56 of 109 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2705

Thread: The Riddle-Game

Re: The Riddle-Game

Correct the great eagles is the answer, and I was specificaly thinking of their arrival at the battle of 5 armies, though it does fit the others instances to,

and the gnarled swords did refer to their talons

edit: and the eagles came as night was falling on the battle of 5 armies. When Bilbo regained consciousness and found the battle over and won, it was the following morning. So the eagles' attack was through the night
    Last edited by elvyen; Mar 25 2008 at 01:53 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000001a9c5/01007/signature.png]Elviendur[/charsig]
    [COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"]"And it is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this earth; and many of the children of Illuvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen"[/SIZE][/color]

Whenever things seemed hopeless for the free peoples, the eagles would always show up. It's just too bad I can't get my hands on Helchgam's slime so I can work on getting one as a pet .

To the wicked and stupid he once was a slave,
    To the mighty and righteous his aid then he gave,
    From weak and oppressed to healthy and wise,
    His path was bound eastward due to spy's lies,
    Valued beyond what most would appraise,
    From Misties to Shire, he saw much in his days.

This one's about one of my favorite characters in Tolkein's works
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Landroval - Nibenrhaw ~ Loremaster | Eladrid ~ Burglar | Squeesh ~ Defiler[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]Meneldor - Fungushnitzel ~ Minstrel | Clingan ~ Champion | Snapnakh ~ Stalker[/COLOR]

Could it be Theoden?
    Glamral Isten Fusillade Glamdral Glammit Glammi Glamdren Glamrik Glambo. Salvation. Meneldor. Psylent Contagion Infection Infestation Afflicted Pathological. Salivation. Meneldor.

Theoden fits the first four lines pretty well... but isn't the intended answer.
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Landroval - Nibenrhaw ~ Loremaster | Eladrid ~ Burglar | Squeesh ~ Defiler[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]Meneldor - Fungushnitzel ~ Minstrel | Clingan ~ Champion | Snapnakh ~ Stalker[/COLOR]

Okay I just had an odd thought. Probably wrong though..

Bill the Pony?
    Glamral Isten Fusillade Glamdral Glammit Glammi Glamdren Glamrik Glambo. Salvation. Meneldor. Psylent Contagion Infection Infestation Afflicted Pathological. Salivation. Meneldor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusillade View Post
    Okay I just had an odd thought. Probably wrong though..

Bill the Pony?
    Probably wrong? Ain't nothing wrong about Bill the Pony

You're correct, Fusillade

Nice riddle.

Okay somebody else feel free to take my turn and I'll take a shot at one later.

Ok then, here's another. I don't think this one will last for long, but who knows....

I'm an agent of evil, never known good or fair
    I'm always in trouble, and in debt, and in fear
    I am found in water, oceans, rivers, and lakes
    But I avoid mountains and clouds like the plague
    Absent when Varda turned her stares to the stars
    Without me your fate would be wider by far
    So show me the respect in the end that I'm due
    Despite that I'm always with them and not you

e? drunmkymselfparaplegic

Errr, that kinda sounded like you guessed the letter E.

And you're right of course! Good job Jonwah.

hurhruhrhurh dfrunks ta best riddles! i ospt mornings ti
    Thus he came alone to Angband's gates, and he sounded his horn, and smote once more upon the brazen doors, and challenged Morgoth to come forth to single combat. And Morgoth came.

Elrodan - 49 Capt, Elendilmir - Aurora Australis

Hey, you took my letter idea, but did it 10000x better than I did. Grr...
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Oops :| Posting after you get home from the pub is a bad idea.. I'm working on a new riddle but someone feel free to post one in the meantime, I might be a day or so..
    Thus he came alone to Angband's gates, and he sounded his horn, and smote once more upon the brazen doors, and challenged Morgoth to come forth to single combat. And Morgoth came.

Five were the soldiers in my command,
    And death justly we did deal in many lands,
    But after our greatest triumph,
    Our little band was severed from our master,
    Like an old horse left out to pasture.

I hath known the deepest extent of evil,
    But burning corruption left me peaceful,
    My master mastered Death itself,
    But my fate was seperate, selfless,
    Dying, I delivered to him,
    His two great treasures,
    In one outstretched limb.

Here it is, although it's pretty terrible, and I think a bit too easy...

*bump* We really need to get this thread a sticky eh?

e.h.b
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000a3c89/01001/signature.png]Eroin[/charsig]
    and the ever watchful warg, waiting from the shadows, fear the name of Bagulrat.

Yeah, it does need a sticky, seeing as it's one of the longest threads on the forum, and easily one of the best...

Your riddle made me think of Beren's hand. Is that right?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000001a9c5/01007/signature.png]Elviendur[/charsig]
    [COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"]"And it is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this earth; and many of the children of Illuvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen"[/SIZE][/color]

Oh, I took a look at the riddle but never thought of Beren's hand, good guess.

Ah, yes, great riddle there, and good solution .
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Sure was elvyen I took a few liberties as per usual, the two great treasures in particular I was not sure about; I took the view that the Ring of Barahir was on his other hand, and that the Silmarillion and Luthien were his two great treasures, the Ring being but an Heirloom and symbol of friendship...

Excellent riddle, I liked it a lot!

I don't have one ready at the moment, so whoever wants to may step in

Here's a couple riddles (both with the same answer)

Where none have been
    Ever waiting, never born
    Uncertainty lay therein
    And the sickly's scorn

and....

The lazy man's friend
    The fallen's fondest wish
    Resource without end
    So you may as well fish!

I like the second one better, it's more upbeat.

Another easy one but again fun to write:

Slowly hurrying they went
    When the summons had been sent
    The old and older arrived
    To discuss he who connived
    He schemed and he dissembled
    So said all assembled

Some saw fit to declare
    That this was not their affair
    But there were others there
    Whose ire, intense though rare
    Now risen to new height
    And coupled with ancient might
    Would throw the schemer down
    Like rocks upon the ground

They deliberately considered
    Though some might say they dithered
    And when the talk subsided
    To war they had decided
    The enemy’s ears would ring
    With the war songs they would sing
    Their march would rattle bone
    They’d trample flesh and stone

Oh what a choice was made
    That day upon the glade
    And what strange fates befell
    That day upon the dell

Is the answer the Entmoot?

It is indeed. And sorry for posting on top of yours... forgot to refresh after finishing my riddle.

Page 56 of 109 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 ... LastLast