We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Re: Reported Quest Difficulty Levels and Recommendations

QUEST: Giant Problems
    CATEGORY: Bree-Land
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 30
    JOURNAL ICON: Fellowship
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 27ish
    ACTUAL ICON: Small Fellowship
    REASONS: Did this quest last night with a 27 Captain and a 29 Lore Master. All the MOBs leading the the giant are gray so you really only have to worry about fighting him. He is a ranged attacker, with weak melee (although he does have an AE attack so pets can go down quick). The Lore Master pretty much held aggro until he was hurting, then I would peel, tank for a while, rinse, repeat. It really was not very hard but maybe this is a strong class combo? Anyway, I was intimidated by the indicated level of 30 and with it being marked for a Fellowship and was pleasantly surprised it was so easy.
    [CENTER][COLOR="PaleGreen"]Explorer 100%[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Achiever 67%[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Yellow"]Socializer 33%[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Red"]Killer 13%[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Justice View Post
    Although, if you do change Our Greatest Find, you might want to make sure people can't just jump out and run around the perimeter of the ruins/castle.
    It's been hinted that this is the intended design. If you look at the sheer number of MOBs you'd have to fight through it should be obvious that there is another way to do it.

Sure, it's frustrating but on the other hand it's pretty rewarding when you sneak past the whole fight and, if you think of the movies anyway, they spent a lot of time *avoiding* face-to-face confrontation.
    [CENTER][COLOR="PaleGreen"]Explorer 100%[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Achiever 67%[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Yellow"]Socializer 33%[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Red"]Killer 13%[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Update to:

Quest: Thief-taker's Bane
    Category: Evendim
    Journal Level: 38
    Journal Icon: fellowship
    Actual Level: 45 as is, without changing the fellowship to raid
    Actual Icon: Small Raid
    Reasons: My lvl 46 hunter has tried about 8 times to complete this quest. The first 4-5 times, I was with a group of mostly 39-41 players. Even with a good mix of dps, healing, and guardian to hold agro, those darned rangers died.

Update: the first few tries, the spawns came at regularly spaced intervals in this pattern - camp 1, camp 3, then camp 2, back to camp 1, and over again. After the new patch and chat hotfix, they are now random. This forces the group to split up. Even at lvl 46, my hunter takes too long to kill these elites, and the rangers got overwhelmed.

Fix: Either make those darned rangers more durable (and add their health bars to our screens) or make the elites a bit easier to kill. This quest needs some serious tweaking to make it doable at level 38.

QUEST: Bogbereth's Brood
    CATEGORY: Angmar
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 49
    JOURNAL ICON: Solo
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 49
    ACTUAL ICON: Fellowship or Raid
    REASONS: For this quest you have to kill 10 Iron Crown Tamer's and 20 Bogbereth's broodlings in Torech-I-Bogbereth. Not a problem except that the broodlings are guarded by level 50 master elite bogbereth matron. Who can solo that?
    Last edited by Meliorist; Jun 29 2007 at 03:23 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000007c8e/01001/signature.png]Thordh[/charsig]

QUEST: The High fortress
    CATEGORY: Book V Chapter 3
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 43
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 43 TEAM
    ACTUAL ICON: Team
    REASONS: Im a Level 47 Captain and could not solo this quest need to either make it team or take out the elite and it will be soloable

Quote Originally Posted by Meliorist View Post
    QUEST: Bogbereth's Brood
    ACTUAL ICON: Fellowship or Raid
    REASONS: For this quest you have to kill 10 Iron Crown Tamer's and 20 Bogbereth's broodlings in Torech-I-Bogbereth. Not a problem except that the broodlings are guarded by level 50 master elite bogbereth matron. Who can solo that?
    If you look along the walls just after the entrance, you can see some egg sack/cocoon thingies, run up to them (you may need to jump to reach them sometimes) and a broodling will spawn, they're all over the spider lair.

You're not meant to kill those broodlings, as if you do you get the EM spider, and if you kill some more broodlings after that, you get old arch nemesis bogby on you.

Quote Originally Posted by and007 View Post
    QUEST: The High fortress
    CATEGORY: Book V Chapter 3
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 43
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 43 TEAM
    ACTUAL ICON: Team
    REASONS: Im a Level 47 Captain and could not solo this quest need to either make it team or take out the elite and it will be soloable
    I would agree that this quest needs at least a small fellowship to complete. I am a 43 guardian and even without the normal dwarves around I would still not be able to defeat the 43 elite which guards the cornerstone. Along with the mobs the object can only be used when out of combat, forcing you to fight the mobs in the vault.

On a side note: I think that there is a general lack of the use of the small fellowship icon. From what I can remember I have only seen two, one in bree-land and another in evendim.
    [COLOR=navy][COLOR=royalblue]Sulris - 60 Elf Guardian[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=black]| [/COLOR][COLOR=red]Turlos - 60 Elf Rune-Keeper [/COLOR][COLOR=black]| [/COLOR][COLOR=white]Daerist - 60 Man Burglar[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=seagreen]Dragon Snacks - Gladden Server[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebee View Post
    If you look along the walls just after the entrance, you can see some egg sack/cocoon thingies, run up to them (you may need to jump to reach them sometimes) and a broodling will spawn, they're all over the spider lair.

You're not meant to kill those broodlings, as if you do you get the EM spider, and if you kill some more broodlings after that, you get old arch nemesis bogby on you.
    `Thanks for the tip CeeBee, that helped, and made me feel like a moron...lol
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000007c8e/01001/signature.png]Thordh[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Sulris View Post
    I would agree that this quest needs at least a small fellowship to complete. I am a 43 guardian and even without the normal dwarves around I would still not be able to defeat the 43 elite which guards the cornerstone. Along with the mobs the object can only be used when out of combat, forcing you to fight the mobs in the vault.

On a side note: I think that there is a general lack of the use of the small fellowship icon. From what I can remember I have only seen two, one in bree-land and another in evendim.
    I will third this suggestion to change this quest (Book 5, Chapter 3) to a small team, or fellowship quest (can have all elites in there or something if it's a whole fellowship). I'm a 44 hnt and simply could not take on the elite by myself. I had to form a group to get to it.

Also agree with the Small Fellowship icon. It should be used more- not all quests need full fellowships, and not all quests are soloable.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

QUEST: Treasure in the RUins
    CATEGORY: Evendim
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 39
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 39
    REASONS: The respawn rate makes it impossible to get to the chests (at least for a level 40 Lore-master who just spent half an hour trying). There are too many Tomb Robbers and they respawn so fast that they are respawning before the tomb is cleared.
    Prien of Elendilmir
    Wulfrand, Chummli, Mumli, Althaea, Fyonna, and Alto
    "Ghost Bear just misunderstood. :(" [url]http://lotroimages.akamai.lotro.com/media/ghost.swf[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    I will third this suggestion to change this quest (Book 5, Chapter 3) to a small team, or fellowship quest (can have all elites in there or something if it's a whole fellowship). I'm a 44 hnt and simply could not take on the elite by myself. I had to form a group to get to it.

Also agree with the Small Fellowship icon. It should be used more- not all quests need full fellowships, and not all quests are soloable.
    Fourth! Just did this last night. Lvl 44 Hunter Lvl 43 Guard and we died our first pass. Didn't think to ask around and neither of us expected a lvl 43 elite with 2 friends after the 2 lvl 42/43 regulars just by entrance.

Edit: Weirdly enough, Book 5 ch 4 was so much easier! Only 4 lvl 39-41 of those stalkers.

Edit2: Actually, simply making the Elite into a normal (Sig might still be an issue) should fix this. Most classes should be able to solo 3 even level mobs at these levels.
    Last edited by JeanCarlo; Jul 02 2007 at 07:11 PM.
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

Thumbs down Re: Reported Quest Difficulty Levels and Recommendations

One area everyone seems to be ignoring or not discussing is Agamuar. I know they want specific quests, but this region is definately a full fellowship area.

it seems to be that most people ignore or delete those quests from there logs just because of the large number of elites you have to deal with. And that is just getting to the quests. And what level do these quests start at? i think it is about 28 from memory.

Not an easy or enjoyable area IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by zook73 View Post
    One area everyone seems to be ignoring or not discussing is Agamuar. I know they want specific quests, but this region is definately a full fellowship area.

it seems to be that most people ignore or delete those quests from there logs just because of the large number of elites you have to deal with. And that is just getting to the quests. And what level do these quests start at? i think it is about 28 from memory.

Not an easy or enjoyable area IMO.
    Errr, then post the info? This is what this tread is for...
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

QUEST: Guaradain's Artifacts
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 37
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 37
    ACTUAL ICON: Fellowship
    REASONS: It is relatively easy to get the first artifact; however, although it is subsequently possible to fight into the area of the other artifacts, just before reaching the area it is necessary to go past a little pond with approx 6 of the lvl 37/38 wolves with additional wolves and the Guaradain in the little camp adjacent to the pond. Attempting to kill any one of the groups aggro's the ENTIRE area, resulting in ten or so mobs on the player at once. Unfortunately, by that time, all the mobs cleared on the path into the area will have also respawned and it is impossible to escape.

QUEST: Treasure in the Ruins
    REASONS: Items (treasure) are in a building with only one entrance with level 39 mobs. Many of the mobs are stealthed. Even approaching the building aggro's up to 5 at a time. IMPOSSIBLE for any single player to fight through the door (which has 5 mobs in the vicinity) and also enter the building (which has additional mobs that aggro when the door is opened).

Poorly, poorly designed. I should have been obvious to anyone designing these quests that they could not have been solo'ed. It should have been obvious to QA. That being the case, they obviously were NOT QA'ed.

Schlock operation...
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000024683/01001/signature.png]Kreegan[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [COLOR=teal][SIZE=1]ALTS: Schartestuffe - 65HNT/SMK Woodworker/SM Farmer || Maggae - 65MNS/SMK Jeweler/SM Cook || BilaeBaub - 65BRG/SMK Tailor || Ealkimme - 65LM/SMK Scholar/SM Weaponsmith || Koracion - 65RK/SMK Tailor || Ealmariah - 65WRD/SMK Weaponsmith || Ealdaebwen - 47CPT|| Kraeli - 39CHM || Kittenne - 26MNS[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    QUEST: Treasure in the Ruins
    REASONS: Items (treasure) are in a building with only one entrance with level 39 mobs. Many of the mobs are stealthed. Even approaching the building aggro's up to 5 at a time. IMPOSSIBLE for any single player to fight through the door (which has 5 mobs in the vicinity) and also enter the building (which has additional mobs that aggro when the door is opened).

Poorly, poorly designed. I should have been obvious to anyone designing these quests that they could not have been solo'ed. It should have been obvious to QA. That being the case, they obviously were NOT QA'ed.
    I agree that the quest is tough but I solo'd it at level 40 as a minstrel...and trust me, with my DPS there was definately respawn :P It could do with some tweaking but it isn't impossible.
    Last edited by Curmy; Jul 07 2007 at 08:50 AM.

QUEST: The Unmarked Trail
    CATEGORY: EPIC - Book 4; Chapter 8
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 42
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 46
    REASONS: Obviously Legolas was nerfed quite a bit recently. I have attempted this quest a minimum of 15 times without success. It's simply too difficult at the current rating of 42. The final boss and his adds can simply wipe even the most coordinated groups. Either the healer takes the first defeat or our friend Legolas bites the dust before the final boss can be whittled down. And as this quest and the following quest are required to open Book 5, it needs some attention by either buffing Legolas back or adjusting the add rate in the final sequence.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000011f4c/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

QUEST: Rampage!
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 48
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 48
    REASONS: The timer on the egg is so short even a full group couldn't fight their way to where you need to go, the egg would break before you arrived. The only way to complete it is to just run in, then run out. One or two people running interferance and one egg holder is an easy completion of this mission, and I think would go a long way toward making angmar appear less *only* fellowship.

QUEST: Worse than Death
    REASONS: You have to fight numerous sigs, sigs and normals at the same time, and explore IB. There is no way thats solo, it took a group of four for me to do this, but it could be done with three if you were careful.

QUEST: Counting the Clutch
    REASONS: The drake eggs... are sourrounded by elite drakes. You cant solo them, and you'll have to fight ATLEAST one to do this quest.

QUEST: Scaled Menace
    REASONS: Pulls of one or two elite drakes means you'll need a fellowship to complete this one. I honestly dont know how its rated solo.

QUEST: The Sword of Twilight
    REASONS: There are no elites you have to fight, just about 15 spiders, I duoed it easily, I probably could've soloed it. Its definatly not a full fellow quest.

QUEST: Help from the South
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 50
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 50
    REASONS: You have to fight I think three elites, and it is a hard quest, but its definatly duo or trioable. 6 people would be overkill for this quest, I did it with a hunter and myself and we didn't have any trouble.

QUEST: The sword of the Vigil
    REASONS: At most you have to fight one sig at a time, and then 1 normal at a time. There are no elites anywhere near the sword, the quest is probably soloable for some classes, but with two or three it would be pretty easy.

QUEST: Second Death
    REASONS: You have to get past a dread statue, 3 sigs, and about five normals to do this quest. Its definatly NOT soloable.

QUEST: Discovering the Source
    REASONS: Go into western IB and draw out some water. Solo? Its either really really hard, or not possible. A rating of small fellowship is much more accurate.

There are more, if I remember them Ill post em...
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=green][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000001d3a/01001/signature.png]Thadeus[/charsig]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE] "Turbine takes the stand that people who defeat the "hardest raid conceived" with a /smite can keep on playing... but skirmish marks... ooh boy, we better get those people out quick or they'll ruin our grind." -Uruviel[SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Add False Orders to the list - should be small fellowship.

Unhappy Re: Reported Quest Difficulty Levels and Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberfire View Post
    QUEST: The Twisted Heart

REASON: Extremely difficult quest with waves of elite troll mobs coming up without letup. Even if your members manage to survive, Longbough, your escort NPC, usually dies.

I've tried this one with different people from 40-45, even with a couple 50's in the group, and still haven't beaten it.
    Agreed. At level 41 it's the hardest quest I have seen. I believe those wood trolls have 6,000 morale. At level 40 you can't kill them fast enough without someone dieing. On top of that, the wood trolls seem to like minstrel meat -- I watched them run right past everyone and go after the minstrel. I think I'll come back and try it again at level 45.

Faldo (41 Burglar)
    Meneldor

QUEST: Enfeebling the Foe
    CATEGORY: Lone-Lands
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 18
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 19/20
    ACTUAL ICON: Solo
    REASONS: In comparison to the lvl 20 quest from the same category "Hunters Become Prey", the "Enfeebling the Foe" quest is a bit more difficult. I had no problem as a lvl 19 guardian finishing the "Hunters Become Prey" quest which is listed as lvl 20. But have had the most difficult time finishing the Enfeebling the Foe quest because of the linked add ons in the area where the barrels for the quest are. I can generally take on 2-3 w/o much worry, but then the 4th linked one joins in and I die. Just seems to me one or the other is in the wrong lvl range... either "Hunters Become Prey" needs to be listed at 17/18 range, or the "Enfeebling the Foe" needs to be bumped up a lvl or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyoti View Post
    QUEST: Enfeebling the Foe
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 19/20
    REASONS: In comparison to the lvl 20 quest from the same category "Hunters Become Prey", the "Enfeebling the Foe" quest is a bit more difficult. I had no problem as a lvl 19 guardian finishing the "Hunters Become Prey" quest which is listed as lvl 20. But have had the most difficult time finishing the Enfeebling the Foe quest because of the linked add ons in the area where the barrels for the quest are. I can generally take on 2-3 w/o much worry, but then the 4th linked one joins in and I die. Just seems to me one or the other is in the wrong lvl range... either "Hunters Become Prey" needs to be listed at 17/18 range, or the "Enfeebling the Foe" needs to be bumped up a lvl or two.
    I've always just had 2-3 people with me, and if you're level 16-18 it can still be a challenge. I'd suggest they leave the quest level the same, but change it to "small fellowship" for the reasons you mentioned.
    Farmo - 50 Hobbit Minstrel, Grand Master Tailor
    Lorindor - 38 Elven Lore-master, Grand Master Scholar
    Legolette - 33 Elven Hunter, Master Expert Jeweller
    Officer, Mac's Merry Men, Silverlode server

I agree for the goblin quests, it should be increased some.
    Nilenya, 50 Lore-Master
    Lorina, 50 Minstrel
    Conviction, Vilya

QUEST: A Greater Theft
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 18 Fellowship/20+ Solo
    ACTUAL ICON: 18 Fellowship/20+ Solo
    REASONS: The add ons in this quest are rediculous. Either get rid of the linked mobs and add ons, raise the level of this quest, or make it a fellowship one.

QUEST: Champion of Minas Maur
    REASONS: yeah, I cant solo an elite master, can you guys? There is no way this is a solo quest.

QUEST: The Orc Raid
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 46-ish (I cant remember, didnt write it down, and am not ingame atm)
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 46-ish (whatever the one above is)
    REASONS: Its you and about 10 signature dwarves against 5 normal orcs (3 waves). If there was a "You dont even have to do anything and you'll complete it" rating I would give this quest it. Just stand back and let the dwarves do the work - Its extremely easy to solo and definatly not worth a fellowship rating.

Thats it for the angmar quests that I know of... If I find more Ill let you know =P
    Last edited by Hydraxy; Jul 12 2007 at 07:00 PM.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=green][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000001d3a/01001/signature.png]Thadeus[/charsig]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE] "Turbine takes the stand that people who defeat the "hardest raid conceived" with a /smite can keep on playing... but skirmish marks... ooh boy, we better get those people out quick or they'll ruin our grind." -Uruviel[SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

QUEST: Protect Constable Bolger
    CATEGORY: Bree-land (Staddle)
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 10 - 12 (?)
    JOURNAL ICON: solo
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 12 +
    ACTUAL ICON: small fellowship

This is a straightforward quest, protect the Constable from 3 waves of 3 brigands. But the NPC runs TO the fight, has VERY low stats, and dies faster than a low level LM's Raven. Added to that is the fact that each wave has at least ONE archer, which must be taken out first (due to the fragile nature of the NPC), and the sneaky Devs have speeded up the attacks. I haven't seen anyone at the correct level do this properly without help. At the higher levels (where it is greyed out), maybe, because you have more weapons, but at the correct level...you need help.
    Last edited by Alatariel_Telrunya; Aug 19 2007 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Corrected name of quest.
    [COLOR=plum][FONT=Book Antiqua]Tinuvanor - [COLOR=yellowgreen]Elven LoreMistress /[COLOR=pink][COLOR=darkorange]Beryle[/COLOR] - [COLOR=silver]Hobbit Burglar[/COLOR]/[COLOR=yellow]Nahima[/COLOR] - [COLOR=white]Woman Champion[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [COLOR=yellowgreen][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000002bdff/01006/signature.png]Tinuvanor[/charsig]
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast