We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Re: Reported Quest Difficulty Levels and Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Pedric View Post
    QUEST: The Goblin Leader
    CATEGORY: The Lone Lands
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 25
    JOURNAL ICON: Solo
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 25
    ACTUAL ICON: Small Fellowship
    REASONS: To get to the main mob you must get through a large number of 24 and 25 signature mobs. There are at least two places where you will aggro at least three signatures. This quest appears to be impossible to beat solo.
    Not at all. Did it just fine on my Hunter. Died once when I made an extremely bad pull, but that was totally my fault.
    Arda Shrugged:Elendilstone

QUEST: 2.9.Epilogue Cucheron's Bow
    CATEGORY: Epic
    JOURNAL LEVEL:65
    ACTUAL LEVEL: Not sure
    ACTUAL ICON: Small Fellowship given the other quests in that area
    REASONS: The task is to kill gauntmen. The gauntmen are between 5-9k and they have spawns already. Once engaging in combat they will spawn a second ally, making it Three 5k+ mobs to fight at once. Often the gauntmen are stacked meaning the numbers go up very quickly. In one room there are 2 ghosts and 2 guantmen ALL within the same pull radius and none of them path. (in that room that means you are fighting 8 mobs from 1 pull) I'm assuming most people are accomplishing this while doing other quests in the same zone (this one was probably mislabeled and isn't necessarily too hard for what it was intended to be labeled).

QUEST: Birds of a Feather
    CATEGORY: North Downs
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 29
    JOURNAL ICON: Fellowship
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 34
    ACTUAL ICON: Fellowship
    REASONS: With the changes to Book 3 (1.3.4.II specifically) the Falconer's level was raised to Level 35 to match the new Epic Quest level. Unfortunately, in this quest you must kill a handful of the Elite Mob. Ironically, the named NPC's level is Level still 30.
    [size=2][u][url="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?328837-Sauron-vs.-Tom-Bombadil"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] ♪♫[/color][COLOR="DarkOrange"]A fun what-if video I hope lightens your day[/color][COLOR="Red"]♫♪[/color][/size]

QUEST: Emissaries Of The White Hand
    CATEGORY: Moria Upper Levels
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 53
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 53+
    REASONS: I have only killed the emissary in the camp of Ninknakh Faltor. In that particular camp, most pulls are pulls of 2 and some pulls are pulls of 3. Most of the pulls include those bat keepers that bring all of those bats with them. I am level 55 and most of the mobs con dark blue. Some are light blue and a few are even white cons. Most importantly, the emissary himself had over 5k morale and had an accompanying white con mob (again, I'm 55) with him. Without my heartseeker skill and the ability to trap the white con add, I do not know how I could have managed it. For any other class, this would be a very difficult if not impossible solo job. It may be soloable for some people and classes, but why have it be so frustrating? I think it would be better to just go ahead and put a small fellowship marker on it and save the frustration for many people. A 5k+ morale mob with a white con add (prob orange if you are lvl 53) should not be solo imo.

I died twice on the way to the emissary. When I saw that the next camp was similar, I decided that it wasn't worth the hassle to complete the quest and canceled it.

EDIT: The one at Durin's Crossing is soloable, but I do not think the other two are without much aggravation.
    Last edited by Ignotus; May 31 2010 at 12:37 AM.

QUEST: Half Orc Schemer
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 28
    JOURNAL ICON: Full Fellowship
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 35
    ACTUAL ICON: Full Fellowship
    REASONS: Mobs are level 35 with 4k+ Morale (likely the journal didn't get updated with the revamp).

QUEST: Oatmeal Problems
    CATEGORY: Lone-lands
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 32
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 27
    ACTUAL ICON: Solo
    REASONS: With the revamp of the Lone-lands, this quest level was raised to level 32. The quest requires you to talk to Nod Gardner in Oatbarton, and then opens up other quests in that area. However, the opened quests are level 27.

I did this quest on my Champion when she was 34. It was a dark blue quest. But when I got to Oatbarton all the quests were green or light blue.
    Last edited by Frieja; Aug 13 2010 at 05:27 PM.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

QUEST: Heritage Restored
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 31
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 31
    ACTUAL ICON: Solo (possibly small fellowship)
    REASONS: The task for this quest is to collect the great Auroch Skull and bring it back to the Earth-kin camp behind Esteldin. I have completed this quest solo every time I've done it. The mobs are spaced out enough that it's easy to avoid them. However, since the person carrying the skull cannot do ANYTHING other than run with it, I could see this being changed to a small fellowship quest; a couple people to clear a straighter path for the delivery boy. Full fellowship is just overkill though.

Quote Originally Posted by NSemente View Post
    QUEST: Sever the White Hand
    CATEGORY: Lone-Lands
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 25
    JOURNAL ICON: No Icon
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 25
    REASONS: Sig + 4 swarm adds = pain for a single player. I'm playing a lv 25 champ with crafted armour and weapons, food and potions and still getting mowed down.
    I did not have any issues with the other quests this person had issues with, but I had a LOT of trouble with this particular quest. This is definitely a small fellowship quest. I ran in and tried this quest 5 or 6 times and had to run away every time. I died twice. The four guys that are with the signature guy are only swarm mobs, but all of them together with the signature eat you up. I'm a level 27 champ with crafted armor, much of it crit'd, crafted and crit'd jewelery, and crafted weapons and using potions, and these guys just chew me up like I'm in a wood chipper. The boss apparently stuns you a lot too. I'd try to run away and frequently got stunned. There's no way this is a solo quest. I've never had my morale go down so quickly.

EDIT: Oh, btw, first time I've died since level 15. Wasn't happy.
    Last edited by Ignotus; Jun 24 2010 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignotus View Post
    There's no way this is a solo quest.
    It depends largely on your class. My LM got squashed, fast; but my guard breezed through it. However, I do agree that it could use a small fellow tag.

If you haven't already finished it, or given up on it, try going in without Fervour on. I don't remember what skills you have available to you at that level, but the lost of +damage is probably worth the full parry/evade when fighting this many/type of mob early on. Anyway, just a suggestion
    Or going in with Fervour on, build up some pips, then turn it off when your health starts dropping.
    [CENTER] Level 65 Hunter // Level 65 Warden // Level 65 Captain // Level 65 Lore Master // Level 65 Champion
    Level 65 Minstrel // Level 65 Burglar // Level 65 Rune Keeper // Level 50 Guardian
    [COLOR=Lime]Ongbú[/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]rz Tracker[/COLOR] says, "Stop hittin' me, you slug!"
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Rdarkholme View Post
    I agree as well. I just did this with my 43 Guard. I killed Gurzmat but died immediately after. It also bears mentioning that Gurzmat also heals to add another element to the difficulty.
    Bringing this to the fore again. This appears to be impossible for a Level 43 Hunter solo who has not gotten Rain of Thorns or Bard's Arrow yet. Too many adds. You cannot burn him down fast enough to kill him before you are dead yourself.

Quest: Vengeance Comes
    Category: Lone Lands
    Journal Level: 30
    Journal Icon: solo
    Actual Level: 30
    Actual Icon: small fellowship
    Reason: You have to fight through elites (Creoth Novice) to get to the area where you need to get to. Sometimes you get two at a time with the elites.

Quest: Rhudaur's Traitors
    Category: Lone Lands
    Journal Level: 31
    Actual Level: 31
    Actual Icon: small fellowship
    Reason: You have to fight through elites (Creoth Novice) to get to the area where you need to get to. Sometimes you get two at a time with the elites.

EDIT: OK, there are a couple of non elite patrols that roam around that you can pick off, but it's annoying to have to wait on those two patrols to respawn over and over so you can keep killing them. I believe you are meant to push into the NE area, which is guarded by elites.
    Last edited by Ignotus; Jun 28 2010 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linsyn View Post
    QUEST: Angmarim Sorcery
    CATEGORY: Forochel
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 47
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 47
    ACTUAL ICON: Small fellowship

REASONS: The (signature) Sorcerer you have to kill has a signature companion, the Gauradan Pack-Leader. Not only that, but the sorcerer also applies a buff to himself and to the pack-leader that increases both mob's attack speed by 25%. This is certainly NOT solo.
    I agree with Linsyn. These two signatures at an eqaul level to you are not soloable (unless you're a warden?). This needs to be marked small fellowship or have one signature removed.

What's odd is that Linsyn's post is from 2008 and I don't see responses from players that say this quest should be soloable. I'm posting in 2010. Time to change this quest. No, it's not a big deal, but that's a long time to wait for a response and/or action. Take a few people off the free LOTRO project to make these quick fixes.

Quest: Into Bree
    Category: Bree-land
    Journal Level: 8
    Actual Level: 12
    Actual Icon: solo
    Reason: You get these quests after completing the quest, "Friendships Renewed" which is a level 12 quest. It doesn't make sense to finish a level 12 quest in order to open up two level 8 quests. These are both bestowed by Lolo Wendingway.

Quest: On to Staddle
    Journal Level: 8
    Reason: Same as above. Also, quests in Staddle start at level 12.

As an aside, the following quest should probably be changed as well.

Quest: Family Treasures
    Journal Level: 9
    Reason: Bruner Stouthrush bestows this quest at the Combe Gate in Bree. But you're already level 12 by the time you pass him (on the way to turn in the "Into Bree" quest). Please make all the above quests level 12.

Quote Originally Posted by hucklebarry View Post
    QUEST: The Dungeons of Dol Gulder 2.9.16
    CATEGORY: Epic
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 65
    ACTUAL LEVEL: Not sure
    ACTUAL ICON: Small Fellowship or tweaked to be able to finish
    REASONS: 3 mobs with triple buff for melee damage could kill my mini in about 2 hits. It took over 10 tries and required literally every skill I had. If their damage was scaled back, it could stand as a solo quest.
    I did this quest first try with my Minstrel. My minstrel buddy also did it first try with her minstrel. You got to be quick with using some of your oh fudge skills like Fellowship Heart. Did you try kill one of two of them? Flop on your face to reset the others.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

QUEST: Vol I, Book II, Chapter 10: Breeders of the Dead
    CATEGORY: Epic Vol I, Book 2: The Red Maid
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 28
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 28
    REASONS: The task for this quest is to collect sigils from Gaunt-men. The Guant-men are signature mobs with a normal mob ally. They also summon more allies if you fail to interrupt them. Many times they will stun you and then summon an ally. In addition to this, the area has many other mobs close by. Some are wandering and some are stationary, but it is very easy to get another add or two in addition to the summoned allies. I had an extremely difficult time soloing this on my burg (using quest gear). I died on my third Gaunt-man, and then I could not solo it any longer with the death dread. I needed to group up to complete it (and apparently so did the Hunter who started the group).

Angry Re: Reported Quest Difficulty Levels and Recommendations

QUEST: Death from Below
    CATEGORY: Solo only- it's an instance quest
    ACTUAL LEVEL: It needs to be adjusted down on the difficulty, or raise the game's level cap!
    ACTUAL ICON: Well, it could be solo if the mobs or encounters were tweaked
    REASONS: I died TWICE, back to back, in here- this is very nearly impossible! I'm a fairly well-geared level 65 champ who knows how to play my class, and in the second main room where you have to fight the 5 mobs (I think 2 sappers, 2 diggers, and one driver) I don't believe it's possible to do this!! The driver is a signature mob, and he has a buff aura on the other goblins. Not only are you dealing with fire-throwers, but there's full-immobilize stun attacks, and the two dwarves you're trying to protect don't do enough damage to kill the mobs alone, and they die too quickly themselves. Something has to change about this- if I was a minstrel, this quest MIGHT be possible, because I could heal the dwarves, but I cannot do this. The idea behind the quests is that they should be challenging, making you feel "epic," but not so challenging that even when you put on every buff you can (including buying everything possible with destiny points!!) that you *STILL* die!! Is there some secret about this quest I'm missing? It's been so frustrating I'm logging off for the day- I hate it when I log on to have fun, and end up angry and feeling totally futile and worthless. If I wanted that, I'd go do monsterplay in the Ettenmoors... Epic fail for this quest!!

Quote Originally Posted by MeheaIki View Post
    QUEST: Death from Below
    CATEGORY: Solo only- it's an instance quest
    ACTUAL LEVEL: It needs to be adjusted down on the difficulty, or raise the game's level cap!
    ACTUAL ICON: Well, it could be solo if the mobs or encounters were tweaked
    REASONS: I died TWICE, back to back, in here- this is very nearly impossible! I'm a fairly well-geared level 65 champ who knows how to play my class, and in the second main room where you have to fight the 5 mobs (I think 2 sappers, 2 diggers, and one driver) I don't believe it's possible to do this!! The driver is a signature mob, and he has a buff aura on the other goblins. Not only are you dealing with fire-throwers, but there's full-immobilize stun attacks, and the two dwarves you're trying to protect don't do enough damage to kill the mobs alone, and they die too quickly themselves. Something has to change about this- if I was a minstrel, this quest MIGHT be possible, because I could heal the dwarves, but I cannot do this. The idea behind the quests is that they should be challenging, making you feel "epic," but not so challenging that even when you put on every buff you can (including buying everything possible with destiny points!!) that you *STILL* die!! Is there some secret about this quest I'm missing? It's been so frustrating I'm logging off for the day- I hate it when I log on to have fun, and end up angry and feeling totally futile and worthless. If I wanted that, I'd go do monsterplay in the Ettenmoors... Epic fail for this quest!!
    Please do NOT change this quest.

As also a moderately geared Champion, this quest is FUN and NOT too difficult. You need to adjust your tactics if you cannot complete it. You cannot just turn your brain off, run into the group of mobs, and expect to survive. Here's what I do with 100% success rate:

1. Let the dwarves aggro first.
    2. Stay back ~15m.
    3. Pop CB.
    4. Challenge the sig out of the group to you.
    5. Watch the morale of the dwarves. If one gets low, pull an additional goblin off him onto you then he should be ok.
    6. Get the sig to half health.
    7. Run back into the group.
    8. Maintain the sig as the primary target unless dwarf health requires otherwise.
    9. Sound the Attack.
    10. AOE at will.
    11. Win.

There is NOTHING impossible or even inordinately difficult about this instance. It only requires actual STRATEGY and efficient use of tactics. PLEASE leave it like this.
    Arda Shrugged:Elendilstone

Quote Originally Posted by MeheaIki View Post
    Death from Below
    REASONS: I died TWICE, back to back, in here- this is very nearly impossible!
    It's a tough one compared to most quests, but it's intended to be. I suggest reading the thread titled 'Death from Below' for tips and tricks on how to complete it. As I recall, Champion is one of the easier classes to complete this quest with.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

please do NOT change this quest. it is easily doable. on my hunter and lore-master both have around a 95% sucess rate, and both arent very well geared.

yes it is challenging to learn, however once you know what your class has to do, its fairly easy. the only reason you should fail once you know what to is you get unlucky with resists, or misses and bpe in in the case of melee

that said, if you have never completedthis it can be a very big challenge, however still fun imo.
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

QUEST: Threats and Follow-Through
    CATEGORY: Bree-Land
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 17
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 17
    REASONS: The target mob is a level 17 signature, with two normal mobs, that is surround closely by 4 or 5 pairs of aggressive bandits between levels 16 and 18, some melee, some archers. Also there are 6 or 7 groups of paired melee and archers of level 16 to 18 that roam around the target. Area has very fast respawn making it difficult to clear the area, kill the target mob and get out alive even with two players. Have tried to complete twice with duos of level 19 and both times at least one party member has been killed before they even knew they had threat.

QUEST: Defending the Herd
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 26
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 26
    REASONS: You have to defend a herd of farm animals with the farm-hand, Alwin. There are three waves of three mobs each -- hardly enough of a fight to require a full fellowship. I've soloed or duoed this on each of my toons.

QUEST: Retake Weathertop
    CATEGORY: Lone Lands
    JOURNAL LEVEL: 20
    JOURNAL ICON: Fellowship
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 25+
    ACTUAL ICON: Full Fellowship
    REASONS: The final fight is insane. Overall, it's rather tough, but this is one of those quests that really reinforces "holy trinity" gameplay...to the point of people feeling classes are required for healing AND power regen. I've yet to find a good fellowship to complete this one...the final fight ends up sending people off to solo after the first few wipes.
    Is there a solo version of this quest?

[CENTER][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=SandyBrown]Cenwyk [SIZE=1][COLOR=Yellow]Level 56[/COLOR][/SIZE] G[SIZE=3]uardian[/SIZE] [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=SandyBrown]Proud Member of[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=SandyBrown][URL="http://palantiri.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=152273&TabID=1291952&PageName=About+Us"][B][SIZE=3] The Palantiri[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/COLOR][URL="http://www.bladesofanarion.net/"]
    [/URL][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Yellow][SIZE=1]LAN[/SIZE]D[SIZE=3]R[/SIZE]O[SIZE=1]VAL[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=SeaGreen]:cool:[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by srh501 View Post
    Is there a solo version of this quest?
    Yes. You can choose a solo version with Inspired Greatness, or a full fellowship version.
    [CENTER] Level 65 Hunter // Level 65 Warden // Level 65 Captain // Level 65 Lore Master // Level 65 Champion
    Level 65 Minstrel // Level 65 Burglar // Level 65 Rune Keeper // Level 50 Guardian
    [COLOR=Lime]Ongbú[/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]rz Tracker[/COLOR] says, "Stop hittin' me, you slug!"
    [/CENTER]

QUEST: An Evil Spirit!
    CATEGORY: Enedwaith
    ACTUAL LEVEL: 65
    ACTUAL ICON: Small Fellowship (at least)
    REASONS: The monster you are supposed to banish (Tulwulh-gwirod) is 66th level, with approximately 11K morale and has an attack that takes 80% (or so) of your Morale off. I have an Elven Loremaster, who has a weapon that does Westernesse damage (that Tulwulh-gwirod is most vulnerable to) and even using Scrolls of Supreme Battle Lore and Supreme Warding Lore before the fight, my pet and I can't do enough damage to destroy it before it kills me with that outrageous attack.

Book 2, chapter 10: breeders of the dead too hard for the lvl req and most spawns have a 3 pulls or a patrol that comes through it. From 800 morale and a potion to 90 morale in one stun, remove the stun and stop them summoning new skeletons, i walk up and cc the skeleton and he summon a new one straight away and i got no more cc to stop him. Kiting them isn't an option as they hit from 15 metres away must be lag.
    Last edited by memanme; Nov 04 2010 at 10:51 AM.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast