We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 58 of 109 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2705

Thread: The Riddle-Game

Re: The Riddle-Game

Is it Orome? or possibly his horn Valaroma? lol do i get two guesses in one try?
    "And long there he lay, an image of the spendour of the Kings of Men in glory undimmed before the breaking of the world."

It doesnt get any better than this.

Hey there hezrin and Jonwah. I'm feeling a bit superficial today Orome's right. Good job guys!

(I gotta write up an easier one now and then to make up for that Lobelia one)
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Landroval - Nibenrhaw ~ Loremaster | Eladrid ~ Burglar | Squeesh ~ Defiler[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]Meneldor - Fungushnitzel ~ Minstrel | Clingan ~ Champion | Snapnakh ~ Stalker[/COLOR]

I guess that would be Oromë, the huntsman of the Valar. In the dawn of Arda, Oromë would blow his great horn, Valaroma, and all that heard it in the woods of Yavanna were drawn to Valinor, where Oromë would train them to pursue the creatures of Melkor.

Oromë had a great love for all of Arda's flora (olvar), especially trees, which is why he was called Aldaron. The Sindar called him Tauron, the Lord of Forests. It was he who first discovered the Eldar, and who taught them the truth of the Valar.

His spouse and companion was Vana, the sister of Yavanna. She was the Valar most greatly embodying the spirit of beauty and everlasting youth, so that the flowers were said to open, and birds to sing, whenever she passed by.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=lime][SIZE=1][COLOR=lime][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000064094/01001/signature.png]Mugwump[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=lime][SIZE=1][COLOR=lime]Note to players who want to be considered literate: [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=cyan][I]You're [/I]= You are. [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=cyan][I]Your [/I]= Belonging to you. [I]It's[/I] = It is. [I]Its[/I] = belonging to it. [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=cyan][I]They're[/I] = They are. [I]Their[/I] = Belonging to them. [I]There[/I] = At that place.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=lime][SIZE=1][COLOR=yellow][I]Items[/I] = More than one item. [I]Item's[/I] = Belonging to the item. (True for almost all nouns.)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Dang, the answer was given while I was writing my reply!

Anyway, here's an easy one: Which of the Free Peoples of Middle Earth were the first to be created?
    Last edited by gradivus; Mar 28 2008 at 02:22 PM.

Yep, but you still got it right too
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Landroval - Nibenrhaw ~ Loremaster | Eladrid ~ Burglar | Squeesh ~ Defiler[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]Meneldor - Fungushnitzel ~ Minstrel | Clingan ~ Champion | Snapnakh ~ Stalker[/COLOR]

Great (riddle) poem, by the way. Is it your creation? Beautiful.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=lime][SIZE=1][COLOR=lime][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000064094/01001/signature.png]Mugwump[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=lime][SIZE=1][COLOR=lime]Note to players who want to be considered literate: [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=cyan][I]You're [/I]= You are. [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=cyan][I]Your [/I]= Belonging to you. [I]It's[/I] = It is. [I]Its[/I] = belonging to it. [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=cyan][I]They're[/I] = They are. [I]Their[/I] = Belonging to them. [I]There[/I] = At that place.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=lime][SIZE=1][COLOR=yellow][I]Items[/I] = More than one item. [I]Item's[/I] = Belonging to the item. (True for almost all nouns.)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Yes, thank you I'm usually in here spamming people with my riddles. Speaking of such, here's one that's a bit different from my normal style:

I've been sighted,
    I've been coming,
    Though I have been known to stop.
    The undesirable stack
    The bad end of the stick
    And a propensity for cakes and breads that are thick

lol do we get a hint? is it lore related?
    "And long there he lay, an image of the spendour of the Kings of Men in glory undimmed before the breaking of the world."

Quote Originally Posted by gradivus View Post
    Dang, the answer was given while I was writing my reply!

Anyway, here's an easy one: Which of the Free Peoples of Middle Earth were the first to be created?
    You probably meant to post this one in the Middle-Earth Quiz game, but I'll bite...

Well, first impulse is to say elves, but as I recall, the dwarves were actually made before the elves, they just got put in cold storage - so to speak - because they weren't on the schedule.

EDIT: In answer to hezrin, it's not lore related

Is it yeast?

Sorry, not yeast

Man? or Hobbits? The English have--or used to have--a propensity for thick bread, and Shire folk seem very "Old Country English" types.

Edit: In which case, I suppose "the short end of the stick" refers to mortality?
    Last edited by gradivus; Mar 30 2008 at 01:30 PM.

Well, actually I called it the bad end of the stick.

It's not men/hobbits but I think you're pretty close.

Um... Gollum? But no, he liked fish, not breads and cakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Womdon View Post
    You probably meant to post this one in the Middle-Earth Quiz game...

Well, first impulse is to say elves, but as I recall, the dwarves were actually made before the elves, they just got put in cold storage - so to speak - because they weren't on the schedule.
    Right on both counts!

Well after a couple days a hint is probably in order.

Sighted, Coming, and Stop in this case aren't necessarily verbs...

hahaha clever, sneaky even :O (....if im right that is)

the word short? it seems to fit into all the lines
    Last edited by elvyen; Mar 31 2008 at 11:25 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000001a9c5/01007/signature.png]Elviendur[/charsig]
    [COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"]"And it is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this earth; and many of the children of Illuvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen"[/SIZE][/color]

It is indeed, Elvyen, short's the answer!

Good job

very sneaky indeed

i give my turn to Gradivus, as he definitely did all the hard work on this one
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000001a9c5/01007/signature.png]Elviendur[/charsig]
    [COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"]"And it is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this earth; and many of the children of Illuvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen"[/SIZE][/color]

Very clever riddle. I admit it had me stumped. /cheers
    Glamral Isten Fusillade Glamdral Glammit Glammi Glamdren Glamrik Glambo. Salvation. Meneldor. Psylent Contagion Infection Infestation Afflicted Pathological. Salivation. Meneldor.

My goodness today has been frantic at work. I'm soooo glad today's almost over.

But what would a weekday be without a new riddle? Here's one that's short and sweet:

The defenses of counterfeit avenger laid low,
    By this wide eyed friend of foe-hammering crow.
    Wave breaker, throne forsaker, sage and groom,
    Young half-chosen prophet of assembled doom.
    Last edited by Womdon; Mar 31 2008 at 07:39 PM.

I believe that would aragorn(lol maybe?)... he is the friend of Gandalf (called stormcrow, and Glamdring his sword is called foe hammer.)
    And he is a king... are you going by the movie reference that he sort of forsakes his throne for a while?

Good guess, you nailed the part about Gandalf, that's for sure. However, I'm not much of a movie reference kind of guy... and Aragorn isn't quite it. Close though!

Hmm well the only thing i can come up with is Bard the Bowman...

He laid the defenses of smaug low, smaug is counterfeit cause the treasure didnt belong to him.
    He is wide eyed, i guess that is in reference to him seeing that little chink in smaug's "armor". I can only suppose that he is a friend of Gandalf, that wizard keeps tabs on pretty much everyone.
    Since he lives in lake town, he would have to be a "wave breaker", he is the lost king of dale, so throne forsaker, smart guy and king so sage, one assumes he gets married(groom) (he has a lineage after him).
    He is young, but lol the last part has me stumped which is making me think its not Bard. But anyway, its my best guess.

Mr. Frodo Baggins himself?
    Thus he came alone to Angband's gates, and he sounded his horn, and smote once more upon the brazen doors, and challenged Morgoth to come forth to single combat. And Morgoth came.

Elrodan - 49 Capt, Elendilmir - Aurora Australis

Good guesses both, but he's not Bard or Frodo. He did encounter Frodo, though.

Page 58 of 109 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 ... LastLast