We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A new call for The Palantir Test Server applications.

Do you enjoy group content? When an instance is being done with your kin or your friends are you always there? If the answer to those questions is yes, we may be looking for you!
    We are coming up on the time when we will begin testing our new raid and other content on our Palantir test server and we need more people to help us test the content out and make it as great as is can be. If you would like to help us out and become part of our testing group, here is what you will need to do.

Things to Consider Before Applying:

• Participation in the Preview Program should enhance your LOTRO Live experience, not replace it. If real life obligations or hobbies (including playing on Live) take up the majority of your spare time, the Preview Program may not be right for you.
    • We have an extremely aggressive development cycle, and only a short span of time to test the content. For this reason we need players who are strongly committed to helping us improve the game with little or no reward (other than our undying gratitude). If you feel you will not be able to regularly participate on the server, this program may not be right for you.
    • Do you get a sense of accomplishment by reporting bugs or participating in forum feedback? Even if the suggestions you make or the feedback you give is not directly acted upon or implemented, you should be able to feel you have contributed just the same.
    • The Preview Program is focused on testing the content currently in development and as such you are expected to provide feedback on the requested topics. This is not an opportunity to bypass the Live forums with a personal campaign or as an attempt to directly communicate with developers about irrelevant topics. If you’re not interested in helping us improve the content we are currently working on, this program is not right for you.

Requirements of the Palantir Private Preview Program

• Must have a valid VIP or Premium subscription in good standing to The Lord of the Rings Online
    • Must be at least 18 years of age
    • Must be able to interact with the community in a mature and constructive manner
    • Must be able to communicate well through forum posts and bug reports
    • Must have a strong command of written English

You must accept the terms of the Private Preview Program Non-Disclosure Agreement, the full contents of which will be provided during the registration process should you be accepted to the program

If you think the Palantir Private Preview Program is right for you, we encourage you to apply! If you do not think you’re right for the program but would love to give your feedback, we encourage you to post to these boards with your ideas. Everyone who plays LOTRO matters to us, whether you are in this program or not.

How to Apply
    Please send an email to lotropalantirpreviewprogram@standingstonegames.com. In this email, please include the following information:

• Your Real first and Last Name (please do not provide nicknames)
    • Your Username for LOTRO (this is the account name you use to log in to the LOTRO launcher)
      • NOTE: If you have multiple subscriptions under this username, please provide the Subscription Nickname of the subscription you would like to use
      • If you have multiple Accounts, please only apply for one of them. We are only granting one subscription to Palantir per player at this time.

• Your Live Forum name (the name that displays on these boards) tied to the subscription in Bullet 2
    • The email address registered to the LOTRO Live account provided in bullet 2.
    • An explanation why you would like to participate in the preview program.
    • Please also note if you are part of a raiding group or Kinship and if others that you raid with are applying as well.

***Assure this information is sent via email only. Please do not use Private Message or apply through this thread.***

If you are accepted to the program, you will receive an email with instructions on how to get started. Applications will be reviewed on a regular basis, with invitations sent to accepted applicants shortly thereafter.
    Last edited by Tybur; Apr 27 2017 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    • Must have a valid VIP or Premium subscription in good standing to The Lord of the Rings Online
    i have a Question, what is for Turbine "good standing?"

gee, I only thought a small portion of the playerbase played group content

in all seriousness you need to trash this cherry picked player test server nonsense and just throw it up on Bullroarer. But hey, when has Turbine ever listened to a good idea.

Update 18

On the contrary, I believe that update 18 is actually the best thing that's happened to Lotro since the level cap was 85.
    Since the server merges, and with the new featured instances, servers like Arkenstone which I play on are bustling again
    and group content is being run in amounts that I haven't seen in years; end game and leveling characters alike.

I myself would love to try to test the new raids and instances, but I find myself too busy, and would prefer to raid or
    run instances with my kin or pug a 6-man in my spare time.

I wish you the best of luck and I cannot wait to see the new content! Everyone's really excited.

(Damn those nay-sayers). Keep up the good work Turbine!

Thank you for the tips Frelorn, will apply shortly.

"Dont cry - I'll pop a token for you!"
    elen sila lumenn omentielvo

Thumbs up

Thank you for this opportunity, application is in progress.
    Hope to see you soon on the Palantir Test Server!

Quote Originally Posted by frost702 View Post
    in all seriousness you need to trash this cherry picked player test server nonsense and just throw it up on Bullroarer.
    The problem with that is that they may not get constructive criticism about it. With an application, you can almost assure they're dedicated and not in it just to do it, if that makes any sense.

What time will you begin to send out the Invites?

Quote Originally Posted by Itoo View Post
    What time will you begin to send out the Invites?
    We are still going through all the applications we have received. Thank you all for the interest! I will post here once all the invitations for this round have been sent out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    We are still going through all the applications we have received. Thank you all for the interest! I will post here once all the invitations for this round have been sent out.
    Thank you for letting us know!

Thank you for continuing the program. Are there particular hardware requirements? A certain amount of free disk space available for a specialized client, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Duxx741 View Post
    Thank you for continuing the program. Are there particular hardware requirements? A certain amount of free disk space available for a specialized client, etc.?
    You just need enough disk space to fit a second copy of The Lord of the Rings Online. To be safe I would estimate 31 GB of free space.

Thank you all for your interest! Invitations for this round of Palantir applications went out on Wednesday 5/25/2016 for all applications received before that date. If you applied on or after Wednesday 5/25, your application will be considered in our next round.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeusz1223 View Post
    On the contrary, I believe that update 18 is actually the best thing that's happened to Lotro since the level cap was 85.
    Since the server merges, and with the new featured instances, servers like Arkenstone which I play on are bustling again
    and group content is being run in amounts that I haven't seen in years; end game and leveling characters alike.

I myself would love to try to test the new raids and instances, but I find myself too busy, and would prefer to raid or
    run instances with my kin or pug a 6-man in my spare time.

I wish you the best of luck and I cannot wait to see the new content! Everyone's really excited.

(Damn those nay-sayers). Keep up the good work Turbine!
    I totally agree..
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and dispair

Next Round?

I know its too late for u19,
    but for u20, when is the deadline for the next round of applications?

Any update on when the next batch of Palantir invitations will be sent out? It's been a long time since I've seen anything mentioned.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    Any update on when the next batch of Palantir invitations will be sent out? It's been a long time since I've seen anything mentioned.
    Recycling only the same people between updates isn't going to be good for internal feedback. Over time most people tend to regress to the classes with the most popular flavours (E.g. rk's wardens).

Unless there's some hidden formula the devs have used to keep people testing certain classes and mechanics in an unbiased way, I wouldn't expect this type of regression to be any different for the Palantir population.

For an internal testing environment, I can see that will be a really big problem; you'll get an increasing number of people who, over time, will become increasingly invested in justifying disproportionately balanced game and class mechanics, simply because that's what they've come to love using themselves. For example, could we expect that any non-rk DPS will be disproportionately represented? If the average game population is anything to go by, I think it's safe to presume yes, and I can only anticipate the kinds of problems this would create when trying to discuss and test the nuances of the physical DPS classes.

Perhaps Joe is more thinking of his own prospects for Palantir in the post he made, but if the intent was also one of concern, then I would agree with Joe on that stroke; I find that that the lack of recent Palantir invites is disconcerting.
    If I applied, I probably wouldn't get an invite given some of my history - this post isn't borne out of such a concern, but with a preservation about the integrity of the internal feedback given to the developers by private previewers.

It's from this position that I'd like to really emphasis this to SSG: Please open another batch of invites soon.
    Last edited by Constrictions; Sep 18 2017 at 01:17 AM.