We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 109 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: The Riddle-Game

Re: The Riddle-Game

To Gibar2: Is it a fly?

To Elvyen: Is it a horn?

Aww, but it fits!

Hmm, my second guess is something like musical notes, or a song book. But that seems a little too obvious.

Still clueless on Gibar's...

No not a horn silverstein, good idea though

Hmm interesting thought about memory fitting the riddle.. i guess it does in a really poetic sort of way hehe

I guess the clues are just too obscure. Let me change the first line to

"These six, my children, I hold dear"

ok try that hehe

OH and i agree with silversteins answer to gibar's riddle brilliant! its gotta be right
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000001a9c5/01007/signature.png]Elviendur[/charsig]
    [COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"]"And it is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this earth; and many of the children of Illuvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen"[/SIZE][/color]

Is it a Lute?

Your correct! (though specifically i was thinking an acoustic guitar)

Next!

ps: Gibar2 is fly the answer????
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000001a9c5/01007/signature.png]Elviendur[/charsig]
    [COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"]"And it is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this earth; and many of the children of Illuvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen"[/SIZE][/color]

Ahhh, I was thinking Lord of The Rings style for the answer, I would have said acoustic guitar though if I wasn't.

Great riddle Elvyen.
    Last edited by Silverstein; Sep 18 2007 at 01:57 AM.

Thanks

Now get that next riddle up Silverstein, your turn

Its a bright spot in my work day when I make a quick check on the forums and there's another riddle up, and my work day needs all the bright spots it can get...

So get to it!!

I'm sorry, I can't come up with anything, if I do I'll post it right away, wish I was better at this.

Ok, I'll jump in again. Try this one:

The earth I love,
    The sun I hate,
    And morning birds,
    Unless they're late.

Worms!

Someone else can do the next riddle, I just wanted to get in on the action

Worms is correct, great job!

Hehe great riddle
    I wish I had gotten to guess it on my own, but when I checked the thread I hit the "last page" button and saw the answer before the riddle! ack
    Last edited by elvyen; Sep 21 2007 at 09:04 AM.

Thanks! I was a little afraid it was too obscure, but apparently not.

I'll try to come up with another one, but anyone can jump in.

Ok my latest offering

I help write many books
    I help compose many symphonies
    Buried treasure is found with my help
    Also mysteries are solved with my help
    I am a helper but I am also an island
    I keep people away but I also let them in
    I am made of paper, metals, coral and ivory
    Or I am made of nothing at all
    What am I?

Knowledge? Or the mind/brain?

Ideas (made of nothing at all)

I'm thinking Ideas is closer, if not correct, than mine []. I would say imagination, but I think someone made a previous poem on that.

Very good guesses, but i'm thinking they dont really fit every line,

Try again

Your hands?

Hands doesn't really match the last 2 lines though

Tough one, I'll think on it a while.

Is it a key?

Nice guess last alliance, I think you got it.

KEY it is!! nice one. ok lastalliance, your up

Must.. have.. more.. riddles.. Come on does anyone have one?

In the meantime, here's a short one I just wrote

The bright shores of a newborn sea,
    Where swim the unclean souls
    When time and toil have taken toll
    Renewed here they shall be

Now someone else write one I can ponder, it makes my workday a little more bearable

Cya

Page 9 of 109 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast