We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Re: Reported Quest Difficulty Levels and Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by timguibs View Post
    QUEST: Unpaid Debt
    *SNIP*

QUEST: The Lodger's Ledger
    *SNIP*
    Completely agree. These drove me nuts, and I wound up lurking while some higher-level whacked the bandits so I could run in and grab the lockbox. And whomever brought up the "protect constable bolger" was right on the money, too. I'm supposed to defend against three waves of three bandits all at the same level as me while protecting someone (eg, generating threat so they hit *me*)? Yeah, not going to happen. The only times I could beat it were when bystanders decided to help out - which means everyone knows this is a particularly unbalanced quest.

Quote Originally Posted by erwosdklarien View Post
    Completely agree. These drove me nuts, and I wound up lurking while some higher-level whacked the bandits so I could run in and grab the lockbox. And whomever brought up the "protect constable bolger" was right on the money, too. I'm supposed to defend against three waves of three bandits all at the same level as me while protecting someone (eg, generating threat so they hit *me*)? Yeah, not going to happen. The only times I could beat it were when bystanders decided to help out - which means everyone knows this is a particularly unbalanced quest.
    Mmm...wasn't protect Constable Bolger a fellowship quest? It's been so long, I can't remember (though I have a new character, so I'll being doing it again pretty soon), but each time I did it previously, I know I did it as a small fellowship. I seem to recall that Falco's Folly was the very first Fellowship Quest I got way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by pbateau View Post
    QUEST: The Bounty Hunter
    CATEGORY: Evendim
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 37
    JOURNAL ICON: Solo
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 37 should be fine
    It should be for a small fellowship OR spawn less adds
    REASONS: This quest is literally impossible to complete solo. You go into the sparring circle and you begin to fight Cuthbert Sprunt and that in itself is soloable. About 1/4 through the fight he calls in 4 additional NPC's, 1 of which is another level 37 signature, who I should report is someone you have already killed or arrested in the Bounty: Bill Tripper quest. Basil Gummidge is completely useless in assisting you with the adds which Cuthbert calls in and is defeated fairly quickly. Once that is done, they start hammering on you and you're defeated within seconds.
    This quest frustrated me too when I first tried it. Perhaps there are some pointers -- http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=85295.

I just remember hearing that this quest was totally based on your class. I know I went out of my way to complete SoM trait so I could complete this quest.
    RETIRED.
    Book 11 : Play a Lore-master!

QUEST: Murder in the Ruins. Evendim.
    CATEGORY: Defend NPC Type Qst.
    JOURNAL LEVEL: L39
    ACTUAL LEVEL: L39
    ACTUAL ICON: Small Fship.
    REASONS: You have to fight 2 waves of 3 Mobs , 2 L39 and 1 L40 with no break in between.
    Thats 6 Mobs in total,not possible for a single player,and keep the NPC alive at the stated qst level.
    Most players can handle 3-4 mobs of their own level if they dont have to protect someone else at the same time, but not 6.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinThorp View Post
    Mmm...wasn't protect Constable Bolger a fellowship quest? It's been so long, I can't remember (though I have a new character, so I'll being doing it again pretty soon), but each time I did it previously, I know I did it as a small fellowship. I seem to recall that Falco's Folly was the very first Fellowship Quest I got way back when.
    It might have been one of those annoying "go to Falco as a solo, he _immediately_ gives you a fellowship quest you must execute" quests.

Quote Originally Posted by M_Vague24 View Post
    QUEST: Heritage Restored
    CATEGORY: North Downs
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 31
    JOURNAL ICON: Fellowship
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 31
    ACTUAL ICON: Solo (MAYBE small fellowship)
    REASONS: This quest is beyond easy. By the skull there is ONE Earth-kin guarding it that you need to fight. Running back, you are unable to fight anyone...that is not a problem. I did not even aggro anything on the way back...even if I did, there is no way they would kill me at that level.

I did this solo, at the recommended level. Maybe I just got lucky, but talking with other people about the quest, they agreed that this is definitely not a fellowship quest.
    That is if you take the skull by the road. The one inside the camp is heavily guarded. They should take out one of the two skulls, then adjust the level accordingly.
    [b]~ Darkbeard Blackhair ~[/b] [color=red]Lvl 37[/color] [color=blue]Dwarf Guardian[/color]. [B]Retired[/B] [color=purple]Nimrodel[/color].
    [b]~ Trombadinha ~[/b] [color=red]Lvl 42[/color] [color=blue]Hobbit Burglar[/color], [color=purple]Meneldor[/color].
    [COLOR="Orange"]"We won't nerf classes because of PvMP".[/COLOR] Yeah, right....

QUEST: Hunter Becomes Prey
    CATEGORY: Lone Lands
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 20
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 17-18
    ACTUAL ICON: Solo
    REASONS: I was killing wargs in the lone lands while collecting pottery far before i got this quest to kill only 10 wargs. When i got this quest it was orange and i can only assume when i complete it i will get a ton of xps for something that only gives me 50xps each currently at 18th level.

Quote Originally Posted by timguibs View Post
    QUEST: Unpaid Debt
    CATEGORY: Bree-Land
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 6
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 6/12+
    ACTUAL ICON: Fellowship/Solo
    REASONS:Lockbox is surrounded by 2 lvl 8s and 2 lvl 9s, but its a lvl 6 solo? ###?

QUEST: The Lodger's Ledger
    CATEGORY: Bree-Land
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 7
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 7/12+
    ACTUAL ICON: Fellowship/Solo
    REASONS: see above
    I'm running through these again with a new character - Level 11 burglar and yep, these two are just frustrating. Four brigands around the chest is too much for one character at level 11, nevermind level 7.

QUEST: A greater Theft
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 18
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 20 (solo) 18 (Small Fellowship)
    ACTUAL ICON: Solo or small fellowship
    REASONS: Collecting the 10 trade bundles at 18th level is frustrating to say the least, just entering the area there are 5 guards that (even when careful) you will attract 2-3 at a time that although only with an average level of 17 when there are more than one can be overwhelming. All my chars have died doing this one a few times, and that includes a champion, healer and a guardian.

Switching this quest level with the "Hunter becomes prey" would make these two Lone lands quests more logical IMO.

QUEST: Bounty Andy Idden. Evandim.
    CATEGORY: Defeat Andy Idden.
    JOURNAL LEVEL: L 35
    JOURNAL ICON: Solo.
    ACTUAL LEVEL: L 35
    ACTUAL ICON: Small Fship 2 -3 .,
    REASONS: Andy Idden is L35 elite with a L35 dog and 2 L35 Goblin Bodyguards.
    Bodyguards wont pull singly so you have to fite 4 L35 mobs at once, one an elite.
    Andy is also located in ruins crawling with L 34 - L35 goblins.
    I tried as a L39 Guardian and was dead long before Andy was even at half health.
    No way a solo L35 could do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyoti View Post
    QUEST: Enfeebling the Foe
    CATEGORY: Lone-Lands
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 18
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 19/20
    REASONS: In comparison to the lvl 20 quest from the same category "Hunters Become Prey", the "Enfeebling the Foe" quest is a bit more difficult. I had no problem as a lvl 19 guardian finishing the "Hunters Become Prey" quest which is listed as lvl 20. But have had the most difficult time finishing the Enfeebling the Foe quest because of the linked add ons in the area where the barrels for the quest are. I can generally take on 2-3 w/o much worry, but then the 4th linked one joins in and I die. Just seems to me one or the other is in the wrong lvl range... either "Hunters Become Prey" needs to be listed at 17/18 range, or the "Enfeebling the Foe" needs to be bumped up a lvl or two.
    Even doing this one 19/20 is difficult. My level 21 burglar has died at least twice trying to get the last barrel at one of the camps, because you draw four gobo warriors all at once no matter how you approach it. I don't think the level needs to be changed, it's more that the goblins need to be spaced out more, so you don't draw four at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by emdy View Post
    REASONS: Andy Idden is L35 elite with a L35 dog and 2 L35 Goblin Bodyguards.
    Andy Idden is supposed to be Signature rather than Elite, so if he's Elite, I'd be worried. Also, I think he follows a patrol? If he does, he should be able to be separated from the nearby goblins.

MoL

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    Andy Idden is supposed to be Signature rather than Elite, so if he's Elite, I'd be worried. Also, I think he follows a patrol? If he does, he should be able to be separated from the nearby goblins.

MoL
    When I got him, he was happily sitting there surronded by goblins. Waited a bit for him to split, but he was happy where he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayanor View Post
    When I got him, he was happily sitting there surronded by goblins. Waited a bit for him to split, but he was happy where he was.
    same here. i don't remember him moving at all. he and his pet were sitting back in the corner behind all the goblins around the fire.

I just did this over the weekend. Andy is not elite, he's signature. But yes, he does have a dog, and he is a stationary spawn. When I pulled him, his dog and one goblin from the camp infront of him came as well.

I wasn't solo, but it would have been tough if I was. Alternately, you could potentially clear the goblin camp before pulling Andy, but he might come along with the back goblin doing it that way as well.

So yeah, you should count on fighting 3 MOBs at once, one being signature.
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Sergeant-at-Arms[/COLOR] [SIZE="3"]Thorain Thunderclap[/SIZE] - Level 60 Dwarf Champion
    [COLOR="Red"]Sergeants of the Guard[/COLOR] [SIZE="3"]Thordian[/SIZE]-55 Dwarf Guard |&| [SIZE="3"]Cardo[/SIZE]-50 Hobbit Burg
    Officer & Co-Founder [url=http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=165678&TabID=1403269]Khazâd Dúnedain[/url], [size="1"]Grand Master Weaponsmith, Grand Master Jeweler
    3 Low Street, Varinsot, Thorin's Gate Homesteads, Brandywine server[/SIZE]

Oh, this is the one in the ruins where the goblins hang out. I solo'ed this one with my LM (36 or 37 at the time).

I approached him from the outside of the keep's back wall. There is a break in the wall near him where you can jump up on the wall. I left my bear outside the ruins, jumped up on the wall and threw a stun at him, then jumped back outside. All of the mobs near him aggroed and proceeded out the front door to circle around to where I was. I put my bear on agressive/assist, jumped back up on the wall and into the keep where he was stunned. I managed to take him down before the goblins could finish off my bear, who was now circling the other way to get to my target and met them halfway. Worked out pretty good, and I was able to map out before the gobbies got back to me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000014444/01003/signature.png]Iggie[/charsig]
    Field Operations Officer

[URL="http://shadowcompany.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=42293&TabID=373406"]Shadow Company - For Power and Profit![/URL]

What makes this quest hard is that even if you are careful you end up with a 3 mob pull....with 1 being signature (if you are reckless you end up with a 5 mob pull). This combined with the fact that this area has a very high respawn rate as well as tons of patrolling mobs definately make it a challenge.

IMO all they would need to do is get ride of the goblin (sleeping I think) close to the signature mob. That way it would be a 2 mob pull and much more doable solo.

QUEST: Hunter Becomes Prey
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 20
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 17-18
    REASONS: I was killing wargs in the lone lands while collecting pottery far before i got this quest to kill only 10 wargs. When i got this quest it was orange and i can only assume when i complete it i will get a ton of xps for something that only gives me 50xps each currently at 18th level.
    The Wargs you kill while collecting pottery will not give you credit for this quest. You have to kill the Wargs by Ost Guruth, which are higher in level.
    Lycka är en Alfen Jägaren.
    Not all of the information in this thread is accurate. Just so you know. ;) -MoL

QUEST: Master of the Lash
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 24
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 30
    REASONS: I was finally able to do this quest solo with my Guardian at 30. When you get to the top of the platform where Slaughterer lives, there are just to many Orcs. Attacking any one Orc brings 4-5 more down on you. I got 933 exp and the choice of 3 items that were way below my level. Just not worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Amoryn View Post
    I just did this over the weekend. Andy is not elite, he's signature. But yes, he does have a dog, and he is a stationary spawn. When I pulled him, his dog and one goblin from the camp infront of him came as well.

I wasn't solo, but it would have been tough if I was. Alternately, you could potentially clear the goblin camp before pulling Andy, but he might come along with the back goblin doing it that way as well.

So yeah, you should count on fighting 3 MOBs at once, one being signature.

This one was way tough. I forget what level I was when I finally got him, but it was higher than the listed level. Even then, I only got him when I got lucky and a higher-level player dropped a few of the goblins in the area for me. The rated level is too low for the way this one is set up.
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/silverlocket/]Silverlocket's Big Ol' Bucket O' Blather[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Greyshot View Post
    Re: Weathertop

Have to agree that this one needs the level recommendation boosted slightly. Mostly due to the fact of not being able to rejoin the mission even if the entire team wipes. Perhaps some kind of key that transports you just inside the last gate if you have made it that far would be appropriate. I'm not sure a full fellowship is required. It does require careful planning and cooperation, but that's a very good thing.

This is an example of an excellent mission that just needs some minor tweaking. I wish there were many more like this. The surprise at the end, despite the team wipe it caused, was probably my favorite moment of the game to date.
    Agree on all points. Having members locked out because they took a wrong step and fell off the mountain put a big hole in what was otherwise by far the best part of the game since Open Beta for me.

-The Gneech
    [I]Premium content since 2010.[/I]
    [url=http://www.valarguild.org]Valar Guild: Lore Monkeys and Proud of It[/url]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/thegneech/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001149ed/01005/signature.png]Honorary Shirriff Maedhroc Thornhollow[/charsig][/url]
    [url=http://www.gneech.com]Gneech.com[/url] - My writing, comics, and art.

Quote Originally Posted by Meliorist View Post
    QUEST: Well Prepared
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 26
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 26
    REASONS: How about increasing the number of boars! The quest text says there are boars to the east Really? Where? I found one or two. Lots of Orcs, Gore-crows, and an occassional warg. I killed orcs and crows by the tons hoping to get a boar. Took me two hours to do this quest, I'm not exaggerating, and if other people are trying to do it too, forget it. To top it off they don't even drop the quest items every time. Please increase their numbers or spawn time.
    FWIW, I found a ton of boars far to the east -- just NW of the Last Bridge. Maybe "almost in the Trollshaws" should be the indicated direction instead?

-The Gneech
    Last edited by thegneech; Oct 03 2007 at 08:05 PM. Reason: I am a terrible navigator.
    [I]Premium content since 2010.[/I]
    [url=http://www.valarguild.org]Valar Guild: Lore Monkeys and Proud of It[/url]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/thegneech/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001149ed/01005/signature.png]Honorary Shirriff Maedhroc Thornhollow[/charsig][/url]
    [url=http://www.gneech.com]Gneech.com[/url] - My writing, comics, and art.

Quote Originally Posted by thegneech View Post
    FWIW, I found a ton of boars to the west, not east -- just NW of the Last Bridge. Maybe that should be the indicated direction instead?

-The Gneech
    I did this quest on an alt over the weekend and east of Ost Guruth (just west of the Last Bridge) there were TONS and I mean tons of boars - they are the sturdy long tusks or something of the sort. Their respawn rate was so fast they would respawn right on top of you.
    They were on the N and S sides of the road.

One patch right by a lake on the south side of the road has a group of 6-8 that spawn. It doesn't take long at all to complete this now.

It took me approx. 20-30 min to get my boar stomachs and boar meat. A far cry from the hours upon hours in the past.

I think the devs may have tweaked this a little. If not, maybe I just had a lucky go at it.
    O Elvenking! … Merry be the Greenwood while the world is yet young and merry be all your folk!

Quote Originally Posted by CandissD View Post
    I did this quest on an alt over the weekend and east of Ost Guruth (just west of the Last Bridge) there were TONS and I mean tons of boars - they are the sturdy long tusks or something of the sort. Their respawn rate was so fast they would respawn right on top of you.
    They were on the N and S sides of the road.

One patch right by a lake on the south side of the road has a group of 6-8 that spawn. It doesn't take long at all to complete this now.

It took me approx. 20-30 min to get my boar stomachs and boar meat. A far cry from the hours upon hours in the past.

I think the devs may have tweaked this a little. If not, maybe I just had a lucky go at it.
    I was pleasantly surprised as well when I went to do this quest on my Hunter. Probably took about 10 minutes to finish, because they definitely added more boar spawns. Don't recall a patch of 6 to 8 ever being there before. *cheers*
    RETIRED.
    Book 11 : Play a Lore-master!

Quote Originally Posted by thegneech View Post
    FWIW, I found a ton of boars to the west, not east -- just NW of the Last Bridge. Maybe that should be the indicated direction instead?

-The Gneech
    Er, the Last Bridge is east of Ost Guruth, where you receive this quest. So the directions are actually correct (though they're not very clear about how FAR east you have to go).

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast