We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question What happened to PVP on this server?

I've been away for a few years - there are lots of new gamers on this server, in addition to veteran gamers that have transferred. I don't see this forum active like it used to be, maybe the players are not avid forum users, but I would like to get a sense of what has happened to PVP here.

- Clepto/Determination

Quote Originally Posted by Determination View Post
    I've been away for a few years - there are lots of new gamers on this server, in addition to veteran gamers that have transferred. I don't see this forum active like it used to be, maybe the players are not avid forum users, but I would like to get a sense of what has happened to PVP here.

- Clepto/Determination
    This may sound glib but...log on, go to the moors and see what is up. Things are slow still after the new content was released but it is picking up again. What you read/experience on the forums is not likely to be indicative of the action out there as few PvPers actually post here and it isn't a truly representational group that does. Some will say the influx of new people killed the fun, others say it is awesome and the majority are silent. LoL I am enjoying it 100% There are great folks on both sides and am enjoying getting to know new freeps and creeps.

Lothhil, transfer from Brandy :-)

EDIT: God I am an idiot (no comments on that part please ;-) ) I thoguht this was in the Arkenstone PvMP section. My apologies! I started on Crick but moved away ages ago...
    Last edited by Eirika; May 03 2016 at 03:01 PM.
    'I'm a hunter, I have all the defensive capability of a wet dishrag' - Lothhil

I would agree with that. I might add the new update and festival and resulting gear grind as well as free transfers opening again have hurt Crickhollow again. That being said we have some wild highs and lows when it comes to Inf/Re and we certainly have had a mix of people come thru but our averages on creepside range from 3k a day from someone who is only on a few hours to 20k days for our more determined creeps. Overall we have less lag and smaller to raid size groups running around with a good mix of low and high rank toons. I also agree we have quite a few great people on both sides.

Warpig

To sum it up,
    75 cap: Great action, Raids, constant TA fights + old EC/OC action

85 cap: dragged out fights, no longer focused around TA (because OPs gave mastery, keeps gave inf bonus), less action, first big transfer wave off the server

95 cap - 100 cap: almost no raids, a little action here and there; a transfer wave of Pvpers came and left again (action peak);

now: action was starting to recover until this monday.... guess what? transfer wave left crick.

From my perspective - this is a very unfortunate server, PvMP-wise.

Takes too long for freeps to get pvp ready on a small server. No lvl 105 pvp gear anyways makes it a little awkward. No group action keeps newbies away on both sides (newbie greenies can't kill anything). Ettenmoors is a big map only about 30% is really used on pvp, means alot of aimless running around gets boring. Unbalance toons blah blah. 9 year old game now? Who knows how many LI, skill, gear bugs. Pvp starting to pick up on bigger servers but doubt crick will have any action for a long time with the free transfers off world going on till june.

That RP though pretty solid here

Quote Originally Posted by Blato View Post
    To sum it up,
    75 cap: Great action, Raids, constant TA fights + old EC/OC action

85 cap: dragged out fights, no longer focused around TA (because OPs gave mastery, keeps gave inf bonus), less action, first big transfer wave off the server

95 cap - 100 cap: almost no raids, a little action here and there; a transfer wave of Pvpers came and left again (action peak);

now: action was starting to recover until this monday.... guess what? transfer wave left crick.

From my perspective - this is a very unfortunate server, PvMP-wise.
    This is almost perfect. The mass PvP transfer was good while it lasted (this was before free transfers near end of 2014 I think) in which our server was designated. But IMO the reason it failed was the ridiculous freeps to creep ratio which was roughly 2:1 and at the end after the excessive camping more like 3:1 when it died again, the amount of greenie creeps we had running around compared to say R12+ freeps etc you get the idea of how it panned out. We had good fights while it lasted when the high rank creeps logged in. This is a very large server with plenty of players, if someone was able to get more to venture into the moors there would be no problem at all.
    Me personally I've stayed here the whole time then tried out other servers for PvP action but at the end of the day I will take 6 years of friendship over any other servers PvP action. And IMO the grass isn't that much greener anywhere else if at all, this games PvP is very little and it is a pve game, I have just accepted that and will stay here forever.

-Kornakhas (no pc)