We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 10 of 109 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: The Riddle-Game

Re: The Riddle-Game

The Hall of Mandos?
    Oh and I'll try to come up with one tonight.
    [size=1]Bailo FoolTook, Hobbit Burglar ~ Karzuk, Dwarf Minstrel (Elendilmir)
    Freddrick, Hobbit Minstrel ~ Rickman, Human Lore-Master (Landroval)[/size]
    [size=1]The wandering Hobbit of Elendilmir[/size]

Sorry for taking so long, people. Here's a rather easy one. To make it automatically cooler I wrote it in elvish. I'm no pro though so it may have mistakes .

Et Earello Endorenna utulien.
    Erde Aldo tucanen.
    Yondonyat carene i mindoni Anoro ar Isilo.
    Macilenya na i umbar ero.
    Man na (not sure about that word ) ni?

Out of the great sea to middle-earth I am come.
    A seedling of a tree I brought.
    My sons made the towers of sun and moon.
    My sword was the doom of one.
    Who am I?

Elendil the Tall

(and no elfboy its not
    the halls of mandos for my riddle)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000001a9c5/01007/signature.png]Elviendur[/charsig]
    [COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"]"And it is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this earth; and many of the children of Illuvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen"[/SIZE][/color]

Correct. I made it too easy

That's ok though, the elvish translation was beautiful

(and very well done too hehe)
    Last edited by elvyen; Sep 28 2007 at 03:27 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000001a9c5/01007/signature.png]Elviendur[/charsig]
    [COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"]"And it is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this earth; and many of the children of Illuvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen"[/SIZE][/color]

The thread is fading

I am saddened by this hehe

Doesnt anyone have anything new to contribute?

(also noone ever guessed the answer
    to my riddle above. maybe it wasnt very good..
    should i just give the answer?)

anyway I hope to hear from you riddlers out there again soon, Im in withdrawal

..ps- am i getting annoying with my hitting this thread so often? should i just let go? hehe

NO! don't let it go! I keep forgetting to take some time and write a poem! I usually have loads of time, but I don't always remember little tid bits like this I enjoy doing.

well i got one that a friend told me not too long ago. it's kinda pretty.

In marble walls as white as milk,
    Come layers as soft as silk,
    In a fountain crystal clear,
    A golden apple does appear,
    No doors are there to this stronghold,
    Yet thieves break in to steal it's gold.

i think that's right. not sure . i have a few more just in case.

"All is fair in Love and War."

yay another riddle!

My guess is an egg

(great riddle, i like it)

Here's another one I just wrote:

There is a great darkness that dwells in the south,
    Drinking all light, night it belches forth,
    Brooding and waiting in malice and power,
    With nothing left, itself does devour.

I hope it's not too easy...

aha gj. an egg is right.
    all right here's another. try and guess this.

What force and strenght cannot get through,
    I with a gentle touch can do,
    And many in the street would stand,
    Were I not a friend in hand.

So I show up at work this morning, check the thread real quick, and BAM! 2 more riddles. Maybe this wont be such a bad day after all
    Great riddles, both of them.

After much deep thought and pondering;
    my guesses,

last alliance: ungoliant?

dfmarketfresh: a key?

as for my turn, no one ever guessed my riddle from before, so I still offer that one haha

The bright shores of a newborn sea,
    Where swim the unclean souls
    When time and toil have taken toll
    Renewed here they shall be

Yes! Ungoliant is correct. I'm glad you had to ponder it for a while before figuring it out. You're riddle is very tricky, I'll think about it some more later.

aha gj. it's a key.

as for your riddle it may take me awhile. afterall i'm a warg, i'm a wee bit slower than a LM.

Well, Elvyen, I give up on your riddle. But here's another one that I wrote to keep your work days interesting:

I am the tallest of the three,
    Vision can be found in me,
    It's always watching - gazing Westward,
    Over the ever calling sea.

I've tried to make this very difficult, but I'm curious if you can guess it. You seem to be quite the lore monkey.

1 Highspires Street, Kapheim, Thorin's Hall

Smile Re: The Riddle-Game

Howzabout this?

I have burned bridges and besieged stars,
    Ruthless Usurper Captain am I,
    my tale is no farse, it is no lie.
    Many have said I was wild
    my body hewn by a father for vengeance
    of his lost child.

Who am I?

As to the unguessable riddle, is it specificly something in Lord of the Rings (being all of Tolkien's works, I mean) ? Or is it something more general.
    Last edited by TheOneRinger; Oct 10 2007 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Forgot to say something

Come on, Elvyen! You can guess his riddle! I'm not allowed to answer it though, as I've already guessed it. Theoneringer asked it of me before posting it here; as we know each other in real life. Although it looks like he's made it slightly less obvious than when he asked me. Here's a hint: the answer isn't lettuce.

1 Highspires Street, Kapheim, Thorin's Hall

Angry Re: The Riddle-Game

Whoa, that was giving far to much away! I'll never trust you again! Maybe.....

GREAT! riddles riddles riddles! haha im thrilled

Ack, the boss just arrived I'll ponder them while I have this page minimized hehe. It seems they'll take a quite a bit of thinking.

Someone else may guess them in the meantime though hehe

oh and a hint for my riddle.. what body of water has just been created, and where those who aren't clean "swim"?

Your talking bout the below riddle right Elvyen?
    The bright shores of a newborn sea,
    Where swim the unclean souls
    When time and toil have taken toll
    Renewed here they shall be
    guys... I am sick so I can't guess straight... so good luck to everyone else!

Ok lunchtime

I have a guess im not sure of for lastalliance's riddle. It sounds like the tower that used to be on weathertop (i dont remember the name.. ugh....amon something)
    I know that one had a palantir in it, which I think the reference to "vision is found in me" is pointing to.
    Like i said, a sketchy guess at best.
    (If thats wrong i think i might have another one haha)
    Awesome riddle!

and Theoneringer's riddle. wow.. i need more time. actually i thought i might have had it, but then i saw lastalliance's "hint" about lettuce and it totally threw me off lol.
    great riddle too!

Ill keep thinking about them. In the meantime, someone else might guess them first.

-(yeah elfboy thats the riddle I was talking about. I guess it's harder than i thought hehe. oh and sorry your sick get well soon)

aaaaah. The fall of Numenor... the sinking of Beleriand... The bright shores of a newborn sea... the undying lands... I suppose the new body of water is the water that came in where Beleriand sunk. (I don't know if that body of water has a name). Am I getting closer here? It seems like the answer could be the undying lands.

EDIT: Or could the answer itself be Beleriand? If not Beleriand..... Lindon?

As for my riddle, Amon Sul is close. However, it doesn't fit in with the rest of the riddle. The tallest of three what? Always looking Westwards? You're very close, though. Do some research!
    Last edited by lastalliance; Oct 11 2007 at 02:50 PM.

arrgh Ill keep thinking about it! I may have to pull out the books hehe
    and I still dont have a guess for theonering. but I will, oh yes.. I will.

As for my riddle, nope your not close lastalliance haha, think something far less grand. In fact, the hobbits visited this sea during their visit to the Prancing Pony
    Last edited by elvyen; Oct 11 2007 at 03:16 PM.

umm... the wraith world?

I guess I'll just give the answer, maybe it was just too obscure. It's a bathtub

Still thinking about the other riddles.

Page 10 of 109 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast