We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Re: Reported Quest Difficulty Levels and Recommendations

QUEST: An Unacceptable Diet
    CATEGORY: Foundations of Stone
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 60
    JOURNAL ICON: Solo
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 59/60
    ACTUAL ICON: Small Fellowship
    REASONS: Mob density is INSANE. The mobs are all Overseers and darkmaws. many pulls will bring at least 4 and then each can summon darklings and range. Taking just a step or two can easily bring another mob or two into the fight. Respawn rate is also very high now. It doesn't help that the quest is in a narrow hallway which doesn't allow for stealth, LoS, running, or any other tactics that some classes have to rely on for the more difficult content. 50% of the mobs could be removed and it would still be a moderate challenge for some. Screenshots are below.

http://www.hucklebarry.com/quest1.jpg
    http://www.hucklebarry.com/quest2.jpg
    http://www.hucklebarry.com/quest3.jpg

QUEST: Rampaging Beasts
    CATEGORY: Misty Mountains
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 41
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 43
    ACTUAL ICON: Solo
    REASONS: This is an easy solo quest. No change necessary. However, it doesn't match the level of anything else around it, nor does it match the level of the mobs. All the snow-beasts you need to kill are either 42 or 43, but the quest level is 41. This isn't ideal. Additionally, every other mob in the area is 39 or 40. You generally start MM at 39 or 40. So all the lynx, lurkers, bears, and aurochs are dark blue or white, which are very easy to kill, almost no resists or misses. Then you have to kill all these orange beasts in the same area with high miss and resist rate. I recommend that the snow-beasts themselves get lowered to 40 to match the rest of the area, and the quest level lowered to 40 to match the targets.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Danneskjold View Post
    QUEST: Rampaging Beasts
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 41
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 43
    REASONS: This is an easy solo quest. No change necessary. However, it doesn't match the level of anything else around it, nor does it match the level of the mobs. All the snow-beasts you need to kill are either 42 or 43, but the quest level is 41. This isn't ideal. Additionally, every other mob in the area is 39 or 40. You generally start MM at 39 or 40. So all the lynx, lurkers, bears, and aurochs are dark blue or white, which are very easy to kill, almost no resists or misses. Then you have to kill all these orange beasts in the same area with high miss and resist rate. I recommend that the snow-beasts themselves get lowered to 40 to match the rest of the area, and the quest level lowered to 40 to match the targets.
    i would prefer Turbine spends time on new real content rather than ''fixing'' the supposed problemetic quests that people suggesting

Quote Originally Posted by Eric... View Post
    i would prefer Turbine spends time on new real content rather than ''fixing'' the supposed problemetic quests that people suggesting
    Its a moderator created, stickied thread asking for quest difficulty feedback.

I'd rather they polish the game than release new content ontop of broken or incorrectly released content. ANY fix deserves its place in the list of possible upcoming content changes.

There is still a long way to go, but each update that old content is revisited and corrected to what it should be only stabilizes the foundation that the rest of the game is built on.

Quote Originally Posted by hucklebarry View Post

I'd rather they polish the game than release new content ontop of broken or incorrectly released content. ANY fix deserves its place in the list of possible upcoming content changes.

There is still a long way to go, but each update that old content is revisited and corrected to what it should be only stabilizes the foundation that the rest of the game is built on.
    polish and fix its something that means for you better but for lotro that means nerfing and make everything soloable from what i understand, hm i dont think that i can call that polishing and ''fixing'' lotro

QUEST: Snapper Soup
    CATEGORY: Bree-land
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 21
    ACTUAL LEVEL: No change
    ACTUAL ICON: No change
    REASONS: The problem I have with this quest is the low drop rate of quest items Snapper-meat and Snapper-shells. The drop rate for them is just bad. Also more turtles need to spawn in the area. There are too few and when other people in the area also doing the quest, it's even worse. Too many toads and flies in this area.

QUEST: Tomb of Elendil
    CATEGORY: Evendim
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 40
    JOURNAL ICON: Full Fellowship
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 50+
    ACTUAL ICON: Full Fellowship
    REASONS: As currently designed, it's a gimmick boss fight that seems to require a FM (that's what I've read; we never got one in about half a dozen wipes in a full group of levels 43-50). So maybe for a group with a burglar it's a level 40 quest. Without a burglar I'm not sure six level 50s could do it, though. And since the quest is at the end of an extremely long and tedious chain, most people don't get this far and it's almost impossible to get any group, let alone insist on any particular composition.

Suggested change: leave it at level 40 and fix the boss fight. I don't see what a turtle the size of a house has to do with the plotline, so simply removing the turtle area entirely and having the silithar drop from the bandit boss (beef her up a little) makes sense. Offering a solo inspired greatness option as well would be nice, as noted in another thread. This quest has more to do with the lore and story than most epic quests; people should be able to experience it without the almost impossible task of finding a group (and without the stupid gimmicky turtle fight, needless to say). As it stands, though, this quest is currently the biggest waste of time I've yet seen in the game - time spent on the swimming-for-Gwindeth precursor quests, time spent looking for a group (about six weeks in my case), and time spent in the instance or running back in from the rez circle over and over again.

Goblin Fire

QUEST: Goblin Fire
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 45
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 50
    ACTUAL ICON: small fellowship
    REASONS: There are no single pulls in this entire quest. Mostly dual pulls, and the respawn rate is about 25 seconds. Especially hard to time when you kill the bomber mob and he respawns during your dual pull. Once I got through about 12 deaths and 18 runaways I finally figured out the trick. Do not loot any of the mobs as it will slow their respawn times. As a 46 hunter I found this quest extremely hard, but not impossible. Used about 6 morale pots, 4 bottles of light and fire to get through it. It would help if there was more than one person in the zone everytime I tried it, as I might have gotten through it in one shot. Attack the ranged mob trap the melee mob and pray the trap works. If not run fast very fast.

Blackfang

QUEST: Blackfang
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 46
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 50 or 51
    REASONS: I can not believe I'm posting again this soon but... Black fang is a 46 signature which was easily defeated, but.. The wolves attacked me right after her defeat and the mobs I cleared out respawned on me. I now know why their is only 1 other person in the zone. Note to self never quest here again.

I searched this thread for this quest and it didn't return results so I thought I'd post this

QUEST: Volume 1: Book 10, Chapter 11: Guldurchir's Restraint.
    CATEGORY: Epic
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 50
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 50
    REASONS: Have to take down a level 50 elite. He has a stun and a pretty hard hitting Dot, not to mention the many mobs that spawn all around him. I'm a level 50 Champion and I can't do it with potions and my buffs. Maybe it's just my character or skill but I get destroyed so I think it should be a small fellowship quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignotus View Post
    QUEST: Emissaries Of The White Hand
    CATEGORY: Moria Upper Levels
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 53
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 53+
    REASONS: I have only killed the emissary in the camp of Ninknakh Faltor. In that particular camp, most pulls are pulls of 2 and some pulls are pulls of 3. Most of the pulls include those bat keepers that bring all of those bats with them. I am level 55 and most of the mobs con dark blue. Some are light blue and a few are even white cons. Most importantly, the emissary himself had over 5k morale and had an accompanying white con mob (again, I'm 55) with him. Without my heartseeker skill and the ability to trap the white con add, I do not know how I could have managed it. For any other class, this would be a very difficult if not impossible solo job. It may be soloable for some people and classes, but why have it be so frustrating? I think it would be better to just go ahead and put a small fellowship marker on it and save the frustration for many people. A 5k+ morale mob with a white con add (prob orange if you are lvl 53) should not be solo imo.

I died twice on the way to the emissary. When I saw that the next camp was similar, I decided that it wasn't worth the hassle to complete the quest and canceled it.

EDIT: The one at Durin's Crossing is soloable, but I do not think the other two are without much aggravation.
    I cannot get anywhere close to the Ninknakh Faltor Emissary. I'm a 57 Minstrel. There are 3-pulls along the way that involve 3 2.5K mobs, plus 6 harassing bats. My two area effect spells only target 3 bats at a time, and have cooldowns. I have tried several times and cannot get past the 3 pulls. Doing this out of Warspeech is out of the question, since I then have NO area effect spells to deal with the bats and the interrupts make healing nearly impossible.

The other two emissaries were simple.

Either prune some of the bat mobs on the way to Ninknakh Faltor, or call this a small fellowship quest.

QUEST: Half-Shell
    CATEGORY: Angmar
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 43
    JOURNAL ICON: Small Fellowship
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 40
    ACTUAL ICON: No comment
    REASONS: I believe the turtles should be signatures instead of elites. It is difficult to find others to form a fellowship to complete this quest. It is even more difficult trying to solo this quest. Please change these turtles to at least signatures.

QUEST: Sever the White Hand
    CATEGORY: Lone-Lands
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 25
    JOURNAL ICON: No Icon
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 25
    REASONS: Sig + 4 swarm adds = pain for a single player. I'm playing a lv 25 champ with crafted armour and weapons, food and potions and still getting mowed down.
    Really depends on your class with this one - I had major troubles on a hunter lvl 25, but it was easy on lvl 23 burg in Mischief since the Riddle works well on the boss and you can stun one of the adds too, kill the adds one by one, then keep the boss mezzed to regen and then finish him too. Although it was still a major pain....

QUEST: Troublesome goblins
    CATEGORY: Epic, Vol I, Book 5, Chapter 2
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 42
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 42
    REASONS: The way to the boss is easy but the boss that summons the Dourhard add is pretty tough. Had troubles with this one on both my hunter and burglar. With the hunter its hard to finish the add before the boss finishes you, and he hits pretty hard too. With the burglar I couldn't get enough 'firepower' to kill the boss who heals himself really fast. And the heals are non-interruptable, which makes it a pain. Should change it to small fellowship or make heals interruptable.
    Last edited by Cherep; May 08 2011 at 09:00 PM.

JOURNAL LEVEL:25
    JOURNAL ICON: None
    ACTUAL LEVEL:25

REASON: AS a hunter, the 4 adds + sig deals tons of dmg and i was getting killed. I had now way of getting the sig cced as my trap always ccs one of the adds. Result = my death. Frustrating quest, either move the swarm adds so they can be pulled without the sig or make them weaker.

Monuments of Angmar.

QUEST: : Monuments of Angmar
    CATEGORY: 'Annúminas
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 38
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 42
    ACTUAL ICON: fellowship
    REASONS: A few of the monuments are guarded by no less than eight level 38 Angmarim priests. They stand in groups of four so it is possible to fight only four at once, but thats tuff. The Angmarim cast fear on you and on Orchalwe, then summon spirits while we fight them. Orchalwe stops DPS and heals because you get so hurt fast.You quickly run out of power because of fear. This is a really bad quest to solo on level.
    Last edited by Kombatant; Jul 19 2011 at 01:36 PM.

QUEST: Chapter 5: The Battle of the Way of Smiths
    CATEGORY: Epic - Vol. II. Book 5: Drums in the Deep
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 59
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 59
    REASONS: The level is fine. The problem is that an elite randomly spawns towards the end of the instance. A signature and two normals come rushing in as well. This elite is Saduak. 100% when this elite spawns, Stothkell will rush Saduak and will eventually die in less than a minute. Even when you try to protect Stothkell by attacking Saduak, Saduak will defeat you rather quickly. Saduak should be removed from this instanced quest. Saduak should never spawn. This instanced quest is already long and just to have him spawn towards the end and defeat either you or Stothkell quickly is ridiculous. If you do make him spawn, at least give us inspiration.

QUEST: Visage of Terror
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 58
    JOURNAL ICON: solo
    ACTUAL LEVEL: ?
    REASONS: quest is to complete other quests, which are all small fellowship

Quote Originally Posted by Jage View Post
    QUEST: Visage of Terror
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 58
    JOURNAL ICON: solo
    REASONS: quest is to complete other quests, which are all small fellowship
    So?The icon is for fellowship, get a group and do it!
    People need to stop asking all the time for group quests to turn in to soloable, enough is enough!

QUEST: Vengeance Comes
    CATEGORY: Lone-lands
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 30
    ACTUAL ICON: Small Fellowship / Fellowship
    REASONS: A typical Creoth Novice or Elder has a morale of 3000+, and one needs to kill 12 for the quest (waiting for the 600+ Creaoth Faithful to pop up is just stupid). Even an on-level champion would have difficulty completing such a feat.

QUEST: Rhudaur's Traitors
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 31
    REASONS: Same as above. The satchels come from the same Creoths.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarhunmir View Post
    QUEST: Vengeance Comes
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 30
    REASONS: A typical Creoth Novice or Elder has a morale of 3000+, and one needs to kill 12 for the quest (waiting for the 600+ Creaoth Faithful to pop up is just stupid). Even an on-level champion would have difficulty completing such a feat.

QUEST: Rhudaur's Traitors
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 31
    REASONS: Same as above. The satchels come from the same Creoths.

I agree, I didn't understand anything when I saw that this was a solo quest. My champion can do one novice pretty fine but two at a time is as good as impossible, and they are almost exclusively in pairs. This is definitely a fellowship quest, or just come back when you're over level 40 somewhere lol.

QUEST: By Axe and Fire
    CATEGORY: Bree-land
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 21
    JOURNAL ICON: Small Fellowship
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 21
    REASONS: Because the opponent, Tarbúrz, never changes stats and can be fought solo with only 690 Morale, my Burglar did it on level and he usually has problems doing some on level mobs.

OR

Add fighting Durharna to it, this Unique mob is not far away and has no Quest attached to it so why not. But even then it could be Solo unless you have to fight both at once.

QUEST: Violet in Peril
    CATEGORY: The Shire
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 11
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 11
    REASONS: Either this or up the level (maybe 14-15) because all the mobs fought are close together and defensive Quests are hard already, when you add in the close mobs you either need a group or higher level.

QUEST: A Polished Pendant / A Deal Gone Sour
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 22
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 22
    REASONS: Similar to Violet in Peril, the number of mobs near where the NPC goes plus sometimes he is not assisting. It should also be noted you can do the second Quest but if you get/have the first you have to at least go back and talk to him when first found to finish that.

REASONS: I was going through Naerost doing a couple of other Quests, when I noticed the target mobs of this one I realized I could not do it even three levels above. I was playing my Captain and every time I fought a pair of mobs, I had to wait to get my Power back, fighting all the mobs for this one would be too much even with pots that I would only be able to use once due to cooldown time.

Quote Originally Posted by NSemente View Post
    Here's a bunch of Lone-lands quest.

QUEST: Burning the Dead
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 24
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 24

QUEST: Lost in Their Webs

QUEST: Weavers Beneath the Ruins

QUEST: The Goblin Ruins

REASONS: Sending players into Signature infested areas with rapid respawn rates is a small fellowship ordeal. Come on, Turbine, we even knew not to try and solo these quests back in Open Beta. I had hoped that with the changes to the Lone-lands, the respawn rates had been slowed, or the mobs toned down a bit, since there was still no small fellowship markings on the quests. Can we please get small fellowship markers on this quest?

REASONS: Sig + 4 swarm adds = pain for a single player. I'm playing a lv 25 champ with crafted armour and weapons, food and potions and still getting mowed down.
    This.... was a waste of time and money even trying to do solo, couldnt figure out what I was doing wrong. It even *says* solo when you pick it up... clearly not solo quests.

Because it is infact still soloable. I did so on at least 2 of my last 3 characters.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Rawkan View Post
    I agree, I didn't understand anything when I saw that this was a solo quest. My champion can do one novice pretty fine but two at a time is as good as impossible, and they are almost exclusively in pairs. This is definitely a fellowship quest, or just come back when you're over level 40 somewhere lol.
    I have tried it with a lvl 33 guard, and still is impossible, killing two is real tuff, but just as you get almost done another will join in the fight and you are dead. Why did Turbine make this a solo quest in the first place. Fighting one elite is bad enough but 2 or 3 is dang near impossible.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast