We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LOTRO SERVER DERR
    Posts
    68

    Post Virtue Deeds Database

    Over the last couple of months I've been working with another LOTRO Player Digaloo on a program which can display and allows you to search through a list of Virtue Deeds that corresponds with the Deeds in LOTRO.

    If you want to try the program out for yourself here's a download link:
    https://github.com/queekusme/Lotro-V...eases/tag/v1.0

    This is the first release so if you do find any bugs, including incorrect virtues then please open a ticket on GitHub and I'll see to having it fixed asap.
    (side-note: Far Anorien has been added as a region however if you select it there are no deeds available. This is intended behavior and we will update the deeds list when we have a correct list.)

    If you have any other questions or comments I'm more than happy to answer.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LOTRO SERVER DERR
    Posts
    68
    Hi guys,

    So the first set of deeds for Far Anorien have been added to the list.

    There's no need to re-download the program, it's designed to handle updates like this itself (Internet required).

    Hope you find it useful!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    Posts
    2,896
    I applaud your effort and would be interested in looking closer at it, but a Java based application is a serious showstopper for me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    235

    Thumbs up Thanks

    This is a very cool idea. Thank you for writing it.

    I would ask for a couple features as you go along.

    1) Please allow it to recall it's state from the last usage such that it will remember what has been selected in the dropdowns, the preferred level span, and whether or not one wants to see retired deeds.

    2) I know this will require a significant bit of coding:

    • Allow for individual toon "profiles". This of course would not include race, class, etc. rather only individual names.
    • As per the above, provide a mechanism to allow indicating which deeds have been accomplished for each toon so they can be tracked in a more meaningful manner.


    As I said before, thank you for a great new tool.

    --------------------

    May peace reign over your journey. But, if trouble comes, mercilessly obliterate your enemy! Reduce them to their most minute, constituent components and grind them into the earth.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LOTRO SERVER DERR
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    I applaud your effort and would be interested in looking closer at it, but a Java based application is a serious showstopper for me.
    thanks, java's one of my favorite languages however some people don't like it. Each to their own.

    Quote Originally Posted by Earthsuit View Post
    This is a very cool idea. Thank you for writing it.

    I would ask for a couple features as you go along.

    1) Please allow it to recall it's state from the last usage such that it will remember what has been selected in the dropdowns, the preferred level span, and whether or not one wants to see retired deeds.

    2) I know this will require a significant bit of coding:

    • Allow for individual toon "profiles". This of course would not include race, class, etc. rather only individual names.
    • As per the above, provide a mechanism to allow indicating which deeds have been accomplished for each toon so they can be tracked in a more meaningful manner.


    As I said before, thank you for a great new tool.

    --------------------

    May peace reign over your journey. But, if trouble comes, mercilessly obliterate your enemy! Reduce them to their most minute, constituent components and grind them into the earth.
    1) State recalling's a very nice idea, I'll definitely look into it when I get the chance.
    2) Yes, it would probably take a bit of re-jigging but toon profiles would be possible. Again, I'll look into it when I get the chance.

    When I first started working on this with my friend, we wanted to get it to this point first. One of the reasons for releasing it was if people liked it was to recieve feedback and suggestions. This isn't going to be a one version program, I plan to update it at least whilst i'm still playing, which should be for a while.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Balfimli View Post
    thanks, java's one of my favorite languages however some people don't like it. Each to their own.



    1) State recalling's a very nice idea, I'll definitely look into it when I get the chance.
    2) Yes, it would probably take a bit of re-jigging but toon profiles would be possible. Again, I'll look into it when I get the chance.

    When I first started working on this with my friend, we wanted to get it to this point first. One of the reasons for releasing it was if people liked it was to recieve feedback and suggestions. This isn't going to be a one version program, I plan to update it at least whilst i'm still playing, which should be for a while.
    I like that it is cross platform and very agile. But, there are those who are considerate of the security issues it MAY constitute. As you say, to each their own.

    Anyhow, I'm very glad to hear that you are going to continue with this project. It is and will be a great tool.

    Thinking today, it struck me that to do the toon profiles you'll also need to store them by world. More work. Sorry.

    --------------------
    May peace reign over your journey. But, if trouble comes, mercilessly obliterate your enemy! Reduce them to their most minute, constituent components and grind them into the earth.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LOTRO SERVER DERR
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthsuit View Post
    I like that it is cross platform and very agile. But, there are those who are considerate of the security issues it MAY constitute. As you say, to each their own.

    Anyhow, I'm very glad to hear that you are going to continue with this project. It is and will be a great tool.

    Thinking today, it struck me that to do the toon profiles you'll also need to store them by world. More work. Sorry.

    --------------------
    May peace reign over your journey. But, if trouble comes, mercilessly obliterate your enemy! Reduce them to their most minute, constituent components and grind them into the earth.
    The reason I chose to host the source online was so that people can see what the program's doing, however I can't speak for java itself on security issues. All I can recommend is having the latest version, the minimum version I specify is only down to which version I compiled it with. I'll try to keep it as low as possible however if there's a security fix that java recommends people update to, I may compile newer versions accordingly to encourage updating.

    I've spoken with my friend and we're working on how to implement the features suggested, don't have an ETA but can confirm I'm looking into all ideas suggested.

    As soon as there's anything to show I'll add updates.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    235
    Thanks.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    I've logged in to play in CA,TX,GA,DC,IL,MN,ID,OR,NV
    Posts
    5,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Balfimli View Post
    thanks, java's one of my favorite languages however some people don't like it. Each to their own.
    Probably because they have to download this crazy bit of software on their machine that keeps requiring regular updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthsuit View Post
    it struck me that to do the toon profiles you'll also need to store them by world.
    Wait, what? Why?
    2017: 6 levels and an instance! As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LOTRO SERVER DERR
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Banaticus View Post
    Probably because they have to download this crazy bit of software on their machine that keeps requiring regular updates.
    There's many options you can set from no notifications & no updates to just update...

    As a developer I kinda have to keep my update off as developers are recommended to support as many versions as possible which us why before Minecraft shipped java with the launcher it was still all the way back on java 1.6.

    Quote Originally Posted by Banaticus View Post
    Wait, what? Why?
    This is something that took a short while to work into the design however isn't what's happening, exactly....

    what we've planned is to have a box you enter a profile name into which can be however you want to specify it, for example, using my characters:
    - Laurelin Feladion
    - Evernight Ibuprofen

    This means that you're not restricted as some people only have characters on one server.
    It also means that if turbine do more server merges that the list doesn't need to be amended and you'll be able to rename/delete profiles accordingly.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    235
    Greets. Just wondering if there have been any advances with the database.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload