We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Is completion of all East Rohan quests required before beginning Hytbold?

    I'm confused about the quest gating issue and although I'd like to start on Hytbold I'm still doing Cliving quests and haven't even been to Wildermore or Entwash Vale (so no rep there). Can I start on Hytbold and at the same time be doing those quests and building rep in those regions, or once I start on Hytbold are all those regions' quests closed to me except the dailies?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    712
    As far as I know, once you get the quest (it's auto-bestowed or you get a letter, can't recall which now) to go and talk to someone at Hytbold, you can go and start it. It's just level based. Some of the rebuild turn-ins there are rep gated but there are still some to start you off and you can turn in Hytbold tokens for rep these days.

    And you don't need Wildermore rep at all for Hytbold.
    Last edited by Altair6; Apr 09 2017 at 01:43 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    629
    Hytbold is a waste of time, the gear rewards are completely outclassed by the next level of gear - so a waste of time for anything other than cosmetics (and I dont think they look good enough to be worth even that.)

    I did it once, found out the hard way, and wont bother again.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Hytbold is a waste of time, the gear rewards are completely outclassed by the next level of gear - so a waste of time for anything other than cosmetics (and I dont think they look good enough to be worth even that.)

    I did it once, found out the hard way, and wont bother again.
    Yes, this! I did Hytbold once and only once because at the time the level cap was still 85 and I needed that set on the one toon I had at cap. I was rather dismayed that I wound up tossing all of it before I even reached level 88 in favor of the better quest reward armour I was getting. I did Wildermore for the same reason: I had a toon at level cap and didn't have anything else to do (this was before I started rolling alts).
    Crickhollow: Odolas (105), Odobearpig, Odoworf (105); et al. (Knights Who Say Ni) |Arkenstone: Odowulf (105); Odomuil (105); Odominous; et al. (Rogue Knights) | Arkestone Creeps: Shakwowbagger (r 11); Shakrantula; Shaksdoctordeath; Shakbagnusz (Cohorts)

  5. #5
    I'm not concerned with the gear - I want the furniture! But I don't want to start Hytbold if that prevents me from doing the non-Hytbold-related quests in the Norcrofts and the Entwash Vale, etc. Will those still be open to me if I start the Hybold quests before completing the other Norcrofts and Entwash Vale quests, or can I do them at the same time?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna2 View Post
    I'm not concerned with the gear - I want the furniture! But I don't want to start Hytbold if that prevents me from doing the non-Hytbold-related quests in the Norcrofts and the Entwash Vale, etc. Will those still be open to me if I start the Hybold quests before completing the other Norcrofts and Entwash Vale quests, or can I do them at the same time?
    Once you hit lvl 85 you should get a letter from fastred with an attachment giving you the starter for hytbold.
    I loved hytbold, although on its release it was gruelling.
    I am forever holding out for a Rohan estate so all my altos go through hytbold.
    “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna2 View Post
    I'm not concerned with the gear - I want the furniture! But I don't want to start Hytbold if that prevents me from doing the non-Hytbold-related quests in the Norcrofts and the Entwash Vale, etc. Will those still be open to me if I start the Hybold quests before completing the other Norcrofts and Entwash Vale quests, or can I do them at the same time?
    As I remember it, you can only do so much on Hytbold per day, then there is a long cooling off period, I went off and did other quests in the areas you mention, and came back to Hytbold only when I was doing the daily landscape/Boss quests, and happened to be nearby.

    It was my first character, I never RTFM, so just did whatever I came across, in the order I came across it. On the Epic quests I remember having 3 different parts of the arc, from 3 different books, all going at the same time; when I finished all the quests in Rohan, I went back and completed all the epic quest lines and area deeds.

    I was close to seriously outlevelling Rohan before I finished even 1/2 the quests, even with no VIP bonus XP, so spent nearly a month with the Stone of Tortoise in my pocket. That alt reached L92 without ever getting to Helms Deep (I've bypassed it for now)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle_Boogy View Post
    Once you hit lvl 85 you should get a letter from fastred with an attachment giving you the starter for hytbold.
    There is an automated mail at 84, last character through those levels got it immediately.
    Also it's very true that quest gear at start of Helm's Deep expansion will outperform not only the Hytbold stuff but any former end game 85s.
    People still find some small utility in the Erebor sets or part of those because of some exploit with bugged skills but the Hytbod gear was thoroughly retired.
    Even a first age legendary item level 85 will be outdone by a third age LI 87 or 88. I mean to say: don't linger at cap 85 unless there for completion of all content.
    Last edited by Macroscian; Apr 10 2017 at 04:04 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna2 View Post
    I'm not concerned with the gear - I want the furniture! But I don't want to start Hytbold if that prevents me from doing the non-Hytbold-related quests in the Norcrofts and the Entwash Vale, etc. Will those still be open to me if I start the Hybold quests before completing the other Norcrofts and Entwash Vale quests, or can I do them at the same time?
    Yes, you can do Hytbold at the same time.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna2 View Post
    I'm confused about the quest gating issue and although I'd like to start on Hytbold I'm still doing Cliving quests and haven't even been to Wildermore or Entwash Vale (so no rep there). Can I start on Hytbold and at the same time be doing those quests and building rep in those regions, or once I start on Hytbold are all those regions' quests closed to me except the dailies?
    No, the quests won't be closed off.

    There are very few quests in the game that can be closed off so you can't do them, and I think that for every single one of them you will get a warning in red along the lines of "Doing this quest will prevent you from doing another quest" when starting the action that will potentially close them off.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload