We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2705

Thread: The Riddle-Game

Re: The Riddle-Game

Coldfells Guardian.
    [SIZE="4"]Not a player of LOTRO, an inhabitant of Middle-earth.[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"]Who hates the new forum software.[/SIZE]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001fe149/01008/signature.png]Eordel[/charsig]

Ha, ha....... No.
    You're on the right track in a way--except Coldfells is not the word in front of the Guardian. But I expect you knew that.

As for the other riddle... I have no idea. I think the Dark One is Sauron or Melkor, but am not sure.
    Silmarils?
    Last edited by LOTRFan101; Mar 09 2008 at 10:00 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

The Guard of the Tower of Gondor is who your getting at I'm guessing

Hmm, time to think about the other riddle now..

The Towers of the Teeth for the second riddle, and possibly the Morannon as well, the Black Gates of Mordor. They served Gondor and Sauron, there are 2 of them, they served without questioning, and closed on their former masters. They were on either side of the opening to Mordor, and were close enough to see the fall of Barad-Dur.

(time to continue my losing streak )

e.h.b
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000a3c89/01001/signature.png]Eroin[/charsig]
    and the ever watchful warg, waiting from the shadows, fear the name of Bagulrat.

Hah, thats brilliant, I was thinking about that for quite a while and was stumped completely.. Nice riddle bluthorn, and good thinking e_h_b

Yep, the Guard of the Tower, or the Citadel Guards, as they're known in some media. Good job, Jonwah! (I was spot-on in my prediction too... it got solved by morning EST!)
    Last edited by LOTRFan101; Mar 10 2008 at 07:22 AM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Wow, I haven't checked the thread over the weekend, but you guys have been busy! Nice riddles everyone (too bad I didn't get a chance to guess at a couple of them though). Going back to Jonwah's riddle from last week, Music of the Ainur makes perfect sense in retrospect.

Well since no other riddles are currently up, I'll post one. I don't think it should be too difficult, but we'll see.

Beginning to end, quite the pleasant pair,
    Courageous cleansers of the traitor's lair.
    One born from the fruit of a paladin's flair,
    And the son of masters from across the brink,
    That changed from the old to a very fine drink,
    Such avalanche bringers whose hearts never sink,
    Should be held in quite high regard, I do think.
    Last edited by Womdon; Mar 10 2008 at 01:56 PM.
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Landroval - Nibenrhaw ~ Loremaster | Eladrid ~ Burglar | Squeesh ~ Defiler[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]Meneldor - Fungushnitzel ~ Minstrel | Clingan ~ Champion | Snapnakh ~ Stalker[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Womdon View Post
    Wow, I haven't checked the thread over the weekend, but you guys have been busy! Nice riddles everyone (too bad I didn't get a chance to guess at a couple of them though). Going back to Jonwah's riddle from last week, Music of the Ainur makes perfect sense in retrospect.

Well since no other riddles are currently up, I'll post one. I don't think it should be too difficult, but we'll see.

Beginning to end, quite the pleasant pair,
    Courageous cleansers of the traitor's lair.
    One born from the fruit of a paladin's flair,
    And the son of masters from across the brink,
    That changed from the old to a very fine drink,
    Such avalanche bringers whose hearts never sink,
    Should be held in quite high regard, I do think.
    Peregrin Took (son of Paladin) and Meriadoc Brandybuck

Great riddle by the way.

Thanks, and it just so happens I've got another this morning:

These unselfish providers of drink and food
    And generous remitters of armor and garb
    Burdened and slaughtered but bearing no feud
    Just living simply with no need of hate's barb
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Landroval - Nibenrhaw ~ Loremaster | Eladrid ~ Burglar | Squeesh ~ Defiler[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]Meneldor - Fungushnitzel ~ Minstrel | Clingan ~ Champion | Snapnakh ~ Stalker[/COLOR]

hmm... the people of Rohan?
    [color=gray][i]The bright blade of Anduril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. [size=3][color=gold]"Elendil!"[/size][/color] he cried. "I am Aragorn son of Arathorn and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dunadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!"[/i][/color]

Good morning LA. Not the Rohan.. ummm... rohannites? Rohanions? Rohannans? Rohanese?

Errr, well, not the people of Rohan.

You mean Rohirrim?

As for the riddle, it sounds more like an animal to me--like a cow--providing food (with its dead self) drink (milk) and armor (leather from its hides).

A cow?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Moooo... Er, ahem.. a cow is correct! I guess you're up to 4, now.

Side note: I thought Rohirrim was just the title for the cavalry folks? Is that the term for all of them?

Side note: Maybe. I believe they referred to themselves as people of the Mark.

Further bad, easy to solve riddle upcoming:

I was born in the darkness
    And there I will force you.
    I speak little, but
    Act on my own whim.
    In me there is hate
    Yet a joy in battle.
    Four masters I had
    I took the lives of two.
    Now I am broken
    Buried at last.

Hint: It is a lore-riddle.
    Last edited by LOTRFan101; Mar 10 2008 at 04:55 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Maybe I've still got rings on the brain, but that one sounds like the One Ring to me.

Actually, that is a very good answer; the Ring got Deagol and Isildur killed as a direct result of possessing it; but counting those two, the Ring had 6 masters (others being Sam, Frodo, Bilbo, & Sauron himself). Guess again!
    Last edited by LOTRFan101; Mar 10 2008 at 06:18 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

It seems to fit Anglachel very nicely...
    [color=gray][i]The bright blade of Anduril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. [size=3][color=gold]"Elendil!"[/size][/color] he cried. "I am Aragorn son of Arathorn and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dunadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!"[/i][/color]

Good call LA, think you nailed it

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRFan101 View Post
    Actually, that is a very good answer; the Ring got Deagol and Isildur killed as a direct result of possessing it; but counting those two, the Ring had 6 masters (others being Sam, Frodo, Bilbo, & Sauron himself). Guess again!
    Ehrm... seven... you forgot Gollum. Eight if you count Smeagol separately. But at least seven.
    [SIZE="4"]Not a player of LOTRO, an inhabitant of Middle-earth.[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"]Who hates the new forum software.[/SIZE]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001fe149/01008/signature.png]Eordel[/charsig]

I was thinking Anglachel too, but four masters? Eol the dark smith forged it, so forged in darkness fits nicely, and it is a dark blade, but then Beleg Cuthalion wielded it, slain by Turin, who took up the blade and it took his own life, before being broken asunder...

So it fits nicely but four masters only works if you count Thingol as being it's master, however he never wielded the sword, only kept it in his halls (you will recount he gave Beleg the choice of any sword in the armoury apart from his own, Aranruth)

Anyway, nice riddle

Yeah, yeah, that's correct. Good job everyone.

I did count four: Eol, Thingol, Beleg, and Turin. I mean, Thingol never wielded it, true, but he did posses it.

But then, I miscounted the owners of the Ring, so I'm unreliable
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Haha yeah thats fine, it just confused me slightly... But then my riddles are confusing on purpose; which is just plain mean..

Tuesday morning, and it looks like it will be a bleak one at that. Boss is back in the office, I'm sure today will be hectic. But what the heck, that shouldn't keep me from writing a riddle or two, right?

Aligned with earth, and one with wood and bone,
    Kenning secret myths of the soul within the stone,
    As ages slowly passed and shadows rose and fell,
    White caps and sylvan lands ever knew us well,
    Sadly misunderstood and thus fearing to be seen,
    We forever ward evil from our kingdom-between,
    Our great test was forgiveness for the ancient kin,
    Caring more for brothers lives than for brothers sins,
    Then rewarded for our virtue by the victoriously glad,
    With a very strange gift; that which we already had.
    Last edited by Womdon; Mar 11 2008 at 02:18 PM.

You know that sounds a lot like the Earth-Kin from Lotro..

Is it a game-related riddle?

It's lore-based, but not necessarily game-based

Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast